Start by marking “Return to You (Laurel Heights, #3)” as Want to Read:
Return to You (Laurel Heights, #3)

Return to You (Laurel Heights #3)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  5,549 ratings  ·  276 reviews
That rat bastard Michael Wallace is back.

The last person Olivia Parker expects to walk into her lingerie shop is her high school sweetheart. She's so over him. Mostly. Except that he's hotter than ever and still knows her better than she knows herself. But how can she risk her heart when she knows he's just going to leave again?

It's a simple plan: return home, shoot the mo
Published September 27th 2012 by CreateSpace (first published April 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Return to You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to You

Joy (joyous reads)
There was a whole lot of manipulation going on in this Northern California town. When Michael Wallace struts back into Olivia Parker's life, she never thought her day could get any worse. But when she finds out the Hollywood big-wig, "sperm donor"- who'd like to call himself her father - shows up as well, Olivia's day went to hell in a hand basket.

Back in the day, when their love was so sweet and nothing could tear them apart, Olivia and Michael's lives were pretty much set. But her meddling fat
Bookbound
Naomi Impellizzeri
I was just... I just... ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!

So I have recently fallen in love with the Laurel Heights series, but this just didn't cut it for me.

I loved Olivia. She was a fantastic character and she had to deal with a lot of shit that nobody seemed to understand the seriousness of. She was strong and gorgeous and funny and I really liked her.

I also have fallen for Rick. Rick is smokin' hot and sweet to boot. So you can understand my frustration and anger at (view spoiler)
Anne OK
Amazon Freebie (6/5/12)

A very cute and fun to read second chance at love contemporary romance. After eleven years, Michael, now a successful Hollywood director, returns to his hometown - not by choice, however. Olivia Parker was broken-hearted when Michael left her behind to make a name for himself among the stars. She has never fully gotten over him or forgiven him for walking away without so much as a phone call. This is a sexy romp that gets lots of help from a lingerie store stocked
Brooke
Lynn
Pretty decent for a quick romance in between weightier books. My only problem with it is the end and how quickly the heroine accepts the hero's apology even though he doesn't explain himself AT ALL. Just an I'm sorry so let's sweep everything under the rug. That bugged me big time and didn't seem to fit the heroine (or give the reader any satisfaction). Other than that it was a good light romance.
Jaime Fiction Fangirls Book Reviews
Guilty Pleasures
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

3.75 Stars

Return to You by Kate Perry is a reunited lover’s story with a side story of new love thrown in for good measure. I always enjoy when writers can focus on their main characters but give us glimpses at other characters making the book a lot more entertaining. Kate managed to do this in spades!

Olivia Parker owns a lingerie store and is quite successful. She has a habit of taking care of or “mothering” her friends often giving them very sage advice
Bookswithbenefits
Synopsis: Olivia and Michael have been connected since they were only six years old, becoming, over time, best friends and lovers. However, as they grew up, Michael was lured from Olivia and their small town life by the promise of a directing career in L.A. When he abandons Olivia, everything they were together is lost. But over a decade later, Olivia's powerful father decides it is time to repair his relationship with his daughter, and he knows the first step is reuniting her with the man she h ...more
Nicole Pope
I just finished this novel and enjoyed it so much that it verges on 5 stars. It is extremely well written, captivating, and so much fun to read. The character descriptions and development were exceptional. I truly felt like I knew the characters. I believe that this is the third book in the series but I didn't know that until I was done with the book. That says something! I never felt like I was missing something or that I was "out of the loop". In fact, I thought it was the first book. Therefor ...more
Heather andrews
I love it when our female characters are feisty, "you came in here to remind me of what we were?" she asked incredulously. "What did you expect? That you'd walk in here and I'd be overjoyed to see you?" Olivia is also a sarcastic one, "then you must be here to make a purchase. For a girlfriend? Unless you've taken up cross-dressing. In which case I have a lovely satin teddy that'd do wonders for your figure." There were times Michael was just an a**, "fact of the matter is I'm as pissed as you a ...more
Amanda
I'm debating on what to rate this.

