Start by marking “Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)” as Want to Read:
Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)

Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter #6)

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  11,662 ratings  ·  944 reviews
Nalini Singh, the New York Times bestselling “alpha author of paranormal romance” (Booklist) returns to an immortal world of violent passion and lethal power…on the brink of a deadly archangelic war.

Angels are falling from the sky in New York, struck down by a vicious, unknown force.

Vampires are dying impossibly of disease.

Guild hunter Elena Deveraux and the Archangel Raph
Mass Market Paperback, 374 pages
Published October 29th 2013 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Archangel's Legion, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Christi Agreed, all previous books should be read. You could possibly read it as a stand-alone, but it will be incredibly confusing and you'll not understand…moreAgreed, all previous books should be read. You could possibly read it as a stand-alone, but it will be incredibly confusing and you'll not understand a lot, and you'll miss a lot too. It's a good series, and definately wasn't a hardship for me to read the first 5 lol. If you like the author or pnr, you'll enjoy this series. Its a very new and interesting take on angels and vampires, and set in a kind of parallel universe, since things (minus the angels and vampires lol) are the same as they are in our world. (less)

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
My Thoughts:

It's always all about Raphael....

...for me and well, it's good that I really like Elena too.

What I didn't expect was all the fighting. I had thought they would be past that although the makeup and angry sex was worth it!

Sooo much went on that there's no way I can address everything and everyone, so I'll just highlight the main things.

Raphael is a-changing and things are a-happening...are they related?

Caliane is a bit better but the jury is still out on her.

Some major even
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
4 to 4 AMAZING Stars

Well…I'm all caught up. DANG!!! This book is my favorite of the series thus far. It's absolutely fantastic! I would have given it 5 stars but there was a bit too much action fighting toward the end for my taste. I understand this is Urban Fantasy and that's to be expected, but, for me, it was just too much. I ended up skimming a few chapters because of it. Still, I highly recommend this series. I've had a blast reading it (I actually listened to it).

After reading both this
Mersina Stark is a Bookwhoreasaurus

Oh hellllll no! Seriously a whole year??? I know I am repeating myself but I am hyperventilating HERE PEOPLE!!! I don't know how I can wait a whole year. I will go crazy over thinking about this.
wow , what a steamy , action loaded book. I absolutely loved it. we waited whole year to read this , nalini didn't dissapoint us as always. She's the goddess of all writers.

I must say I love all hot scenes between elena and raphael . I was like

lol , yeah thanks nalini ,you've ruined all other men on universe for me :D

Beklediğimize değdi açıkçası. Bayıldım. bir ara dmitri'ye katılıyordum neredeyse , elenanın raphael'i zayıflattığını , yaklaşan savaşta onu geri bıraktığını falan. ama elena rap
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
Angels, Archangels, Power and Love, among a galaxy of Stars

A world where angels rule as creatures of extraordinary power, to be admired from afar. Archangels hold the balance of good and evil in their hands and vampires are slaves to their angelic masters.

Where strategy saves your life and dooms thousands in a complex and deadly game of chess.

Where the most powerful Archangel fell in love with a mortal and dying he fed her ambrosia uniting them in life and death.

In this world, Cascade, is in fu

Guild Hunter novels are always so intense they cause me to lose sleep and stress out about a happy ending. This series, folks, is urban fantasy at its finest. Throughout the story, I couldn't get enough of Elena and Raphael and Illium, but I was also thrilled to get to know a few of the other members of The Seven better. Naasir and Aodhan both have significantly larger parts in this book than in any of the previous ones and their character development is super
Blacky *Romance Addict*

I love this series! I love this whole universe!

Raphael  photo 836920.gif

There was A LOT of action here, OMG I don't even remember how many battles, it was uber-exciting!!!!

Power is growing among the archangels and everyone is gaining new abilities, though I wish I knew what they were!!!

And the characters <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I have to admit, as much as I love Raphael and Elena, I wish they wouldn't have their books anymore, I want other characters :(((((

1. Ash and Janvier (thank God they are having the n

Archangel's Legion wasn't quite as engrossing as I thought it'd be. I still enjoyed it but in comparison to earlier Elena/Raphael books it was lacking in originality, excitement, and intriguing characters.

-Certain parts of the plot felt quite recycled such as Elena's Guild Hunter duties and her investigation into what was making all the vampires sick/die - I've read that sort of plot in countless other PNR/UF books so it didn't captivate me much.
I did enjoy all the stuff that was happen

Archangel’s Legion starts out as a typical day in New York City until chaos begins when Angels start falling from the sky. Then Vampires start dying from a disease they should be immune to. Guild Hunter Elena Deveraux and the Archangel Raphael know they must get to the bottom of this as fast as possible to save their city--all while appearing like their forces haven’t been weakened. Many of the Angels were severely damaged and it could take months for them to heal. Guild Hunters and Raphael’s Se
Thei Aganon
OH.... MY....GOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!!!

the cover...... ITS SUUPER AWESOME!!! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

what I feel right now...

and what Im looking forward to...
(RaphaelxElena)>>>but actually sometimes...>>>> RAPHAEL RAPHAEL RAPHAEL RAPHAEL... >>>> and always....>>>> WANNA HAVE THEM TO HAVE A BABY BABY BABY BABY!!!!!!

