Start by marking “Yours to Take” as Want to Read:
Yours to Take

Yours to Take (The Connaghers #3)

All fire and gunpowder need is a stray spark…

The Connaghers, Book 3

The day one of her old clients gunned down a cop, former defense attorney Vicki Connagher lost everything—her passion for justice, and her lover, Detective Elias Reyes. The dead cop’s partner.

Even though she’s following her dream to start her own fashion line, it’s tough with heartache as her only companion
Published April 2nd 2013 by Samhain Publishing (first published May 8th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Yours to Take, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yours to Take

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

A triangle is the strongest structure because of their ability to bear heavy loads without collapsing. In YOURS TO TAKE, this is evident with Vicki and her ménage a trois with Jesse and Elias.

Jesse is a homeless artist with model looks. My heart cries for Jesse as we learn about his life and how he ended up homeless. When he hit rock bottom, he stuck. The only thing he lived for was a bit of time with Vicki when she saw him at the park.

Vicki is a recovering criminal defense lawyer. She left the
Eve
Feb 03, 2013 Eve rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: homeless, mfm, domme
4 stars for originality and because the writing is excellent. Would have been 5 stars if Elias' motivation made better sense.

Vicki and Elias have had trouble making their relationship work because both are so dominant. Enter Jesse, the sweet homeless street artist that Vicki takes home one day. Jesse is submissive and in love with Vicki and very endearing and Vicki finds herself falling for him. But she still loves Elias, and he is not out of the picture.

Jesse loves Vicki so much that he is wil
Sandy M
May 17, 2012 Sandy M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, erotic
I don’t know about all of you, but when it comes to erotic romance, I read a lot of so-so books before I find a few gems that are truly worth the reading time. Sort of like kissing a lot of frogs before you find that prince. What I’ve found is the majority of erotic reads aren’t balanced between the hot and steamy sex and an intriguing and emotional story. So when I come across that author who hits all of those – and more – elements out of the park, she’s going to be one I’m on the lookout for ...more
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Jealousy, passion, discovery and submission, Yours to Take was an erotic and emotional journey into the world of D/s, with three people trying to find their way in the crazy game of love.

Vicki Connagher gave up everything; a high profile job and all the prestige that came with it, her swanky car and even her friends, when one of her clients murdered a cop. But the most painful thing that she lost was her boyfriend, Detective Elias Reyes. Now, starting over with a job she’s only dreamed of, Vick
Kent
Oct 28, 2014 Kent rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story! I didn't think I would like a story where the main character was a woman with two men, but the way this story handled the subject was perfect in my humble opinion. Is there ever going to be a follow up on this series?
MaggieReadsRom
Favorite of the year so far!!
Review coming shortly...
Beret
Nov 25, 2016 Beret rated it liked it
not nearly as good as the first one
Ni_kii
Among The Muses
Rated 4.5 on the blog: The Forbidden Bookshelf

Even if the author does have a Masters degree in mathematics, her stories are anything but formulaic – and YOURS TO TAKE is no exception!!

Uniquely bringing the aspects of domination and submission to life, this newest release of Burkhart’s, allows readers to dive into the needs of three characters that create the ultimate relationship triangle, each symbolically as different as the three points of a triangle.

The alpha male: Elias Reyes: Being a detec
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's Review posted on Guilty Pleasures

I have read hundreds of erotic romance books, of those a lot have been ménage stories, many more have had some elements of BDSM, but I have never read a book quite like this one. I’ll be honest; I was surprised to read something so completely different than anything I’ve read before. It was quite refreshing to read a book so very new with so many different feelings and emotions.

Vicky Connagher is an attorney turned up and coming fashion designer. She quit
Nicole
May 09, 2012 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2012/05/08/...

I love the Connaghers books, even when I wasn’t sure that I would like them, so although I’m not a huge fan of any of the previous FemDom books I’ve read, I knew that Burkhart is always able to keep me entertained and engaged.

