Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “The Stadium (The Peeling, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Stadium (The Peeling, #2)
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

The Stadium (The Peeling #2)

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  126 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
The Peeling is a series of novellas set in a world ravaged by a deadly plague. Each book follows the individual story of one of the survivors of this horrible new existence. They can be enjoyed as standalone tales or as part of a larger, overall narrative.

BOOK 2: The Stadium

Brett went to the football stadium
Kindle Edition, 186 pages
Published April 25th 2012
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about The Stadium, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stadium

This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30 of 262)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  Rating Details
May 19, 2016 Joanne rated it liked it
Many of the other reviews complained because, "The Stadium", was so short and then a long preview of another book was included at the end. I didn't get a free preview, but the cost of the book was $0.00, so I can't complain.

This version of, "The Peeling" is much less gross than the first. In this one, some people hear the rumor that the sick are not contagious and that those who aren't sick are the carriers, but won't get sick. That was a rumor in the first book, as well, and we still don't real
Kristin (Blood,Sweat and Books)

I love this series, I truly do. The Peeling: Book 2 did not disappoint. In this installment we meet a group of survivors quarantined in a stadium. The group is being held against their will and are none to happy about it. While they try and go on with there lives The Peeling that has killed so many isn't done yet. This disease is nasty and bloody and I think that is why it is so interesting to read about. It doesn't matter who you are this disease holds no prejudice and will obliterate you if yo
Jun 05, 2013 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
This is Book 2 of The Peeling, each book is the story of a different survivor so this one is different from the first. The thing I like about these books is the way they are written. They're believable and Iain brings across the trauma of this illness really well.

You can get these books separately but you can also get them as one here;

These books are real page turners and as short stories they are something you can sit down and read over a cup of coffee or
Jul 17, 2012 Vix rated it it was amazing
The second installment of this gruesome new world. Mr Wright has imagined and brought to life (or death) a ghastly new disease of unknown cause but very known consequences.
He continues his absolutely stunning grip on the real horrors in the world (as superbly illustrated in his novel ASBO) and manages to bring forth the true nature of people in stressful situations and make them the real horror in the mess of apocalyptic terror.
As usual, the characters are rounded, with short but fulfilling back
A. Hunt
Feb 12, 2015 A. Hunt rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves horror!
This was a great segment to The Peeling series. I wish they were much longer, but I have to say, it gave a realistic view to what happens when the world falls on its ear. I can't wait to hit the next section, but I'm all caught up in The Final Winter and need to finish it! (I had to read it in about six days, since I have family in town, but I could have easily finish sit in two or three!)
Feb 05, 2015 Kimberly rated it it was ok
Highly disappointed in this book... I was shocked to find out that the actually story was only 25% of this book and a different story was the remaining 75%! Why would you put that in the middle of a series? Why not put it in book 3 so you could then read the preview and move on to that book! DUMB!!!
Nev Murray
Nov 11, 2014 Nev Murray rated it it was amazing
Mindblowingly brilliant.

This review was written before I started to take my reviewing seriously. I would need to re-read the book to give it a serious, detailed and fair review so the above review was what I posted at the time.
Kimberly Trivette
May 01, 2015 Kimberly Trivette rated it it was amazing
Can't wait to read the next one!! just imagine a plague really hitting like the peeling makes my skin crawl..People going nuts, dying in such pain...gory and scary. Bring on the next one!!
James Parry
Oct 24, 2015 James Parry rated it really liked it
Another Good Read

I'm really enjoying this series. It's good to see the world going to hell from different view points. 3 books to go.
Candice Mckinney
Jan 24, 2014 Candice Mckinney rated it really liked it
In The Stadium there are a group of people who are quarantined in a stadium. They do not have the disease. It was learned in the first book that the people without the disease are carriers. They are being held against their will with the army and police outside. There is another short story that has nothing to do with the Peeling included in the book. It is also very good!

Now on to book 3.

