Start by marking “Gabriel's Rapture (Gabriel's Inferno, #2)” as Want to Read:
Gabriel's Rapture (Gabriel's Inferno, #2)

Gabriel's Rapture (Gabriel's Inferno #2)

4.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  92,070 Ratings  ·  3,324 Reviews
National bestselling author Sylvain Reynard continues the story of Gabriel and Julia, two lovers bound together by their darkest desires.

But those very desires may destroy them . . .

Professor Gabriel Emerson has embarked on a passionate, yet clandestine affair with his former student Julia Mitchell. Sequestered on a romantic holiday in Italy, he tutors her in the sensual
Published September 4th 2012 by Berkley (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Gabriel's Rapture, please sign up.

Sandy
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kolleen No, you HAVE to read Gabriel's Inferno first. It's the beginging of the journey and lays the foundation for book 2. Without reading it you won't be…moreNo, you HAVE to read Gabriel's Inferno first. It's the beginging of the journey and lays the foundation for book 2. Without reading it you won't be able to appreciate the relationship between Gabriel and Julia and what they are fighting for.(less)
Fated Truth by Tasha GwartneyShine Not Burn by Elle CaseyLick by Kylie ScottFalling into You by Jasinda WilderBullet by Jade C. Jamison
NEW Indie Books of 2013
107th out of 568 books — 1,036 voters
The Host by Stephenie MeyerUnder the Never Sky by Veronica RossiThe Fault in Our Stars by John GreenEclipse by Stephenie MeyerBreaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
World's best Romance
33rd out of 55 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristin (KC)
*4 Stars*

A very enjoyable sequel to one of my favorite romance stories!
Rapture is filled with the angst and longing between lovers who've been unfairly torn apart. Its storytelling is elegantly seductive and powerfully poetic. This series is a truly refreshing and classic representation of forbidden love in its sweetest state. Will review properly at a later date. For now...on to Redemption!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Book Stats:
Genre/Category: Contemporary Romance
Steam Caliber: Maximum and generous
Romance: Sweet, a
Christy
5 Sticky Leaf Stars!!!

photo 504b8f7b-d85e-47fd-8ed5-3faad993dfb8_zps7affc661.jpg
“She is not my equal; she is my better. She is my sticky little leaf.”
Just like the first book, this one was better the second time around! What is there not to love about Professor Gabriel Emerson??? Gabriel’s Rapture picks up right were Gabriel Inferno leaves off. Gabriel and Julia are happy, in Italy and in love. When they return back to Toronto, there are things that come up that make things much more difficult for the pair.

photo e330f941-4ed1-4648-9bcd-7af8eceab3a5_zps226e1c2f.jpg

Nothing can keep these two apart.

photo 37b82e02-e74b-4a50-b62b-6461ceb5562b_zps224984f0.jpg

So be
Lisa
May 27, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved
I am so glad that Mr. Reynard was nice enough to give me a copy of this a week before it’s release so I good devour it before going into the hospital. I waited for its release for months and let me tell you I was not one bit disappointed by it. I could write pages just on my favorite quotes; the writing is superb and extremely sexy without having to be erotic!

The book starts out the morning after their first love-making experience in Italy that occurred at the end of Gabriel’s Inferno. I loved t
Sylvia
Jul 01, 2012 Sylvia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 - I liked Julia much better this time around. :)
Lucia
May 28, 2012 Lucia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Julia and Gabriel:

Wow, Sylvain Reynard did not disappoint! This sequel is at least as good as Gabriel's Inferno. The book is full of thoughtful ideas about life, sin, forgiveness and love. In Gabriel's Rapture, the author connected love and sex in most beautiful way and the way he sees marriage is absolutely wonderful. The book has a very substantial effect on me. It made me cry and it made me think a lot about the life. I don't remember feeling such a strong compassion for main characters as
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo ReynardGabriels2TitebySueBee_zps041a4ad6.jpg
 photo Gabrielsbysb_zps3bdff9b8.gif
! Gabriel’s Rapture, book 2 of 3. Professor Gabriel Emerson’s courtly seduction of his chaste student Julia!

“You’re the closest thing to an angel I’ll ever touch.”

