Bled & Breakfast (Immortality Bites Mystery #2; Immortality Bites #7)

Bled & Breakfast (Immortality Bites Mystery #2)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  244 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Fledgling vampire Sarah Dearly knew what she was getting into when she married master vampire Thierry de Bennicoeur. As an agent of the Ring, Thierry is sent all over the world to solve vampire crimes and keep them secret from humans. And now Sarah’s on the job with him—for better or worse.

Right after their wedding in Las Vegas, Sarah and Thierry get their next assignment:...more
Published June 4th 2013 by Signet (first published June 1st 2013)

Erin-Jayne Lloyd
Amazing, can't for for Summer 2014 for the next one!! Love the series!!
Catherine Crook
Michelle Rowen is a GENIUS! These characters are really some of my favorites. And in this installment Sarah had to work to save Thierry. :-) Such a different plot then usual. And Salem was such a fun location! I think these might be my favorite vampires!
Christine
After their wedding in Vegas, Sarah and Thierry head to Salem, MA for his next assignment. Several vampires have gone missing and they need to figure out what happened to them. Things become complicated when their local contact, a ladies man/vamp is killed right in front of them. Although they also have to contend with some witches and ghosts, Sarah is determined to solve the mystery and enjoy her honeymoon.

One word here folks-FUNNY! I really liked everything about this book. Salem was a perfect...more
A.
The Ring cut their honeymoon short and send Sarah and master vampire husband, Thierry to Salem, Massachusetts to investigate several master vampires disappearing. Sarah has barely been in Salem a half hour before she, and she alone, sees the ghost of a famed old Salem witch hunter. Thierry meets another vampire in town, Owen, to begin his investigation. But, it isn't until Owen is struck "dead" before their eyes by an invisible hand, leaving only a stain on the sidewalk, that they realize they a...more
Cindy
Fledgling vampire Sarah Dearly and master vampire Thierry de Bennicoeur have finally tied the knot...but no honeymoon is in the cards for them right now, as an investigator for the Ring of Vampire elders, Thierry is sent to Salem, Mass. to investigate the mysterious disappearance of several master vampires. While being escorted to a local Bed and Breakfast their welcoming vampire, the areas lothario, literally goes up in smoke, leaving behind one pissed off ghost. Sarah and Thierry ask the Bed a...more
OpenBookSociety.com

Brought to you by OBS reviewer Dawn

Thierry and Sarah have traveled to Salem on an assignment for “The Ring.”

Sarah can communicate with ghosts and when a witch from the past makes himself known, she can’t figure out what the heck is going on.

The Ring’s Markus has Sarah trying to dig into Thierry’s past despite the fact that he was one of their founders. She has no choice but to do their bidding.

It took me a while to get into the book. There are a lot of cha...more
Alice Liu
Just because a master vampire finds redemption, doesn't mean he will stop and ask for directions. At least, that is what Sarah Dearly is discovering about her new husband, Thierry de Bennicoeur. The two find themselves in a rather large pickle while on a working honeymoon in Salem. With a deadly (permanent dead, not undead) timeline of three days, Thierry is resistant to Sarah's efforts to pull all the stops. Luckily Sarah has poor listening skills and ends up in double and triple pickles with w...more
Teresa
4.5 Stars

This is the first book I've read by Michelle Rowen. But it will not be my last. I have already tagged almost all of her books onto my TBR shelf.
I like the hero, Theirry but I absolutely love the heroine, Sarah Dearly. Newly married to the hero, a master vampire that is almost 700 years old. She is also a newly turned vampire. I love the concept and the characters are all well developed and the plot is solid.

In this book the newly weds have been sent to Salem Massachusetts by a secre...more
Chelsey
This is not my first read by Michelle Rowen, so I am very familiar with her paranormal writing style and I loved her first book in this cozy mystery series. She truly is a talented writer because she can write from the perspective of many different characters and color in the lines when it comes to writing different genres. I believe that this truly is a gift! But we are here to talk about this particular series in which our lovely heroine, Sarah Dearly, helps her husband solve mysteries having...more
Robin
Since beginning my infatuation with the paranormal romance genre three years ago, Michelle Rowen has become one of my top five authors, and her Immortality Bites series is my favorite of her series. The evolution of her characters Sarah Dearly and Thierry de Bennicourt and their relationship has been both poignant and hilarious. For those who hold to the philosophy that once a romantic couple close the deal they become less interesting Rowen proves them wrong in these last two novels where she m...more
Anne Marie Stoddard
Fresh off of an exciting adventure in Las Vegas (see Book 1, Blood Bath & Beyond), fledgling vampire Sarah Dearly and her master vampire lover, Thierry, get their next assignment: investigating the disappearances of three vampires in Salem, Massachusetts. Their contact in Salem is Owen, an old acquaintance of Thierry’s with a playboy reputation. Before he can aid in their search for the other vampires, Owen ends up as nothing more than a stain on the driveway of the Booberry Inn, the bed &...more
Felicia
Read for Fun (Paperback)
Overall Rating: 4.50
Story Rating: 4.50
Character Rater: 4.50

First Thought when Finished: I just adore Sarah Dearly and her escapades!

Story Thoughts: Salem is the perfect setting for Bled & Breakfast! I pretty much giggled, gasped, and cheered through out the whole book. Who would have thought that in Salem you would have witches, ghosts, and vampires who refuse to die (even when made into sand). What can I say? I was sucker for all the paranormal elements that gone thr...more
Morgan
I liked it more than the first book in the mystery spin-off from the main series. Hence 4 stars to the original 3.

I guessed about 75% of the twisty bits but I think that's just author familiarity instead of being obvious.