Vicki quit her job as a high profile defense lawyer to start her own clothing line after her on-again-off-again boyfriend Elias’ partner was killed by one of her clients. When she happens to run into Jes
Joyfully Reviewed
Vicki Connagher spent her formative years becoming a lawyer and striving to move ahead at her firm, even though she knew she was setting criminals free. When one of her clients kills a cop; her boyfriend’s partner, Vicki can’t live with herself anymore. She turns her back on her profession and turns to fashion.

As the stress of creating her own line starts to weigh her down, a ray of light walks into her life; Jesse, a homeless artist has not only the gift of art but he brings out the protective,
Cocktails and Books
I will admit I haven't read Connaghers 1 or 2, so I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into with Yours to Take, but I really enjoyed it.

Vicki Connagher was a defense attorney who left it all behind after one of her clients killed her cop boyfriend's partner. But leaving her job behind wasn't all that she lost that day. Her boyfriend, Elias, stopped seeing her, leaving her to believe he blamed her for what happened.

Now designing her own fashion line, Vicki run into another blast from her legal
Lyle Appleyard
Jul 08, 2013 Lyle Appleyard rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received a copy of this book through the Goodreads Giveaway promotions. If I had not gotten this book, I don't think I would have read it.

I have never read a book of this genre before. I have no reference to say that this is a good, average or poor book for the BDSM genre. That may be doing the book a disservice. I can only comment on it as a book and take it from there.

If you want to poil down this book to what it is, it`s a love story. Boy loves girl, girl loves another boy and they are all
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
3 stars for an interesting MFM read with powerplay, Dom/Domme/sub.

Meet -

Vicki – Ex-lawyer turned designer, left her career when one of her clients killed her Elias' partner. Befriended Jesse and left him when she was embarrassed by her breakdown in front of him.

Elias – A Cop who does nothing but work. Stopped sleeping with Vicki when his partner died. Elias and Vicki would enjoy rough sex.

Jesse – Homeless man with a horrid past. Fell in love with Vicki when she used to visit him at the park. Wo
Shannon
Jun 20, 2012 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I really enjoyed this one. I hadn't read any of the other books in the series, but I intend to after this. Vicki, Elias and Jesse are so real that their struggles are sometimes far too heart-wrenching, but I loved them.

There's a tendency in romances to not consider the implications that would arise in a relationship between more than two people. I thought Ms. Burkhart did a good job establishing that there were things these people would have to work out. Elias has a lot of jealousy to work throu
Leeann Pule
Jun 09, 2015 Leeann Pule rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes two is better than one.

Vicki Connagher is the youngest of the Connagher children. A former practicing attorney at one of Dallas' top law firms, who left her job after one of her clients killed a police officer. Now she is trying to follow her dream of becoming a fashion designer, but something is missing in her life. She is missing that special someone to make her life complete. Her on and off beau Detective Elias Reyes was the partner of the officer who was killed by her former client
Stephanie Christine
May 03, 2012 Stephanie Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm
Although Hurt Me So Good will always be my favorite of The Connaghers series I have to say that I loved this book!

I fell in love with Jesse the submissive street artist with his complete and utter devotion to Vicki Connagher. I think we all secretly wish we had someone in our lives like him, who loved us unconditionally. No strings attached, no judging. Who's only desire was to just be near us in whatever way they could. Even if that meant sharing us with someone else. Hmmm, maybe that's just me
Katherine O'Grady
Jul 05, 2012 Katherine O'Grady rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
I bought this one primarily because it had a twist on the usual BDSM mengage story. (Side note: Hah! I never thought I'd type that sentence.)

The heroine realizes she is a Domme when she finds her perfect (male) sub. She also has a serious boyfriend, who is a Dom, albeit it not in a formal "I wear leather and have my own dungeon" kinda way. The story takes us through how they learn to operate as a threesome and find their HEA. The sex is very hot, the anticipation and build up, smoking.

