Start by marking “Simply Scandalous (House of Pleasure, #9)” as Want to Read:
Simply Scandalous (House of Pleasure, #9)

Simply Scandalous (House Of Pleasure #9)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  352 ratings  ·  47 reviews

As a former spy, Violet Le
Published December 24th 2012 by Aphrodisia (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Simply Scandalous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Simply Scandalous

Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
2 1/2 Stars

Simply Scandalous is the last book in the House of Pleasure series, and as much as I loved getting both Richard's PLUS Emily and Ambrose's story in one book, I felt the author's heart just wasn't in the telling. The characters felt lackluster and the plot rushed and convoluted.

All in all, I have LOVED reading this series. Normally these type of sexually explicit books–that take me waaay out of my comfort zone–don't work for me, but I have very much enjoyed spending time in the compel
Letitia
Rating: C ... Heat: Sizzling

Simply Scandalous should not be read as a standalone. If you really wanted to, you could figure everything out as you go but, as I discovered, it isn’t terribly easy. I spent the first 30% of this book thinking, ‘Huh?’ and ‘Who?’ and ‘What?’ Which made it difficult to simply immerse myself in. But, eventually, it all began to make sense and I was able to really sink into the House of Pleasure world.

The first character we meet is Richard Ross, a former spy now enjoying

Eileen
sniff sniff Sad to say that my Simply Pleasures series has come to an end. Simply Scandalous is the last book and it is the story of siblings Richard and Emily Ross. These are Helene's stepchildren from Phillip and they each get their own HEA. Richard's story might have been the main story but I liked the secondary story of Ambrose and Emily. Emily had a bit of growing up to do and i'm glad that she was headstrong and followed her heart. Good story with a twist at the end with a bit of mystery b ...more
Lindy
Reviewed for TwoLips Reviews, LLC
5 Kisses, Recommended Read
3 Peppers - M/F, M/M, M/M/F, oral & anal sex, public sex

Richard Ross has always been the "white sheep" of his scandalous family. He's the half brother of Christian Delornay who runs the pleasure house that he inherited from their mother. Violet Lennox was Richard's first love, but she supposedly died years ago and he mourned her deeply. Now she's back from the dead and masquerading as a man, Vincent Lennox. She and her twin brother J
Alycia
"Simply Scandalous" was a good ending to the House of Pleasure Series. I must preface this review by saying that this book cannot be read as a stand-alone. Many of the minor characters are recurring and have had their own books in the series.

This book was about Richard Ross from the Ross-Delornay family. A retired spy that lost the love of his life, a french loyalist who was shot in front of him in France. Although, things are not what they appear. A man by the name of Vincent Lennox mysterious
Beth
Richard Ross was a spy for England in France. Now that he has retired to England, no one knows of his past service for his country including his family. He is considered the “dull” family member. Richard left his heart in France when he witnesses the death of the woman he loves, Violet.

Violet LeNy is a former spy, and running for her life. She runs right into Richard Ross path. Not only is she not dead but he might be the only one to save her from a double agent’s assassination plans.

Both Richa
Kimberly
My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-r...

After years away from home, Richard Ross has finally returned to London to be with his family. But even the delights of his stepmother’s pleasure house cannot distract Richard from the rut he finds himself in. Then an encounter with an enticing stranger changes everything…

Violet Lennox, a former spy known as Violet LeNy, has come to London with her twin seeking safety. What she finds instead is Richard, the ma
Crystal
This review was first posted at Reading Between the Wines!

Richard Ross is a dull man compared to the rest of his Ross-Delornay family. Or at least they think so. The truth is, Richard has been living quite a fascinating life as a part time spy for the crown. A part time job that once was quite active when he was in France ten years ago. Of course, working for the crown wasn't the only thing he was doing in France. No he also fell in love with Violet LeNy, and then she was murdered in front of hi
~Lei ~  Reading Is An Adventure ~
Wrapped up this series in a nice little bow. If I recall (view spoiler).

This is actually two couple's story - Richard and his long-lost love Violet and Emily and Ambrose. I liked some of the earlier books in the series better but this was satisfying.
Yolanda
I love this author. I received this book from Net Galley awhile back and started it and didn't finish. i'm so glad for Net galley because I just read Tempting a Sinner by Pearce and loved it. that is what made me go back to this book. Im so glad I did. I enjoy her writing. its not for everyone especially those who don't like explicit love scenes, but I loved them. Also MM sex. Now I have read all of her books out of order. I have them all on my amazon and all romance wish list waiting on a sale. ...more
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Richard Ross has come home from war to make peace with his family. He never expected to meet a former lover, one whose lies he thought he left behind on the continent. Now he must reconcile all the pieces of his past or risk losing what he wants the most.