Books in Gabriel’s Inferno trilogy should be read in order:
Book 1: Gabriel’s Inferno
Book 2: Gabriel’s Rapture
Book 3: Gabriel’s Redemption

Rich on symbolism, depth, history and divine message the Gabriel’s Inferno trilogy is set against the backdrop of Dante’s Devine Comedy. The ingenuity of using Dante’s journey in professors Em
Pearl Angeli
description

"I wandered in the darkness looking for something better, something real. I found you, and I'll be damned if I'm going to lose you."

4 Stars!

The angst and drama in Gabriel's Rapture amazed me. In this sequel, we get to experience Gabriel and Julia's relationship in a much deeper level. The book picked up where Gabriel's Inferno left off. Everything seemed perfect when it comes to Gabriel and Julia's relationship but unexpected situations suddenly came out which led their relationship to a d
Jill
May 31, 2012 Jill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was the joy that the world sought - sacred and pagan all at once. A union between two dissimilars into a seamless one.

Julianne and Gabriel are together at last. Holidaying in Italy, Gabriel is lovingly guiding Julianne into the pleasures and intimacies of a sexual relationship. She proves an apt student. But with their return to the university, both Gabriel and Julianne are caught up in the administration's investigations into misconduct and inappropriate behaviour between staff and student
Aly is so frigging bored
Buddy read with Maru

Gave up at the 30% mark. Review for books 1 and 2.
The 2*(actually 1.5*) are for the hotness on Gabriel(I am very shallow) and for the movie references

Rant starts here:
I can't keep reading this book, it's nicely written(just not for me) and researched but it smacks too much of a low budget soap-opera. He said-she said behavior are getting on my nerves and all those people conspiring to keep them apart or to break them up were too way over the top.

Gabriel really is a big A-hole
K
5 Sticky Little Leaf Stars!

“When you love something, you don't see its flaws.”

Quoting Julia here, my thoughts for this sequel can be summed up in just 6 short words: 'Professor Gabriel “Overprotective” Emerson strikes again'. Just like I said after finishing the first book, this one was better the second time around as well!

"Your love makes me beautiful."
"Then let me love you forever."

Gabriel’s Rapture picks up right where Gabriel's Inferno left off. Gabriel and Julia are happy, in Italy
Shurrn
Behold! A snarky review by a sorely disappointed reader...
Is this a curse of the sequel? Or is it possibly the product of an Author who was given an offer he couldn't refuse to produce a followup to an amazing book? I (still) love Gabriel's Inferno (you can read my review for that book HERE) but I am overwhelmingly disappointed by this follow up.

((Some Explicit Language... Be Warned...))

This was a re-read for me... That's right, I read it TWICE...
I don't remember being so dissatisfied with it w
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Gabriel and Julia are off to Italy thinking they can finally be alone and get away from everything but sadly it's a small world.

We get a lot of answers in this book which made me really happy. Surprisingly, we even get some chapters from Christa's POV and what her reasonings are. Unfortunately, we know where things are going with her.

And this leads to the huge drama that there was just no escaping. It was interesting how things were handled but I was surprised/not surprised at what Gabriel did.
Natalie
Feb 24, 2016 Natalie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Shelves: 3-stars
The Professor and his beautiful student's forbidden and dangerous love affair continues in this poetic and profound sequel to Gabriel's Inferno. It really is crazy how much I completely love and adore this series. I find myself wanting to re-read these two book at least once a year. I think that this time make it the fourth time in total I have devoured this book. I dont think I have re-read any book that many times. And every time, they get better. Crazy, I tell you. For me, Sylvian Reynord is ...more
Serendipitous
Aug 03, 2012 Serendipitous rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(Warning: Spoilers ahead!)

There’s a longstanding belief that sequels don’t live up to the original, “The Godfather Part II” notwithstanding. That makes it all the more pleasurable to read “Gabriel’s Rapture,” because the book disproves that axiom so thoroughly. It takes the superb groundwork set in the first book, “Gabriel’s Inferno,” and builds upon it to give the reader a rich and rewarding continuation of Gabriel and Julia’s story.

We meet up with the couple where we left them at the end of
Richa
Mar 16, 2013 Richa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you...

"I breathe you," he whispered. "You're everything. You're the air."

Could he be more romantic?

"I want to be your first and your last. I love you, Julianne. I offer you my heart and my life......Say you'll be mine. Forever."

Oh yes.....*ahem ahem* So yup, he can be.......

