Start by marking “Bled & Breakfast (Immortality Bites Mystery #2; Immortality Bites #7)” as Want to Read:
Bled & Breakfast (Immortality Bites Mystery #2; Immortality Bites #7)

Bled & Breakfast (Immortality Bites Mystery #2)

Fledgling vampire Sarah Dearly knew what she was getting into when she married master vampire Thierry de Bennicoeur. As an agent of the Ring, Thierry is sent all over the world to solve vampire crimes and keep them secret from humans. And now Sarah’s on the job with him—for better or worse.

Right after their wedding in Las Vegas, Sarah and Thierry get their next assignment
Published June 4th 2013 by NAL (first published June 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Bled & Breakfast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bled & Breakfast

Erin-Jayne Lloyd
Jun 03, 2013 Erin-Jayne Lloyd rated it it was amazing
Amazing, can't for for Summer 2014 for the next one!! Love the series!!
Catherine Crook
Sep 12, 2012 Catherine Crook rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal-love
Michelle Rowen is a GENIUS! These characters are really some of my favorites. And in this installment Sarah had to work to save Thierry. :-) Such a different plot then usual. And Salem was such a fun location! I think these might be my favorite vampires!
Deborah Armstrong
Mar 06, 2017 Deborah Armstrong rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading Michelle Rowen. I must admit that I didn't know what to expect and I was pleasantly surprised. Vampires with a sense of humour and they drink coffee! What's not to like. Michelle Rowen's writing is witty, funny and engaging. This is an entertaining suspense with many twists and turns that will keep the reader on the edge of their seat while all the time smiling at the humour of it all. Lookinglooking forward to reading Blood Bath & Beyond.
Chelsey
May 28, 2013 Chelsey rated it really liked it
This is not my first read by Michelle Rowen, so I am very familiar with her paranormal writing style and I loved her first book in this cozy mystery series. She truly is a talented writer because she can write from the perspective of many different characters and color in the lines when it comes to writing different genres. I believe that this truly is a gift! But we are here to talk about this particular series in which our lovely heroine, Sarah Dearly, helps her husband solve mysteries having ...more
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Jun 19, 2014 Jessica (a GREAT read) rated it really liked it
Michelle Rowen's Bled & Breakfast continues vampires, Thierry and Sarah's story and this time, they're married (finally, apparently since I didn't read their first series!)! And the Ring has sent them on yet another task, this time in Salem where three master vampires have been reported missing.

Thierry and Sarah check into a quaint bed and breakfast place run by a young woman and her grandmother and Sarah soon learns how witches didn't really leave Salem at all and that Heather, (the young i
Ariel
Nov 30, 2013 Ariel rated it it was amazing
The Ring cut their honeymoon short and send Sarah and master vampire husband, Thierry to Salem, Massachusetts to investigate several master vampires disappearing. Sarah has barely been in Salem a half hour before she, and she alone, sees the ghost of a famed old Salem witch hunter. Thierry meets another vampire in town, Owen, to begin his investigation. But, it isn't until Owen is struck "dead" before their eyes by an invisible hand, leaving only a stain on the sidewalk, that they realize they a ...more
Anne Stoddard
May 23, 2013 Anne Stoddard rated it it was amazing
Fresh off of an exciting adventure in Las Vegas (see Book 1, Blood Bath & Beyond), fledgling vampire Sarah Dearly and her master vampire lover, Thierry, get their next assignment: investigating the disappearances of three vampires in Salem, Massachusetts. Their contact in Salem is Owen, an old acquaintance of Thierry’s with a playboy reputation. Before he can aid in their search for the other vampires, Owen ends up as nothing more than a stain on the driveway of the Booberry Inn, the bed &am ...more
Cheryl Landmark
Jun 12, 2014 Cheryl Landmark rated it really liked it
Fun, wacky, spooky, twisty, delightful, engaging, exciting--all suitable words to describe this second helping of Thierry and Sarah's vampiric adventures. The setting of Salem, infamous for its witch trials and horrific history, was perfect, and the book was chock full of vampires, creepy ghosts and malevolent/good witches, and even a warty toad with secrets of his own!

True to her nature, Sarah was once again endearing, impulsive, stubborn, rash, snarky, sarcastic and fiercely determined to help
OpenBookSociety.com

Brought to you by OBS reviewer Dawn

Thierry and Sarah have traveled to Salem on an assignment for “The Ring.”

Sarah can communicate with ghosts and when a witch from the past makes himself known, she can’t figure out what the heck is going on.

The Ring’s Markus has Sarah trying to dig into Thierry’s past despite the fact that he was one of their founders. She has no choice but to do their bidding.

