Start by marking “Betty Bunny Didn't Do It” as Want to Read:
Betty Bunny Didn't Do It

Betty Bunny Didn't Do It (Betty Bunny)

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  165 ratings  ·  45 reviews
The value of honesty as seen through the eyes of a lovably precocious preschooler.
When Betty Bunny breaks a lamp, she blames it on the Tooth Fairy. Blaming someone else for something she had done seems like such a good idea to Betty Bunny, she doesn’t know why she didn't think of it before. “Is that the honest truth?” her mom asks. “It’s an honest lie,” Betty Bunny replie
Published February 21st 2013 by Dial

To ask other readers questions about Betty Bunny Didn't Do It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Betty Bunny Didn't Do It

Tasha
I’m a Betty Bunny fan, since I enjoy protagonists in children’s books who have a feel of being a real kid. Betty Bunny in this third book in the series breaks a lamp when her siblings refuse to play with her. When she is asked about it, she blames it on the Tooth Fairy. Betty Bunny thinks this works so very well that she’s surprised it hadn’t occurred to her to try it before. But things quickly unravel when her mother asks if she’s telling the truth. Betty admits to telling an “honest lie” and i ...more
Lisa Nagel
Cute story about a bunny that is trying out something new, telling lies! Betty has caused some mischief and rather than fess up she decides that the tooth fairy may be to blame. When that seems to get her in more trouble, she starts to learn the lesson of telling the truth. A fun picture book that young readers may be able to relate to as they try to avoid getting into trouble.
Marcie
My family loves Betty Bunny. Still more of Kaplan's great lines have become part of our family's lexicon. Now the tooth fairy is often found as the culprit in misdeeds. And tonight my 4-year-old answered a question with "I can't tell you. I'll hurt my feelings," followed by an impish grin as she darted out of the room (my Betty Bunny of the moment).
Whole And
A truly delightful and funny read in dealing with the issue of honesty.

We had such a great time following Betty Bunny's story telling of how the tooth fairy broke the lamp. Each sibling has a different way of approaching Betty Bunny and mom of course, wants her to tell the truth.

I love how the story twists so that when something else gets broken, everyone thinks its Betty Bunny again and don't believe her when she truthfully states it wasn't her fault this time. This demonstrates to the child th
Libby
Unlike Betty Bunny Loves Chocolate Cake, this one took me two reads to like it at all, and even then it's only ok. The kids seem to like it, but haven't asked for it over and over again (admittedly, I said no twice, so they may just have given up). Betty Bunny learns about why lying is wrong, but it takes at least 3 tries to figure out some of the ins and outs. I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with the book; it just didn't particularly appeal to me. Or maybe I just like stories about chocol ...more
Nancy
This is a tough day for Betty Bunny, she is about to learn a hard lesson when it comes to lying.

When no one wants to play with Betty, she decides to take matters into her own hands and a lamp is broken. Quickly trying to hide the evidence, she is soon caught, but instead of owning up to her actions, she devises a fantastical story involving the tooth fairy and a bag of baby teeth.

Being called out by her mother, it is explained to her that lying is not okay. Betty is sticking to her story, but
Dolly
Nov 14, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2013, childrens, humor
This is the third book in the Betty Bunny series by Michael B. Kaplan. I wasn't overly thrilled with the first two books, but I thought this one was a pretty good addition to the series.