Gabriel's Inferno ended with Gabriel and Julia makin love for the first time. He introduces her to the pleasures of love making and she introduces him
Catarina
4 Passionate Stars!

description

In this second book Julia and Gabriel’s story continues, and this time they will have to fight everything.
Since people in their past that are decided to not let them be together to a “anonymous” complaint about their forbidden relationship that will put them both in trouble in their academic and professional life. This are not looking pretty for them.

description

But the most difficult thing they’ll have to overcome is themselves, their pasts and their ghosts.
And eventually… all that i
Lovmebaby1
Jan 14, 2013 Lovmebaby1 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

Horrible. Just horrible. I have a very high tolerance for fluffy books, predictable books, cheesy books etc. I only say this to stress what an easy book rater I am. In fact, I don't think I have given a book one star before. I rolled my eyes so much during this story I had to take medication for the pain.

Julia's naïveté and stupidity in this book overshadows any possible saving grace the story may have had. That paired with the constant attempts at *fishing for compliments* or constantly beatin
Z
Jun 14, 2012 Z rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I feel bad leaving a negative review as my first review, but this book annoyed be so much I had to get it out.

The only reason I finished the book was because I need to know the end of something once I have started it, no matter how bad it is. I found myself skipping loads after awhile, just to rush to the end so I could get it over and done with. I read both books together and the first one was by far better.

I couldnt get over the level of cheese in this book, if they werent having stupid figh
Amy (Foxy)
I read this book in August of 2012 and just re-read it in preparation for book 3 which will be released on December 3rd. It’s just as good the second time around. I love Gabriel's swoon worthy moments.
My Dearest Julianne,
Thank you for your immeasurable gift.
The only thing I have of value is my heart.
It’s yours,
Gabriel.

description
"I want to be your first and your last. I offer you my heart and my life."

December 3rd, I'm ready for you. BRING IT ON

SERIES:
Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno, #1) by Sylvain Reynard Gabriel's Rapture (Gabriel's Inferno, #2) by Sylvain Reynard Gabriel's Redemption (Gabriel's Inferno, #3) by Sylvain Reynard
No cliffhanger. Continuing story.

195th b
Morgan
May 22, 2012 Morgan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars, 5-stars

Gabriel's Rapture, the sequel to Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard, was absolutely brilliant. Written by an author with a fresh and passionate voice, Gabriel's Rapture was a beautiful, artistic novel that explores "suffering, sex, love, faith, and redemption". Gabriel's Inferno intertwined Julia and Gabriel's past with their present, but Gabriel's Rapture took things a step further and intertwined Julia and Gab
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Oct 08, 2012 Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: AMY J
Quick review:

Cover:Still Cute
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess Scorching
Overall: Better than the first by far.
Characters: Awesomeness
Plot: When you love someone, you let them go.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.???? (Series ender?)
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Gabriel

SUMMARY (60 words or less)

Gabriel showed us what love is and Julia grew a backbone. There was some predictability but I loved reading it all unfold. I read the first book back in Nov 11, so I didn’t remember much. Yet, as I re
Virginia
Book one started of slow, introduced the characters. Book two I couldnt put it down. It was drama after drama, I loved it. I think as far as "love" story goes this is the best so far. Professor Emerson is so in love with Julia you can feel the emotions. At the end of the book I was on cloud nine.. Really good book.
Emily ~Literary Gossip~
Intense, heart-breaking and emotional. Their love, compassion and trust is something people dream of achieving in life. This is a story that will forever be close to my heart.
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
3.75-4 Stars :)

My beautiful sticky little leaf...

Alright, as far as writing this review, I really don’t know what to say. I love Sylvain Reynard’s writing and totally in love with Gabriel’s Inferno. I love it, I love it, I love it. It’s one of my all-time favorite stories off all time. With that said, I had severely high expectations on the sequel and maybe that's why I didn’t love this sequel as much as I expected to. I liked it, but didn’t love it.

The obvious positive in this sequel is that w
Jamie

A BEAUTIFUL SENSUAL LOVE STORY....

[image error]
[image error]

Gabriel's Rapture if full of passion and all consuming love.. it picks up immediatly where Gabriel's Inferno ended.. In Rapture, both Gabriel and Julianne come to realize how much they truely mean to each other and the true depth of their all consuming love.. through new beginings, angsty seperation, sorrow, forgivness.. and the ultimate love.. This book was absolutely wonderful and I'm sorry to say goodbye to Professor Emerson.. *sigh*
Ruth
This was a re-read....again.. and I still LOVE it!!

