Start by marking “Ten Tiny Things” as Want to Read:
Ten Tiny Things

Ten Tiny Things

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Tessa and Zachary have a machine that is swift and splendiferous. Every day, it carries them from here to there and back again in cool, calm comfort. But one morning, the machine breaks down. Tessa and Zachary are forced to venture into the world beyond its metal walls—a place filled with secrets and hidden happenings.
Published October 1st 2012 by Fremantle Press

To ask other readers questions about Ten Tiny Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Tiny Things

Jbaccon
Such a needed message about slowing down enough to appreciate the little things around us. After all, are not the little things what life is truly about? Is this mindfulness? It's good to be reminded we are part of the world ... not apart from it. Interesting illustrations ... beetle-like, insect-like ... a comment on human-kind as a social organism perhaps?
Samantha
I loved this book. My nearly-3-year-old daughter and I read it so many times she could recite most of the words. A lovely story, but also a wonderful inspiration to live life intentionally. Illustrations were wonderful too - very striking. We borrowed this from the library, but I liked it so much I will buy a copy.
Christine
The unique illustrations in this book are adorable! A sweet book with a wonderful reminder to slow down the pace of life so you don't miss all the beautiful things that might just be whizzing past you.
Tara Bateman
I thought this was a sweet book, about going out and experiencing the world while walking to school. Rather then just sitting in a machine (car) and watching the world fly by.
I thought the illustrations were great too.
Let's Move, Lincoln!
Let's Move, Lincoln! marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Katg
Katg marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Dimity Powell
Dimity Powell marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Jane
Jane added it
Aug 20, 2013
LJ
LJ marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2013
Shanshad Whelan
Shanshad Whelan marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2012
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2012
Meg McKinlay is a poet as well as a children's writer. She lives in Australia and divides her time between writing and teaching at the University of Western Australia.
More about Meg McKinlay...
No Bears Below Duck for a Day A Single Stone Definitely No Ducks