Start by marking “The Sun Trail (Warriors: Dawn of the Clans, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Sun Trail (Warriors: Dawn of the Clans, #1)

The Sun Trail (Warriors: Dawn of the Clans #1)

4.37  ·  Rating Details ·  4,100 Ratings  ·  221 Reviews
Warriors: Dawn of the Clans #1: The Sun Trail by Erin Hunter has descriptive copy which is not yet available from the Publisher.
Published March 5th 2013 by HarperCollins

Kat (Lost in Neverland)
*Phone rings*

Me: *I answer it* Hello?

"Is this Kat?"

Me: Yeah?

"Yes, hi, I'm here with Warriors.com, reminding you that there is a new spin-off Warriors series called The Sun Trial: Dawn of the Clans. It's about how the clans all started."

Me: description

"Hello?"

Me: description

"Miss Kat?"

Me:.........Bye! *hangs up phone*

description

That phone conversation didn't actually happen, but it was pretty funny huh?

description

Anyway, back to the Warrior cats.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

description

Fucking love the Warrior cats.

Kristy
Oct 12, 2012 Kristy marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: warriors
Woah.. I thought the series was over!
Can't wait for it to come out :D

I might die waiting for March 5th. They better have books in the afterlife...
Elizabeth
Aug 17, 2012 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erin-hunter

YES!!! I was still traumatized from the realization that the warriors i've known since into the wild to the last hope were GONE. Hopefully this new series will be just as good and as interesting as the other four!!!!
Micheline
Oh. My! It's finally announced: The prequel Warriors Series! The Dawn of the Clans! New Warriors books to look forward to: AWESOME! I can't wait :D
Alyssa
Jan 26, 2013 Alyssa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: warriors
When the OotS series ended, I thought I might die. How could the Warrior Books be ending? I thought there would be no more books to look forward to buying (and then freaking out with excitement when you got them). When this book was announced, it was clearly the day StarClan decided to hear our pleas. xD So excited for it and so happy for a whole new story and new characters to get attached to. <3
Alexis H
Dec 23, 2013 Alexis H rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As much as I love the Warriors series, there is no making up for what they butchered in this book. It felt like I was reading a cliche high school drama which is never what the series should be turning to. Clear Sky became stupidly evil, throwing out his son and turning against the cats that he thought of as family. Gray Wing loved Storm for no reason and then completely blew off Turtle Tail. Storm loved Clear Sky for no reason. Really... It became a Romeo and Juliet type thing. The whole premis ...more
Savannah J.
WOW!!!! This was not what I expected! The Sun Trail is about before the clans were even invented, when the Tribe was barely onto its next leader! I love the cast of cats, and enjoyed the deep explanation of just how other clans think Thunderclan is arrogent. ( Not in Firestar's generation, they weren't though!)
Ivy
Glad the cats found their new home. Poor cats that died though. I wonder what will happen to the cats who stayed. One of my favorite series.
Faith
Apr 04, 2013 Faith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maddie
Dec 15, 2012 Maddie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Warriors fans, and teens that enjoy reading fantasy books with talking animals.
Shelves: romance, animal
The Sun Trail is about a tribe of cats who live near the top of a mountain, and have been living there peacefully for many moons. But lately, prey has become incredibly scarce, and their leader fears they will not survive. When a mysterious vision reveals a land filled with food and water, a group of brave, young cats set off in search of this better home.

I have to admit, I was not expecting this book to be so well written, and edited so well. In the Omen of the Stars series, I was able to po
Angela Oliver
For those of you curious, the golden eagle can feasibly lift prey weighing up to around 4.4 kg, if the weather conditions are favourable. Normally anything over 2 kg is a struggle.
An adult cat weighs around 4kg. Therefore, if the wind is right, an eagle could carry away an adult cat BUT, it would not be easy! Especially if the aforementioned cat was struggling for its life.

Anyhow, now to the actual review:

I love animal books, and it's been a long, long time since I read "Into the Wild" and a fe
Mary
Ok, so I am a HUGE warrior cats fan!!! I have all the books and literally will pick up anything the Hunters write. However, I have to say that while I couldn't wait to dive in and read and that stupid grades have to come first (haha just joking, I really freak about my grades. I wonder if it's healthy to be so stressed about them) I wasn't too impressed.

I understand that the whole back story and setting was necessary but I felt that Gray Wing was just pushed off too strangely into the journey. I
Xander G.
Oct 31, 2016 Xander G. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Spoiler alert* The first book in the Dawn of the Clans series of Warriors (this book) consists of how the clans started off. To sum it up, the cats had originally lived in the mountains until the stoneteller, Half Moon, had a vision of a place with more opportunity, and safety than the mountains, since a lot of cats were dying. Gray Wing, the main character, was my favorite one. He had so much emotion and passion for his actions, and he was a cool cat (that was intentional). The story kept me g ...more
Allie Penn
Jan 24, 2016 Allie Penn marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I thought I escaped WARRIORS back around 2012, but this is a prequel series and now I'm intrigued.
Christopher2

The book I read is called ‘Warrior Cats: The sun trail’. The author of this book is Erin hunter. This book is fiction.

