Start by marking “Tea Time with Sophia Grace and Rosie” as Want to Read:
Tea Time with Sophia Grace and Rosie

Tea Time with Sophia Grace and Rosie

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  167 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
The precocious cousins from the ELLEN show host a princess tea party!

Following their breakout performance of Nicki Minaj's "Super Bass" on the ELLEN show, Sophia Grace and Rosie became YouTube sensations. After appearing numerous times on ELLEN, the girls have resonated with large audiences by dressing up in pink tutus and living out young girls' princess fantasies! These
Published February 1st 2013 by Orchard Books

Cora
Apr 21, 2016 Cora rated it really liked it
Good for 1st grade one-on-one reading with girls. They can connect to the characters and there's some good vocabulary in it.
Shanshad Whelan
Feb 12, 2013 Shanshad Whelan rated it did not like it
Let's take a book. Lets fill it with the most painfully sweet, saccharine syrupy stuff we can. Populate it with princess, pink, and all things girly girly girly. Let's make it as overt, consumeristic and cloying as we can.

Umm that's this book. Painful, painful, painful. Makes me want to stomp poodles and shoot tiaras to smithereens. It's the kind of book you imagine a 'Toddlers and Tiaras'gal hugging to her chest. It's the kind of book that only in my nightmares I'd give my little girl. Even if
Margaret
A three and a half we're getting to a fun stage of pink and purple with a thrill and love of princesses. At a glance I thought this was a very cute "pink princess" book and then I saw the "as seen on the Ellen Show" and I have to admit that made me lose desire to read it. I'm not much of a day time TV show host kind of gal and certain hosts do not appeal so that turned me away when I assume it is suppose to appeal. Anyway back to the book, it is cute and pink and has all things for a girlie tea ...more
Joella www.cinjoella.com
This is one of those books girls who love pink will want to read over and over again. However, it is not as good as The Very Fairy Princess or Fancy Nancy, so be prepared to enjoy the pink and then pull out other pink books. Fun addition to a book display at a tea party though.
Becky
Apr 29, 2013 Becky rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s
There's no story. Sophia Grace and Rosie don't have to solve any problems. They face no challenges. They don't have to think. They don't have to do anything, really, except wave magic wands, throw glitter absolutelyeverywhere, and go to sleep -- and then everything they want is handed to them. The illustrations are adorable, yes, and I do love these two little girls, but I wouldn't buy this book for a child.
Alice
Dec 26, 2014 Alice rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
Being in Fancy Nancy Party mode I thought this book was cute. Little girls are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE it...I have a feeling I won't be able to keep it on the shelf of our library...however for me...an adult...who isn't in love with girlie things or pink....wanted to shoot myself in the head before it was over. It was too pink..too sweet....too adorable to sparkly. I do like the illustration they are sparkly and fun but...it is not going on my favorite book list. It is semi adorable that this st ...more
Alexandria Stephens
Most people have heard of Sophia Grace and Rosie by now. After appearing on the Ellen show, their charismatic personalities are all over YouTube and other blogging sites. Their story book, Tea Time with Sophia Grace and Rosie, is a super cute book about all things girly. This book is a realistic fiction picture book because the girls do things that most little girls their age are interested in. Stereotypically, the boys in a classroom may not be so interested in this book but it can be used to t ...more
Melissa
Mar 07, 2013 Melissa rated it did not like it
OMG. This book is every little girl cliche smothered in pink cotton candy, which then wraps around you and traps you like a spider preserves a fly. Every molecule of estrogen in my body was screaming in pain and protest with every turn of the page. I feel like I should watch a monster truck rally or something just to cleanse the palate and restore some sense of cosmic literary balance.

Ugh.
Kelsey
Apr 13, 2013 Kelsey rated it it was ok
Age: Preschool (because I can't imagine the "storyline" will be interesting to older kids)

This book will definitely go out. The actual Sophia Grace and Rosie tell their dream party to Orli Zuravicky who definitely captures a young child's...fast-paced imagination. Let's make the invitations! Let's talk about fairy dust! Let's talk about Disneyland! The end.
Allison
Mar 12, 2013 Allison rated it did not like it
Horrible. Not at all a good story. Especially after reading The Very Fairy Princess Follows Her Heart. THAT book is a 4 star book. This one...I refuse to read it to my kids. There's too many other good stories out there.
Jessica
Jul 29, 2014 Jessica rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s-books
My girls liked this book because it was pink, there were little girls they could identify with, there are tiaras, and tutus. That's where the fun ends. The story is not well written (Fairy dust appears in the middle of the book for no apparent reason -- I thought a page was missing!) It's a little disjointed in areas and as one person pointed out there really is a lack of "conflict" in the story... nothing to really make happen.

It's sweet that they are such good friends and they want to spend th
Vicki
Apr 08, 2013 Vicki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
If you know Sophia Grace and Rosie, you will love this fun book!
Megan Renner
Apr 08, 2014 Megan Renner rated it it was amazing
Shelves: etl-2368
Brownlee, S. (2013). Tea time with sophia grace and rosie. New York: Scholastic.

