Start by marking “Just Breathe” as Want to Read:
Just Breathe

Just Breathe

4.7 of 5 stars 4.70  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  11 reviews
After losing her husband, her job, and her sanity, single mom Lola Sommers needs a plan. It’s time to get back on track, and the tiny all-American town of Hope River seems like the perfect place to do it. But when Lola decides that fixing up her aunt’s dilapidated house sounds more inviting than fixing up her life, she faces a new complication - the bossy and delicious Mat...more
Published 2012 by Balboa Press

To ask other readers questions about Just Breathe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Breathe

Betty Davidson
I read this book as I discovered Bonnie James is a local author to my home state Minnesota. I don't usually read romances but she has inspired me to read more romance novels. I loved the characters and the setting of the story - very down to earth and good people with a sense of humor and good qualities. I'm looking forward to more books from her. This is her first novel.
Simone
The characters are real and likeable, and I rooted for Matt and Lola all the way. Being from the midwest, I loved being able to picture the locations and character(s) of a small town. I appreciate reading a romance novel that isn't cheesey, but instead fills you with sweet hope that sometimes the right people do get together.
Kellee
First of all, I just want to say that I won this book through the Goodreads giveaways and I couldn't be happier!! Bonnie J. James has written an utterly beautiful story that makes you fall in love with the characters and their town.

Just Breathe was a beautiful and engaging read. I wanted to crawl inside of this book and live in this adorable little town. I loved all of the characters, but especially Lola, Sam, and Matt. I loved Lola because she was strong even though she had gone through so much...more
Pamela
A well told story delivered with respect and sensitivity, which also includes well-developed and likeable characters. It’s a story of grief when you lose a loved one, and how hard it is to move on to find happiness once again for not only yourself, but also your child. Bonnie James weaves a beautiful tale of finding happiness when following yours dreams and opening your broken heart once again with the hope of falling in love.

As much as I enjoyed the novel, I found the ending to be quite abrupt...more
Jodi Bowersox
Bonnie J. James' small town romance does what good books should do--makes you want to keep reading. She deals with the subject of loss and moving on with life with depth, and doesn't try to rush her characters through it.

If I have any complaint, it's that her small town seems almost too good to be true, but perhaps Bonnie's experience with small towns has been different than mine.

Realistic dialogue, character depth, humor, and just plain delicious romance makes this a 5 star read.
Kristen
i don't normally read romance novels, so i wasn't sure what to expect. what i got was a sweet, real, relatable story with characters that i fell in love with. lola is strong-willed, likeable and maddeningly stubborn, and matt is patient, kind and well, pretty much perfect! great writing. can't wait to read the next one!
Heather Anderson
I absolutely loved this book! The development of Lola's character and relationship with Hope River was fascinating to read. Putting the book down after the initial 40 pages was an impossible challenge! The author has a similar style to Nicholas Sparks and other romantic/dramatic novels. I highly recommend Just Breathe.
Kari

I loved it- heart-warming and cozy!
It would be perfect to read in the summer curled up in the Sun. I also adored the descriptions of her son. It reminds me of conversations I've had with mom friends about their boys- especially "Sam's warm dirty scent reminded Lola of a wet puppy".
Dagmar Mueller
Awesome read!!! I love her story telling! Got to know Bonnie as co-worker and I love her novel. So all my SMU Peeps this is a must read! :-)
Sara
Looking forward to reading Bonnie's next book!
Michele
Love it!!! :)
Judi S
Judi S marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2013
Roz Curney-Sherod
Roz Curney-Sherod marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2013
Kayleen
Kayleen marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013
Lovelee
Lovelee marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2013
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2013
Kera
Kera added it
Apr 21, 2013
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2013
Amy West
Amy West marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2013
Lucia
Lucia marked it as to-read
Danielle Calabrese
Danielle Calabrese marked it as to-read
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Dana
Dana added it
Mar 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
What's your favorite small town romance novel? 1 2 Nov 25, 2012 04:35PM
Bonnie J. James has traveled and lived abroad, but many of her fondest memories are from the small Wisconsin town where she grew up. She loves to weave her hometown setting and rural upbringing into the stories of her romance novels.

Before becoming a novelist, Bonnie was an elementary special education teacher. She decided to stay home when her second son was born and found a little time to squeez...more
More about Bonnie J. James...
No Regrets - 2014 ABNA Entry