Start by marking “John Adams: Reluctant Patriot Of The Revolution” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
John Adams: Reluctant ...

Leonard Falkner

John Adams: Reluctant Patriot Of The Revolution

To ask other readers questions about John Adams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about John Adams

Deanna
Nov 01, 2009 Deanna rated it liked it
Shelves: american-history
I read this because my daughter is reading this with her Key of Liberty class. I found it an interesting read. This is a perfect book for middle school readers to use with their American History studies. There is a lot of good history information told in an engaging way.

I lament that my public school education contained such dismal reading materials. A book like this surely would of perked my interest.
Jorgina
Nice compilation of historical events without being dry or mundane. Author really brought the characters to life. Good bio for youth. Too bad it is out of print. Our private school received permission from the publisher to copy the book for our students. All students in the American Revolution class read this.
It never ceases to amaze me what the Founding Fathers accomplished.
Olivia
Oct 31, 2009 Olivia rated it really liked it
Shelves: home-schooling
I am reading this right now for my key of liberty class. I have really enjoyed it so far!I thought it was going to be like ready Walden all over again! However, it is in much more of a story format. I would compare it to the Childhood of Famous Americans series.
I have learned a ton abot John Adams for this book!
James
Oct 13, 2012 James rated it it was ok
The real rating is 1.7. It wasn't really worth reading. It skipped over too much and was skimpy on the details. Perhaps I would have liked it better if I hadn't already read John Adams, by David McCullough.
Elle
Mar 11, 2009 Elle marked it as to-read
This makes me wonder, why is this book called John Adams: Reluctant Patriot of the Revolution? In what I have learned about him, he did not seem to be reluctant, indeed, always nonhesitant to do whatever was right for his country.
Holli
Oct 18, 2014 Holli rated it liked it
This is a good starter biography of John Adams. While it doesn't compare to David McCullough's biography of Adams, this is greet for middle/school kids and up giving a basic history if Adams and the events of early America.
Tessa
Jan 08, 2009 Tessa rated it really liked it
Leonard Falkner gives a good picture of who John Adams was in this book. Although I agree that Adams was reluctant to join the revolution at first once he did he was very consistent. I attended a book discussion on this book and one woman said that she thinks that every American should read it.
Megan
Jan 28, 2009 Megan rated it it was ok
It wasn't moving very fast for me but it did give a lot of information about the American Revolution that I didn't know.
Lauryn
Mar 15, 2011 Lauryn rated it it was amazing
i thought i knew so much about john adams until i read this book please read it it is a pretty short book though
Elaine Curry
May 28, 2012 Elaine Curry rated it really liked it
I really liked it. As a beginner history enthusiast I appreciated that it didn't have too many details or dates. A fast read, hopefully my girls we be ready to read it this year.
Madeline Smith
Oct 02, 2013 Madeline Smith rated it liked it
I liked this book. It had lots of interesting facts about John Adams.
Melody Wintrox
Oct 25, 2013 Melody Wintrox rated it liked it
It was interesting to see from John Adams point of view and see what his life was like.
Carter
Dec 12, 2012 Carter rated it really liked it
I think that this is a good book, because it was a good outline of John Adams' life , and I didn't know much at all about him.
Maria
Sep 15, 2010 Maria rated it liked it
Many sacrifices were made so we could have the freedoms in our country today. The foudning fathers had prepared themselves through their education.
Aimee
Nov 22, 2016 Aimee rated it liked it
My son enjoyed this book greatly. It shed a lot of light on events surrounding this great man and on his character.
Michele
Oct 31, 2013 Michele rated it really liked it
An amazing man. This is a great youth reader.
Julie
Jun 13, 2014 Julie rated it liked it
This is a good, small book of information about John Adams for children or youth. It's written in enough of a story fashion to keep the interest of most persons.
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2016
Alayna
Alayna rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2013
Natasha
Natasha rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2008
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2012
Melanie
Melanie rated it did not like it
Oct 08, 2015
Rebekah
Rebekah rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2010
Heylasley
Heylasley rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2010
Nickie
Nov 19, 2011 Nickie rated it liked it
Shelves: read-to-the-kids
We read this as one of the discussion books our kids needed for Key of Liberty.
JoDean
JoDean rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2008
Books
Books rated it liked it
May 29, 2013
Lilian Deforest
Lilian Deforest rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2012
Karlee
Karlee rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2007