Start by marking “Hex on the Ex (A Mind for Murder, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hex on the Ex (A Mind for Murder, #3)

Hex on the Ex (A Mind for Murder #3)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  158 ratings  ·  21 reviews
From the author of Bruja Brouhaha and Who Do, Voodoo?--the new Mind for Murder Mystery!

When her ex-husband encounters a mysterious death omen, psychologist Liz Cooper turns to occult professor Nick Garfield for help in solving an all-too-real murder…

At a Dodgers game to celebrate her father’s birthday, Liz is forced to watch her ex—star player, Jarret—on the pitcher’s m...more
Published May 7th 2013 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Hex on the Ex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hex on the Ex

The Whole Enchilada by Diane Mott DavidsonCloche and Dagger by Jenn McKinlayPeach Pies and Alibis by Ellery AdamsA Custom-Fit Crime by Melissa BourbonThe Diva Frosts a Cupcake by Krista Davis
2013 Cozy Mystery New Releases
60th out of 199 books — 189 voters
The Christie Curse by Victoria AbbottBuried in a Bog by Sheila ConnollyPeach Pies and Alibis by Ellery AdamsOut of Circulation by Miranda JamesCat Trick by Sofie Kelly
Mi Cozy 2013
36th out of 81 books — 36 voters

More lists with this book...

LORI CASWELL
Liz’s father is a huge baseball fan, just not a Dodger baseball fan. His family finds the perfect way to celebrate his birthday when the Chicago Cubs (his favorite team) comes to town. It is not bad enough that Liz’s ex in on the mound for the Dodger’s but she looks over and sees her former best friend Laycee in the stands. The ex- friend she caught in bed with her then husband Jarrett.

Jarrett has problems all his own when the appearance of a white pigeon—an omen of death— causes Jarrett to trip...more
Fred
Hex on the Ex is the 3rd book in the A Mind for Murder Mystery series.

Lix Cooper is not really looking forward to attending Cubs-Dodgers baseball game. Yes it is her father's birthday, that's good. But on the other hand her ex, Jarrett, is the star reliever for the Dodger's and the ex friend, Laycee, that caused the breakup of Liz's marriage will also be in attendance. As Liz goes to get drinks, she literally runs into Laycee spilling the drinks on Liz. Liz's parting words to Laycee were you're...more
Mason
A spunky protagonist returns for another encounter with the supernatural, but this time the bad omens hit too close to home.

A Dodgers game to celebrate her father’s birthday is no picnic for psychologist Liz Cooper. Her ex-husband, Jarret, is the star player and her ex-best friend. Laycee, is in the stands. Jarret and Laycee’s affair are why they are both formers in Liz’s life.

But things are soon thrown off balance for the superstitious Jarret when a white pigeon, an omen of death, appears durin...more
Anne Marie Stoddard
Liz Cooper's ex-husband, Jarrett, is thrown off his game when a white pigeon (an omen of death), rattles him during his latest game pitching for the Dodgers. The next morning, Liz's former best friend from Atlanta, Laycee, is found stabbed to death in Jarrett's bed. While Jarrett himself is an obvious suspect, Liz finds herself in the lineup as well--Laycee was the woman that tore her marriage apart years ago, after all.

With the help of her parents, brother, best friend, and boyfriend, Liz must...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Psychologist, Liz Cooper and her boyfriend, Professor of the Occult, Nick Garfield are joining Liz's family at a baseball game at Dodger's Stadium in Los Angeles. They are celebrating the Birthday of Liz's father and getting into the spirit of the game, until two circumstances mar the evening for Liz.

The first disappointment is that her Ex-husband, Pitcher Jarret Cooper is going to be brought into the game, and second, even worse, the ex-friend, Laycee, who was the lowlife, Jarret was cheating w...more
Sandra
I was mostly bored and annoyed while reading this. Nick & Liz are boring, David and Robyn are boring, Jarret is a jerk, Liz's mother is irritating. I do not understand why Liz allows Jarret her asshole cheating ex husband so much presence in her life. I found it incredibly annoying as was her mother's love for the man. I was happy that her mother finally took Liz's side after Jarret implicated her in the murder to get the police off his back but of course this was reversed by the end taking...more
Jess
As usual Rochelle Staab leaves me happily content with her latest book in her "A Mind for Murder" series. I am a huge fan of this series and grow more fond of it with each book. "Hex on the Ex" has a great and intense plot, it also has its usual zany and loveable cast of characters from her previous books with a few new additions. In "Hex on the Ex" Murder strikes in a form from the past, and the heat is turned up on Dr. Liz Cooper when her Ex husband Jarret throws suspicion her way to cover his...more
❂ Jennifer (reviews on BookLikes)
Ok, I really enjoyed this book, but I have to say the killer was screamingly obvious towards the end - like it could have ended several chapters sooner, but it seemed like the author had more to say so she kept her characters in a state of temporary stupidity until she was ready.

