Start by marking “The Money Kill” as Want to Read:
The Money Kill

The Money Kill (Karin Schaeffer #4)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Former New York City police detectives-turned-Brooklyn private investigators Karin Schaeffer and her husband Mac survived when brutal terror invaded their lives more than once. Now the offer of thirty thousand dollars for one day's work in London, followed by a family vacation in an exotic locale, seems too good to be true. And then they discover that it is.

Putting Mac's i
Published March 26th 2013 by Harper

To ask other readers questions about The Money Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Money Kill

Patricia
Karin Schaeffer and her husband, Mac MacLeary, are just beginning to feel like a normal, married couple. The terrors that invaded their lives on more than one occasion have now been put behind them. Mac is running a private investigation agency and Karin is working with him. The children are happy and life is good.

When Cathy Millerhausen hires Mac to investigate her husband billionaire, Godfrey Millerhousen, Mac agrees. Cathy fears that Godfrey is unfaithful and if a divorce is in the future, sh
Kaisu

"Der Sommer deines Todes" ist der vierte Band um die Ermittlerin Karin Schaeffer und dennoch muss man die anderen Bücher nicht zwangsweise gelesen haben, um den Inhalt zu verstehen. Wer also einmal in die Serie reinschnuppern möchte, ist auch mit diesem Buch gut beraten und kann sich danach immer noch die restlichen Bände besorgen.

Es geht um einen scheinbar idyllischen Urlaub, den sich Mac und Karin redlich verdient haben. Der Weg wie sie daran kamen, ist zwar nicht ganz alltäglich, aber wer sch
Marie
I was very excited to get to review this for NETGALLEY - I have always loved Katia Lief's books in the past and have found them gritty, fast paced and overall a good storyline. However i felt disappointed by this one. I was 30% into it and still didnt feel like the story was going anywhere. I found myself wanting to skim read a lot of it - too much detail and not even action and crime for my liking.
It tells the story of Mac and his family. Mac is a private investigator and is asked to investiga
Gloria Feit
Sometimes an offer is too good to be true. That’s what happens to former NYC police detective Seamus (“Mac”) MacLeary, now a private investigator, when he is offered an easy half-day job in London for an exorbitant fee and a house-swapping vacation on an Italian island. Without thinking, he grabs the offer; the consequences are enormous.

Mac is now specializing in marital infidelities, and is approached by the wife of billionaire Godfrey Millerhausen to investigate what she believes to be an aff
Christine bonner
This is the 3rd book I have read of Katia Lief and read it in a day.

I am not reading the books in order as i am waiting for the library to get them in,

Mac and Karin now run a PI along with Mary a friend, Mac is ask to see if a husband is cheating on his wife, than there get a offer to go to Sardinia for a 3 week house exchange, which there go on Mary and the kids go on there own, Mac and Karin go to London and than go to join up with Mary and the children.

When Mac and Karin get there the childre
Naomi
Read my full review @ http://bit.ly/13iHabX

My rating: 3.5 Stars (Will be 3 Stars on Goodreads/Amazon)

My opinion: Not my favorite in the series, but still a good read. I found myself not as attached to the storyline. It wasn't that the writing was bad but I simply felt that it was much more "pushed" and dramatic than some of her other releases. I was much more reminded of the first book in the series versus the last release.

It took me longer to get through this book that was 200 pages compared t
Stanley Lee
Can't quite follow the plot.
Pooja Mishra
Not great, doesn't have the usual Katia Lief zing....
Reading Fool
I received a free copy of this book from the author.

Suspenseful and fast-paced. I couldn't put it down. Husband and wife team Mac and Karin are private investigators who have been hired by Cathy Millerhausen, who thinks her husband is cheating on her. The story is much more complicated than a simple case of marital infidelity. I need to read other novels by Katia Lief.
Curlyhair
Not my fav of this series. It was a slow burner for me, as it seemed to take ages before I was really into this story. I nearly did give up. I ended up enjoying it, but only from about half way through. In the books defence, kidnapping in any shape or form, is not my favourite subject!!
Colleen
This was the 4th in a series and I think I liked it the best. It had so many players in it and you really weren't sure who knew what was going on or who was being used. It kept me guessing until close to the end.
Marie Coats
I thought this was a very good story. Very different.
Sad and Scary.
I thought the Author could have finished it a little better.
Jodi
This book is a great read filled with action and suspense. I highly recommend it.
K.l.
tenses constantly changing confused me, but not a bad story
Germaine
Repetitive and boring
Evo
Evo marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Kirsty
Kirsty is currently reading it
Jul 02, 2015
Mandi
Mandi marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Danielle Fontaine
Danielle Fontaine marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Jayde Mills
Jayde Mills marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Matthew Harvey
Matthew Harvey marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Marclla
Marclla marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Kimber
Kimber marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Here She Lies
  • The Prostate Monologues: What Every Man Can Learn from My Humbling, Confusing, and Sometimes Comical Battle With Prostate Cancer
  • Race Across the Sky: A Novel
  • Cold Cold Heart
  • The Stone Lion
  • Long Time, No See
  • The Alligator Man
  • Resolve
  • Dirty Secrets (Romantic Suspense, #4.5)
  • What More Could You Wish For
  • Fallen Land
  • Little Elvises (Junior Bender, #2)
  • Crazy Salad and Scribble Scribble: Some Things About Women and Notes on Media
  • Red Light (Merci Rayborn #2)
  • Fields of the Fatherless
  • The Carrion Birds
  • Breakneck (Kitt Lundgren, #2)
  • Dead Man's Gift: Yesterday (part 1)
The first thing I ever wrote that received any notice was a one page story for my third grade English teacher. I don't recall what the assignment was, but I somehow found myself writing about a woman at a dinner party who suddenly realizes her teeth are invisible. She sits there, wedged between two chattering guests, wondering how she will eat, how she will talk, and generally how she will get out ...more
More about Katia Lief...

Karin Schaeffer (4 books)
  • You Are Next