I loved that Betty learns a valuable lesson about telling the truth in a lighthearted story. Children will be able to empathize with her, since nobody likes to get into trouble, and I like that the story reinforces the difference between always telling the truth and being kind to others (especially if the truth
Beth Starcher
This book had a good lesson behind it because it was about how you shouldn't lie and how you should tell the truth. I did not like this book though because there was a lot of words on the page with small print. Also there was a lot of words in different areas which would make it a little hard for younger readers to read. Overall I think the point of showing the bad, then the good was a good order for author but I just did not like the book as much as I thought I would have.
Ellen
This was a great book to teach the kids why lying is bad. I only gave it 4 stars though because of the line, "Mom is going to kill you," which I just skipped when I read it to my children who can't read yet.
Margaret
Jun 14, 2014 Margaret marked it as hardcopy-review-to-read
Recommended to Margaret by: Dolly Parton's Imagination Library
My edition is a special paperback 9780525427025 from the Dolly Parton's Imagination Library.
Perry
A great read aloud and a funny lesson on the importance of telling the truth.
Katie Roseveare
Excellent picture book to use discussing, trust and making good choices.
Maquoketa
This series is a lot of fun for kids.
Jenny
Another book with a big Message. A bit heavy-handed.
Robin Rockman
Cute, but a lot of the humor will go over kids' heads.
Mylinh
Great book about lying and telling the truth
Judy Desetti
Jan 16, 2014 Judy Desetti rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Judy by: SLJ
This just wasn't one I enjoyed. It was too busy and too wordy for a great read aloud, which is what I was looking for.
Kim
I could see so many of the kids I have watched in this book, along with the "nieces","nephew", and yes myself, even if I am an only child. Betty is bored when none of her siblings will play with her, so she takes matters into her own paws and learns a valuable lesson about telling the truth verses telling a lie. Delightful art work will keep your little bunny wanting more Betty and her world.
Kate McCartney
Not as cute as Betty Bunny Loves Chocolate Cake, but Betty Bunny is back. Betty Bunny breaks a lamp but she doesn't want to get in trouble for it so she tells her mother the Tooth Fairy did it. Betty Bunny decides that lying is the best! When her families blames her for something she didn't do, she figures out that maybe lying isn't as fun as she thought.
Karen Arendt
Betty Bunny is the epitome of young children everywhere! In her newest Osborn, she breaks a lamp and decides to lie to get out of trouble. This leads to more lies until Betty Bunny learns the importance of truth and when to not be so truthful. An excellent character education book that children will identify with and embrace.
Kathy Ellen Davis
I like Betty Bunny.
I think she's fun.
I loved seeing her brothers and sisters in this one too.
I don't know, while it was fun, it still felt like there was a lesson to it.
But it would be a good way to bring up lying and why it's not ok...
So I still think it's worth a read and the illustrations are great too!
Mary
This is a great story to tell children about the importance of not lying. Betty Bunny lies about breaking a lamp and finds it such fun that she continues. Her family gets mad at her for lying; she learns that it is better to tell the truth, even if someone will be upset. The pictures are great!
Ami
I love Betty Bunny. I really, really do. However, I am extremely thankful that she isn't my 'little handful.' All in all, this third book in the Betty Bunny series was lovely. Perhaps not as lovely as the original "Betty Bunny Loves Chocolate Cake," but it was still well done.
Bethe
#nerdlution day 10. I still like the illustrations, this book is better than the last one where Betty was a bit of a brat. Again the family dynamics ring true, I like the teenage brother's solution - hide under the rug! Good message and surprise at the end.
midnightfaerie
We love Betty Bunny! A book my 6 yr old as well as my twin 3 yr olds loved. A solid reading level 1 book, this cute story keeps all ages engaged with the bright colorful pictures and cute story. A great addition to any children's library.
Carrie Gelson
As a read aloud - this book gets big points. My own children couldn't stop giggling. Think they appreciated how Betty's logic was so absolutely silly but yet worked for her age/stage. Look forward to testing this my class - a younger group of kids.
Marshmallowlemonade
cute illustrations but the story is a little tiresome and precious (not in a good way). Final take away could be construed that you should only tell the truth if it doesn't hurt someone else's feelings.
Amy Mccarty
!!!1/3/13 MD
Barb Simpson
I like stories that deal with issues kids can relate to, & all kids go through phases of lying. Like the time Curious George wrote in crayon on my oldest sons bedroom wall :)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Pecan Pie Baby
  • Rain!
  • Super Hair-o and the Barber of Doom
  • Big Red Lollipop
Betty Bunny Loves Chocolate Cake Betty Bunny Wants Everything Betty Bunny Wants a Goal Betty Bunny Is Very Busy