I am now dancing with happiness and giddyness

but the date.... OH THE D-A-T-E.....
Lady Heather

5 Fabulous Shiny Stars!!

Loved this story, and I REALLY like where the author is going with the series.

The writing, story, and characters where BRILLIANT!

I really enjoyed getting to know a little more about Aodhan, Illiam, and Naasir (even though I'm not quite sure what Naasir is).

Once again Raphael and Elana are passionate, charismatic, strong, stubborn, and PERFECT for one another.

Fans of the "Guild Hunter" series will not be disappointed!

Favorite Quotes:

(view spoiler)
Aug 01, 2014 Mariana marked it as to-read
And there's a title!!!

ARCHANGEL'S LEGION... Sounds good to me ;)

photo wantit.gif

My prediction:

There will be a war between two Archangels, and Raphael's legion of loyal vampires and angels will fight the enemy - maybe Lijuan or a new and exciting threat.

This was merely a prediction of a crazy GH fan who can't wait to read more about one of her favourite couples (Raphael and Elena, of course). So please mind the possible mistakes and don't see this as a true report of the book's content. Thank you :)
Kelsea (Miz. Reader)
Yessss. I love Elena and Raphael so so much, and while I really like all the other characters and want to hear their stories, I want to read more about Elena and Raphael. They are so perfect together :)
After taking a slight 'detour' with Dmitri and Jason for the last two books, The Guild Hunter series return to Elena and her Archangel, Raphael, and the city of New York -- as Lijuan gathers her army of dead, ready to declare war to the only archangel that seems to be able to put dent on her power (and journey) of being true Goddess.

... and how I love every pages of it.

Guild Hunter series has darker tone and much grittier mood compared to Nalini's other series, Psy/Changeling. Here, the corrupt
Just when I think Nalini Singh can't possibly outdo herself, she proves me wrong. From the earliest pages in this book, until I turned the very last one, I was on the edge of my seat - unable to think of anything but needing to know what happened next.

See my full review on my blog or booklikes

Excellent. Heart-stopping. Romantic. Beautiful. Deadly. Shocking. Game-changing. Uplifting.

Full review to come.
-2.5 I really enjoyed the holding power this series had over me, in the past. I had a hard time just staying focused on the story. It strayed too far away from the main action to keep me engaged and intrigued with the characters. I am finished reading this series. It has gone in a direction that does not suit my taste. Plus I just couldn't stay awake.

I love Raphael and Elena, they are a fabulous couple, yes they rub wings very well. I know because they did this often, too often for my taste. It
Merve  Özcan
Ay, bitirdim. Nasıl güzeldir ya! Nasıl güzeldir! Ben sonra ki kitabı nasıl bekleyeceğim şimdi! Bu kitaptan sonra... Ölmek istiyorum. Bu seri aradığım, beklediğim her şey. Yorum gelecek!
Edit2: Yorum
(view spoiler)
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

4.5 stars, Top Pick!

Queen of Paranormal Romance, Nalini Singh returns to the Guild Hunter series with Elena and Raphael. The sole reason why I fell in love with this series in the first place was because of this couple. I loved Raphael as a hero because he was this god-like creature whose power is unparalleled in the world he has created. But in the first book, we saw him succumb to a more human emotion that makes him more endearing and real: love.

Raphael undergoes a few changes in this latest
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Well Damn! When you think that Nalini Singh couldn't possibly have done it again she goes all the way to prove you wrong. I mean...WOW!!!(Eloquent I know.)

I have just one question for my very best author.

What can I say about this book without spoiling it? When Aly told me that this one was as good as Angels' Blood I wasn't so optimistic but this one was quite possibly better. I think this is officially my new favorite in the series and that says a lot since I absolutely LOVE the first one.

In thi
"You know what I've learned from my baby girl? To enjoy the now. It'll be gone soon enough and no one knows what the next hour,much less tomorrow still bring"

5 Awesomeness stars and Top Read 2013!!

Nalini Singh is one of my favorite authors that I always anticipated what next come from her. Her writing style is fabulous, the plot and world she create is beyond amazing, and you can't help to awe for how she can weave words after words that so beautiful, you can't help to not read it over and ove
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: A

It felt like an eternity, but she [Elena] would later find out the actual hell of what came to be known as the Falling lasted five short minutes. Then the birds stopped dropping from the skies…and so did the angels.

