Start by marking “What Was the Boston Tea Party?” as Want to Read:
What Was the Boston Tea Party?

What Was the Boston Tea Party? (What was...)

"No Taxation without Representation!" The Boston Tea Party stands as an iconic event of the American Revolution—outraged by the tax on tea, American colonists chose to destroy the tea by dumping it into the water! Learn all about the famed colonialists who fought against the British Monarchy, and read about this act of rebellion from our history! With black-and-white illus ...more
Published February 7th 2013 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about What Was the Boston Tea Party?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Was the Boston Tea Party?

Gabriel alexander Arras
I think that this book is a great book. I've done a project on The Boston Tea Party before. The Boston Tea Party is a great event that happened because of the tea tax in the tea act.

I recommend this book to any one who likes history.
Niobe Villalobos
Sep 14, 2016 Niobe Villalobos rated it liked it
What Was The Boston Tea Party? written by Katheen Krull gives tons of information about the Boston Tea Party. I learned a couple of facts that I did not know before. For example this book tells you that American colonists chose to destroy the tea, by dumping it into the water. Also it gives you many pictures along the way. I recommend this book to people that love history and want to know more about what happened in the past.
Yuka Sugiura
British
colony
ship
independence
4. This book is about the famous happening in 1773. It is called "Boston Tea Party." It was not real party. It was the one of the most powerful Protestants in the world. learned about that in high school, since then I have been interested in it. So I was glad to read this book and know more detail! Moreover this book has many pictures about that happening! It's interesting.

There were 13 colonies in America,
Evelyn Eve
Jul 23, 2015 Evelyn Eve rated it liked it
Shelves: children
As with all books of this nature, this one merely touches the tip of the iceberg. However, its target audience are young learners who (for the most part) could care less about the deeper issues surrounding the American Revolution and what it was really about. (Clue: money.)

However, this book does serve its purpose. My child was "failing" to care enough about history to do any of the assignments, and as a parent I was tired of being at the ear-end of all their teacher's motivational speeches. I s
Takahiro Yamada
Jun 02, 2014 Takahiro Yamada rated it really liked it
60 minutes
Boston- England- tax- liberty- fight- throw away- million
They made their own tea, from sage or raspberry leaves, and called it "Liberty Tea".
I liked this phrase, especially, liberty tea. I thought they found a good expression!

I liked this book, because I could know well about the incident. I learned about it in a high school, but it was too difficult for me then. However, through this book, I could learn it much.
Yurika Tokoro
Apr 27, 2016 Yurika Tokoro rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Penguin/ level ?

April 23 + 24 = 120 mins

England/ colonies/ taxation/ stamp / tea/ rebellion/ independence

"Give me liberty, or give me death."
This quote is really famous, and I learned that Patrick Henry is famous and known for his speech about to become independent from the authority of England. I think this is absolutely stunning and powerful to motivate people to stand together to beat England up and obtain liberty.

I fetl that this book was a little bit more difficult than the books from this
Ella Skov
Nov 24, 2015 Ella Skov rated it it was ok
This book was called "What Was the Boston Tea Party" and the author was Kathleen Krull. It was a nonfiction book. It was set in the past in Boston. The main characters were the king and the Boston citizens that were against the tea tax. This book describes all the events of the Boston tea party. They told what happened before, during, and after. It was very intresting. I rated this book a two because I read it very quickly and it didn't keep my attention.
Keiko Kawashima
Oct 02, 2014 Keiko Kawashima rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1. What Was the Boston Tea Party?
2. 9/26= 50 minutes, 9/29= 50 minutes
3. Boston, tea, England, China,Indians, Fort William, the Tea Act
4. a. Did the guests drink tea? No.
b. I was really surprised to know that. It wasn't party...
5. I learned about the Boston Tea Party when I was a high school student but I didn't know its detail. I don't like history but this book tell me the Boston Tea Party with a lot of details, so I could understand :)
Emily
Jan 26, 2016 Emily rated it really liked it
I read a nonfictional book called What was the Boston Tea Party by Kathleen Krull. The book takes place in the 13 colonies with main characters just as Adams, King George, and Hancock. This book is about what led up to the Boston Tea Party, what happened during, and after. I Rated this book 4 out of 5 stars because it was good but I felt it only barely touched the surface what happened. This book is great to learn about the Boston Tea Party.
Jason Polhemus
"What was the Boston Tea Party" by Kathleen Krull was a interesting nonfictional book. The book was pretty much about the Boston Tea Party.

What I liked about the book was the information. For example I didn't know it started the revolutionary war. That's a cool fact. There was actually nothing I didn't like about the book.