It took me a while to get into the book. There are a lot of cha
Robin
Jul 29, 2013 Robin rated it it was amazing
Since beginning my infatuation with the paranormal romance genre three years ago, Michelle Rowen has become one of my top five authors, and her Immortality Bites series is my favorite of her series. The evolution of her characters Sarah Dearly and Thierry de Bennicourt and their relationship has been both poignant and hilarious. For those who hold to the philosophy that once a romantic couple close the deal they become less interesting Rowen proves them wrong in these last two novels where she m ...more
Teresa
4.5 Stars

This is the first book I've read by Michelle Rowen. But it will not be my last. I have already tagged almost all of her books onto my TBR shelf.
I like the hero, Theirry but I absolutely love the heroine, Sarah Dearly. Newly married to the hero, a master vampire that is almost 700 years old. She is also a newly turned vampire. I love the concept and the characters are all well developed and the plot is solid.

In this book the newly weds have been sent to Salem Massachusetts by a secre
Cindy
Jul 23, 2013 Cindy rated it really liked it
Fledgling vampire Sarah Dearly and master vampire Thierry de Bennicoeur have finally tied the knot...but no honeymoon is in the cards for them right now, as an investigator for the Ring of Vampire elders, Thierry is sent to Salem, Mass. to investigate the mysterious disappearance of several master vampires. While being escorted to a local Bed and Breakfast their welcoming vampire, the areas lothario, literally goes up in smoke, leaving behind one pissed off ghost. Sarah and Thierry ask the Bed a ...more
TheGeekyBlogger
Apr 09, 2013 TheGeekyBlogger rated it really liked it
Read for Fun (Paperback)
Overall Rating: 4.50
Story Rating: 4.50
Character Rater: 4.50

First Thought when Finished: I just adore Sarah Dearly and her escapades!

Story Thoughts: Salem is the perfect setting for Bled & Breakfast! I pretty much giggled, gasped, and cheered through out the whole book. Who would have thought that in Salem you would have witches, ghosts, and vampires who refuse to die (even when made into sand). What can I say? I was sucker for all the paranormal elements that gone thr
Elizabeth D.
Aug 09, 2016 Elizabeth D. rated it really liked it
The more I get into these stories the more I like them. A bit formulaic but the familiar (and I don't mean toads or black cats) is not necessarily a bad thing if it is entertaining. This book focused on witches in Salem and introduced several complex characters that were rather intriguing. The interaction between Sarah and her husband Thierry is believable and mature. I really like the sense of humour in the story and the regular pop culture references are fun.

I'm not typically a paranormal rom
Alice Liu
Jun 19, 2013 Alice Liu rated it it was amazing
Just because a master vampire finds redemption, doesn't mean he will stop and ask for directions. At least, that is what Sarah Dearly is discovering about her new husband, Thierry de Bennicoeur. The two find themselves in a rather large pickle while on a working honeymoon in Salem. With a deadly (permanent dead, not undead) timeline of three days, Thierry is resistant to Sarah's efforts to pull all the stops. Luckily Sarah has poor listening skills and ends up in double and triple pickles with w ...more
Christine
Jan 28, 2014 Christine rated it it was amazing
After their wedding in Vegas, Sarah and Thierry head to Salem, MA for his next assignment. Several vampires have gone missing and they need to figure out what happened to them. Things become complicated when their local contact, a ladies man/vamp is killed right in front of them. Although they also have to contend with some witches and ghosts, Sarah is determined to solve the mystery and enjoy her honeymoon.

One word here folks-FUNNY! I really liked everything about this book. Salem was a perfect
Darcy
Jun 16, 2013 Darcy rated it it was ok
I think that I would have liked this one better had not every Tom, Dick, and Harry been accused of being the bad guy towards the end. It was hard to keep up as it was a big reveal with the evil plan, but no that person was foiled, then another was revealed as the bad guy with another evil plan, then another. In the end the whole reason why was a little stupid.

Owen had the potential to be funny, but instead he annoyed me with his lackadaisical ways and how he felt no remorse with sleeping with a
Clare Dyer
Jun 26, 2013 Clare Dyer rated it it was amazing
It was another brilliant outing by Michelle Rowan, so easy to read I couldn't put it down. Have followed this series since the beginning and it just keeps getting better, Sarah has really grown from the early days now married to Thierry and off on honeymoon to Salem, you know its not going to be straightforward especially with the ring involved, ghosts, witches and Thierry's past what more could you want. A brilliant book to take on holiday another brilliant addition to the immortality bites ser ...more
Emma Moulton
Jun 30, 2013 Emma Moulton rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads-read
I would firstly like to thank Michelle Rowen for sending me a free copy of her book (Goodreads Firstread).

