Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the New Mom's Soul: Touching Stories about the Miracles of Motherhood” as Want to Read:

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  138 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Chicken Soup for the New Mom’s Soul is a collection of stories from the hearts of mothers, old and new, about the most amazing and profound experience in a woman’s life—the birth of her first child. It’s a time of fear, excitement, and exhilaration. Inside this book, you’ll read about the unique love, the unbreakable bond, and unforgettable moments between mother and child ...more
Published August 7th 2012 by Chicken Soup for the Soul (first published March 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the New Mom's Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the New Mom's Soul

Ayat
Dec 27, 2014 Ayat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-english
الكتاب ده يعد من أعظم الكتب اللي قريتها في يوم، ساعدني نفسيا بطريقة كبيرة، وأعتقد إني عمري ما هاملّ منه، أمهات حقيقية بتحكي عن مشاعر ولحظات حقيقية، بطريقة تلمّس جدا مع كل من مرت بتجربة مشابهة وهي "تجربة الأمومة" ، أنا عادة مش باعرف اقرا بالإنجليزي، الكتاب ده كان استثناء، قعدت اقرا فيه كتير جدا، لإني لما حسيت إني قربت اخلصه بسرعة حسيت إنه لأ عايزاه يفضل معايا بشكل أطول.

أنا هافضل ممتنة للكتاب ده بشكل كبير جدا، وبانصح بيه كل أم لسة والدة قريب ومحتاجة الحضن والتفهم اللي مش لقياهم حواليها.

لقيت الريفي
Marlina Withrain
Awesome book. After read this book I realize that it's not that easy to become a mother. The tips in this book may help us preparing ourself to become a mother.
After read this book I really want to be a mother. Having someone to whom I will give my unconditional love and my chest will be my son/daughter they can cry on.
Michaela Duquette
I thought this was a really cute book! I shed more than a few tears while reading it. Definitely would recommend to any new mom.
Rachel
Oct 02, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In keeping with the Chicken Soup series this book is filled with heart warming tales about the experiences found when becoming a mom.
Rachel Mielke
Feb 11, 2015 Rachel Mielke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book made for great reading while I was rocking my daughter at nap time.
Eka Situmorang-Sir
Jan 18, 2014 Eka Situmorang-Sir rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Some friends of mine said this book is just too much. An exaggerating version of everything. But when I read this book page by page, I found it gives me a new perspective and a little glitch of what a soon to be me mommy like me will face once the baby is born
Rosa
very inspiring...ngga nyangka ternyata menjadi ibu baru tak seindah yang dibayangkan. buku ini banyak memberikan saya gambaran akan seorang new mom. memang ikhlas adalah segalanya. banyak cerita sedih dan gembira, tapi pada intinya, menjadi seorang new mom berarti mencurahkan kasih sayang dan segalanya
Apr 15, 2009 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: baby
This was a cute book for a new mom or pregnant woman when you don't have much time to really sit down and read, so it took me awhile to finish only because I was reading 2 or 3 stories at a time, in the middle of a hectic schedule. I enjoyed many of the stories and of course they were uplifting.
Victoria
Jan 13, 2014 Victoria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was really nice
Brittany Perry
Apr 07, 2013 Brittany Perry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the chicken soup series and this addition was no different. I loved it with all my heart I think it is an amazing book that would be a great baby shower gift. The inspiration just makes me want to hold my son and kiss his toes all day long.
♥☆~Lakshmi
Feb 05, 2009 ♥☆~Lakshmi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I learned lot of things from it and the best things in your life are there in this books.Its not actually what you think about chicken but its about things your life.Its fun to read + many wonderful storied are there too!
Melanie
Mar 11, 2009 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I read this book when I returned to work and was pumping in the staff bathroom several times a day. It was very upliftining and encouraging especially to know that you are not alone in the adventure of motherhood.
Kori
Jul 05, 2008 Kori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This collection of stories is very touching and sometime humorous. Easy to read as each story is a page or 3 long. I only cried 3 times while reading it. Not bad considering the pregnancy hormones or in full force.
K Loh-Crouch
I recently received this as a gift and read a little bit everyday. It brought alot of tears to my eyes--as I am quite emotional these pregnancy days. I especially liked the husband section!
Jenelle Campbell
Feb 12, 2009 Jenelle Campbell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book for a tired mom that needs some uplifting stories about the joyful side of motherhood. Garaunteed to bring a few tears to your eyes.
Louie
Aug 08, 2011 Louie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this book. It made u choke & laugh altogether. definitely a good read for mom-to-be & mothers out there. Very uplifting.
Michele
Sep 18, 2012 Michele rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
way too sappy for a hormonal pregnant lady or new mom. the three page stories were ideal for new mom attention span.
Eliza
May 22, 2009 Eliza rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the short stories and how honest people are about the pregnancy/labor/motherhood experience.
Sheri
Feb 20, 2008 Sheri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is wonderful but I recommend some tissues when you read it.
Leslie
Jan 15, 2013 Leslie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must-read! This will keep you going in those moments of doubt.
Abby
Apr 28, 2010 Abby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. It was very helpful to me.
Brittany
May 03, 2011 Brittany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A touching collection of short stories!
Sarah added it
Aug 18, 2016
Libna Boysan
Libna Boysan marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Payal Tushar
Payal Tushar marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Alysha
Alysha added it
Jul 28, 2016
Bridget
Bridget is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2016
Khushi
Khushi marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Sex Tips For Girls: Lust, Love, and Romance from the Lives of Single Women
  • Eternally Bad: Goddesses with Attitude
  • Tickle His Pickle!: Your Hands-On Guide to Penis Pleasing
  • The Bonds of Love: Psychoanalysis, Feminism, & the Problem of Domination
  • The Grandmother of Time: A Woman's Book of Celebrations, Spells, and Sacred Objects for Every Month of the Year
  • The Successful Child: What Parents Can Do to Help Kids Turn Out Well
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff with Your Family: Simple Ways to Keep Daily Responsibilities and Household Chaos from Taking Over Your Life
  • Who Stole Feminism?: How Women Have Betrayed Women
  • Kid Cooperation: How to Stop Yelling, Nagging, and Pleading and Get Kids to Cooperate
  • Sex Trafficking: The Global Market in Women and Children
  • Social Problems
  • Classical Sociological Theory
  • The Circular Study (Mr. Gryce #10)
  • The Cult of the Black Virgin
  • Moon Signs: The Key to Your Inner Life
  • Uncle John's True Crime: A Classic Collection of Crooks, Cops, and Capers
  • YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade
  • The Essential Kahlil Gibran

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...