Start by marking “Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)” as Want to Read:
Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)

Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound #5)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  5,220 Ratings  ·  344 Reviews
He was once a captive, but his urges were never caged. Now he’ll release them on a beautiful stranger whose own secret desires are longing to be sated…

He doesn’t have a name. He doesn’t have a clan. The humans who held him prisoner for forty years have taken them away. He knew nothing but captivity until nearly a year ago, when he was released into the light. Now Tiger liv
Published June 4th 2013 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Tiger Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tiger Magic

Written December 18, 2014

4.2 Stars - Always guaranteed interesting good m/f Shifter romances from Ms J Ashley - So also this time

Book #5

For me is a book from the 'Shifters Unbound' series always a good reading (listening) choice. Well written m/f PNR by, always delivering, Jennifer Ashley. These romances are that kind of good paranormal suspense where we always get interesting stories, thoughtful topics and sweet —steamy enough— love-stories. So far my favorite Shifter series (in the m/f genre)
Jennifer Ashley
Shifters Book 5. Tiger (who was introduced in Mate Claimed) and Carly. This one is set in the Austin Shiftertown.
This one has been my favorite out of the series so far! I loved Tiger and Carly; but I especially loved my Tiger!! Even though he was in captivity from the time he was created in a lab by bad men...he had such a vulnerability to his personality. He also had this child-like innocence to him in how he viewed the world. I mean, it is understandable that he did. He was held in captivity for more than 40 years..with no contact with anyone. It makes you feel such empathy for Tiger. Of course, he is qu ...more
Re read via audible

Prior comments:

This is the only book in the series I have read but it was a great one! I do not love the world the author has built, probably because it pits shifters against each other, makes them out to be a lower class and makes them wear shock collars. Really not ok with that one! Tried a shock collar once because someone suggested I put it on my dog - it hurt like a bitch! and that was just my leg!

Tiger has been kept in a cage for 40 years and is only recently free. He is
Sophia Triad
Another great addition to the series.

We have met Tiger when Iona saved him from the research facility in a previous book.

Tiger is currently living with the Austin shifters trying to figure out his place. Since he was created by scientists and not fae he is having problem adapted to the shifters society. The main differences are the following:

-He does not really understand the point of being an Alpha shifter. Since he is stronger than everyone else in shifter town, he does not understand why sh

4.5 stars!!

This book ended up being so freaking GREAT!! Up until 85%, I thought my final rating was going to be 4.25 stars, but that last 15% was so utterly fantastic. My gosh, I love Tiger. I love Carly -- she is one of my top favorite heroines ever.

Some of my favorite things about Tiger Magic:

TIGER: He was such a wonderful character. He didn't talk a lot and he was subdued much of the time, but he was pure hero material. He was 100% devoted to Carly. He was the ultimate protector, not only to
Laura the Highland Hussy
review posted on Got Fiction? Books

I read the teaser at the end of the last book, and I shouldn’t have-because it made me want Tiger’s book soo badly! But now that I’ve read it, I can say it was worth the wait!

If you remember, Tiger was created in a secret lab, held there for 40 years, experimented on and tortured. Rescued by the Las Vegas shifter pack in Mate Claimed, he is sent to live in the Austin Shiftertown until they can sort out what to do with him.

Being that Tiger was created in a lab
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at

Favorite Quote: “I’m a little afraid, sure [...] it’s not everyday I slap duct tape over a man’s mouth and stuff him in my truck.”

Tiger was held in a secret lab for forty years; experimented on and tortured. Rescued by the Las Vegas shifter pack, he is sent to the Austin pack until they can figure out what exactly to do with him. Unusual in his make up, Tiger is a loner who makes all shifters, except for children, very uneasy. Not sure

Love triangle? (view spoiler)
Cheating? (view spoiler)
HEA? (view spoiler)
Any Descriptive Sex w/OW/OM/Ex? (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? Maybe, but not for now.
Rating: 5 stars

I really and truly loved this one. The main reason for that is H, who is sooo wonderful, knows what he wants and
4.5 Stars

My favorite of the series! Tiger is just so misunderstood and really a sweetie on the inside. I adored him! Carly stuck by her man, which I loved. I have one itty bitsy nitpick though (view spoiler)

Also, the shifters of shiftertown really treated poor Tiger bad and did such a disservice to him. Thank goodness for cute cubs that loved him anyway.

I absolutely loved this book and I loved Tiger! And I loved that when no one believed in him Carly did. And I have to admit at first I was unsure of Tiger myself. I love this series and this for me was one of the best books.

Can't wait for the next!
Lover of Romance
Now this review will be a bit shorter since I read this almost a week ago, and have been way too busy to write it until now. But especially since I had such a fun time reading this one, I knew I just had to share my review for it. Now I have been waiting for Tiger's story for quite some time now. I do want to say that as far as shifter series go, this one tops my list for sure. Jennifer Ashley has such a remarkable talent when creating these stellar amazing stories. I have loved every one of the ...more
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
This was a pretty good read, I think. Though this is not a series that I follow, this is the 1st book I've read in this series, I have to say for an on going plot it was quite easy to follow the story.

