Start by marking “Merry Market Murder (A Farmers' Market Mystery, #5)” as Want to Read:
Merry Market Murder (A Farmers' Market Mystery, #5)

Merry Market Murder (Farmers' Market #5)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  282 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Bailey’s Farmers’ Market is this season’s go-to holiday destination, but not all the vendors are feeling the Christmas spirit...

Jam and preserve maker Becca Robins is excited about the extra business that the Ridgeway Christmas Tree Farm is bringing to the market this holiday season. But when a competing tree farmer, Reggie Stuckey, arrives with a truck full of trees, angr
Published December 3rd 2013 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Merry Market Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Merry Market Murder

Mayda
Dec 24, 2015 Mayda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, christmas, cozies
Becca Robbins sells her jams and cookies at Bailey’s Farmers’ Market, but being busy baking, canning, and selling doesn’t curtail her curiosity or prevent her from investigating a murder that occurred at the market. Her forthright personality just makes her forge ahead, regardless of possible dangers. This Christmas cozy has it all: great characters, an intricate plot, clues for the reader to follow, accurate background material about the press in the 1980‘s, tasty recipes, and a dog named Hobbi ...more
Bridgett Gallagher
Jan 01, 2016 Bridgett Gallagher rated it liked it
On a scale of 1 to Coco, Merry Market Murder comes in at a 6. It would have been higher had the ending been more satisfying and the plot holes smaller. Also, points lost for no jalapeño mint jam recipe in the back! However, the characters were fun, the farmer's markets and tree farms were excellent settings, and the cozy animal sidekicks (especially Batman the Goose) were great! I don't know that I would read other books in this series but it was successful cozy stocking stuffer for sure!
Tracy
Oct 22, 2015 Tracy rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Merry Market Murder by Paige Shelton Jam and preserve maker Becca Robins finds time in between canning jam for Bailey's Market, baking cookies for the Christmas Tree Parade and dating a police officer to nose around into the murder of a Christmas Tree Farm vendor. Becca'sonly clues to the killer are mysterious ornaments that begin to show up in her stall.

This 5th book of the Farmers' Market cozy mystery series will make you pine for a Christmas tree even if it's not Christmas yet.
Debbie Lester
Jan 02, 2014 Debbie Lester rated it it was amazing
Paige Shelton creates a perfect balance between murder and merriment in her latest book in the Farmer's Market Mystery series, Merry Market Murder. Shelton's ability to set the scene is remarkable and Monson, South Carolina is a place readers want to return to time and again. Shelton's characters are ready to celebrate the Christmas season when murder comes to town right along with Santa. A great addition to a wonderful series based on mystery and farm fresh products.

What I liked:

The first thin
Dharia Scarab
Oct 22, 2014 Dharia Scarab rated it really liked it

4 sta
Sandy Todd
Jul 05, 2015 Sandy Todd rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Shelton's Farmer's Market mysteries just keep getting better and better with each new installment!
Fred
Nov 25, 2013 Fred rated it really liked it
Merry Market Murder is the fifth book in the A Farmer's Market Mystery series.

Christmas is just around the corner and everyone is looking forward to decorating Main Street and Christmas Trees that will auctioned off at silent auction. The Ridgeway family has been given an exclusive contract to sell Christmas trees at Bailey's Farmers' Market this year. As they are unloading their trees, Reggie Stuckey, another tree farmer in the area, arrives and claims to also have an exclusive sell contract. T
Debbie
Nov 20, 2013 Debbie rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
"Merry Market Murder" is a cozy mystery. It's the fifth book in a series. You don't need to read the previous novels to follow this one, and this book didn't spoil the whodunit of the previous novels.

The mystery was a clue-based puzzle mystery. I saw how the clues were fitting together long before Becca caught on, but Becca didn't have many "this is obviously a clue" to work with. She had to untangle the relationships of everyone involved before she ventured to guess why people didn't like each
LORI CASWELL
Dec 05, 2013 LORI CASWELL rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2013
This is the fifth installment of the Farmer’s Market Mystery Series featuring fraternal twin sisters Allison and Becca Robins. Allison manages Bailey’s Farm Market and Becca is a vendor selling her jams and preserves.