They are two cousins planning a tea party. They go through all the steps such as where will the party be, what will they wear, what will they eat and who they will invite. Eventually at the end when each girl thought they other was sleeping, she put a present under the other girls pillow. It was an invitation to invite each other to the party. I thought this story was cute. The illustrations also match the story pe
Miss Balzaretti
Tea Time with Sophia Grace and Rosie by Sophia Grace Brownlee & Rosie McClelland and illustrated by Shelagh McNicholas tells a simple story of two Cousins, the authors, planning a tea party. This book is unique as it is written by two girls about themselves and the adventures they share together. The book incorporates a lot of imagination, glitter, and of course pink. The illustrations in this book support the story line with captivating graphics and lots of details. Although the story has a ...more
Mrs. Schulman
Title: Tea Time With Sophia Grace and Rosie
Author: Sophia Grace Brownlee and Rosie McClelland
Illustrator: Shelagh McNicholas
Publisher: Orchard Books, an imprint of Scholastic Inc.
Publication Year: 2013
ISBN: 978-0-545-50214-6
Number of pages: unpaged
Price: $17.99
Format: Board book, Easy reader, Fiction, Graphic novel, Nonfiction, Picturebook
Genre: Adventure, Biography, Board Book. Fairy tale/Folklore, Graphic Novel, Historical Fiction. Horrow, Humor, Mystery, Poetry, Picture book, Realistic Fictio
Beverly
Jan 28, 2016 Beverly rated it really liked it
I love these 2 little British girls who have been on the Ellen Show so many times and I just couldn't pass up the chance to read this. My son and his family gave me the book for my birthday. It's just a sweet book and I love the illustrations.
Brittany
Dec 10, 2013 Brittany rated it liked it
Let's get this straight, I LOVE Sophia Grace and Rosie from the Ellen Show (look them up on YouTube- adorbs!), but, without letting my bias get in the way, this book was alright. The cousins plan cheerfully girly tea party planning, filled with sparkles and tutus and pink and faries and... basically anything a girly girl would need. They decide to each invite someone and keep their guest a surprise- and maybe the two were surprised, but a clever reader would known in an instant where this plot l ...more
Kimberly
Jan 19, 2016 Kimberly rated it really liked it
This is a really good book. The illustrations are cute and the story ends sweet.
Barbara
Mar 05, 2013 Barbara rated it it was ok
Although it's not my thing, this picture book will appeal to many young girls who dream of dancing or who enjoy the idea of having a tea party with a close friend or two. I didn't mind the frills and the pink or even the affection between Sophia Grace and Rosie, but the way they talk is just too much to be believed. Maybe they need to be seen to be believed, but I just couldn't deal with the fancy beds and the preoccupation with parties when there's so much else in the world on which to focus. C ...more
Cosette
Jun 08, 2014 Cosette rated it did not like it
I don't get it
Fatima
Aug 13, 2014 Fatima rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Good
Heather
Apr 10, 2013 Heather rated it did not like it
I choose children's books based on illustrations for the most part. This one is cute, however, by page two I was hoping this book would end. My daughter was enthralled by the beautiful princess-y illustrations, but the storyline is both boring and poorly written. I'd never heard of these 2 apparently famous girls before, so all the power to them to do well, but this book was a real struggle to get through for this mom. Its really not recommended, unless you want to see how bad it really is.
Mary
This is a lovely story to read to little girls--especially ones who love pink, princesses, and tea parties!
Sophia Grace and Rosie are planning the greatest tea party ever. They decide all of the details together, and plan to surprise each other with the guest each chooses!
A fanciful tale with bright, colorful pictures, this book brings out the feeling of two little girls playing make believe. Some of the words may be challenging to younger readers.
Cathy
Mar 13, 2013 Cathy rated it it was ok
The girls are my favorite Ellen Show guests and I think it's smart that they (and their families) are capitalizing on their fame. But there's nothing particularly special about this book, it's a somewhat cute bit of fluff. There isn't anything about it that would stand out at all if it wasn't about Sophia Grace and Rosie, and it doesn't do much to capture their personalities as well. It's just a nice little book book,
Candice
May 14, 2013 Candice rated it did not like it
Shelves: picture-books
This has got to be the WORST children's book I have ever read. Horrible little girls, although sweetly illustrated. The pink princesses theme doesn't really bother me, but the creepy closeness of the two cousins and their exclusionary talk and behavior does. How do books like this get published?
Vikki
Mar 08, 2013 Vikki rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-book
I love Sophia Grace and Rosie! How cool that they wrote a book. I loved it! I have been fans of theirs since they started - at 5 & 8 years old. I thought it was a darling book- just like them.
Jenn O'Brien
Mar 25, 2013 Jenn O'Brien rated it liked it
If your little girl is obsessed with pink, princesses, tutus, glitter, etc. then. she will like this story. The rest of the population is going to have a toothache from the sugaryness.
Diane Hall
Aug 19, 2013 Diane Hall rated it really liked it
I thought this was so fun to see that Sophia Grace and Rosie had a book. I loved the illustrations and could hear Sophia Grace and Rosie's voices so clearly in my head. Cute, girly book.
Beverly
Apr 07, 2013 Beverly rated it liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
Kind of saccharine sweet, but the little girls are adorable. I didn't realize until the book was in hand that the little girls are based on two real little girls from England.
Barbara
How to host a tea party, complete with tutus, sweets, and hand written invitations. Loved them on Ellen and now they've created a very little girl princess book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Ladybug Girl and the Bug Squad
  • The Blessing Cup
  • Skeleton for Dinner
  • Clink
  • An Awesome Book of Love!
  • Return of the Library Dragon