The overall story was decent, but the main characters were really annoying. I don't really know how to describe it other than really fast paced make-up to an 11 year old feud that is started with and continued due to miscommunication because there is no talking going on - just sex and assumptions.

These kind of books drive me nuts. The whole plot mechanism behind the story is no communication and the characters just assuming intent behind actions/words without ta
Loren
There was too much manipulation going on for me to believe that any of these characters could have a healthy relationship. Virtually every character was manipulating at least one of the other characters and sometimes more than one other character. So many of the problems between various characters could have been resolved if the characters had stopped manipulating each other and actually had a conversation. (view spoiler) ...more
Bungluna
If the author had checked off every singly pet peeve of mine she could not have written a book more abhorrent to me! Meddling senior? Check. Manipulative relative? In spades check. Insta-lust that wipes all wrongs? Double check.

I liked Olivia at the beginning, but I gave up when she fell horizontal with the jerk "love of her life" and just allowed everybody to manipulate her. I wanted major "begging for forgiveness" so I skimmed to the end to see if this happened and couldn't believe the conclus
Sam Kozbial
Another great Laurel Heights book. I am falling in love with this circle of friends and would love to be somebody's roommate or something.

The main romance: After 11 years, Olivia and her former high school sweetheart, Michael, find themselves back in familiar territory when he must direct a movie at her grandmother's farm. The side romance is between Olivia's father and his executive assistant.

Why I enjoyed this book

1. The Laurel Heights family. I love these people, as I already mentioned abov
Kamillah
This was a free ebook... I couldn't decide between two or three stars because I was entertained, but I definitely wouldn't call it great writing. It's kind of like when you get sucked into a somewhat cheesy but engaging made-for-tv romance or romantic comedy on a random cable channel lol, albeit a somewhat graphic cable channel. The characters were a little one-dimensional and sometimes frustrating but in the end I really, really wanted to know the outcome. So I will admit, it kept my attention. ...more
Sandhya
I was waiting to read Olivia, Eve's friend's story. I had liked Olivia from the previous book itself. Even though the male lead in the book is Michael Wallace, i felt like the story was mostly about Olivia and her relations. Michael's character was not fully developed, not at all deep , superficial sometimes. Olivia and Michael are told as former best friends. The author should have put some light on their past relationship because, when they meet in the book after 11 years, we could see only a ...more
Athena
A romance that will make swoon, swelter and want to pull your hair. Michael and Olivia are made for each other and it seems everybody knows that, even themselves. It's just that Michael left Olivia behind eleven years ago and she's not ready to forgive him so easily. They know they have amazing chemistry, but they also know this will only last until Michael is done shooting the movie.

When it comes to the brain or heart you know which they should best listen to. There are just some obstacles they
Maggie

Nice story, but sooooooo many typos took the enjoyment out of reading this one. Sometimes I even had to pause & reread a sentence to figure out what word should really be there. Arrrrgggh!

I loved Olivia's character and enjoyed visualizing Lainie's metamorphosis. I could see Michael's redemption and wondered about the outcome of Everett's manipulations. Predictably, it all comes out in the wash. Quick read, if you don't mind the mistakes.
Opinionated Lady
I found this on the Top 100 free downloads on Amazon.

It was a quick read. I was disappointed by the one-dimensional nature of the love interest, Michael. I think that was one of the biggest drawbacks for me. I enjoyed the romance between Parker and Lainie and found it more compelling than the main storyline.

It was mostly lighthearted and a bit fun. A quick summer read.
Dami (Damiellar)
I don't know whether it's due to my not having read the previous books in this particular series but I just found this a bit lightweight. Drama, drama, drama then it was resolved with a click of the fingers. It just felt too easy, some troubling incidents in the past seemed to be processed too easily. It was ok, but I don't think this'll make it onto my reread list.
Kathy
Although a great start I was disappointed with the ending. You don't go through what Olivia did and just fall back into the arms of the men who did it to you. And then not discuss certain aspects of it. Definitely have to 'get lost in love' to believe it
Liz
I really liked the first two in this series and had high hopes for this one.