Ray Daley
Oct 04, 2014 Ray Daley rated it did not like it
Very pissed off by this part as it was packaged with part of another novel so I initially thought it was going to be longer.
Jul 08, 2014 Robi rated it really liked it
#1 was better but this one was good don't get me wrong, it just left you wanting to know what the heck was going on.....on to #3 to find out
Needed to just be added to Book #3. Have so much more to say about the series because I enjoyed it. I read the whole thing in less than the weekend. There are quite a few things that really enjoyed about this series that I would like to explore and the negatives, which include that hurried feeling, causing errors in grammar. The series is worthwhile making you wonder with all the apocalypse like books.
Wanda Hartzenberg
Nov 05, 2012 Wanda Hartzenberg rated it it was amazing
Like the first book this one drew me in from the start and had me turning the pages
faster than my Kindle could switch to the next page.
Jeremy, a nice kid all in all, is a fighter.
I do believe he will make it in the world to follow.
The question is -- who would like to live in such a world
I would recommend this to all horror lovers.
I cant wait to read more by this author
Dec 09, 2014 Jenni rated it it was ok
The story starts well but is very short - even for a novella, although sets up the background to book #3. I felt cheated that 75% of the book was actually some chapters from another book of Ian Rob Wright's. Had I not got this item for free when it was on offer on Amazon, I would have been very disappointed; a sample chapter is fine - 75% of the content is not.
May 12, 2013 Rose rated it liked it
Written in the same style as the first in this series, this one follows Brett who ends up in a football stadium with many other civilians. The civilians are being "guarded" by the military, which quickly turns into "being held captive" by the military.
Jul 06, 2013 Claire rated it it was amazing
Loved this second series of novellas in The Peeling story. Detail was good, the characters were well written, and the story flowed well and was easy to read. Great plot too.
Shell Shearer Swinscoe
Apr 29, 2015 Shell Shearer Swinscoe rated it it was amazing
this peeling thing is absolutely gross... but make for a fantastic read... Iain Rob Wright is an amazing author my favourite at the moment by a long way!
Andrea Swemley
Aug 03, 2012 Andrea Swemley rated it it was ok
couldn't wait to finish this book. I really didn't get the relation to the first book. It also just ended with no explanation, i was sort of relieved.
Gemma Baker
Mar 25, 2014 Gemma Baker rated it liked it
Disappointed as only 25% in and the story had finished for book 2- the other 75% was for another novel of Iain Rob Wright which I had already read :(
Aug 03, 2013 Matthew rated it really liked it
awesome installment in The Peeling saga
SensBaby21 marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Amanda rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Leanne Pert
Leanne Pert marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Luk.gib rated it did not like it
May 31, 2016
Cheryl marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Martha rated it really liked it
May 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next »
topics  posts  views  last activity   
Goodreads Librari...: Combine please 5 28 Aug 08, 2012 09:34AM  
  • Desolation
  • Undead Winter - Novella
  • The Boat
  • Noah's Ark
  • The Hungry Land (Living with the Dead #3)
  • Doctor Who Encyclopedia
  • The American Book of the Dead
  • The Skeleton Song (The Hollows, #0.5)
  • RIZEN: Tales of the Zombie Apocalypse
  • Scattered (The Nevermore Trilogy, #3.5)
  • Within (LZR-1143, #1.5)
  • All You Can Eat (Fat Vampire, #3)
  • Words With Fiends
  • Foreverland is Dead (Foreverland, #2)
  • The Dead Years - Volume 1
  • Z 2135
  • H10N1
  • Serial Killers Uncut
Iain Rob Wright is one of the UK's most successful horror and suspense writers, with novels including the critically acclaimed, THE FINAL WINTER; the disturbing bestseller, ASBO; and the wicked screamfest, THE HOUSEMATES.

His work is currently being adapted for graphic novels, audio books, and foreign audiences. He is an active member of the Horror Writer Association and a massive animal lover.

More about Iain Rob Wright...

Other Books in the Series

The Peeling (5 books)
  • Jeremy's Choice (The Peeling, #1)
  • Warriors (The Peeling, #3)
  • The Lights (The Peeling, #4)
  • Patient Zero

Share This Book

No trivia or quizzes yet. Add some now »