Inamorata

Inamorata

4.65 of 5 stars 4.65  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Sequel to Paramour

After twenty-five years of cooling his jets in a wall sconce, Frank DeLuca figured the afterlife owed him a break. Hadn’t he been a model ghost? He didn’t possess little kids, screw up the television reception, or throw random objects across the room just to get attention. Hell, he never even made creepy noises in the dead of night.

All he asked was a pe...more
Paperback, Paperback, 290 pages
Published June 3rd 2012 by Turquoise Morning Press

Rie Warren

This book by the brilliant and lovely Margaret Ethridge has me by the balls. First of all, Frank hot-as-hell DeLuca...dayumn. A big muscly man with a mohawk, a former mechanic/grease monkey who's now a ghost stuck in a wall sconce waiting for just one flip of the switch so he can get out. Until the lights go out again. Of course when he gets out--after years of being stuck inside his own personal purgatory--who does he meet? A fellow, brand new, spitfire specter who touches him in ways he's neve...more
Julie Doner
The opening chapter of Inamorata blew me away. The intensity and utter terror evoked by the scene had me in tears. Inamorata focuses on the lives (and afterlives) of three couples: Cam and Brad, Frank and Gina, and Nick and Elise. I think I flip-flopped at least a dozen times throughout as to which couple I adored the most. There are bits and pieces of every character that I connected with because they seem so real they inspire a visceral reaction. The dialogue, the banter, and the tempo was top...more
Michelle Kelly
An emotional feeling book.

I was in the mood for a totally different type of romance novel to read and Inamorata completely did the trick!

Inamorata is a sequel to the first book, Paramour. You could read Inamorata as a stand alone but there is a lot of of time shared in this book with the previous main protagonists, Cam & Brad. You would not be lost but I think you'd get more understanding about our hunky light fixture ghost, Frank.

The first two chap...more
Renee Vincent
This book by Ms. Ethridge left me in utter amazement. I was thrilled by the surprise ending and how the author was able to bind these two unlikely "ghosts" together in a single past moment that completely made sense!

I'd fallen head over heals for the ghost, Francis DeLuca, trapped in a wall sconce from the first book, PARANORMAL. And who would have thought I'd fall madly in love with him again in INAMORATA.

This book (and the muscled, mohawk-sporting, tortured-hero-type ghost) is still with me......more
Carol
Don't know why I thought this book would be sad, just because the two main characters are...well, you know...dead. But it was a great love story on multiple layers, warm and loving and redemptive. Not a creepy read in the least, not with the ghosts of Frank and Gina finding out that death is puny thing when love is on the line. It was a treat to catch up with all of the characters first introduced in Paramour, and I sincerely hope that another sequel will be along eventually, because this instal...more
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Stephanie O.
Book provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

This book is a sequel. The first book (Paramour) leaves you a little breathless and quite possibly searching for your very own Frank.

For book two, we fast forward into the future a little bit. Things have done a little changing. A new family has moved in, and taking up residence in “his” room is a whiny little boy.

That’s not all . . . the little boy comes with some baggage. Baggage that...more
Karen Booth
Inamorata has everything you could ever want--suspense, humor, romance, heartbreak, and heat. Per Margaret Ethridge's usual stunning writing, every word packs a punch and no sense is forgotten. You feel every minute of the story and what is happening to these characters. I will say that you could certainly read this book without having read the prequel, Paramour, but I wouldn't deprive yourself of the experience. Read them back to back!
Very fun. Very sweet. With an ending that was exactly what you'd hope for but aren't entirely sure you'll get until the very end. Supernatural romance for grown-ups.
Sharon Buchbinder
A ghost trapped in a wall sconce gets a second chance to watch over a child--except he didn't expect the baby to come with a an ass kicking ghost mother. Can these two spirits get along long enough to realize they both want the same things? A heart felt and haunting tale of a mother's love and a man whose integrity went with him to the grave.
Heather Mckenna
First, I have to say read the first book before reading this one. It visits on past characters and I did not realize so I was a little lost at first. :-)

I really enjoyed this book and I keep turning my lights off and on hoping a hot guy will pop out of on. It has not happened though. :-(
Roxie
Oh, how I loved this book. I think I loved it more than the first one. Margaret is the queen of super-hot love scenes and this book doesn't disappoint. But I've also been reading her fan fiction for years and I didn't know she had a mystery writer hiding in her as well! Well done Mags!!
My only regret in reading this book is that I started so late in the evening. It was a fun trip to 2am, but I was tired the next day from reading straight through to the end!
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
JLC
JLC marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Laurie
Laurie added it
May 23, 2013
Charli Denae
Charli Denae marked it as to-read
May 17, 2013
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
May 10, 2013
Trent's Bookshelf
Trent's Bookshelf marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2013
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Melissa Ecker
Melissa Ecker marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2013
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2012
Loni Lynne
Loni Lynne marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Margaret Ethridge lives with a sweet-talking Southern gentleman who claims to be her lawfully-wedded husband. She is the (not-so-wicked-but-she-has-her-moments) step-mother to their two children, the adoring mistress of three spoiled dogs, the food purveyor to eleven hungry goldfish, and the comic foil for one rather impertinent house rabbit who thinks he rules the roost.

More about Margaret Ethridge...
Commitment Contentment (After Happily Ever) Paramour Summer Shorts Spring Chickens

“Here, I can breathe," he murmured. "As long as I can hold you and you keep holding on to me, I can breathe.” 0 likes