Blank-133x176
John Adams: Reluctant ...

Leonard Falkner

John Adams: Reluctant Patriot Of The Revolution

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  15 reviews

To ask other readers questions about John Adams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about John Adams

Julie
This is a good, small book of information about John Adams for children or youth. It's written in enough of a story fashion to keep the interest of most persons.
Deanna
I read this because my daughter is reading this with her Key of Liberty class. I found it an interesting read. This is a perfect book for middle school readers to use with their American History studies. There is a lot of good history information told in an engaging way.

I lament that my public school education contained such dismal reading materials. A book like this surely would of perked my interest.
Jorgina
Nice compilation of historical events without being dry or mundane. Author really brought the characters to life. Good bio for youth. Too bad it is out of print. Our private school received permission from the publisher to copy the book for our students. All students in the American Revolution class read this.
It never ceases to amaze me what the Founding Fathers accomplished.
Olivia
I am reading this right now for my key of liberty class. I have really enjoyed it so far!I thought it was going to be like ready Walden all over again! However, it is in much more of a story format. I would compare it to the Childhood of Famous Americans series.
I have learned a ton abot John Adams for this book!
James
The real rating is 1.7. It wasn't really worth reading. It skipped over too much and was skimpy on the details. Perhaps I would have liked it better if I hadn't already read John Adams, by David McCullough.
Tessa
Leonard Falkner gives a good picture of who John Adams was in this book. Although I agree that Adams was reluctant to join the revolution at first once he did he was very consistent. I attended a book discussion on this book and one woman said that she thinks that every American should read it.
Elle
Mar 11, 2009 Elle marked it as to-read
This makes me wonder, why is this book called John Adams: Reluctant Patriot of the Revolution? In what I have learned about him, he did not seem to be reluctant, indeed, always nonhesitant to do whatever was right for his country.
Elaine Curry
I really liked it. As a beginner history enthusiast I appreciated that it didn't have too many details or dates. A fast read, hopefully my girls we be ready to read it this year.
Maria
Many sacrifices were made so we could have the freedoms in our country today. The foudning fathers had prepared themselves through their education.
Megan
It wasn't moving very fast for me but it did give a lot of information about the American Revolution that I didn't know.
Carter
I think that this is a good book, because it was a good outline of John Adams' life , and I didn't know much at all about him.
Lauryn
i thought i knew so much about john adams until i read this book please read it it is a pretty short book though
Melody Wintrox
It was interesting to see from John Adams point of view and see what his life was like.
Nickie
We read this as one of the discussion books our kids needed for Key of Liberty.
Madeline Smith
I liked this book. It had lots of interesting facts about John Adams.
Heather
Heather is currently reading it
Sep 12, 2014
Cyndy
Cyndy added it
May 22, 2014
Alysia
Alysia marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Painted Lady: Eliza Jumel: Her Life and Times For Jefferson and Liberty: The United States in War and Peace, 1800-1815