Beyond that, a great story - not quite as much woo woo, although the murder has a very occult spin to it. But it was restricted to the murder itself, so we don't have to read about Liz's refusal to have an open mind, whi...more
Debbie Heaton
In Staab’s mystery novel, psychologist Liz Cooper and her significant other Nick Garfield are at a Dodger’s game with her parents celebrating her father’s birthday—a very welcomed break from all the home renovations she’s up to her neck in. Among the thousands of baseball fans filling the stands, two stand out—an ex-friend from her married days and her ex-husband currently sitting in the Dodger’s bullpen. Baseball players are superstitious to the core and when Jarrett violates one of his superst...more
Stacy Spoonster
Hex on an ex

This is the best in the series so far. Well written and an enjoyable read. My only complaint is that the killer was easy to figure out, but the overall story was good.
Dena
I look forward to the next book.
Melodie
Looks like this one is the last in this series, which is okay. It ended on a high note. I think this one was the best in this short-lived series. We get a little more insight into Liz's ex, Jarret, which was good. I still don't like her mom, but that's okay. Every series has to have an unlikeable character. If you're looking for something a little different you could definitely do worse than this 3-book series. RECOMMEND!
Laura Ruetz
I am in love with this series. I finished the last one and picked this one up right after and began to read. I find it hard to put these down. The characters are engaging, the writing is light and fresh and the plots are enjoyable!
Tiffany Hill
getting better! this was the last one that I got for Christmas.
Ceejay
Another fantastic mystery by Rochelle Staab! Great plot! Great characters! Great ending! I really love this series. My regret it that I'll have to wait a year for the next adventure.
Kristin
This was the 3rd book in the series. i didnt figure it out until more than halfway through it. The usual characters, it's a series worth reading if you like mysteries.
Kyra
This was a quick, light read. I've enjoyed all of the books in the series so far. I'm glad Jarrett proved himself in the end, even though he's still a cheater.
Amanda
I am loving this series!

Liz and Nick are amazing together!

I can hardly wait to read the next novel in this series!
Sue Em
Third in the series, and third time is the charm. Definitely my favorite so far.
Mary Ann
Took me a few chapters to get in but then it was fast reading to the finish!
Lara
another home run bit of fun
Paola
Paola marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Heather Seibert-crawford
Heather Seibert-crawford marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
A. M.
A. M. marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Angala
Angala marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
  • Trouble in the Tarot (A Fortune Teller Mystery #3)
  • A Custom-Fit Crime (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #4)
  • Charms and Chocolate Chips (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #3)
  • Peach Pies and Alibis (A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery #2)
  • The Good the Bad and the Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #3)
  • Tulle Death Do Us Part (Vintage Magic Mystery #6)
  • Smarty Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery
  • Tarnished And Torn (A Witchcraft Mystery, #5)
  • Grace Takes Off (Manor House Mystery, #4)
  • The Diva Frosts a Cupcake (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #7)
  • Chance of a Ghost (Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #4)
  • A Taste of the Nightlife (Vampire Chef, #1)
  • Rubbed Out (A Memphis BBQ Mystery #4)
  • Final Catcall (Magical Cats, #5)
  • Mayhem at the Orient Express (League of Literary Ladies, #1)
Rochelle Staab, former radio programmer and music industry executive, combined her love for mystery with a strong curiosity about the supernatural in her bestselling Mind for Murder Mystery series featuring psychologist Liz Cooper and occult expert Nick Garfield.

WHO DO, VOODOO? the first novel in the series earned Anthony, Agatha, Eureka! nominations for Best First Mystery along with a Golden Hear...more
More about Rochelle Staab...
Who Do, Voodoo? (A Mind for Murder, #1) Bruja Brouhaha (A Mind for Murder, #2) Suspense magazine November 2011