Start by marking “Burned (Pretty Little Liars, #12)” as Want to Read:
Burned (Pretty Little Liars, #12)

Burned (Pretty Little Liars #12)

3.92  ·  Rating Details ·  11,212 Ratings  ·  732 Reviews
It's spring break, and the pretty little liars are trading in Rosewood for a cruise vacation. They want nothing more than to sail into the tropical sunset and leave their troubles behind for one blissful week. But where Emily, Aria, Spencer, and Hanna go, A goes, too. From scuba diving to tanning on the upper deck, A is there, soaking up all their new secrets.

Emily is smoo
Published December 4th 2012 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Burned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burned

Ashley
BURNED? Are they going to be in another fire?
If this is true, please just take my brain cells now.

Plus that's the cover?
description
Michael
Jan 07, 2013 Michael rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: judge-me
Okay, here's the deal. I know I'm about the farthest away a reader can be from the target audience of the Pretty Little Liars novels, but you guys know that it's still one of my favorite series nonetheless. If you scroll through each of the books, there's a good chance you'll find a review of me gushing lovingly over it. That being said, this series needs to end.

I'm still trying to figure out if I'm beginning to like this series less and less because (a) it is, in fact, decreasing in quality, o
Kate ♡
Sep 27, 2015 Kate ♡ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Burned by Sara Shepard
book 12 in the Pretty Little Liars series

Let's just jump right in, shall we, okay...
So, my favourite aspect of this book was that it took place on a boat, which was such a refreshing and fun idea for a book, and also for these characters!

I also loved the relationships between the girls and their partners, I found them all super cute and fun in this one.

I enjoyed all the girls plot lines in this instalment, as-well as the overall plot line in the book!
The ending was awesome,
Karen
After finishing this book, I'm starting to lose faith in the plot. What started as an interesting, thrilling novel about five girls keeping non-life threatening secrets turned into a murderous spree. It's just not believable anymore. I know life is hard when you are teenager but we're talking about five teenagers who have committed serious crimes. They're just not hiding petty secrets, these pretty little liars are hiding murders, ex-convicts, car accident secrets, and endangering other people's ...more
Amanda Lehew
Dec 29, 2012 Amanda Lehew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hope this is the last one!!! I love the books..

But come on The girls always hold in their secrets.

Regret it later.

Lie to the people they love.

Then it bites them in the butt.

If she were to make another book I would be forced to read it, and this journey is getting long lol!!!

Have not ever lost any interest in the books though can't wait to read it! ;)
!
hayden
Jul 25, 2014 hayden rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
These books are cray. Can't wait for 13 and 14 so I can finally figure out this shit.
Austin
Jul 25, 2013 Austin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was AmAzing!
Hannah S.
A typical trashy Pretty Little Liars book, where I yell at the characters for their stupidity throughout the entire thing. I sort of hate these books for being so awful, but then I need to know how it all ends, too, and so I keep reading. And, let's be honest, it's a nice little break, so read something so easy and titillating. The girls are on a cruise this time, but the book still follows the formula of the previous ones: They suspect someone who is slightly suspicious, put all their eggs in o ...more
Kat
Ashleigh
I wouldn't be surprised if Sara wrote another four after this.
Anonymous
Dec 06, 2012 Anonymous is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Ok I want to read this the MOST of ANYONE! I talk about PLL nonstop (no joke)! I been waiting for what feels like forever to get to read this: the last PLL book (or so I think)! Sadly, I'm gonna hav to wait a bit longer, but I don't know if I can hold a grudge for that long! Uggggh! :P
Aleesha
I was really hoping this would be the last book but it's not.

Honestly speaking the main body of the book is exactly the same as the other pretty little liars book albeit some new names. Emily gets a crazy girlfriend again, Hannah is trying to be friends with the popular crowd, Spencer is running after another perfect guy and Aria is still kooky. Throw in A and you have it.
It was pointless to read the whole thing just skipping to the end of the book would have given us the only new teensy tiny t
Geraldine O'Hagan
Dec 20, 2013 Geraldine O'Hagan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Barb
Dec 19, 2012 Barb rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sorry Sara Shepard, you've lost a fan. This series has dragged on so long that I can't keep an interest in it any more. It's just the same old same old, in each book. The only things that seem to change are the secrets, lies and who's A now.
Spencer, Aria, Emily and Hannah just sound like whiny brats now, and I just can't be bothered with wasting my time any more.
I think it's time to put this series to bed already.

Even the TV series has lost my interest, they take too many breaks, and wait too lo
Claudia
Oct 28, 2012 Claudia marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
OK SO NOW THERE'S GOING TO BE ANOTHER BOOK IN THE SERIES AFTER THIS ONE. IT'S GOING TO BE CALLED CRUSHED. WTF WHEN IS SHE GOING TO STOP? I LOVE THESE BOOKS BUT THERE'S JUST WAY TOO MANY NOW.

description
Janelle Dazzlepants
Marie Lim
Jul 16, 2012 Marie Lim marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Can this be the last book? It is after all the 12th one. That's longer than Harry Potter! Honestly, I don't want to still be waiting on these books when I graduate college.
Aliah Oteson
Dec 08, 2012 Aliah Oteson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Cannot flipping wait!!! I need to know if A is really Alison! I bet it is!
alex
Dec 04, 2012 alex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
IT'S OFFICIAL. I READ IT. AND LOVED IT.

okay, so since I'm like a supernerd, I ordered Burned on Amazon back in September, and selected one-day shipping so it showed up on my doorstep the day it's released, today. And then I got home from school and proceeded to read the whole thing in one sitting.