I read this book a few weeks back now but never got around to reviewing it so I will do it now.
I do love books with vampires in and this is one of them. Having not read the first one in the series, I was expecting to struggle to follow this one, but I found that it wasn't that hard to follow and wasn't hard to catch up with what was going on. I really did enjoy reading this book.
4/5
Jan 03, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: signed
Towards the end I started to guess who was responsible but there were so many other twists and turns and people involved in the mystery that kept it exciting! Thierry has really been growing on me too without Quinn stealing the spotlight. Although Thierry is supposed to be the one working for The Ring and somehow he ends up stuck in something else and Sarah solves everything LOL I don't know why he even doubts her or bothers trying to stop her.
Lori
Oct 08, 2013 Lori rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sarah Dearly is frustrating as a heroine. She is impulsive, rushes headlong into situations that have you thinking "This is going to end badly", says what she thinks, and trusts all the wrong people. In short, she's warm, genuine,funny and totally without ulterior motives; exactly what Thierry needs in his life. Once I got over my cringing over her tenancy to stumble into every pothole of life she finds, I enjoyed this series.
Jul 09, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it
This is the second of the sort of spin off series involving Sarah and Thierry solving mysteries and I think I may like them more than the main series. I enjoyed the twists and turns of the plot and it kept me guessing until the very end. And of course, all the humor and sarcasm we've come to expect from Sarah are there in all it's glory. :)
Cardyn Brooks
Jul 08, 2013 Cardyn Brooks rated it really liked it
Morgan
I liked it more than the first book in the mystery spin-off from the main series. Hence 4 stars to the original 3.

I guessed about 75% of the twisty bits but I think that's just author familiarity instead of being obvious.

Entertaining and enjoyable, especially if you enjoyed the main series of books. (Though they aren't necessary, they add a lot.)
Dr susan
Nov 26, 2013 Dr susan rated it really liked it
Sarah has changed into a much more likeable character since Bitten & Smitten, the first book of the original Immortality Bites series. Although I miss the motley supporting cast, the IB Mysteries series is very entertaining with the amount of grim and gore I have come to expect. I look forward to reading From Fear to Eternity.
Maurie
Jul 27, 2013 Maurie rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-fiction
Saw this on the library shelf and thought I'd give it a try. Really glad I did. An enjoyable lighter paranormal mystery with lots of twists and turns that kept me turning the pages and not wanting to put it down. Looking forward to going back and reading the first in the series as well as eagerly awaiting the next in the series. Always good to find a new series and a new author I enjoy.
Shelly Vk
Jul 04, 2013 Shelly Vk rated it it was ok
I definitely love the way that Michelle Rowen writes. I love her humour and attitude that she gives her characters and Sarah,
from Bled & Breakfast, has both. That being said the story moved slow and but overall was okay. It also could be that I love
Michelle Rowen's "Immortality Bites" series and I am comparing this book that series.
Cassy
Oct 07, 2013 Cassy rated it liked it
I received this book as a Goodreads winner. Great book if you're into fantasy/mystery, which I am. It was quite fast paced bordering on rushed, with so much happening in the short time frame. Loved The main characters sarcastic sense of humor and one-liners.
Jason Pym
Sep 01, 2014 Jason Pym rated it really liked it
Shelves: humour, supernatural
A vampire romantic comedy, with American sitcom humour (you can almost here the canned laughter sometimes). This sounds like it could be terrible, but it's really entertaining, fun characters and a story that all hangs together.
JG
My favorite couples are here again! I love Michelle so much for creating such wonderful characters with great romance and mystery! XD XD!
Im seriously hoping this series NEVER ends, just keep'em coming mama!
  • Brighton Road
  • Corpse in the Crystal Ball (Fortune Teller Mystery, #2)
  • A Taste of the Nightlife (Vampire Chef, #1)
  • A Hard Day's Fright (Pepper Martin #7)
  • Return to Sleepy Hollow
  • Crazy in the Blood (Latter-Day Olympians, #2)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #3)
  • Demon's Vow (The Asylum Tales #3.2)
  • Bruja Brouhaha (A Mind for Murder, #2)
  • Must Love Lycans  (Broken Heart, #8)
  • Generation 18 (Spook Squad, #2)
  • Here Comes the Vampire (Dead End Dating, #6)
  • Misty Moon: Book 1
  • Cub
  • Real Vampires Hate Skinny Jeans (Glory St. Clair, #8)
  • Driven to Ink (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #3)
  • Deadly Patterns (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #3)
  • Dyeing Wishes (A Haunted Yarn Shop Mystery #2)
National bestselling author MICHELLE ROWEN writes paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and young adult fantasy, both light and dark, sexy and sweet, long and short -- it all depends on the story! She's won a Holt Medallion for Best First Book and a Romantic Times Reviewers Choice award for Vampire Romance. For more information, please visit Michelle at her website at www.michellerowen.com.
More about Michelle Rowen...

Immortality Bites Mystery (3 books)
  • Blood Bath & Beyond (Immortality Bites Mystery #1; Immortality Bites #6)
  • From Fear to Eternity (Immortality Bites Mystery, #3; Immortality Bites, #8)

“Owen’s gaze flicked to me again. “Maybe you’re right. And what a wonderful change it is. Tell me, Sarah, how on earth do you put up with Monsieur de Bennicoeur’s dour ways? You must feel as if you’ve married a high school principal.” I shrugged. “Guess that’s my type. The dourer the better, I say.” “I’m not dour,” Thierry said dourly.” 0 likes