I recommend this book to people who want to learn more about the Boston Tea Party
Chris
Jul 18, 2015 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: history, politics
Very nice children's book on the Boston Tea Party that is well researched. You may find one or two tidbits about the era that you didn't learn at school. Lots of good illustrations, maps and pictures. The bibliography at the end has great resources for the history lover and teacher.
Timmy
Nov 02, 2014 Timmy marked it as to-read
November 2, 2014
Pages 1 to 21

The colonists dressed up as Indians and boarded three ships. Then they threw the tea into the harbor. That was the time of the Boston Tea Party. It was the most powerful protest ever.
Gerardo Sicairos
Dec 09, 2015 Gerardo Sicairos rated it it was amazing
The book"What Was The Boston Tea Party" by Kathleen Krull is a great book and is fairly easy.I recommend this book to any people that want to learn about the Boston Tea Party.
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
Jul 24, 2015 Kathy (Kindle-aholic) rated it really liked it
Good overview of the event, the major players, and a bit about the time as well as the American Revolution. Good starting point. Be prepared to answer lots of questions.
Catherine
Sep 03, 2016 Catherine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book on the events around the Boston Tea Party. Perfect book for elementary and middle school students.
Tina
Mar 17, 2016 Tina rated it liked it
Read this because my niece asked me to, so we can discuss it.
Caleb
Nov 26, 2014 Caleb rated it really liked it
I liked it. Most of the people did it were teens.
Keith
Feb 11, 2016 Keith rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Same stuff I always learn from the boston tea party.
Melissa Jones
Jul 30, 2016 Melissa Jones rated it really liked it
One thing I especially appreciate about this book is how it really emphasizes the scope of the risk taken by the colonists. It helps put the conflicting perspectives in a context kids can begin to understand.
Gabe
Jan 08, 2014 Gabe rated it liked it
What was the Boston Tea Party is a great book. I say this because not only did it teach me a lot of facts that I didn't know but it also kept me interested with the cool things that happened. If you like books with awesome facts and cool things you will love this book and all the other books like this
Nathaniel
Nov 25, 2014 Nathaniel rated it really liked it
It was ok.
Kim
Jan 13, 2016 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history
Does not have the same feel or flow as the "Who Was" books ... disappointing in that respect.
Mary
Mar 10, 2013 Mary rated it really liked it
New series by the Who Was people. We just got the first 4 at the library and I read this one because I have read a lot of adult nonfiction about this time period. All in all, I think it was well done. The explanations of difficult political concepts were clear and seemed quite accurate. I don't know if kids needed the reference to Sam Adams beer but I had not known it wasn't Sam Adams on the label.

Based on the popularity of Who Was I think this series will fly out of libraries and bookstores.
Michelle L.
Jan 08, 2015 Michelle L. rated it it was amazing
This book is excellent for 5th grade teachers and students who are studying the American Revolution. Quick and to the point with pictures to keep kids interested and written in a fun and engaging way!
Aug 06, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: got-from-library
Learned a lot. Good book!
Liz
Jul 08, 2013 Liz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-for-blog
This book does a great job of explaining the reasons for the Boston Tea Party. My blog review is here: http://kidlitaboutpolitics.wordpress....
Charlotte
Apr 09, 2013 Charlotte rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-biographies
As good as other who was books. NA and Caleb love the switch to "what was?"
PWRL
Apr 13, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
E
Zachary
Zachary rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2016
  • What Was the Gold Rush?
  • What Was the Battle of Gettysburg?
  • What Was Pearl Harbor?
  • Who Was Thomas Jefferson?
  • Who Was Paul Revere?
  • What Was the Underground Railroad?
  • Who Was Queen Elizabeth?
  • Who Was Elvis Presley?
  • Who Was Milton Hershey?
  • Who Was Roald Dahl?
  • Who Was Sacagawea?
  • Who Was Albert Einstein?
  • Who Was Anne Frank?
  • Who Was Maria Tallchief?
  • Who Was Steve Jobs?
  • Who Was Jesus? (Who Was...?)
  • Who Was Dr. Seuss?
  • Who Was William Shakespeare?

What was... (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • What Was the Battle of Gettysburg?
  • What Was the Gold Rush?
  • What Was the March on Washington?
  • What Was Pearl Harbor?
  • What Was the First Thanksgiving?
  • What Was the Alamo?
  • What Was Ellis Island?
  • What Was Pompeii? (What Was...?)
  • What Is the Statue of Liberty?
  • What Is the Panama Canal?