SPOILER ALERT!!! YOU HAVE BEEN FOREWARNED. DON'T READ THE REST OF THIS REVIEW IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK!!!!

Okay, so the good:
I stayed in the edge of my seat. I just love how Sara Shepard made A so..
Ashlee Telschow
Dec 19, 2012 Ashlee Telschow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Isabella
Jul 12, 2015 Isabella rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
Princess Kayla
Blech I so do not like this cover. The title blends in too much. Plus the cover for Stunning kind of set the bar high.
Karen
Jan 18, 2014 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, I found this book disappointing. This was supposed to be the last book in the PLL series, and we were going to find out who A is. First problem with this series is that Sara Shepard should have stopped at the eighth book. But she wants to make money, so she continues writing these 'books.'

Now let me say, I am a fan of Pretty Little Liars. I've read all 12 books and the little spin offs, like Pretty Little Secrets. I watch the tv show avidly. I await the next book release with anticipat
Lindsay
Dec 12, 2012 Lindsay rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I know I probably have said this about the previous 11 books, but they really are all the same. The 4 girls are all stressed out that someone (A) is going to reveal all their secrets, and yet they just keep doing more and more stuff that they dont want people to know about. I was kind of hoping this would be the last in the series (come on, 12 books is enough!), but the way it ended, you know there are going to be more. And of course I'm a sucker and will read them. This one wasnt very exciting, ...more
Guillem Plà Quiles
Wow, I didn't expect that last chapter. I'm not going to spoil anything for anyone, but Shepard gave it a twist and changed the mechanics we've been used to so far. I looooooved that the whole plot took place in the same scenario and the creepiness that filled the air every so often. I can't wait to see what's coming.

Plus, today I was pumped because of the season six premiere, so that might have influenced my opinion... who cares? AWESOME book.
Stephanie
Wow, Oh my gosh, this book was awesome! This book was so good and suspenseful, I couldn't put it down. I stayed up until 1:30 last night reading it because I needed to know what happens next. This is definitely my new favorite book in the series! I love this series so much and can't wait to read the next book :)
Edgar

i hope they all die in this book and this series is over.

after reading: this book sucks kbye
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
At A Glance

Genre:
Young Adult; Mystery
Love Triangle/Insta Love?: Love triangles.
Cliff Hanger: yepp

Total: 7

In Depth

Best Part:
Getting more back story.
Worst Part: Still crazy "small world"
Overall Feels Felt: Grabbing straws!; A upping the game!

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: yes
Misc.: Buddy Read :D

Short Review: Well, the ladies are sure grabbing at any
Alex
Jan 03, 2013 Alex rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I still maintain this series should have ended after book 8, but this IS my biggest guilty pleasure series so I will keep reading them.

This one was just as fun to read, but it was honestly pointless.

(view spoiler)
Madison Calhoun
Nov 20, 2014 Madison Calhoun rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, ya
Earlier this year, I started reading the PLL series and finally got up to date right as Stunning came out. So, this was the first actual gap I've had to sit through between two of the books. It was an interesting experience. But, picking up another Pretty Little Liars book after not reading one for about six months is kind of like going back to an old friend's house, sitting in front of their fire place, and having a homemade snack. It's really nice and I wish I could convey to some of my friend ...more
A Million More Pages: 12 - Burned (PLL): Sept 1 3 10 May 12, 2015 01:46PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #8 Burned 1 3 Feb 02, 2015 10:43AM
YA lovers <3: Burned 1 2 Jul 07, 2014 11:40PM
Who is new A? 12 78 Feb 07, 2014 09:41PM
The End...Finally 29 122 Feb 07, 2014 09:34PM
The never-ending series 6 18 Feb 07, 2014 09:28PM
  • Rosewood Confidential: The Unofficial Companion to Pretty Little Liars
  • Pure Sin (Privilege, #5)
  • Don't You Forget About Me (Gossip Girl, #11)
  • Pretty Little Liars (TV Series)
  • Top of the Feud Chain (Alphas, #4)
Sara Shepard graduated from NYU and has an MFA from Brooklyn College. She currently lives in Tucson, Arizona. Sara's Pretty Little Liars novels were inspired by her upbringing in Philadelphia's Main Line.
More about Sara Shepard...

Pretty Little Liars (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1)
  • Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, #2)
  • Perfect (Pretty Little Liars, #3)
  • Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars, #4)
  • Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, #5)
  • Killer (Pretty Little Liars, #6)
  • Heartless (Pretty Little Liars, #7)
  • Wanted (Pretty Little Liars, #8)
  • Twisted (Pretty Little Liars, #9)
  • Ruthless (Pretty Little Liars, #10)

“Life isn't worth living if you're scared all the time.
-Jordan”
27 likes
“Four liars are about to be burned
-A”