Start by marking “The Chocolate Book Bandit (A Chocoholic Mystery, #13)” as Want to Read:
The Chocolate Book Bandit (A Chocoholic Mystery, #13)

The Chocolate Book Bandit (A Chocoholic Mystery #13)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  389 ratings  ·  65 reviews
Published October 1st 2013 by NAL Hardcover

To ask other readers questions about The Chocolate Book Bandit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chocolate Book Bandit

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne FlukeCatering to Nobody by Diane Mott DavidsonFudge Cupcake Murder by Joanne FlukeEvertaster by Adam Glendon SidwellDying For Chocolate by Diane Mott Davidson
Mysteries in Good Taste!
131st out of 283 books — 244 voters
The October List by Jeffery DeaverBlindsided by Fern MichaelsShadow of the Alchemist by Jeri WestersonAccused by Lisa ScottolineThe Chocolate Book Bandit by JoAnna Carl
New Books at CCPL October 2013
5th out of 14 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

LORI CASWELL
In this installment of the Chocoholic Mysteries we meet new library director, Henry “Butch” Cassidy. Our protagonist, Lee McKinney Woodyard, has been asked to serve on the library board so she decides to attend a meeting before she commits herself. Before the director can even start to talk about his proposed changes for the library the meeting is interrupted by someone’s terrified screams. One of the library staff has found the lifeless body of Abigail VanRoostock at the bottom of the basement ...more
Tess
What could be better than a book about chocolate? How about 14 books about chocolate, which is what JoAnna Carl has given us in her Chocoholic Mystery series.
Lee McKinney Woodyard manages TenHuis Chocolate, a shop owned by Lee's Aunt, in the small town of Warner Pier, MI. Lee has been asked to take a seat on the board member at the library. Unfortunately during the first meeting, Abigail Montgomery is murdered, in the library. As the town reels from the murder, Lee sets out to "help" investigat
Christine
When not working in the family chocolate shop, Lee McKinney Woodyard is involved in various committees in the small town of Warner Pier, Michigan. Lee is considering joining the library board and attends a meeting to give the committee a trial run. She finds more excitement than expected when a library employee discovers the body of Abigail Montgomery in the library's basement. Abigail was retiring from the library board and although she was outwardly shy and mild-mannered, she wasn't afraid to ...more
Suspense Magazine
When new bride and chocolatier Lee McKinney Woodyard is asked to join the boards of her local library and the tourism committee in Warner Pier, Michigan, she knows she can’t handle both. So she decides to attend a board meeting at the historic library before making her decision.
The new head librarian in town, handsome Henry “Butch” Cassidy, makes Lee’s heart flutter, although the changes he allegedly plans to make in the library has some folks wary of the new guy in town. But before Butch has a
Mayda
Lee has been asked to be part of the library board, but before she even attends her first meeting to decide whether or not to accept the invitation, another member is found dead at the bottom of a staircase in the library. Lee and all the other members are immediate suspects in the death, and she must find out the truth to clear her name. To further frustrate her life, she finds herself attracted to the new head of the library even as it appears to her that her husband still has feeling for his ...more
Luffy Monkey D.
These Chocoholic books aren't made of the best stuff. JoAnna Carl isn't shy from repeating herself. Indeed, many of her books have interchangeable sections. But you know what, they make for a great reading experience, especially when one is looking for one. Like most of her villains, the current one lacked dimension. The most important aspect of this book is the way characters are introduced and the way they are used or put away in the box. That was the single departure from previous books. I l ...more
Merle
Ok picked this up at the library for a quick snowy afternoon read. It meets all those expectations. Fun, light and like any good mystery story keeps you guessing who didi til the end. Also builds up the character of one person who think sounds suspicious so you are misled as to who the real killer is.
But I must say that instead of the fun facts about chocolate that are in-between chapters I would have much preferred some good recipes using chocolate. I think that is one of the main reasons I hav
Tina

There's nothing I love more than books and chocolate and when I discovered this series I knew I had to read it. When I found this edition of the series combining books, libraries and chocolate I couldn't resist taking a taste test. Lee Woodyard works at TenHuis Chocolade and she is asked to serve on the library board so she decided to try it out by attending a meeting.

Once everyone is gathered they all become aware of terrified screams, Abigal VanRoostock is found dead at the bottom of the libra
Nancy
Love this series. Can't wait for the next one. Stories are always exciting and keep your attention. Lee always gets mixed up in some murder and amazingly solves the murder before the police do.

