Start by marking “Walking In the Midst of Fire (Remy Chandler, #6)” as Want to Read:
Walking In the Midst of Fire (Remy Chandler, #6)

Walking In the Midst of Fire (Remy Chandler #6)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  417 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Remy Chandler, angel private investigator, is trying his damnedest to lead a normal life in a world on the verge of supernatural change. He’s found a new love—a woman his dog, Marlowe, approves of—and his best human friend is reluctantly coming to grips with how...unusual...Remy’s actions can be. And he’s finally reached a kind of peace between his true angelic nature and ...more
Published August 6th 2013 by Roc

To ask other readers questions about Walking In the Midst of Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walking In the Midst of Fire

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This is a really good series for fans of angelic fiction. The angels aren't really that likable though, except for Remy. I like the insight into the Angelic War, although it's not very biblical in some aspects (others sort of). I didn't care for one aspect in the presentation of Christ, honestly. The lower rating is mainly because the pacing falls apart at the end. The cliffhanger is rather brutal too. I'll keep reading this because I really like Remy (and I'm fascinated with angels).

Overall rat
Shadowdenizen
Dec 16, 2015 Shadowdenizen rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
A worthy successor/counterpart to Harry Dresden. (Personally, I enjoy this series slightly MORE than the Dresden files, but YMMV, of course.)
Cathy
Probably more of a 3.5 star book, but it was good. This one is almost all angel politics and supernatural dynamics, so if you like the developing story about the tensions between Heaven and Hell, you'll be interested in these goings-on. It still seems odd to me that Remy would be the only one disenchanted with the situation, or at least with the guts to stand up and say so, but that's the premise so we have to go with it. Marlowe is still great, of course, Sniegoski still writes the best dog exc ...more
Cass
Jan 20, 2017 Cass rated it really liked it
4,5/5
***Dave Hill
Feb 26, 2014 ***Dave Hill rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: text
Another Remy Chandler novel, which is always a pleasant, if not life-changing, outing. I'd probably give this a 2.5 stars if possible, but I'll round up to 3.

Some of the tension of the previous volumes is gone -- in particular the conflict between Remy's Inner Seraph and his "human" self have largely gone away, that particular tension replaced with concerns over his new human girlfriend and his having to lie about who he really is to her. But that's all a sidelight to this tale, which focuses o
Ramona Lazar
Nov 26, 2015 Ramona Lazar rated it really liked it
I love Mr. Sniegoski's writing. I love his books. This one was no exception.
Kathy Davie
Sixth in the Remy Chandler urban fantasy series and revolving around an angel tired of Heaven and its wars who has lived as a human and works as a private investigator. The series is based in Boston.

My Take
I do adore this series. Sniegoski has such a different take on angels with this. An angel who hates the politics, wars, and powermongering in Heaven and is still beloved by God. It's such a contrast with those angels who are so uppity and arrogant, who believe they know what God wants and trea
Janeandjerry
Dec 22, 2016 Janeandjerry rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this and the story and characters were all great
Sharon
Aug 05, 2013 Sharon rated it it was amazing
I will start out with this was a damned good story! There are warrior angels, snarky attitudes, epic smack downs, evil, suspense, and heart breaking realizations. Notice I didn’t say romance? The main character, Remy Chandler, does have a love life and it is important to his ability to hold onto his human façade, but this is an urban fantasy from a male POV with a male author. Now don’t go getting all offended. I am making a generalization based on my reading experiences. Female and male authors ...more
Karissa
Sep 15, 2013 Karissa rated it really liked it
This is the sixth book in the Remy Chandler series; I really enjoyed it. All of the books in this series so far have been solid urban fantasy reads that are very entertaining to read. I would definitely recommend starting this series at book 1, since there are a lot of characters in this book from previous books.

When a General of Heaven is slain, Heaven and Hell end up on the verge of war...with humanity stuck in the middle. It is up to Remy to figure out who really killed the General and to sto
Fangs for the Fantasy
Oct 02, 2013 Fangs for the Fantasy rated it really liked it
Walking in the Midst of Fire (Remy Chandler #6) by Thomas E. Sniegoski Remy Chandler has a new case – an Angelic General has been murdered. Apart from anything else, killing a powerful angel isn’t exactly an easy task. But more worrisome, if he doesn’t find out who did it, Heaven’s not going to look they’re just going to point fingers at the newly released Lucifer.