There is nothing like masquerading as a man to perfect one’s ability at deception. If only Violet LeNy did not have to depend on her former lover’s help. Now she and her brother must depend on the goodwill of the man she wronged, if he can ever
Lee Anne - OMG! Spring is Finally Here!
This review will appear at http://romantichistoricallovers.wordp... on December 24, 2012

Simply Scandalous is perfectly scandalous! It’s a wonderful, hot , erotic, historical romance that spans continents and years. I loved every minute of decadence contained in this story.

So, what’s there to love about Simply Scandalous? Well, everything! What does this story not have? It has spies, romance, secrets, kidnapping, inter-racial relationships, brothels, intrigue, conspiracy, bastille survivors, and
May Mostly Romance
เรื่องนี้บอกว่าเป็นเล่มสุดท้ายในชุด House of Pleasures ซึ่งเป็นเรื่องแนวย้อนยุคอีโรติคที่เราติดตามอ่านมานานหลายปี แต่พอเอาเข้าจริง ตัวละครที่ปรากฎในเล่มนี้ก็จะกลายเป็นตัวเอกในเรื่องชุดใหม่ของคนแต่งอยู่ดีนะคะ

เล่มนี้เป็นบทสรุปเรื่องราวความรักของตัวละครสองคู่ และขอบอกว่า ในกระบวนหนังสือทั้งชุดเรารู้สึกว่า เล่มนี้มีความเป็นโรแมนซ์ และโรแมนติคมากกว่าเล่มอื่น ๆ ในชุด ซึ่งนั่นหมายความว่า ฉากเซ็กส์ในเล่มนี้ฮ็อตน้อยกว่าเล่มอื่น ๆ (แต่เมื่อเปรียบเทียบกัน ก็ยังถือว่าร้อนแรงอยู่ดี)

เรื่องราวถึงริชาร์ด รอสส์
GONZA
Well my problems with this books were essentially two: first there were too many characters at one and I couldn't remember them all, I knew that if I pick up the 9th book in a series this could really be a problem so I was right. Second the total and complete research of pleasure, not love or whatever, only pleasure, is a little bit problematic of an old romantic person like me. So I was not the right woman for this book, but this doesn't mean that is not to be appreciated, because the plot was ...more
Mary
Simply Scandalous

Kate Pearce
December 2012 reissue of 2013 release, Erotic Romance (1827 England)
Aphrodisia, $14.00, 320 pages, Amazon ASIN 0758269471

Grade: C
Sensuality: Burning

I remember the first time that I read Dune by Frank Herbert. It took me 150 pages to figure out who was who and what was going on. There were so many characters and intrigues and Hebert just dropped the reader right into the middle of the action to figure it out for ourselves. I sort of felt this way with Kate Pearce’s Sim
The Little Bookish
3 stars

I may as well say that this book has two different stories with slightly a little bit connected. So, I am going to talk about Richard and Violet. Two were already a couple back in France but things didn't go their ways and they separated until they met again and with a different quest. The romance was mild that I didn't really enjoy but I liked the mystery and it was thrilling. The excitement of puzzle solving was captivating and I couldn't stop from turning pages.

Another story is Richar
Pam Godwin
The ninth book in the House of Pleasure series is an incisive plot of sex, deception, and spies in Regency London. But the mysteries take too long to play out and the romance suffers from a feeble focal point. The relationship between Richard and Violet is a moody, manipulative affair that never fully grabs hold. The side stories and battling liaisons between Violet's brother, Richard's sister, and Ambrose create a claustrophobic texture that smothers the Violet/Richard development.

For mystery/
Jenn Cunha
Received my copy from NetGalley.

Okay, this book had me going back and forth between 3 and 4 stars. I feel that if I had read other books in the Simply series I would have given it that extra star. It felt like their were too many story lines all coming together and interweaving. One second, you're dealing with the Mr. Brown mystery and the next you're dealing with Mr. Smith. It was hard to keep switching back and forth.

I wanted more history about Violet and Richard (which in all fairness, we ma
D.C.
ABOUT THE BOOK: After years of fighting on the continent, Richard Ross has finally returned to London to make peace with his father, and the erotic delights of his stepmother’s Pleasure House provide a welcome distraction for his war-weary heart. But he is shocked to encounter someone there whose resemblance to his lost love leaves him both tempted and tormented…

