Start by marking “Their Promise” as Want to Read:
Their Promise

Their Promise

4.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  55 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
One moment can change your life.
One moment to lose it.
Paperback, First Edition
Published August 27th 2012 by Laurelis Press (first published August 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Their Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Their Promise

Tess
Aug 26, 2012 Tess rated it it was amazing
Coming August 27th...review to come soon!

*******************************************************************

Review:
Okay so this will be a fairly short review because it's a short book ALSO because most things I want to say about it is COMPLETELY spoilery! Chase and Hannah are the cutest couple ever! He is everything a girl would want in a boyfriend. He is protective, attentive, and loyal. I loved the strong bond that they shared.

This book comes with a warning label: Tissues will be needed! This
Robert Zimmermann
Aug 29, 2012 Robert Zimmermann rated it really liked it
It’s not often that a book has a description as short as this book does. It’s just three sentences, but those sentences tell so much. The description sums up a key moment in the book, but there is also so much more before and after that moment that adds to the readers enjoyment.

This novella was recommended to me by another great author of contemporary YA and I’m glad I didn’t hesitate to buy it. I started it in the morning and had to force myself to put it down every now and then to get “real wo
Nayab
Aug 29, 2012 Nayab rated it it was amazing
Michele Miller
So I'm not usually a reader of novellas or short stories because I always want more story. However, I made an exception for the fabulous Brina Courtney and I am glad I did.

Their Promise is a YA contemporary romance centering around Hannah and Chase who have found 'true love' while she is still a senior in high school. While planning for the future (college and jobs) a life altering event takes place that will have you crying like a Hallmark commercial for 50% of this story. This story hit home w
Beth Lehman
Aug 26, 2012 Beth Lehman rated it it was amazing
Brittany
Feb 19, 2013 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Never has a book made me cry and never have I given a book 5 stars.

First I'll like to thank the author for giving me the opportunity to have a free ecopy in exchange for a review.
Their Promise focuses around Hannah and Chase who have found 'true love' while still only in High school. While sorting out there futures together a life changing event occurs. I heard that this book made you cry and my first thought was 'Oh no' not another one. I've heard it plenty of times before and I never actually
Rashmika
Sep 16, 2012 Rashmika rated it really liked it
Its a very short and sweet story.

I liked it a lot and totally fell in love with the characters of Hannah and Chase.This book tells you the love story of Hannah and Chase. It gets you emotional and gives you the glimpse of feelings a person goes through when that person loses the true love.

Its a must read for all the lovers of romantic stories.
Delphina
Aug 29, 2012 Delphina rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Beautiful and honest!

This book really moved me. I am still processing all of the emotions I felt while reading it. It is not often that a book impacts me the way this one did. I think it is because I just really connected with the characters. She really captured young true love.
Tiffany Holme
Aug 24, 2012 Tiffany Holme rated it it was amazing
Review to come... If I could give it more than 5 stars I would!
Amanda
Aug 19, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Review to come to LIO soon!
Stina Rubio
Sep 12, 2012 Stina Rubio rated it liked it
SYNPOSIS: One moment can change your life.
One moment to lose it.

REVIEW: Alright this book was not horrible. But it also wasn't great. I hate reading things that make me sad. I didn't know how to review this book and I still am having trouble. This book made me feel real emotions, so real at times it was hard for me to breathe. The author know how to connect your emotions to her writing. Which is super impressive. How do I go on with out spoilers. Ok let me explain this bo
Michelle
Aug 20, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it
I have been a Brina Courtney fan ever since I read the first Chapter of reveal ( #1 in the Crypid tales series ), and then wanted to bow at her feet when I finished Capture. So it's no surprise that I was jumping on the bandwagon to check out her first YA contemporary!

Now.. I am not a contemporary fan to be honest. Mostly just because... well it's too.. real! I tend to be an emotional person and get really sucked into the stories and end up far too attached.

BUT this was Brina's writing and I
Yaz
Sep 04, 2012 Yaz rated it it was amazing
I have been wondering what can I possible say about this story that will be helpful for other readers, and the only thing that comes to mind is to say is READ IT. I am sure this story will touch everyone in a different way, because well... we are all different, but I can guarantee that it will be a story easy to relate to.

I have to admit this book made me cry several times (tear-Jerker story for sure). I had to take breaks often because it just was so touching, so real. It is very easy to relat
Preet
Dec 30, 2012 Preet rated it really liked it
I know I've read a great novelette when I can care so much about the characters in the story in a really short amount of time. Brina Courtney did this and then some.

I'm usually hesitant to read short stories because I feel like I can't connect to characters, but I had no problem while reading Their Promise. Chase was a guy I just wanted to hug. I loved that he was a guy that voiced feelings and loved his interactions with people. I'm not really sure how it was possible to show so many emotions w
Jess
Dec 21, 2012 Jess rated it really liked it
One moment can change your life.
One moment to lose it

I'm not usually one to read novellas, I mostly want the story to last a little longer and it's strange for a book, even a short one, to have such a clipped description but for "Their Promise" the short sentences hit right home.

