Start by marking “Isn't It Time for a Coffee Break?: Doing Life Together in an All-About-Me Kind of World” as Want to Read:

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Filled with humor and Bible-based encouragement, Isn’t it Time for a Coffee Break? offers a fresh perspective on relationships.

- Find practical ideas for reaching out to your neighbors and community.
- Discover the joy of living generously.
- Learn the keys to strong friendships.
- Overcome hesitations about inviting people into your home.
- Experience the freedom of forgivene
Published January 1st 2013 by Barbour Books

To ask other readers questions about Isn't It Time for a Coffee Break?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Isn't It Time for a Coffee Break?

Jocelyn Green
I have long believed that while social media can draw certain friends closer, it can also fool us into believing we have "enough" virtual connections online, so we don't seek out real friendships and community as much as we would otherwise. This is a mistake.

In her book Isn't It Time for a Coffee Break?, Amelia Rhodes jolts us awake to the fact that there is simply no substitute for flesh-and-blood relationships. Not only is life-together better for us as individuals, it's how God designed us to
Jennifer Lay
I normally don't like reading, but with this book I just couldn't wait to read the next chapter. I was reading this with a group of friends and I had to keep telling myself not to read ahead. This is one book that I read all the way through and wouldn't mind to read over and over. What an awsome book!
Patty Knight
This book is a wonderful, fresh perspective on the importance of taking time out of your busy schedule for friendships - something easy to skip during the busy "mommy years".
Ibelisse Sanchez
Isn’t it Time for a Coffee Break? Author Amelia Rhodes undeniably thinks so. Her debut book by the same title challenges women to seriously consider making time for friendships with other Godly women as part and parcel of living life.

Rhodes offers a smooth and aromatic read you can visually gobble up in a few hours. This pop art-esque designed book offers a handful of spiritual seeds you can sow in order to reap a rich and overflowing brew of friendship.

Using a coffee metaphor skillfully woven t
Sharon Chance
This is a charming bible-study guide that would be perfect for women's groups and small groups. Rhodes adds in stories of her life with great advice on how to become more involved in your community, be it spiritual or everyday life.

I appreciated the thought-provoking questions at the end of each chapter and the generous amount of blank pages for notes. I look forward to reading more in the "Circle of Friends" series of studies.
This book has meaningful examples from the author’s life that will help you in your day to day struggles. It is mostly about how to get and keep friendships with other women. I gave this book 4/5 stars. I thought the idea of the book was great. I did at times, however, feel like the author was over explaining some of her points. Sometimes it felt like she was writing to a teenager instead of an adult. Overall it was a helpful book with practical advice. I would recommend the book to anyone wanti ...more
Susie Finkbeiner
I love how this author used a blend of Scripture, personal stories, and creative ideas to craft a book about relationships and community. She writes with humor, vulnerability, and sensitivity. I appreciate the way that she looked to her friends and family for illustrations of how to build relationships. This book is fantastic for groups, a few friends, or to be read over a cup of coffee in your living room. It also makes a great gift.

A few extras that I really appreciate about this book...

Two paragraphs in to the introduction and I was hooked. I was reading a story I had lived. The rest of the book is a pleasant read as the author weaves personal stories in with biblical truth. This is a book women can enjoy, laugh with, and learn from. The discussion questions and pages for notes make it a good choice for a group study. The chapters would be easy and enjoyable homework ending with a fun discussion and a cup of coffee together as a group. I think it would be especially good for a ...more
Peter DeHaan
Amelia Rhodes shares her journey of forging friendships to build community in order to provide mutual support and encouragement. Each of her six chapters in "Isn’t it Time for a Coffee Break?" cleverly builds on coffee metaphors – the aroma of relationships, brew a strong cup, the variety of blends, and so forth. In doing so, she uses personal narrative to show the value of pursuing deeper friendships.

Enjoy this book while savoring your favorite coffee concoction – and then share it with a frie
What a great book. Such simple & profound truths about why it's so important that we as Christian women live in community. Friendships with other women can be some of the hardest things in life, but so rewarding, as the author continually points out. I loved the discussion questions at the end of each chapter that really had you think through and apply the key points from each chapter. Great read!
Amelia Elizabeth
I have mixed feelings about this book. Full review can be read here.
Amelia Rhodes is a local author so some of the people and locations she mentioned were familiar. We weren't put on this earth alone, and Amelia shows how God wants us to be in relationships with others.
Great book. Spiritually encouraging as well as challenging. Definitely recommend.
Kristine McGuire
Excellent. Nice little book with space to write your own thoughts, etc.
Elizabeth Hawkins
Elizabeth Hawkins marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Becki marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Christina Elliston
Christina Elliston marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Leea Dipentino
Leea Dipentino is currently reading it
Nov 23, 2014
Brianne marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Mary Kenyon
Mary Kenyon marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Chris marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Kaitlyn marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Brandy marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Amelia communicates with the heart of a friend who is walking on a journey with you.

As an author and a speaker, Amelia has a passion for taking the everyday stories of life and connecting them with God’s truths. Her style as a storyteller is personable and authentic and relates to women of all ages. Her messages encourage women to:

Live an authentic life with each other.
Discover how deeply they a
More about Amelia Rhodes...