Start by marking “Ruby: Lost & Found (Stones of Power #1)” as Want to Read:
Ruby: Lost & Found (Stones of Power #1)

Ruby: Lost & Found (Stones of Power #01)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Morgorth is a mage on the planet Karishian. There is little he hates more than the Stones of Power -- gemstones infused with magick by the first seven mages ever born. So when a sorcerer gets hold of a major stone, a ruby, Morgorth has no choice but to go after him. But, to his irritation, he is not alone. Aishe is a dialen whose tribe was massacred by the sorcerer, and is ...more
Published August 8th 2012 by Torquere Press (first published August 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Ruby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruby

Ayanna
This is completely unlike anything I've ever read before.

The cover's interesting. It's all manga-esque and stuff.

You know, it was good. It was really good. The world was created nicely and the characterization was well-handled. Even when Morgorth was all in his self-hatey mode, he was endearing and not a stuck-up ass. There weren't dissonant moments when he described his beauteousness such as exists in Twilight, for example, or...other stuff I shan't name.

I liked the character interactions and h
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post:
Book Review: Ruby: Lost and Found by M.D. Grimm

Review by: Ray
My Rating: 4 of 5 Stars

M. D. Grimm has a vivid imagination. Not only has she created an interesting world, she has populated it with fascinating creatures. There are humans of varying races, and there are fanciful creatures, some friendly some not so friendly.

Morgorth is not only a powerful mage, he is the “seventh son of a seventh son,” a creature the prophecies say will ultimately destroy the world. Which is why h
Jana Denardo
Heather C Wright
The characters were really engaging and I was riveted to the action through most of the book. There were lulls when things slowed down a bit which were nice when I need a place to stop so I could actually get some sleep though. I was always eager to dive back in after a break though, and I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Susan
I received a copy of MD Grimm’s Ruby: Lost and Found that introduced me to the intriguing world of Karishian and the mage Morgorth. Although Morgorth calls himself a Dark Mage, he is delightfully snarky, full of Earth references, and genuinely decent. He meets Aishe, a being very similar to elvish, in the defense of a village from an evil sorcerer. The two MCs set off on a quest to vanquish the evil sorcerer who stole a stone of power from Aishe’s tribe, wiping them out in the process. Most of t ...more
Becky Condit
Lucky Reviews Ruby Lost and Found by MD Grimm http://www.mrsconditreadsbooks.com/?p... 4.5 sweet peas
K
Dec 15, 2014 K marked it as to-read
Torquere 12 days of Christmas freebie 15.12.14
Joleen
Dec 15, 2014 Joleen marked it as pdpm
Shelves: mm
Free at Torquere today, 12-15-14
G G
I'm a big fan of fantasy epics, and this one fills the bill.

There's not much that I can say about this book that hasn't already been said. The story does jump back and forth in time a bit, but you get used to it--eventually. In any case, the jumping back and forth in time doesn't detract from the story. Not one bit.

This reader is eagerly awaiting the next book in this series.
Andrea
Well written, good depth and character development. No cliffhanger but definitely want to read about their next adventure. Slow, slow burn - loved that.
Tamarrion Lash
Очень миленько, хоть временами и занудно.
Debbie
Debbie added it
Mar 29, 2015
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Ledi Flo
Ledi Flo marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Marsha Spence
Marsha Spence marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
TaraG
TaraG marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Jilly
Jilly marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Stones of Power (3 books)
  • Peridot: War and Peace (Stones of Power #2)
  • Amethyst: Bow and Arrow (Stones of Power #3)
Psychic Moon (The Shifters #1) Blind Devotion (The Shifters #3) Love is a Whirlwind (The Shifters #2) Celtic Warrior and Wolf Spirit (sequel to Psychic Moon) Healing Minds (The Shifters #5)