As a former spy, Violet LeNy has mastered the art of deception. But there is no disguising the heated passion that still burns between
Toomanymuses
I am a big fan of Kate Pearce, so I was excited when I heard another book recently came out. I was, however, very disappointed in this book, Simply Scandalous. I found myself skipping pages, several at a time, throughout the whole book trying to keep my interest. It kept jumping from one couple to the next. I felt that if she would have separated the two couples Ambrose/Emily and Richard/Violet into separate books it might have helped. The sex in this book was typical of a Pearce book... however ...more
Musa
I would have enjoyed the book much more if there were more to the background story on Richard and Violet back in their Paris days. There were a lot of inference on Paris, but as a reader, I didn't feel what happened there much aside it's been mentioned between the characters. The sub-plot of Emily and Ambrose... while it's sweet, it kind of distract the main plot a little bit. The spy story line is always a good one to read and I'm sad to see that this is the last one in the series!
Pam
This was the first book I've read of this series, and of course it's the last book (#9). I'd like to go back and read one of the others in the series so I'll have to be on the look-out for this series. There were some elements that I didn't necessarily prefer, but I kept reading. The only drawback I can think of, in my opinion, is that there wasn't enough feeling between the two main characters or it wasn't put across. There's was a lot of sex, but not a lot of sexual tension. Sexual tension can ...more
Valeri
I love the simply series by Kate Pearce. This book doesn't disappoint. In this installment she added a bit more mystery and had a secondary couple as well. like all of her books it is very well written and scorching hot! The interesting part of this read for me was that i was more vested with the secondary couple. Still loved it and look forward to her books.

Some pointers about this series: if you don't like lots of hot and steamy sex, this is not the book for you. Also, it helps to read all of
Allsopian
not one thing I didn't like, it was awesome, the whole series is incredible
Kathy
Simply Scandalous is the deliciously sexy final installment of Kate Pearce’s House of Pleasure series. An intriguing mystery and a secondary romance make this novel a little different from the other books in the series. The sex scenes are still smoking hot and longtime fans of the series will be delighted with the wrap up of all the various storylines. To read my review in its entirety, please click HERE.
Barbara
Disappointing is the best word to describe this book. I have read all the Simply books and although a few others were not great, I expected better for Richard and Emily. Richard is re-united with his true love he thought was dead, but the story had no real punch to it. Emily and Ambrose's story was better, but readers already knew their back story. I still think Jane and Blaize's story was the best of all with Valentine and Sara's a close second and Helene and Phillip's right behind.
Airaseem Perdomo
I am sad to finish this series because I really care about the characters and how everything came together in the end was nice. We get two couple stories in one book. I don't know I feel about it because it was all over the place changing POV and it felt rushed to finish. I love this series and wished it would never end.
Tammy
This one kind of was flat for me. I went back and forth from 2 to 4 stars, so I averaged it out to a 3. Was just meh. Not as good as some of Kate's other books. It won't stop me from reading others from her though.

Copy kindly provided from NetGalley in exchange for honest review.
Meredith
A thoroughly enjoyable story that ties up many loose ends from previous books. It surrounds the mystery of a french spy who is out to kill someone who is supposed to already be dead. You will never see the ending coming.
Michela Walters
Dec 24, 2012 Michela Walters marked it as flounced
Shelves: arc-netgalley
Too many names I can't keep track of. Maybe if I started at the beginning of the series, I might be able to figure it out, but right now I have better books to read right now. So I'm flouncing just for being confusing.
  • Hot Silk (Rodesson's Daughters, #3)
  • The Reluctant Countess
  • An Introduction to Pleasure (Mistress Matchmaker, #1)
  • A Devil's Touch (The Devil DeVere #4.5)
  • In the Flesh (Ladies' Sewing Circle, #5)
  • Relentless Seduction
  • Guilty as Sin
  • One Wrong Move (McClouds & Friends #9)
  • Some Like It Wicked (Daring Duchesses, #1)
  • The Mighty Quinns: Logan (The Mighty Quinns, #23)
  • Midnight Lies (Wildefire, #2)
  • The Christmas He Loved Her (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #2)
  • Prisoner of Love (Brothers in Arms, #8)
  • Lady of Pleasure (School of Gallantry #3)
NYT and USA Today bestselling author Kate Pearce was born into a large family of girls in England, and spent much of her childhood living very happily in a dream world. Despite being told that she really needed to 'get with the program', she graduated from the University College of Wales with an honors degree in history.

A move to the USA finally allowed her to fulfill her dreams and sit down and w
More about Kate Pearce...

House Of Pleasure (9 books)
  • Simply Sexual (House of Pleasure #1)
  • Simply Sinful (House of Pleasure #2)
  • Simply Shameless (House of Pleasure #3)
  • Simply Wicked (House of Pleasure #4)
  • Simply Insatiable (House of Pleasure #5)
  • Simply Forbidden (House of Pleasure #6)
  • Simply Carnal (House of Pleasure #7)
  • Simply Voracious (House of Pleasure #8)
Simply Sexual (House of Pleasure #1) Simply Sinful (House of Pleasure #2) Simply Shameless (House of Pleasure #3) Simply Wicked (House of Pleasure #4) Simply Insatiable (House of Pleasure #5)