While some of the dialogue was a bit campy/cheesy, I do love the character of Tiger I like how his character was portrayed. His innocence untouched. He's simply a creature of instinct & heart. He keeps things straight forward, simple, real, & sexy.

His mate Carly, she was alright, I guess. I
Jun 04, 2013 Letitia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: B ... Heat: Hot

Tiger, who we first met in Mate Claimed, is a simple kind of man. All he wants is a mate and a few cubs. Love? Well, a guy like Tiger doesn’t even know how to want or miss a thing like love. Raised in cages, put through hellish tests that were the cruelest kind of abuse, and violated in the name of science… Tiger’s never been on the receiving end of love. Even now that he’s free and living in a Shiftertown, almost everyone fears him or is wary of him because of his strengt

Tiger is slowly adjusting to Austin Shiftertown life but really just wants to follow his instincts to BE. Tiger is convinced he'll never fit into their tame lives because of his past and the fear he instills in others. Tiger meets art gallery receptionist Carly Randal as she is stranded on the road and knows immediately that she can fill all those empty spaces in his heart and mind. Carly for her part is grateful that Tiger came to her assistance when she needed it but has no clue about shifter ...more
Tiger Magic
4 Stars

Rescued from horrific experiments and relocated to the shiftertown in Austin, Tiger, a rare bengal shifter, feels like an outcast until the day he stumbles across Carly Randal broken down on the side of a deserted road, and knows he has met his mate. As Carly is slowly drawn into the dangers and intrigues of the shifter world, her one constant is the intensity of her feelings for Tiger. But will that be enough to overcome the obstacles in their path to happiness?

A sweet additio
R.E. Butler
Jennifer Ashley never disappoints. Tiger Magic was a fantastic, couldn't-put-it-down read that had me hooked from start to finish.

Tiger - an "unknown" sort of shifter, spends most of the book wondering "what" he is, along with most of the shiftertown residents and the government. He was such a protective, amazing hero, a perfect addition to this series.

Carly finds out that her fiancé is a total ass and, fortunately for her, Tiger is right there to show her just how amazing the perfect mate can r
Jun 09, 2013 Darcy rated it really liked it
I was so happy when I realized that this book centered around Tiger. From the start I liked him, hated how his life started out, but loved that with Liam and the Austin Shiftertown he had a chance at a real life.

I loved how Tiger recognized Carly as his mate right away. I thought it was funny how even though he kept stating the fact around Carly she didn't realize the implications. I also really loved that Carly was the one person to calm Tiger down. It was great to how the other shifters reacte
Jun 20, 2013 Mara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
I have a mixed relationship with this series. I liked the first book, but found only ok the second. And I couldn't get interested into the sequels.

Tiger Magic came to my attention from friends' reviews. They all love this series and I thought to give it a try again.

Tiger Magic is simply too bland for my tastes. I liked seeing what happened to characters I had already met. But I wasn't that intrigued by Tiger, his story, his mate.

The story was too sugary for me. Plus, I found his background pre
Aug 18, 2016 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As reviewed on Read Our Lips:

23 was rescued from a research facility - spending his first 40 years as a specimen, prodded and tortured. Now the Austin Shiftertown has taken him in, trying to help him adapt to a life, but most of the inhabitants regard him with suspicion, uncertain what hes capable of.
Stumbling upon a woman by the road he soon realizes this is his mate, but how to make her his?
Carlys already late for work when her car brakes down by the road, and the only help available is a big
Ann aka Iftcan
Ok, since Tiger appeared in one of the previous books, (I read them out of order, so not sure of the exact sequence) I've been looking forward to his story. I also have to admit--I loved that he got himself a good little southern girl. (Can we tell that I too am, by birth, a southern girl?) I liked that she stood up for him, and more importantly--that she accepted him as HIM.

And, ok, I loved that my favourite of all the shifters appeared in this story too. AND that he had a fairly important par
Carolyn F.
I loved, loved, loved this book. I loved how Tiger wasn't all caveman about Carly, he just knew what he knew and was satisfied with that. I liked how Carly was so open and although she was worried, she didn't second guess herself to death about Tiger. Also how she could see pain instead of anger when everyone else was freaking out, loved it. As you can see this is a love fest review. I would recommend this book to all of you romance, shifter, paranormal, fiction readers out there!
Sweet and sexy paranormal with some adorable kids in minor roles. A few good action scenes and a surprise denouement at the end. I enjoyed it! Would like to see more of this hot, heroic Tiger.
FV Angela
*ARC provided by Netgalley
Review originally posted at