Ridgeway Christmas Tree Farm has decided to add a booth at Bailey’s Farmers’ Market this year. Most of the regular vendors are excited about it until another tree farmer, Reggie Stuckey, arrives with a truck full of trees and tries to claim he has an exclusive contract to sell them.
Sharon Chance
Dec 08, 2013 Sharon Chance rated it it was amazing

I love Paige Shelton's "Farmer's Market Mystery" series, and I really enjoyed this latest story, "Merry Market Murder," the fifth book in this series. Not only does Paige entertain her readers with a lively and captivating mystery, she adds in a generous dose of holiday spirit that makes this book just a delight to read.

With a reoccurring cast of fun and personable characters, and the charming setting of the hometown farmer's market, readers will feel like they are coming home for a visit at C
Kourtney
Dec 11, 2013 Kourtney rated it it was amazing
Terrific setting, lovable characters, and a great mystery all come together in this fabulous book.

This cozy mystery is the fifth installment of Paige Shelton's Farmers' Market Mystery series. I love returning to Monson, South Carolina and hanging out with Becca Robins. She’s a delightful protagonist and it’s like getting to spend time with an old friend. In Merry Market Murder, we meet a few new characters with ties to the market and Monson. It fun to go somewhere familiar and still discover so
Melina
Dec 19, 2013 Melina rated it it was amazing
This was my first visit to Bailey’s Farmers Market, but it sure won’t be my last. I would actually like to visit Bailey’s Farmers Market for real, I just hope there wouldn’t be a murder if I did get to visit. I don’t know if I would like Becca’s Jalapeno Mint Jelly or not, as I don’t like jalapenos, but I would try her other preserves.

This was a very good cozy that kept me guessing till the very end. It was filled with quirky characters. Two rival Christmas tree farmers claim they had the exclu
Melody
Feb 02, 2016 Melody rated it really liked it
It's Christmas at Baileys Farmers market and a temporary vendor selling Christmas trees is in the parking lot. All is well until another Christmas tree vendor shows up claiming an exclusive contract. How could two vendors both get exclusive contracts? And is it really worth murdering someone over? And why is someone leaving Becca homemade Christmas ornaments? A seasonal read.
Lisa Shafer
Dec 07, 2013 Lisa Shafer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, christmas
The fun continues in this, the fifth book of the Farmers' Market series. However, a reader could just "drop in" to this one and read it as a stand-alone and still figure out what's going on. Shelton is very good at giving the reader the essential background knowledge.
One of the minor characters from previous Market mysterious becomes important in Merry Market Murder when he works himself into a frenzy over some Christmas tree sellers getting a temporary booth at the farmers' market, and when a d
Claudia Cheyne
Apr 04, 2014 Claudia Cheyne rated it really liked it
The latest in the Farmer's Market Mystery series has Sam and Becca as a new couple getting to know more about one another. The town of Monson is preparing for Christmas when a murder takes place at the market. Old characters are part of the story as well as some new ones as the plot thickens. These are enjoyable reads that take you to the South Carolina farming region.
Michael A
Apr 18, 2014 Michael A rated it liked it
This time our heroine is not in over her head. She is still nosey but not stupid as in so many past books. Of course at the end she is in harms way but that is the norm for the 'tea and cozy' format. But she is just going with the flow for the majority of the book and learns a lot but does not push into the mystery as she has before.
Priscilla Herrington
A murder at a farmers market give Becca a chance to indulge her innate nosiness in tandem with her cop boyfriend, Sam. The market is open year round, and this incident occurs just before Christmas.