Which will mean war. And it doesn’t matter who wins a war between Heaven or Hell, Earth will be reduced to cinders in the process.

B
Kirsten
Feb 02, 2014 Kirsten rated it really liked it
Walking in the Midst of Fire by Thomas E. Sniegoski is the newest installment in the Remy Chandler series. As such, new readers may want to pick up an earlier book to familiarize themselves with the characters and ongoing plot of the series, but this marks the beginning of another story arc, and it’s not that hard to jump in at this point without having to have more than relevant background information.

The basic elements that are important to remember are these: Remy Chandler is a seraph named “
Star
Apr 07, 2013 Star rated it really liked it
Remy Chandler is truly settling back into his life, probably for the first time since losing his wife. He’s got a girlfriend, Linda, who Marlowe (his dog) loves, too. Remy’s also been able to integrate his angelic nature and his human guise a lot better than before when he used to repress it 100%. Yet, things never fail to be interesting for Remy when he’s called to assist in discovering who murdered a general in Heaven’s army. But the rabbit hole is deeper than even Remy could imagine and it’s ...more
A.E.
Aug 06, 2013 A.E. rated it it was amazing
The ever-expanding threat of war between Heaven and Hell is as big as ever and seems more imminent with each book that continues this fast-paced series. This time the Vatican wants to recruit the Archangel Remiel aka Remy Chandler to help track down a dangerous necromancer who has one of King Solomon’s rings, which gives him control over demons.

The Nephilim also come more into play, and definitely have a role in the Heaven and Hell saga which I don’t wish to spoil, but it does involve a big, ep
Darcy
Jan 13, 2013 Darcy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, uf, angels, 2013
Wow, this book is a game changer is so many ways.

I liked the start, how Remy has moved beyond Madeline's death and embraced his life with Linda. I like the two of them together, Linda brings a lightness to Remy's life, one that he needs.

I also liked how Mulvehill has come to terms with what happened to him and is back to being friends with Remy, something that both of them seem to need.

For so much of this book things seemed to be going pretty well for Remy, but when they went bad they went real
April
May 05, 2014 April rated it it was ok
This is my first Remy Chandler novel, though not the first in the series. It was not that gripping for me; Chandler seemed to be too superheroic and the angels seemed too evil (and the demons too nice). It just doesn't fit with my worldview, so it was hard for me to suspend my disbelief. Chandler is just starting to fall in love again when his new life is tested. An angel of God has been found murdered and both sides are afraid that if the news gets out without the real culprit being brought to ...more
Sheldon Wiebe
Jun 10, 2015 Sheldon Wiebe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Walking in the Midst of Fire's immediate predecessor, Remy Chandler PI/Seraphim learned, in a dream, that a war was coming. In this volume he sees behaviour from both sides of The Fall that he finds unconscionable - and takes on his weirdest case, yet: the murder of an angel.

We also meet Simeon, the guy Christ practiced on before he later raised Lazarus from the dead. Now Simeon cannot die, and he's a wee bit pissed about that.