Tiger Magic, the fifth book in the Shifters Unbound series by Jennifer Ashley, heads back to the Austin Shiftertown and tells the story of Tiger. In the previous installment Tiger was rescued at an Area 51 lab in Las Vegas by Iona and Eric. Since that time he has settled down in Austin and is trying to figure out how to live a relatively normal life. He fixes cars with Conner, helps look after the cubs
Apr 10, 2015 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I looked forward to reading Tiger's book, and it didn't disappoint. I loved Tiger and Carly as a couple, and how they meet and get together was so cute. She is dressed in an all white dress and heels and her car breaks down. She leans into the passenger side window to grab her phone and when she emerges Tiger is behind her checking her out. Tiger's first glimpse of Carly is off her rear-end and he likes what he sees. He knows right then and there that Carly is his mate and he sets out to win he ...more
Stephanie  G
After being caged and experimented on for decades, Tiger is now free and he's found the one thing all shifters want, his mate. To Tiger, there's no doubt that Carly is his but he'll need to convince the human who has become the reason his heart beats they belong together. A task that's made more challenging when a secret group of soldiers are hell-bent on doing whatever it takes to capture him.

I had no doubt I'd love Tiger because he's the type of PNR hero I always fall for. Dominate without try
Julie Ramsey
Jun 28, 2013 Julie Ramsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: done
Tiger Magic

Tiger has had a life of living hell. As a pure tiger shifter, he is rare among the all the shifter. And even among the shifter, he is feared. Tiger was born and breed in captivity. For reasons unknown, forgotten and left to die. Released by a kind hearted woman, now living in the Austin shifter town, with the town alpha, he is slowly trying to adapt to living in a community. Liam and the rest know that he could go feral at any time. He has never had a collar, which the shifters all ha
Anna-marie Buchner
Carly Randal was on her way to the Art Gallery she worked at where the Artist they were showcasing was doing an exclusive with her boss’s gallery in a little town northeast of Austin. Buyers were already lined up and Carly’s commission would be enormous. Until her fiancée’s car broke down on the side of the road.

Standing on the other side of the road watching the drama unfold was Tiger. Carly saw him watching her and she thought she should be terrified being stranded on the side of the road alon
Sep 12, 2016 Ami rated it really liked it
Tiger was the human-made-shifter rescued by Iona in Mate Claimed and I was truly intrigued with his story.

Tiger had the quality I loved the most from heroes in my fictions -- stoic patience. Sure, Tiger was as possessive as other Shifters (he claimed Carly as his mate from the get go) but he wasn't one of those smooth talkers. His power was through the roof but he was also very, very close to children. Cubs loved him!! Even Connor, who was still a cub in shifter years (though he was in his 20's
May 20, 2016 Claudia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shifter-romance
I liked Tiger and felt for him from the moment Iona saved him. His story was heartbreaking: a shifter created in a secret laboratory and kept there (area 51) for 40 years or so. He was tortured and experimented on for the good of science.
From the beginning, the shifters didn't know what to do and how to deal with Tiger but Dylan saw something in him and took him to his town.

While the shifters didn't know what to do with him and how to control him, their children/ cubs knew better. They t
  • Unbound (Time Hunters #2.5, Shifters Unbound #4.5, The Elementals #1.5)
  • Drive Me Wild (The Others, #7)
  • Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter (Midnight Liaisons, #2)
  • Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8)
  • Heart of Obsidian  (Psy-Changeling, #12)
  • Savage Awakening (Alpha Pack, #2)
  • Logan & Jenna (The Wolf's Mate, #6)
  • Steel Beauty (Halle Pumas, #4; Poconos Pack, #0.5)
  • Ryland (Golden Streak, #1)
  • Damek's Redemption (Legacy, #6)
  • The Purrfect Plan (Australian Shifters, #1)
  • Bayon / Jean-Baptiste (Bayou Heat, #3-4)
  • Beneath the Skin (de La Vega Cats, #3)
  • Yours, Mine and Howls (Werewolves in Love, #2)
NY Times Bestselling author Jennifer Ashley writes historical and paranormal romance and historical mysteries, as Jennifer Ashley, Allyson James, and Ashley Gardner.

Jennifer's novels have won RWA's RITA and RT Reviewer's Choice awards. More about her books at,, and
More about Jennifer Ashley...

Shifters Unbound (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1)
  • Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2)
  • Wild Cat (Shifters Unbound, #3)
  • Mate Claimed (Shifters Unbound, #4)
  • Wild Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #6)
  • Mate Bond (Shifters Unbound, #7)
  • White Tiger (Shifters Unbound, #8)
  • Guardian's Mate (Shifters Unbound, #9)
  • Red Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #10)
  • BodyGuard (Butterscotch Martini Shots Book 2)

“He also brought Carly's purse from the living room. Having lived for months in the same house as Liam and his mate, Kim, Tiger had learned that these large bags were full of things females considered essential. They fussed when they didn't have them.” 3 likes