The book is about a group of cats who choose to leave their home in the mountains to find a better place to live. Some cats stay and others go. They leave because food is very scarce in the mountains during winter. The main character is a cat named Gray Wing, who chose to stay in the mountains. But when his little brother, Jagged Peak, who is too young to go, leaves secretly and
John
Apr 06, 2014 John rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
NO. NO. NO. This is the worst of the Warriors books. Don't get me wrong, I love the books. Except for this one.... Why? The characters, once a strong point of the book, now fall flat. The drama is cluttered together like a huge mess. Examples: (view spoiler) ...more
Brianna L.
Warriors: Dawn of the Clans #1: The Sun Trail
Erin Hunter
Adventure

Before the original five clans came to the forest there were others. Mountain cats. The Tribe of Rushing Waters is mentioned in the first Warriors series. They have the original Stoneteller. Stonteller was the "healer" of the former mountain cats. The first Stoneteller, Half Moon, sent a group of cats to find the forest. This is because the mountains didn't have enough prey for all the current cats there. The main character, Gray W
Eli Lenett
Apr 21, 2016 Eli Lenett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Sun Trail is a great book and a great new series for the growing Warriors series by Erin Hunter. The story follows a young cat named Gray Wing, who lives in the mountains. His tribe had been starving, and some cats organized a plan to leave the mountains and move to a new area. The story did a great job at explaining it's characters, and interesting events happened on the cat's way to their new land. When they got their though, it felt like events were rushed, and everything happened all to ...more
Kirsti
Mar 19, 2014 Kirsti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I actually hired this book almost two months ago from my local library, but hesitated; how could I go back to a prequel after the glory that was Warriors? I just wasn't ready, and it was only the threat that I have to return this book and I've already renewed it once that made me finally read it.

I loved it; how could I not? I was fascinated by Warriors from the beginning and I grew to care so much for fictional cats. This series is no different, although I am glad the journey part is already ove
Frankie
I am flipping out!! When my friend told me that they were coming out with the prequel series after seeing it on Facebook, I didn't believe her all the way. But when I logged on and saw this, I am just doing a happy dance inside my head. I am buzzing with excitement!!!
GD Trekkie
I really loved this book. My favorite in the WHOLE warriors series. It was so interesting and GrayWing wasn't a Gary Stue! He had good character development and I love his story. I'm so excited to buy Thunder Rising.
Yiyang Zhang
Sep 27, 2015 Yiyang Zhang rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes it's a brave act to try things that you don't know.
Lilly
Oct 10, 2012 Lilly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome,best warrior book yet!
Ellie D'angelo
Nov 01, 2013 Ellie D'angelo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it!
Cherrysong
Apr 26, 2013 Cherrysong rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
amazing! can't wait to read the second!
Sarah Stumphf
Nov 08, 2013 Sarah Stumphf rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really interesting way of portraying cats.
Vinuoc C.
Jan 10, 2015 Vinuoc C. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book after finding out that my previous favorite series as a younger child was continued.

The book begins in the mountains, from the point of view of Half Moon. She is worried because the Tribe is overcrowded and starving. Lion's Roar says that maybe they need to find another place to live, but Half Moon points out the mountains are where Jay's Wing led them. However, she sees a vision of a golden sunrise, and believes that maybe some of the Tribe could leave to find a new home, whi
FlickerFly
Jan 15, 2017 FlickerFly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read all six of these books in a single lump, essentially back-to-back, and I can't remember precisely what belonged to each book - so I'm reviewing them as one. And I'm posting it on the first book, because that's where you'd go to consider reading the subseries.

The Erin Hunters have done well for themselves, haven't they? I've been reading these books for a long time, and there was something awfully comforting and nostalgic about reading through these. It's the same, and yet different. It wa
Eleanor Scarlata
Warriors: The Sun Trail is a tale of a group of mountain cats who travel great distances in the hopes of finding a new, more suitable home for themselves and future generations. The plot focuses primarily on two littermates, Gray Wing and Clear Sky, their younger brother, Jagged Peak, and how their relationship gradually deteriorates as everything they once new changes for good. Heavy losses wear down the cats' morale, but they continue to adapt and strive to make the forest territory feel like ...more
Kathy Filardo
Jan 31, 2017 Kathy Filardo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book reminded me of the Midnight one where the Clans search for a new home, only this time it was the mountain cats doing so. Funny how things keep repeating themselves. I almost wished the cats would have come from some other place altogether.

You kind of see the beginning of the Clans here with Clear Sky's attempts to form a group of cats, but problems because there is no codified warrior code and Clear Sky is a bit of a proud stiff treating his brothers and his small son the way he does.
Who thinks she's over-doing it? 30 42 Nov 06, 2014 06:03PM
Favorite character in The Sun Trail 16 20 Jun 22, 2014 06:48AM
So...The Clan cats are part Tribe?? 15 22 Dec 13, 2013 04:51PM
Poor quiet rain I wonder if she will ever see her kits again 3 7 Dec 11, 2013 03:41PM
  • Star Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #6)
  • The Tygrine Cat
  • Claws
  • Varjak Paw  (Varjak Paw #1)
  • Ratha and Thistle-Chaser (The Named, #3)
  • Circle of Heroes (The Familiars, #3)
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Guardian Cats and the Lost Books of Alexandria
  • The Brightest Night (Wings of Fire, #5)
  • Sword Quest (Swordbird, #0)
  • The Legend of Thunderfoot
  • The Wild Road (The Wild Road, #1)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Phillips, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Survivors.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As
More about Erin Hunter...

Warriors: Dawn of the Clans (6 books)
  • Thunder Rising (Warriors: Dawn of the Clans, #2)
  • The First Battle (Warriors: Dawn of the Clans, #3)
  • The Blazing Star (Warriors: Dawn of the Clans, #4)
  • A Forest Divided (Warriors: Dawn of the Clans, #5)
  • Path of Stars (Warriors: Dawn of the Clans, #6)

“I believe in my heart that the other place is waiting for those of you who are brave enough to make the journey,” 7 likes
“Dreams? What’s the point of that?” 2 likes