Lee Woodyard, the business manager of TenHuis Chocolade, her aunt&'s sweet shop in Warner Pier, Mich., has an important choice to make in Carl&'s appealing 13th chocoholic mystery (after 2012&'s The Chocolate Moose Motive). Does she join the library board or the chamber of commerce&'s touri
April
May 06, 2014 April marked it as didnotfinish
Shelves: cozy, mystery
I was already rolling my eyes when the main used the word 'dadgum!' in her head but then had a major pause at the overly complex dialogue used to demonstrate the main's speech impediment (malapropisms)and then, finding out there are characters with names like Butch Cassidy, Lolly Jolly and Jerry Cherry...well, I just couldn't continue. There might be a decent mystery in there somewhere but I'm not going to dig past the ridiculousness to get to it.
Terry
Another good light read in the Chocoholic Mystery series. These books are repetitive and sort of silly but I like the setting in Michigan; it reminds me of Leland, Michigan where I vacation. This one is especially interesting to me since the murders occur in the local library and the protagonist works in a chocolate shop and loves chocolate. So, a mystery that involves a library and chocolate--what's not to like.
Susan
When Lee is invited to join the local library board, she visits a meeting to see what it's like. That's why she's present when one of the other board members is found dead in the basement. That's also why she meets the hunky new library director, which sets off immediate sparks. Too bad she's already married--although why is her husband Joe having secret meetings with his scheming old girlfriend? When there's a second death in the library, Lee herself is threatened.
Ruth Turner
Ok, now that's the end of JoAnna Carl books that I have for now. I loved every one of her books that I have read. I do wish that Authors, who write books in a series would mark them Book 1 etc. It would make it a lot easier to read them in order. By the way Joe and Lee ended on a happy up swing.
Val
Jul 01, 2014 Val rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: mystery
I enjoy the chocolate tips and factoids in these books almost as much as I enjoy the mysteries. In this one, someone is killing people in the library of all places! Who and why are the questions to be answered. Along the way there are some personal intrigues as well.
Marjorie
Chocoholic mystery, OMGosh how fantastic!!! I have read all of these and enjoyed each as much as the other. The chocolate trivia is very interesting and the story line is always good. Read this if you like mysteries, chocolate, Michigan, chocolate trivia, etc., etc!
Annmarie Kostyk
Carl never disappoints. The stories are based not to Far from where I grew up, there's a chocolate shop involved, and I can never figure out who the killer is an any of her books. WHat more can you asK for in a good read?
NVTony
Was a fun mystery which I enjoyed. This is an on going series thus found current book a tad thin on plot. Worth an evening read.
Darci Clark
Love love her series! I cannot wait for the next book. I always crave chocolate while I read her books.
Sarah Adamson
Chocolate, books, a mystery in a library, history and romance. Almost the perfect book! A good fun cozy mystery!
Mark Baker
Lee sits in on a library board meeting, but the missing member is found murdered at the bottom of the basement stairs. The woman was quiet, and everyone seemed to like her. So why was she murdered?

These books are always light and fun, and this is no exception. I do wish we'd see more of the sizeable collection of supporting characters, but Lee is always a fun host to a fast paced puzzle that will leave you drooling for chocolate and the next book.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Lee Margaret
This is another fun cookbook mystery. It's actually full of chocolate which I enjoyed reading about. The nice thing is you can pretend to try it without actually doing it. Yummy.

Shasta Matova
Even though this book is apparently #13 in the series, it is the first that I have read. It is a quick and easy read, and I enjoyed it. Make sure you have some chocolate at home when you read it! It reminded me of the coffeehouse mystery series.
Nancy H
Another good entry in this series, one that always makes me want to eat chocolate!
Stephanie
Very enjoyable mystery, book is very well written, character are well developed and interesting. The book moves along at a good pace. I think I might have jumped into the middle of a series with this book, but it really doesn't matter because 1st or last book you get to know the characters and the place in this book. Story lines is something that could possilbly happen to anyone of us. Reminds me a little of murder she wrote wish I love. Would definitely suggest this book as a comfort book and e ...more
Tracy
Very good story line. Halfway through the book I couldn't put it down because I wanted to know who the murderer was. Slow start , but ends with a bang.
Carol
Probably the most notable thing about the Chocoholic Mystery series for me is Lee's tongue tangles. I thoroughly despise them, and I've scored some of these books lower just because of the overuse of slips of the tongue. There were a few of them in this book as well, but mostly near the beginning. After that, I could enjoy the story and mystery much better without stumbling over the annoying slips. Am I overreacting to this meant-to-be endearing characteristic? Yeah, maybe, but it's a pet peeve ...more
Linda
Looking forward to the next one and craving a really good truffle.
Norma
Looking forward to the next JoAnna Carl book.
Quick read, not a lot of meat to it but interesting.
D E
Part of series - excellent as usual.
  • Murder of a Stacked Librarian (A Scumble River Mystery, #16)
  • A Catered Christmas Cookie Exchange (A Mystery with Recipes, #9)
  • Lending a Paw (A Bookmobile Cat Mystery #1)
  • The Fatal Funnel Cake (A Fresh-Baked Mystery, #8)
  • Going, Going, Ganache (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #5)
  • Cat Trick (Magical Cats, #4)
  • Hen of the Baskervilles (Meg Langslow, #15)
  • Board Stiff (A Dead-End Job Mystery, #12)
  • Poisoned Prose (A Books by the Bay Mystery #5)
  • That Old Flame of Mine
  • Christmas Carol Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #20)
  • Killer in Crinolines
  • Illegally Iced (Donut Shop Mystery, #9)
  • The Missing Dough (Pizza Lovers, #6)
  • Brush with Death (The Gray Whale Inn Mysteries, #5)
  • The Book Stops Here (A Bibliophile Mystery, #8)
  • Out of Circulation (Cat in the Stacks, #4)
  • Killing Cupid (A Jaine Austen Mystery #12)
JOANNA CARL is the pseudonym for the multi-published mystery writer Eve K. Sandstrom. The author writes about the shores of Lake Michigan and has been reviewed in Michigan newspapers as a “regional writer.” She has also written about Southwest Oklahoma and once won an award for the best book of the year with an Oklahoma setting.

Eve K. Sandstrom is an Oklahoman to the teeth: she was born there, as
More about JoAnna Carl...
The Chocolate Cat Caper (A Chocoholic Mystery, #1) The Chocolate Bear Burglary (A Chocoholic Mystery, #2) The Chocolate Frog Frame-Up (A Chocoholic Mystery, #3) The Chocolate Mouse Trap (A Chocoholic Mystery, #5) The Chocolate Snowman Murders (A Chocoholic Mystery, #8)