Then there's part of Remy/Remiel's past that we didn't know both -
Rosalind M
Aug 22, 2013 Rosalind M rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
3.5 stars. I stuck with it because I love this series and its cast. However, Remy and Linda's relationship felt forced to me, especially drawn out over as many pages as it is in this installment. Perhaps I'm just not used to seeing Remy relax and be able to back away from the emotional edge he's usually precariously balancing on. Perhaps I find more enjoyment in the storylines with stronger interactions between Remy and Francis or Mulvehille.
Melodie
Dec 28, 2012 Melodie rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2014
These books are a bit different than the norm, what with Remy being an angel and all. There was much going on in this one and Remy's relationship with Linda had moved ahead by leaps and bounds. The ending of this one leaves a lot hanging in the balance which is why I only gave it 3 stars instead of 4. Cliffhangers of this magnitude are just too much, IMHO, and I don't see another in this series on the horizon right now. That makes it even worse!
Lynn
Mar 07, 2015 Lynn rated it liked it
Is it just me or did these books used to be. . . better? This was somehow boring even though there were multiple storylines & time jumps. I wasn't as into any of the characters this time around, even Remy. I just saw things coming from a mile away, even though I was trying really hard not to. It ended on a huge cliffhanger & I kinda really don't care.
Janice
Sep 06, 2014 Janice rated it it was amazing
Shelves: supernatural
I was holding off on reading this one until I knew if there was going to be another in the series or not. The next one comes out in October, so I went ahead and read this one. I'm glad I waited, because unlike the other books in the series, which build upon each other, but are more-or-less self-contained stories, this one ends with a cliff hanger. One of my favorite series.
Lorelle
May 22, 2014 Lorelle rated it really liked it
4.5
Great to get back to that old angel magick. I thought this was the end of the series, but apparantly Remy is coming back! I really loved seeing Francis again and Squire is just like a crankier Franics - which is always good.
Dan
Sep 05, 2013 Dan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the story and it seems to be building toward inevitable 2nd Angelic War but the ending left me a little flat. I'm curious to see where he goes with the next book as I have enjoyed the series so far.
Jen
Nov 03, 2013 Jen rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Loosing interest in series. I feel like the character is being written into the corner, next stop: God.
Tracy
Mar 10, 2016 Tracy added it
I love Remy, it feels like the story is running to a close though...
Penny
Sep 18, 2013 Penny rated it really liked it
Another great novel in the Remy Chandler series. Kudos to Thomas once again! As usual I can hardly wait for the next entry in the series.
Sherry Mullins
Aug 25, 2014 Sherry Mullins rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Great books, You start to read them and you can not put them down I only wish he would write more of them
Nicky
3 1/2 stars and I suspect it would've had greater impact on me if I'd been reading this in order as opposed to the random order I have been.
Sep 18, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
I love Remy Chandler so much, and this was another great story. Can't wait for the next one!!!
Alaina
Aug 26, 2014 Alaina rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down! Cannot wait to read the rest of the series.
  • Unperfect Souls (Connor Grey, #4)
  • Payoff (Mindspace Investigations, #1.5)
  • Evil Dark (Occult Crimes Unit Investigation, #2)
  • Casino Infernale (Secret Histories, #7)
  • Water Waltz (Elemental Attraction, #1)
  • The Dragon Delasangre (Dragon Delasangre, #1)
  • Downfall (Cal Leandros, #9)
  • The Minority Council (Matthew Swift, #4)
  • Shadows of Falling Night (Shadowspawn #3)
  • Cold Copper (Age of Steam, #3)
  • Stones Unturned (The Menagerie, #3)
  • Extinction Agenda (Skinners, #6)
  • Imperium (Caulborn #1)
  • Detours (Other Places, #3)
  • Blood Bond (Anna Strong Chronicles, #9)
  • IM  (InCryptid, #3.2)
  • Celebromancy (Ree Reyes, #2)
THOMAS E. SNIEGOSKI is the author of more than two dozen novels for adults, teens, and children. His teen fantasy YA series Fallen was adapted into a trilogy of monstrously successful TV movies by ABC Family Channel. His other books for teens include Sleeper Code, Sleeper Agenda, and Force Majeure, as well as the upcoming series The Brimstone Network. The author's first adult novel, A Kiss Before ...more
More about Thomas E. Sniegoski...

Remy Chandler (7 books)
  • A Kiss Before the Apocalypse (Remy Chandler, #1)
  • Dancing on the Head of a Pin (Remy Chandler, #2)
  • Where Angels Fear to Tread (Remy Chandler, #3)
  • A Hundred Words for Hate (Remy Chandler, #4)
  • In the House of the Wicked (Remy Chandler, #5)
  • A Deafening Silence in Heaven (Remy Chandler, #7)

“The Assassin the midst the deadly druid
Fury the shattering”