Start by marking “The Eggnog Chronicles” as Want to Read:
The Eggnog Chronicles

The Eggnog Chronicles

2.96 of 5 stars 2.96  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  25 reviews
As the celeb obituary writer for the New York Herald, Jane Conner can sum up a person's life in three hundred words. She could sum up her love life in even less: Great sex = great time. Commitment = annoyance overload. Maybe it has something to do with being "overly critical," as her boss, the short-sighted idiot, put it. Being "discerning" has at least kept Jane from maki ...more
Published October 1st 2004 by Kensington (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Eggnog Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eggnog Chronicles

Katie
This book is actually three stories woven into one. Each section follows a different character, but all of the characters are friends and make appearances in the stories of the other 2. I really liked this style. I expected the book to be light chick lit. It was actually a bit deeper while still being a fun read. I found the characters to be relatable and interesting. For the most part they were likable though I found Emma to be a bit whiny and melodramatic at times. I really liked the author's ...more
Jessi
I really didn't love this book, when all was said and done. I felt like it was a combo of 3 other chick lit story lines I've probably heard before. Cute, and it was a quick read, I had it done in 2 days. But, not something I'd run out and buy if you are going to read it. Hit the library for it!
Antof9
A charming little piece of lighthearted chick lit only slightly spoiled by the totally unnecessary and very descriptive sex scenes in each of the three vignettes.

This book is about 3 women -- 2 sisters and a great friend. The sisters, Ricki and Jane, lost both parents -- first their dad to a heart attack, and then their mom to cancer.

The relationship between the sisters is just beautiful. I love the description when Jane calls to give Ricki some upsetting news
"Oh, Janey. . . ." Her voice was fra
Lea
Dec 07, 2013 Lea rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of holiday stories
This is a quick read, if you have time to dedicate to reading it - I was reading it in the midst of some holiday madness so it took a few days.
I really loved the writing in this book. I found myself writing down quotes from it quite often. I am not sure this is really romance, the focus is more on the women's lives with men as a background piece. I loved Jane's story, a celebrity obit writer trying to find herself and her place in the newspaper world. Ricki's story, a year after Jane's, is full
Sharal Hunter
I really enjoyed this story that is actually three stories in one. Each story features a different central character each facing a very difficult situation. I really liked that even though each story is uniquely different, they all flow together.

Each character, Jane, Rikki and Emma are all desperately in need of a Christmas miracle and I loved how each character faces their dilemma head on.

Readers looking for the perfect Christmas theme book will enjoy this story that brings the magic and joy of
Erica
I've read some of the other reviews. I think people are too damn harsh. It's a pleasant little Christmas read. Ultimately in the end each character gets their Christmas wish come true. Isn't that, in reality, what everyone really wants?? Lighten up Scroogie bitches... It's a nice little Christmas story and a fun little read.
Mary Jane
Better than most of the trite Christmas books. There were some meaningful nuggets-how Jane dealt with her demise and Randy's comment that it isn't our job as parents to give our kids everything they want but rather to give them what they need. I was hoping for the eggnog recipe that filtered its way through the book.
Cris
Don't bother. The book is divided into three parts, for each one of three friends. Only one of the characters is likable, the other two are just silly women who keep getting strung along by a-hole men. And each story ends before there's really a conclusion so it's more like three short stories with bad endings.
Charity
A great holiday novel set from the point-of-views of three heroines, Jane, Ricki, and Emma, who are all connected. Their stories are told in an almost short story form which allows enough time to get to know each character without the confusion of figuring out whose point-of-view you are reading.
Tara
Not worthy of the pages it is printed on. This book does not deserve to live. Absolute shite. Got to about page 30 and I could not go on. Would have thrown it out, yes, thrown it out, but did not want to pay for the library fine.

Characters were stick figures obsessed with shoes.
Siobhan
I was actually surprised that I enjoyed the stories up until the end of each. The endings seemed rushed and cliched. I wasn't expecting too much from this book, but it was entertaining and got me into the Christmas spirit, which is what I wanted!
Eli
Each of the 3 sections focuses on a different character & story, yet they are entwined. I didn't really like Jane or Emma, so that leaves Ricki & the middle section for entertainment.
Turtlegirl00
This is entertaining,quick easy reading. It is predictable-yet humorous and offers a good perspective on the holidays! Glad to have read it as they are rapidly approaching!
casey
Anyone who wants to read a book about Christmas that would life your spirits... this is it. This is a very funny book about a couple of friends and sibblings.
April
Took a long time to get into the book. Slow read until the end. A story about a woman and finding herself and what she really needs to be happy.
Jocelyn Montalvo Cullum
Jul 26, 2014 Jocelyn Montalvo Cullum marked it as not-my-type
Shelves: gave-up-on
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Kelly Evans
Okay book but certainly nothing special. There are 3 different perspectives that the story is told from. I only really enjoyed one of them.
Anissa
funny and worth the read, but more like three short stories. Not melded together well at all. Left me wanting more details.
Alyson
The usual, mindless, read-for-fun novel when you don't want to think, yet be entertained at the same time.
Dona
Chick lit at its weakest ..... If you have a few hours to spend with nothing better to do go for it!
Genevieve Boarman
Jul 04, 2007 Genevieve Boarman rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: poolside readers
This is a light, fun book perfectly fit for vacation. Nothing intellectual, just good girly reading.
Melissa
Silly fluff chick lit kinda book, but was slightly entertaining.
Paula
Very fun, short, book to read around the holidays!
Elizabeth
Not awful, but I can't say much more than that.
Sharon Richards
Sharon Richards marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Megan Ruelke
Megan Ruelke marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
J Leiker
J Leiker marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Snow Angels
  • Home For The Holidays
  • Must Love Mistletoe (Holidays, #1)
  • Twas the Night
  • The Ex Files
  • The Last Year Of Being Married (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • This Christmas
  • Frost Bites (Edgar & Ellen Nodyssey, #2)
  • Season for Miracles (Bethlehem, #1)
  • A Reason to Believe: Lessons from an Improbable Life
  • Love on Main Street
  • Dashing Through the Mall: Santa, Baby/Assignment Humbug/Deck the Halls
  • Kidnapped: His Innocent Mistress
  • The Protectors Christmas Box Set
  • Soldier's Christmas (Conard County #16, Wingman Warriors #8)
  • A New Lu
  • Nodame Cantabile, Vol. 13 (Nodame Cantabile, #13)
  • Like a Thorn
Ghosts of Boyfriends Past The Secret Life of Mrs. Claus Wer küsst schon einen Weihnachtsmann? Sex And The Single Witch