This is bo
Heidi Dover
Apr 25, 2016 Heidi Dover rated it really liked it
Shelves: liked
Overall pretty good, but I wanted a little more depth to feelings, emotions, conflict, intensity, the characters fighting their true natures, esp. because between the three there was such a variety and each had a lot to overcome, accept, and give to make it all work. Would have liked a little more sex to add to that depth, there were plenty of good opportunities and in ways that would have totally enhanced the intensity and connection to the story and the characters to each other. Interesting ...more
Noelle Pierce
May 08, 2012 Noelle Pierce rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. I never thought I'd like a submissive guy, but hot damn, Jesse was blazing! I loved Vicki's story, and seeing the transition as she begins to accept her own desires in terms of being dominant. And then there's Elias, who is more my type from the get go. *Happy sigh* This menage was a complex relationship that worked. Bottom line, I want to know if the Connaughers (sp?) have any cousins who might need their stories told soon. :)
Dee
I read book four and enjoyed it, so immediately back tracked to this one. As far as personal reading preference goes, I must say I liked this story much more.

One woman, two men, one alpha one submissive. What a tasty treat indeed!

But the story was about so much more. It captured the trials, and rewards, of being in a three way relationship. Having a female switch just made it all the more interesting, IMO.
 Sara
Really enjoyed this one. I loved the way the three of them worked their relationship out. I generally don't like fem-dom books, but with the alpha male over top it worked for me. the sub reminded me of one of Kim Dare's but with a woman thrown in the mix it was particularly interesting. Very well done. I missed #2 and am going to go back and read it.
Jennavier
May 07, 2014 Jennavier marked it as read-sample-and-passed
I actually won this in a giveaway I don't remember entering. I feel bad because there are so many people who would have loved this book and it went to me. Erotic romance is not my thing so even though I really intended to read it anyway, it just didn't happen. I got a few pages in to introducing the relationship dynamics and realized I just couldn't do it.
grumpybybirth
May 16, 2012 grumpybybirth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, m-f
HOT! HOT! I couldn't wait to get Vicki's story, and I wasn't disappointed when I finally got to read it. I have fallen in love all of again with this family.

Now we just need Mal's story, and the more we interact with Mama the more I want her story. She is such an amazing and wonderful woman.
Sharon
May 17, 2012 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the first two books about the connaghers.
This one was not bad,but the depth of the character building felt short.
This was also a very fast read,the connection was off, not bad but not souldiscovering
Natasha  A.
May 02, 2012 Natasha A. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
I'm not sure what to say.
I felt like I was only seeing part of the picture, that there was a bunch of stuff missing, that would have made the story more complete.
The whole fashion story line felt incomplete.
However the eventual dynamic between the three of them was excellent.
Lori
Aug 15, 2013 Lori rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I read the book really fast and didn't mind it till the ending which was a HUGE letdown. It feels like you read the book to get a paragraph really.
Jessica
Jul 02, 2012 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet, romantic, tender and fierce as needed. Emotionally satisfying; I like watching characters get stronger and help each other get stronger in the process.
Marquita Davis
Mar 15, 2013 Marquita Davis rated it it was amazing
There is nothing about this author that I dont love. I would have liked to see a bit more on Con and V, but this book was a fabulous addition to the connigar series.
Romance Readers R...: AC: Joely Sue Burkhart of Yours To Take (May 15-17) 31 45 May 19, 2012 07:21AM
  • The One Worth Finding
  • Still (Long Slow Tease, #1)
  • Divine Solace (Nature of Desire, #8)
  • Safeword Rainbow (Safeword, #1)
  • When In Rio
  • Mr. Smith's Whip (Taboo Wishes, #4)
  • Velvet Memories (Club Velvet Ice, #4)
  • Watch Me (Purgatory Club, #2)
  • Sweet Caroline (Blue Jeans and Hard Hats #1)
  • Desire's Edge (Edge, #2)
  • Sapphire (Facets of Passion #1)
  • Josh's Justice (Bad in Boots, #4)
  • Away From Me
  • 31 Flavors
  • Coin Operated (Dirty Laundry, #1)
  • Merrick's Destiny (Bloodhounds, #1.5)
  • Katie and the Dom (Power Play, #2)
  • Western Ties (Compass Brothers #4)
Author for Samhain Publishing and Carina Press.
More about Joely Sue Burkhart...

The Connaghers (4 books)
  • Dear Sir, I'm Yours (The Connaghers #1)
  • Hurt Me So Good (The Connaghers #2)
  • Never Let You Down