Not a bad way to spend a couple hours if you enjoy cozy mysteries!
Sarah Adamson
Feb 11, 2014 Sarah Adamson rated it it was ok
A cozy mystery - apparently number 5 in The series. I'm sorry that this book didn't catch me enough. I enjoyed parts of it but I just didn't really bond with most of the characters.
Seasidepurl
Apr 15, 2014 Seasidepurl rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Paige's latest in the series and can't wait for the next in this fun and very well written series.
Jeanie Harper
Sep 23, 2015 Jeanie Harper rated it it was amazing
Becca's sleucing skills are awesome, and her romance with Sam is cute too.
Finished this series.
Kayt18
Jan 22, 2014 Kayt18 rated it it was amazing
Another great one in the Farmers Market Mystery series. Love the Christmas theme in this one. Well developed characters. Fun and interesting read. Paige Shelton has done it again. Love the setting and would love to visit it and the whole gang
Charlene
Mar 29, 2015 Charlene rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
First cozy farmer's market mystery I've read. It was satisfying but not challenging.
Feb 15, 2014 Laura rated it really liked it
loved this----I like the "romantic" change with the main character.
Trisha
Jan 18, 2014 Trisha rated it it was amazing
2014-01-14. I really enjoyed this. It's nice to have Becca finally settling on one guy. Loved the mystery and it kept me guessing the whole time. The Christmas traditions that they had were real neat. Loved how everything fit together. Probably my favorite in this series.
Peggi Warner-lalonde
A fun and light read. Perfect for the season.
Phyl
May 05, 2014 Phyl rated it really liked it
Very good series 4.5/5 stars ...
Ginny
Mar 03, 2014 Ginny rated it really liked it
I am a sucker for Christmas-themed cozies and Paige Shelton does not disappoint with Merry Market Murder. I love this series, and setting a Christmas-themed story at a Farmer's Market is brilliant. Once again we get to explore the world of Becca, Sam, Allison and all the other regulars at Bailey's Farmers' Market. The plot is engaging with enough twists to keep me guessing until the end. If you enjoy cozies, pick up a copy of Merry Market Murder or any of Paige Shelton's mysteries. You won't be ...more
Julia
Dec 29, 2013 Julia rated it liked it
Competing Christmas tree farmers set the stage for a holiday themed mystery at Bailey's Farmer's Market. A year round market, the holiday wares help draw more customers to the area and when one of the farmers is found murdered, Becca decides to help investigate. The book meanders through several new characters, some old family South Carolina politics and scandals, all of which leads nicely to a hard to guess ending.
Rebecca
Dec 28, 2013 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Paige Shelton has done it again!! Another fabulous installment in the "Farmers Market Series" !!
I love spending an afternoon with Becca and Hobbit and all the vendors down at Bailey's..

This is one of my best loved series, and gets better with each book..I cannot wait to see what adventure we go on next!
Nicky
Jul 22, 2014 Nicky rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Loved the setting for this book, especially since it's about 90 degrees outside right now. I could almost smell the pine trees. I like that Becca's relationship is moving forward and that she wasn't so obsessed with the murder like the other books. The plot was ok, I wasn't sure of the killer so that kept it interesting. Not sure that I loved the motive though.
  • Silent Knife (Celebration Bay, #2)
  • The Proof is in the Pudding (A Della Cooks Mystery #3)
  • Steamed to Death (A Gourmet De-Lite Mystery #2)
  • One Dead Cookie (Cookie Cutter Shop Mystery, #4)
  • The Diva Frosts a Cupcake (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #7)
  • Golden Malicious (Orchard, #7)
  • Town in a Pumpkin Bash  (A Candy Holliday Mystery, #4)
  • Slay Bells (Pennyfoot Hotel Mystery, #14)
  • Pecan Pies and Homicides (A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery #3)
  • The Christmas Cookie Killer (A Fresh-Baked Mystery, #3)
  • Jingle Bell Bark (Melanie Travis, #11)
  • Treacherous Tart (Pie iinthe Sky Mystery, #2)
  • Treacherous Toys
  • Bowled Over (Vintage Kitchen Mystery, #2)
  • Topped Chef   (Key West Food Critic Mystery #3)
  • The Legend of Sleepy Harlow (League of Literary Ladies #3)
  • Mrs. Jeffries and the Merry Gentlemen
  • A Killer's Christmas in Wales (Penny Brannigan Mystery #3)

Farmers' Market (6 books)
  • Farm Fresh Murder (A Farmers' Market Mystery, #1)
  • Fruit of All Evil (A Farmers' Market Mystery, #2)
  • Crops and Robbers (A Farmers' Market Mystery, #3)
  • A Killer Maize (A Farmers' Market Mystery, #4)
  • Bushel Full of Murder