Start by marking “Prince William: The Man Who Will Be King” as Want to Read:
Prince William: The Man Who Will Be King

Prince William: The Man Who Will Be King

An “unputdownable” biography of the future king of England with “intriguing new details” about Kate and Diana by a #1 New York Times bestselling author (Daily Beast).

His face is recognized the world over, his story is well known.  But what is Prince William really like?

As Diana’s eldest son, he was her confidant. While the tabloids eagerly lapped up the lurid details of
Published June 5th 2012 by Pegasus Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Prince William, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prince William

Joy H.
Added 3/4/17. (first published January 1st 2012)

Very interesting, except for some minor details I wasn't interested in.

GOOGLE PAGE: https://books.google.com/books?id=A6_...
Denise
Mar 14, 2013 Denise rated it really liked it
Shelves: biographies
This has been a very entertaining and enjoyable book. It covers Prince William’s life from day one, and gives the reader some background as to what his parents’ life was like before he was born. I know the public tend to judge both his parents in one way or another, but to me they are just humans with a lot of issues like anybody else. Even Diana, with all her charm and good will had her emotional ups and downs, but I don’t doubt that she did her best to raise both princes. And the same goes for ...more
Richard  Allen
Mislead by Title

This book about Prince William seemed to be about him and Kate, but the the author had her dagger out and rey to praise Charles and cut out Diana's heart. I am not a fan of this kind of fluffy writing. It was a waste of time and money in my opinion. When looks at her other look titles, you can better understand my view. I felt like I was reading a gossip column.
Meaghan Andrews
Dec 29, 2016 Meaghan Andrews rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Katee
Jul 03, 2014 Katee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having been enthralled with the monarchy and the country of England since I was young, I was excited to gain a more in depth knowledge of Prince William. The book details the lives of Princes William and Harry, and makes mention to Prince Charles and Princess Diana.

I feel as if I gained more of an understanding of the relationship between Diana and Charles than I did of Prince William. I was eleven when Diana died, and have frequently thought she was the victim in the relationship she shared wi
Hal
Dec 19, 2012 Hal rated it liked it
This biography by Penny Junor certainly would have met with Court approval as it is more of a tribute to William decidedly of the hagiography nature. In its defense however there is much to like about the young man. Tackling the challenges the trials and tribulations his parents brought upon him he has to a great measure restored faith in the monarchy of the British subjects.

The book offers some glimpses into the wreck that his mother Diana was behind the scenes. But as she has been deified by p
Serri
Apr 07, 2013 Serri rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Interesting look into the royal family. What surprised me a bit was that the book did not read as much like a story as I would have hope. Instead it was more like reading a long newspaper article from a multi-part series recounting the history of both stories that were in the news and some that were not. If the book is to be believed, I was glad to see that both Princes William and Harry had a strong relationships with their mother and have a strong relationships with father and their royal gran ...more
Penny Pennella
This book was mentioned during the TV coverage of Elizabeth's 60 Jubilee. I requested the IMCPL to buy the book and I really enjoyed the read. This is the 2nd. time in my life that I have had to change my very made up opinion of someone. Prince William is not the idiot I thought him to be. This book states he's a doting father and has always been. He was very manipulated by Diana and she worked the press to her favor and his detriment. I loved reading it and she paints a picture of a really arti ...more
Deanna Mendoza
May 09, 2014 Deanna Mendoza rated it really liked it
I love how Junor starts the book by going in depth about the "war of the Windsor's". This demonstrates what Prince William had to grow up around and how those events helped shaped him into the man he is today. In this book you find out about the Prince's distaste for the media, his desire to live a normal life, his university and military careers, and his many charitable works. Prince William understands that the role of the monarchy is changing and it is interesting to see how he is adapting to ...more
Megan
For a book about William, there were a lot of details about his parents - too much in my opinion. I got the feeling that the author was trying to make everyone feel sorry for Charles, and the Royal family as a whole, because of the way Diana portrayed them to the public. This part was way too pushy to me and kind of annoyed me.

The was also a lot of praising of William, some of which was rightly deserved but a lot of it was just too much. This book was a little hard to read at times, but was over
April
Aug 15, 2016 April rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have always liked William and Kate, despite not knowing much (factual info) about them. I thought this was a great listen, as several people narrated the quotes, so it seemed very authentic. I enjoyed learning a little more about Diana, Charles and especially Harry. I have loads of respect for Will and Kate, and Harry too.
Beth Baier
Aug 01, 2016 Beth Baier rated it really liked it
I enjoy learning about the Royal Family for some reason... and this book held lots of detailed info about all of them... from the Queen, Prince Charles, Princess Diana, and Princes William & Harry... along with Kate Middleton, too. Sometimes, it contained too much detail that it lost my interest... but it was a 'good read'.
Ronda Kelley
Nov 12, 2013 Ronda Kelley rated it did not like it
I started reading this, but couldn't finish it as I felt the opinions were very one sided & made to make certain persons appear really bad & portray others in a better light. I don't recommend it if you are looking for a more honest,objective opinion.
Susan Ward
Apr 27, 2013 Susan Ward rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a fast read, but an interesting one.
Liza
Aug 30, 2012 Liza rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Person who knows nothing about Royal Family
Recommended to Liza by: no one
I didn't finish this book, boring and uninteresting.
Pat Lampe
Sep 19, 2012 Pat Lampe rated it liked it
I like to read about royalty so I enjoyed this book. A thorough examination of William 's life.
Erin
Aug 19, 2014 Erin added it
I did not read the updated version, which probably includes Prince George. My copy was copyrighted 2012.
Donita
Sep 13, 2012 Donita rated it liked it
It was an interesting read. The author was prejudiced towards the royal family, but I guess she would be.
David Norris
May 21, 2015 David Norris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found it clear and very informative. I recommend it to any one interested in the royal family.
Ania
Nov 27, 2013 Ania rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, 2013
I really wish there was more discussion on Kate in this book - but overall I enjoyed it. I did feel that it portrayed Diana in a very negative light.
Brooke Legnon
Jan 10, 2014 Brooke Legnon rated it it was amazing
Very easy and insightful read. Really enjoyed!
Linda Stock
May 07, 2017 Linda Stock rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed it. Parts were very slow reads, especially when talking about his military service, but overall it was a very good read!
Claire
Jan 03, 2014 Claire rated it really liked it
Shelves: royal

I liked this biography because it wasn't full of the jet-set fancy part of William's life. You can really get a sense of who William is. Great writing and an easy read. Junor is one of my favorite royal writers.
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2012
Beth Millman
Beth Millman rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2016
Allison
Allison rated it really liked it
May 28, 2013
Meghan Brooks
Meghan Brooks rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2015
Tim Balfanz
Tim Balfanz rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2017
Shainna
Shainna rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2012
Vicki Spiel sanchez
Vicki Spiel sanchez rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Born in Leatherhead, Surrey, Junor was educated at the independent Benenden School in Kent and read History at St Andrews University, but left in her second year to get married.

Junor has worked for the Evening Standard and a column for Private Eye lasted five years.

Best known for her books on the British Royal Family, she has written biographies of Diana, Princess of Wales (1982) and Charles, Prin
More about Penny Junor...