I absolutely Loved book 2 of this series..I could NOT put it down...There is drama, heartache, romance, love,...All of it..It was a fantastic book 2...The thinking womans love story.
Delos
Jan 12, 2016 Delos rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Muy mal, muy mal, siento opinar así {no me gusta ser tan dura}, pero para mi: MUY MAL.
Me ha aburrido muchísimo.
Ella es totalmente insulsa. Un personaje totalmente plano. En varias ocasiones se comenta en el libro que tanto Gabriel como Julia han cambiado. No!!!!!! Son tan sosos y aburridos como al principio.
Gabriel. ¡Qué tío!. Pasa por todo en su vida, porque... ¿qué no le ha pasado a este hombre?... y a pesar de todo, sigue siendo igual de soso. ¡Con todo lo que se podría haber exprimido de u
Mirjam

“I’m yours,” he whispered. “And I feel the connection too. It’s what I needed. It’s what you deserve. When I touch you, when I look into your eyes, I see our history and our future.”

After finishing the first book I could not wait to start book 2 and I must say it was not disappointing. In this one Gabriel has to leave his beloved Julia and she feels very betrayed by him. SR succeeds in conveying the heartache and despair they both feel. Gabriel shows how is always looking out for his Beatrice an
Tina
Apr 08, 2013 Tina marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
"Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate!"

I want to start this review by saying a couple of things about Gabriel's Inferno. As I said in its review, the book was promising at the beginning. I kind of enjoyed the way the author build the story based on a very significant piece of world's literature, and was fascinated by the thorough research done by the author. But unfortunately, that's about all the positive stuff I can say about the book. So, the story in Gabriel's Rapture picks up right wher
Amanda
May 22, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I truly loved this book. I opened my heart and mind to receive every word that I assume was chosen very carefully. There is no way to read this without feeling the struggle, the love, the hope, the pain, and the passion of Gabriel and Julia. It was almost overwhelming at times.

I’ve never wept for fictional characters before. Now I weep because there are no more pages to turn, no more beautiful paintings to discover, and no more lines of love to commit to memory. Gabriel’s Rapture exemplifies wh
Please refresh my memory. *SPOILER* if you have not read the book 7 94 Jul 23, 2014 11:14AM
The Happy Housewi...: Gabriel's Rapture (Gabriel's Inferno, #2) 4 15 Mar 25, 2014 01:31PM
Last Sex Scene in Rapture Question 20 465 Feb 15, 2014 07:39AM
Buddy Read Zone: Gabriel's Rapture 38 38 Dec 01, 2013 04:51PM
Gabriel's Inferno...: Group re-read of Gabriel's Rapture 18 77 Nov 24, 2013 09:09PM
Gabriel's Inferno...: Pictures from Gabriel's Rapture 19 243 May 21, 2013 01:51PM
  • Love Unrehearsed (Love, #2)
  • Don't Forget to Remember Me (The Remembrance Trilogy, #2)
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2)
  • Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)
  • Down to You (The Bad Boys, #1)
  • Truth (Consequences, #2)
  • The Angel (The Original Sinners, #2)
  • Avoiding Commitment (Avoiding, #1)
  • All In (The Blackstone Affair, #2)
  • Honor and Obey (Honor, #3)
  • Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #1)
  • Love Left Behind
  • Futures and Frosting (Chocolate Lovers, #2)
  • Hot Ticket (Sinners on Tour, #3)
  • This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
  • Effortless (Thoughtless, #2)
  • Insufferable Proximity (Insufferable Proximity, #1)
  • Breathe (Colorado Mountain, #4)
My newest book, "The Shadow," which is the third volume in my Florentine Series, has just been released. The final book in the series, "The Roman," will be released December 6th and it is already available for preorder.

The second book, "The Raven," was nominated by RT Magazine as Best Paranormal Romance Suspense novel of 2015.

Recently, Huffington Post Books ranked "Gabriel's Inferno" as the best t
More about Sylvain Reynard...

Gabriel's Inferno (3 books)
  • Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno, #1)
  • Gabriel's Redemption (Gabriel's Inferno, #3)

“Love is doing a kindness for someone else, not expecting to receive anything in return.” 342 likes
“She is not my equal; she is my better. She is my sticky little leaf.” 276 likes