The quote above starts out this story with a lot of action and heartbreak and doesn’t let go until the final page. Let’s start with the obvious and heart of the series, Elena and Raphael. As they continue to become closer in thei
5 Stars!!!

I LOVED this book! I love this series! I LOVE Raphael!

Archangel's Legion is about Raphael and Elena and how they once again fight with evil in order to save their territory and their people. Angels are falling from the sky, vampires are dying from a mystery disease...New York is under attack. There is a dark force going around and affecting everything. This force is also affecting Raphael.
Elena is scared and ready to do everything possible to save the love of her life from this dark p

I love this series but I really wasn't in a hurry to read this installment. I thought I was done with Elena and Rafael and I would much rather have a book about one of the remaining Seven *cough* Venom *cough* getting their HEA but at the same time I knew I couldn't skip it. I'm so glad I didn't. I loved it. I'm glad there was no unnecessary drama between this established couple. Mostly it was all external conflict. The battle at the end was the best one so far.

I also love the secondary chara
A Satisfying Return to Raphael and Elena

Nalini Singh tweeted me, W00T!

I believe this is my favorite angel series and I would say Archangel's Legion iswas probably my favorite book since the series debut! It's definitely the perfect example of absence making the heart grow fonder. I genuinely missed Elena and Raphael's perspective so the story felt very fresh. They also have a whole slew of new problems and new...powers?

The story was really tight and the
Douglas Meeks
Where do I start with this book? How about it falls into the category where I want more than 5 Stars to rate it? It grabbed me almost from the first pages and never let go until the breathless ending.

Angels have died, some vampires (who never get sick) have contracted an incurable illness that appears to be a weapon, the world is at the brink of war and that is just the start of things. Needless to say, I am officially notifying you that boredom is not within these pages.

The romance between Raph
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
Wow, things have really got interesting with Archangel's Legion! Nalini Singh has really pulled out all the stops and given us a book full of fast paced action, interesting twists and of course, romance.

The only reason this got 4 stars rather than 5 was because I can find Nalini Singh's writing style a little...irritating. She can't just say something, she has to throw up adjectives all over it as well and after a while I just stopped caring and wanted to get on with the story.

The story itself
O M G!!!! This is the BEST book I've read all year!! Nalini completely blew me away!! I could not put this book down! This is a MUST READ for anyone who loves a great, well-written story, sexy angels, and the continuing struggle between good and evil, power and destruction, and strength and sacrifice.

Great book, great author, great love, great everything! There was nothing about this book that I didn't love. It was AMAZING!!

*Full review is featured on Cocktails and Books blog: http://www.cockt
Lady Heather
Nov 15, 2014 Lady Heather rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: paranormal romance, guild hunter fans, urban fantasy

Re-read November, 2014

I certainly enjoyed this story more than the first time I read it!
I think it's because I've been re-reading the whole series, and this story flowed right in from the last Archangel's Storm.

As I continue to re-read this series, I'm loving how Ms. Singh is giving her readers more depth to the secondary characters who haven't had their stories told (as of yet) in particular Ilium, and Aodhan.

I just found this fanart picture on Ms. Singh's facebook page and thought I would po
There was a great deal that I liked about Archangel’s Legion. Since I am late to reviewing this I am skipping the synopsis and heading straight into some not-too-spoilery thoughts (so those who’ve read the book will know what I mean, even though I'm keeping details vague for those who haven’t.)

I thought that everything going on the background with the Cascade, the Fall and the vampire Pox was really interesting and provided a great framework for Elena to regroup with ‘Hunter’ friends and intera
  • Kinked (Elder Races, #6)
  • Reaver  (Lords of Deliverance, #5; Demonica, #10)
  • Guardian Demon (The Guardians, #8)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Twice Tempted (Night Prince, #2)
  • The Bite That Binds (Deep In Your Veins, #2)
  • Secret Unleashed (Secret McQueen, #6)
  • Hunted (Vampires in America, #6.5)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files, #2)
  • Curran POV Collection
  • Blood Games (Chicagoland Vampires, #10)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more
More about Nalini Singh...

Guild Hunter (10 books)
  • Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter #1)
  • Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2)
  • Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3)
  • Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)
  • Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter, #5)
  • Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7)
  • Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8)
  • Untitled (Guild Hunter #9)
  • Sehnsucht des Augenblicks

“I'm the hunter," Elena reminded him. "I should go first."
"Of course you may go first. When I am dead.”
Raphael, in case you're getting ideas - I won't be this civilized if you decide you need a concubine. In fact, it's a good bet I'll turn homicidal.
He didn't look up from his conversation with Astaad as he said, A pity, in that cool "Archangel" tone of his. I will now have to ask the pilot to empty the hold of my chosen females.
We're going to have to talk about this new sense of humor of yours.