This is the story of Olivia, who has abandonment issues after her mother dies and her father leaves her in her grandmother's care as a child to pursue his business interests in movie producing. Her best friend is Michael and they eventually fall in love when they reach high school. Her father apparently comes back into the picture offering Michael his dream job of directing for his company and Olivia is unceremoniously
SheLove2Read
3 - maybe 3.5 stars. This would be a good rainy day/beach read. I didn't find it to be anything spectacular or out of the ordinary, but it was still an engaging, romantic story. Part of a series but can definitely be read as a standalone book.
Sauniell
I've read a few of Kate Perry's books and I'm not sure how I feel about these books anymore. I appreciate a quick read but I get annoyed how the storyline makes that unrealistic jump from no hint of sexual tension into sex in a mere second.
Misti
I got this to read during vacation. I was a little disappointed that the character let her ex back into her life so easily without THE talk or working things out. But, it was pretty good overall.
Louise Wardell
Michael and Olivia parted ways eleven years earlier. Now they are forced back together by the person responsible for splitting them up. All have hurts from the past.
Amanda
great book. read it in less than a day though. loved all the characters in this one unlike book #3 I couldn't stand Treats mom.
Kate Dirty Girls' Good Books
Return To You (Laurel Heights #3) by Kate Perry
C, blaze/inferno, no kink, contemp, 344 pages

It's been eleven years since Michael left town to persue his dreams in Hollywood, leaving the love of his life, Olivia, behind. Now he's come back to film a movie and has to face Olivia again. Olivia's been nursing her broken heart for the eleven years Michael's been gone, but can she love someone who hurt her so badly before?

I have enjoyed each of the Laurel Heights books that I've read and this one is n
Kristyn
This is the third Laurel Heights novel, and while I've never read the other two, I don't feel as if you have to read the other two - all three are about different characters. Upon reading this book, at first, I thought I was reading the Godfather, because Michael and Olivia's father, Everett Parker, are talking about an agreement. He gave Michael, Olivia's high school boyfriend, a job as a director in California. Her father had already left Olivia when she was young, not having the ability to lo ...more
  • At Last
  • Cross My Heart (Landry, #2)
  • Falling for You (Pearl Island Trilogy, #1)
  • The Last Bride in Ballymuir (Ballymuir, #1)
  • Worth the Weight (The Worth, #1)
  • Planning for Love (Aisle Bound, #1)
  • Always the Last to Know (Always The Bridesmaid, #1)
  • Runaway Heart
  • Glass Houses
  • Shut Up and Kiss Me
  • Hooking Up (Hooking Up, #1)
  • Offside (The Barker Triplets, #1)
  • Letters To Gabriella (Glebe Point, #2)
  • A Little Bit of Déjà Vu (Return to Redemption, #1)
  • Donovan's Angel (Donovan's of the Delta #1)
  • Almost a Bride (Wyoming Wildflowers, #1)
  • Fresh Temptation (Barboza Brothers, #1)
  • The Boat Builder's Bed (Wicked in Wellington, #1)
Kate has tangoed at midnight with a man in blue furry chaps, dueled with flaming swords in the desert, and strutted on bar tops across the world and back. She’s been kissed under the Eiffel Tower, had her butt pinched in Florence, and been serenaded in New Orleans. But she found Happy Ever After in San Francisco with her Magic Man.

Kate’s the bestselling author of the Laurel Heights Novels, as well
More about Kate Perry...
Perfect for You (Laurel Heights, #1) Close to You (Laurel Heights, #2) Looking for You (Laurel Heights, #4) Dream of You (Laurel Heights, #5) Tamed by You (Laurel Heights, #7)