I would like to thank the author for giving me the story for free in exchange for a review. It was totally worth it.

Their Promise is a heartfelt story of two teenagers who found love in a seemingl
Mary
Nov 01, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing
I have been a friend of Brina Courtney's Facebook page. It's sad to say that I had not read any of her books (I KNOW BAD BOOK NERD). However, I was able to get time and read this book. OMG! Let me tell you about this book:

It is a very quick read because it is a short story. However, I normally don't read a lot of short stories because I feel you never get enough out of them. WELL, Brina Courtney throw that theory of mine into the water! I LOVED THIS STORY!

The story is about Hannah and Chase. Th
Carrie
WOW! I love it when I find a book that just reaches in and rips the emotions right out of you. I had read other reviews where people said the cried thru half the story. Well I've heard that before about other books. Once in awhile it holds true, most often it does not. This time it was true. I found myself tearing up, weeping and outright sobbing during this book. Typically with young adult and many times with adult romance books, we get carbon copy happily ever after stories not that there is a ...more
D.
Sep 13, 2012 D. rated it really liked it
When we first meet Hannah, she's remembering the time that she damaged her sister's really expensive designer bracelet. Lots of brand names are thrown out and expensive price tags; I did not want to finish reading the book. But I took it for what it was and kept going, partly because I love YA fiction and partly because I signed up for it. ;)

Chase, despite his name, changed my opinion of the book. I liked his background and found it far more relate-able and his relationship with Hannah also cau
Christina M Condy
Okay I started this book and 20 minutes later I was in tears. I don't want to go into ANY details what-so-ever and spoil this book for anyone.

What I will say is that Chase is the most adorable boy I've ever had the pleasure of reading about. Hannah is a beautiful young woman. And what happens to them is the stuff of nightmares.

I highly recommend this book to ANYONE who wishes a short read. And who wants a good cry.

Details/Disclaimer: Review copy was provided to me in exchange for a fair and hon
Melissa Pearl
Apr 24, 2013 Melissa Pearl rated it really liked it
This is a very sweet and heart wrenching tale. Dealing with some of these deeper issues can be really tricky, but I think Brina Courtney does it with grace.

I found the romance very sweet, almost a little too sweet at times. Hannah's processing of the tragedy was very real. I loved her strength, but also the fact that she fell apart like any of us would. I think Brina Courtney did this really well.

If you like stories that deal with real life issues then this is worth checking out :)

3.5 stars fro
Cristina
Their Promise was given to me for free in exchange for an honest review via Paranormal Lovers Group.

Their Promise is a sweet short story. The description leaves much to the imagination and I had no real idea of what this book was about. I won't go into it because I don't want to ruin it for anyone. I didn't think I'd cry because it was so short, I didn't think I'd connect with the character's pain; but surprisingly, I did. Very well written. Only gave it 3 stars, but it was more like 3.5 stars.
Jenny
Sep 06, 2012 Jenny rated it really liked it
I though this novella was a great look into young love and how powerful it can be. Young people are often told because they are young thatthey don't know what love is. In all honesty I believe the opposite is true. They know real love because young love is uncomplicated and not usually messy. Wish it had been a bit longer with more time to get to know Hannah and Chase.
April Alvey
Sep 07, 2012 April Alvey rated it it was amazing
ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW THIS BOOK WAS REALLY AMAZING. I AM HAVING A HARD TIME WRITING A REVIEW FOR IT BECAUSE ITS THAT GOOD. ALL I CAN SAY IS READ THIS BOOK IT WILL AMAZE YOU AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND. I LOVED EVERY MINUTE EVERY SECOND EVERY CHAPTER EVER PAGE EVERY WORD OF THIS BOOK.
Melissa
Sep 04, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this. It was short and a quick read. For a novella it was deep and emotional, but I think the author did it justice!
Sheena
Aug 30, 2012 Sheena rated it liked it
Depressing!!!
Makayla
Makayla marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Frances Jean Lewis
Frances Jean Lewis marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Stefanie
Stefanie marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Lovers of Paranor...: R2R {43} Their Promise- a Novella- FULL (Our Avg 4.6*) 33 64 Sep 16, 2012 09:37PM
  • Torn (Torn #1)
  • Spooked
  • Awaken (Daughters of the Sea, #2)
  • Glitter Kiss
  • Angel's Kiss
  • The Lost Dragon (Dragon Hunters, #1)
  • When Angels Fall
  • Embrace (Kane Wolves, #2)
  • Where There's A Will (Good Girl Series #2)
  • Alchemy (Mercian Trilogy, #2)
  • The Kure
  • Anomaly (The New Haven Project, #1)
  • Parallel Spirits
  • Avenge (Patronus #2)
  • The Revenge of Praying Mantis (Hattori Hachi, #1)
  • Keepsake
  • None of the Regular Rules
  • Refuge
Brina Courtney is a young adult author obsessed with chocolate, crime shows, and fantasy movies. She's spent the last few years as an elementary teacher and a high school cheering coach. She lives in a small town in Pennsylvania with her husband and two very loud, small dogs.

More about Brina Courtney...