Start by marking “The Eggnog Chronicles” as Want to Read:
The Eggnog Chronicles

The Eggnog Chronicles

As the celeb obituary writer for the New York Herald, Jane Conner can sum up a person's life in three hundred words. She could sum up her love life in even less: Great sex = great time. Commitment = annoyance overload. Maybe it has something to do with being "overly critical," as her boss, the short-sighted idiot, put it. Being "discerning" has at least kept Jane from maki ...more
Published October 1st 2004 by Kensington (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Eggnog Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eggnog Chronicles

Dec 28, 2008 Katie rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
This book is actually three stories woven into one. Each section follows a different character, but all of the characters are friends and make appearances in the stories of the other 2. I really liked this style. I expected the book to be light chick lit. It was actually a bit deeper while still being a fun read. I found the characters to be relatable and interesting. For the most part they were likable though I found Emma to be a bit whiny and melodramatic at times. I really liked the author's ...more
Dec 07, 2008 Jessi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really didn't love this book, when all was said and done. I felt like it was a combo of 3 other chick lit story lines I've probably heard before. Cute, and it was a quick read, I had it done in 2 days. But, not something I'd run out and buy if you are going to read it. Hit the library for it!
A charming little piece of lighthearted chick lit only slightly spoiled by the totally unnecessary and very descriptive sex scenes in each of the three vignettes.

This book is about 3 women -- 2 sisters and a great friend. The sisters, Ricki and Jane, lost both parents -- first their dad to a heart attack, and then their mom to cancer.

The relationship between the sisters is just beautiful. I love the description when Jane calls to give Ricki some upsetting news
"Oh, Janey. . . ." Her voice was fra
Dec 07, 2013 Lea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of holiday stories
This is a quick read, if you have time to dedicate to reading it - I was reading it in the midst of some holiday madness so it took a few days.
I really loved the writing in this book. I found myself writing down quotes from it quite often. I am not sure this is really romance, the focus is more on the women's lives with men as a background piece. I loved Jane's story, a celebrity obit writer trying to find herself and her place in the newspaper world. Ricki's story, a year after Jane's, is full
Sherri Hunter
I really enjoyed this story that is actually three stories in one. Each story features a different central character each facing a very difficult situation. I really liked that even though each story is uniquely different, they all flow together.

Each character, Jane, Rikki and Emma are all desperately in need of a Christmas miracle and I loved how each character faces their dilemma head on.

Readers looking for the perfect Christmas theme book will enjoy this story that brings the magic and joy of
Dec 24, 2012 Erica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read some of the other reviews. I think people are too damn harsh. It's a pleasant little Christmas read. Ultimately in the end each character gets their Christmas wish come true. Isn't that, in reality, what everyone really wants?? Lighten up Scroogie bitches... It's a nice little Christmas story and a fun little read.
Mary Jane
Dec 14, 2013 Mary Jane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wcplebook
Better than most of the trite Christmas books. There were some meaningful nuggets-how Jane dealt with her demise and Randy's comment that it isn't our job as parents to give our kids everything they want but rather to give them what they need. I was hoping for the eggnog recipe that filtered its way through the book.
Dec 21, 2011 Cris rated it it was ok
Don't bother. The book is divided into three parts, for each one of three friends. Only one of the characters is likable, the other two are just silly women who keep getting strung along by a-hole men. And each story ends before there's really a conclusion so it's more like three short stories with bad endings.
Jun 13, 2007 Charity rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great holiday novel set from the point-of-views of three heroines, Jane, Ricki, and Emma, who are all connected. Their stories are told in an almost short story form which allows enough time to get to know each character without the confusion of figuring out whose point-of-view you are reading.
Jan 02, 2011 Tara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
Not worthy of the pages it is printed on. This book does not deserve to live. Absolute shite. Got to about page 30 and I could not go on. Would have thrown it out, yes, thrown it out, but did not want to pay for the library fine.

Characters were stick figures obsessed with shoes.
Jan 14, 2010 Siobhan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was actually surprised that I enjoyed the stories up until the end of each. The endings seemed rushed and cliched. I wasn't expecting too much from this book, but it was entertaining and got me into the Christmas spirit, which is what I wanted!
Nov 28, 2012 Eli rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, 2012
Each of the 3 sections focuses on a different character & story, yet they are entwined. I didn't really like Jane or Emma, so that leaves Ricki & the middle section for entertainment.
This is entertaining,quick easy reading. It is predictable-yet humorous and offers a good perspective on the holidays! Glad to have read it as they are rapidly approaching!
May 11, 2007 casey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anyone who wants to read a book about Christmas that would life your spirits... this is it. This is a very funny book about a couple of friends and sibblings.
Nov 13, 2010 April rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: enjoyed
Took a long time to get into the book. Slow read until the end. A story about a woman and finding herself and what she really needs to be happy.
Kelly Evans
Okay book but certainly nothing special. There are 3 different perspectives that the story is told from. I only really enjoyed one of them.
Jun 05, 2011 Anissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
funny and worth the read, but more like three short stories. Not melded together well at all. Left me wanting more details.
Aug 03, 2011 Alyson rated it liked it
The usual, mindless, read-for-fun novel when you don't want to think, yet be entertained at the same time.
Jan 16, 2013 Dona rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Chick lit at its weakest ..... If you have a few hours to spend with nothing better to do go for it!
Genevieve Boarman
Jul 04, 2007 Genevieve Boarman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: poolside readers
This is a light, fun book perfectly fit for vacation. Nothing intellectual, just good girly reading.
Silly fluff chick lit kinda book, but was slightly entertaining.
May 15, 2007 Paula rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very fun, short, book to read around the holidays!
Not awful, but I can't say much more than that.
Cleo marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2016
Tracijomuir marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2016
Lisa marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Deb rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2016
Mary Aris
Mary Aris is currently reading it
Aug 16, 2016
  • Snow Angels
  • Home For The Holidays (Kismet, Michigan #1)
  • Must Love Mistletoe (Holidays, #1)
  • Twas the Night
  • Dashing Through the Mall: Santa, Baby/Assignment Humbug/Deck the Halls
  • Roommates
  • A New Lu
  • Miss Bubbles Steals the Show
  • Sylvia and Ted
  • In the Space Left Behind
  • Frost Bites (Edgar & Ellen Nodyssey, #2)
  • The Protectors Christmas Box Set
  • Like a Thorn
  • Tenderwire
  • Love Remains
  • Everything She Wants (The 310, #2)
  • A Soldier's Christmas (Conard County #16, Wingman Warriors #8)
  • High Heels and Holidays (Maggie Kelly Mystery, #5)