Entertaining and enjoyable, especially if you enjoyed the main series of books. (Though they aren't necessary, they add a lot.)
Darcy
I think that I would have liked this one better had not every Tom, Dick, and Harry been accused of being the bad guy towards the end. It was hard to keep up as it was a big reveal with the evil plan, but no that person was foiled, then another was revealed as the bad guy with another evil plan, then another. In the end the whole reason why was a little stupid.

Owen had the potential to be funny, but instead he annoyed me with his lackadaisical ways and how he felt no remorse with sleeping with a...more
Kim
LOVE THIS SERIES, ALL OF THEM GREAT READING:)
Clare Dyer
It was another brilliant outing by Michelle Rowan, so easy to read I couldn't put it down. Have followed this series since the beginning and it just keeps getting better, Sarah has really grown from the early days now married to Thierry and off on honeymoon to Salem, you know its not going to be straightforward especially with the ring involved, ghosts, witches and Thierry's past what more could you want. A brilliant book to take on holiday another brilliant addition to the immortality bites ser...more
Jill
It was a little slow in the middle, but quite intriguing.
Kait
Mar 30, 2014 Kait rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Kait by: My sister
Fun, quick read.
Emma Moulton
I would firstly like to thank Michelle Rowen for sending me a free copy of her book (Goodreads Firstread).

I read this book a few weeks back now but never got around to reviewing it so I will do it now.
I do love books with vampires in and this is one of them. Having not read the first one in the series, I was expecting to struggle to follow this one, but I found that it wasn't that hard to follow and wasn't hard to catch up with what was going on. I really did enjoy reading this book.
4/5
Shazza
This is such a great series! I never tire of Thierry and Sarah:)
Plenty of action and twists and turns of the plot in this book.
Towards the end I started to guess who was responsible but there were so many other twists and turns and people involved in the mystery that kept it exciting! Thierry has really been growing on me too without Quinn stealing the spotlight. Although Thierry is supposed to be the one working for The Ring and somehow he ends up stuck in something else and Sarah solves everything LOL I don't know why he even doubts her or bothers trying to stop her.
Lori
Sarah Dearly is frustrating as a heroine. She is impulsive, rushes headlong into situations that have you thinking "This is going to end badly", says what she thinks, and trusts all the wrong people. In short, she's warm, genuine,funny and totally without ulterior motives; exactly what Thierry needs in his life. Once I got over my cringing over her tenancy to stumble into every pothole of life she finds, I enjoyed this series.
Maurie
Saw this on the library shelf and thought I'd give it a try. Really glad I did. An enjoyable lighter paranormal mystery with lots of twists and turns that kept me turning the pages and not wanting to put it down. Looking forward to going back and reading the first in the series as well as eagerly awaiting the next in the series. Always good to find a new series and a new author I enjoy.
Cardyn Brooks
This is the second of the sort of spin off series involving Sarah and Thierry solving mysteries and I think I may like them more than the main series. I enjoyed the twists and turns of the plot and it kept me guessing until the very end. And of course, all the humor and sarcasm we've come to expect from Sarah are there in all it's glory. :)
Shelly Vk
I definitely love the way that Michelle Rowen writes. I love her humour and attitude that she gives her characters and Sarah,
from Bled & Breakfast, has both. That being said the story moved slow and but overall was okay. It also could be that I love
Michelle Rowen's "Immortality Bites" series and I am comparing this book that series.
Dr susan
Sarah has changed into a much more likeable character since Bitten & Smitten, the first book of the original Immortality Bites series. Although I miss the motley supporting cast, the IB Mysteries series is very entertaining with the amount of grim and gore I have come to expect. I look forward to reading From Fear to Eternity.
Cassy
I received this book as a Goodreads winner. Great book if you're into fantasy/mystery, which I am. It was quite fast paced bordering on rushed, with so much happening in the short time frame. Loved The main characters sarcastic sense of humor and one-liners.
Sean C
Not bad. Good pace, likable characters, decent story line.
Jemma Gutierrez
My favorite couples are here again! I love Michelle so much for creating such wonderful characters with great romance and mystery! XD XD!
Im seriously hoping this series NEVER ends, just keep'em coming mama!
  • Here Comes the Vampire (Dead End Dating, #6)
  • The Good the Bad and the Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #3)
  • Corpse in the Crystal Ball (Fortune Teller Mystery, #2)
  • Last Wool and Testament (A Haunted Yarn Shop Mystery, #1)
  • Must Love Lycans  (Broken Heart, #8)
  • Haunted Moon (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #13)
  • Driven to Ink (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #3)
  • Let Them Eat Stake (Vampire Chef, #2)
  • Iced Chiffon
  • Hex on the Ex (A Mind for Murder, #3)
  • Peach Pies and Alibis (A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery #2)
  • In a Witch's Wardrobe (A Witchcraft Mystery, #4)
  • Bewitched, Bothered, and Biscotti (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #2)
  • Kitty in the Underworld (Kitty Norville, #12)
  • A Custom-Fit Crime (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #4)
  • A Hard Day's Fright (Pepper Martin #7)
  • My Big Fat Demon Slayer Wedding (Demon Slayer, #5)
National bestselling author MICHELLE ROWEN writes paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and young adult fantasy, both light and dark, sexy and sweet, long and short -- it all depends on the story! She's won a Holt Medallion for Best First Book and a Romantic Times Reviewers Choice award for Vampire Romance. For more information, please visit Michelle at her website at www.michellerowen.com.
More about Michelle Rowen...
Vampire Academy: The Ultimate Guide Bitten & Smitten (Immortality Bites, #1) Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers, #1) Fanged & Fabulous (Immortality Bites, #2) Lady & the Vamp (Immortality Bites, #3)