Start by marking “The Best Man (Blue Heron, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Best Man (Blue Heron, #1)

The Best Man (Blue Heron #1)

3.93  ·  Rating Details ·  20,713 Ratings  ·  1,604 Reviews
Sometimes The Best Man Is The One You Least Expect...

Faith Holland left her hometown after being jilted at the altar. Now a little older and wiser, she’s ready to return to the Blue Heron Winery, her family’s vineyard, to confront the ghosts of her past, and maybe enjoy a glass of red. After all, there’s some great scenery there....

Like Levi Cooper, the local police chief
Mass Market Paperback, 426 pages
Published February 26th 2013 by Harlequin HQN

To ask other readers questions about The Best Man, please sign up.

Kim Toward the beginning of the book it says he has straight dark blonde hair that's always a little messy.

willaful
I'm really puzzled about how to approach this review. There is much about this book that is sensitive, generous, moving, and funny. There is also much that feels like getting a pie in the face. With a rock in it.

Faith has an exceptionally bad history with men, even for a Higgins heroine. Her longterm sweetheart Jeremy came out to her at their wedding and it's been nothing but bad revelations ever since. Yet fate has chosen her to be a matchmaker for her widowed father, who the family fears is in
Mo
Jan 31, 2013 Mo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5

First off I want to say that I love Kristan Higgins. Have read all her books and totally love her stories, her characters, her humour, her dogs…. She has it all. Felt like I was waiting forever for this one as it only just became available NOW on KINDLE in Europe – why make us wait so long? Not fair…..

It is the story of Faith and Levi…. Oh and Jeremy is in there somewhere too.

Faith left her hometown after she was jilted at the altar.

Everybody loves her, she is popular, well off, has lots of
Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Jun 08, 2016 Susan Elizabeth Phillips rated it it was amazing
I just love Kristan Higgins’ author’s “voice.” She could write the phone book, and I’m sure I’d read it.
Didi
Feb 26, 2014 Didi rated it it was amazing
RE-READ JANUARY 15/16

10++++ MILLION STARS!!!!!!

I read this last year, loved it and then subsequently read everything else KH has ever written. I have faves from her amazing database, but some distinct standouts. This Blue Heron series is truly remarkable, but The Best Man is...UN-BELIEVABLY OUT OF THIS WORLD, FANTASTIC!

I noticed things I didn't the first time around, and frankly, fell in love with Levi and Faith even more. Much, much more. Levi, gah! I can't even tell you how incredibly amazing
Amy (Foxy)
I just finished listening to this one which makes it the second book for me by this author.

Since I read the second book first I knew a little bit about this story. I knew Faith was engaged to the love her life but was left at the altar when Jeremy came to terms with his true feelings. It wasn't that he didn't love her but that he was gay and had never accepted that as who he was until his best man, Levi, challenged him to see what he really wanted in life.

The title is so fitting for this story
♥Sharon♥
Aug 28, 2015 ♥Sharon♥ rated it it was amazing
 photo the best man_zpswqsyhijn.jpg

I am so happy that I decided to pick up one of Kristan Higgins books. I absolutely adored this story and I cannot wait to read more from her.

The Best Man is book #1 in the Blue Heron series. What I loved most about this story was that the romance between the two main characters was so refreshing to read. It was sweet, tender, sexy and there was just the right amount of angst thrown in too. Nothing was overdone.

This is Faith Holland and Levi Cooper’s story. Both characters were easy to love. Lev
Jonetta
The one thing you can always count on in a Kristan Higgins story is you’re going to experience just about every emotion before you reach the end…and that’s with the same characters! This one is no different in that your heart breaks for Faith Holland at the outset when she’s jilted at the altar after Jeremy Lyons, her fiancé, announces he can’t marry her because he’s gay. And, his best man, Levi Cooper, is the one that halted the wedding to make him fess up. Since they were planning to honeymoon ...more
Duchess Nicole
Mar 11, 2013 Duchess Nicole rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Jill Shalvis, Bella Andre, Terri Osburn
I just loved Faith and Levi! This is the first in the Blue Heron series by Kristan Higgins and my fourth book to read of hers. She never fails to impress me with her evocative, if somewhat long winded family drama and sweet, slow, believable romances. Add in a dash of humor that is seriously chuckle-worthy, and I'm game for everything she can throw at me. And anyone who calls enemies hemorrhoids and utilizes Fifty Shades of Grey as sexy, silly comic relief is, quite frankly, DA BOMB!

This is set
Lisa Kay
Rose Quartz

★★★★ (This is a review of the audiobook.) Amy Rubinate is another narrator I haven't heard before, but I quite liked her. I do think she did a better job on the second half of the story, but maybe that is influenced by my liking the later half better. When a character’s voice is supposed to hold a note of humor or derision, she handles it nicely.

In the first half of this book I thought the heroine was a bit too hung-up on what the hero did in the past. I kept thinking, “Geez, lady. G
*TANYA*
Dec 28, 2016 *TANYA* rated it really liked it
Adorable book. Faith was a hoot!! I liked that this wasn't your typical "insta-love" type read. And the family banter was hilarious, great family camaraderie.
Viri
Jan 28, 2017 Viri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Esperaba mucho más del libro. La primera parte me pareció muy lenta y a veces un poco aburridilla. Sip, si hubo algunos momentos hilarantes pero no los suficientes como para los comentarios esos que decían que te morías a carcajadas. Igual no era mi momento jajaja

Lo que si es que la segunda parte mejoró mucho y tuvo más romance, cosa que me encantó. Ideal para pasar el rato no más.
Yolanda
May 22, 2016 Yolanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
le doy 4 estrellas porque me he reído taaaaaannnntoooo
Amena y divertida desde el momento 0. Faith y su familia son un puntazo, todos y cada uno. Me ha gustado mucho el romance de Faith y Levi.
De verdad que vale la pena leerlo. Nos ha mantenido riendo toooodo el libro.
No me lo esperaba, ha sido divertidísimo!!!!
Si queréis pasar un buen rato, no dejéis de leerlo.
Olga, gracias por la compañía en este viaje tannnnnnnnnnn diver, no nos hemos podido reír más.
Karen
Feb 19, 2017 Karen rated it it was amazing
She's done it to me once again...

StScho
I love me some Kristan Higgins. Just when I think she can’t reel me in any longer (not too impressed with her last book), she comes out with this gem.

Faith and Jeremy have been high school/college sweethearts. The happiest day of Faith’s life is when Jeremy proposed. On their wedding day, Jeremy jilts her (coward!) and his best friend Levi is mostly partly responsible. Years later, Faith is finally coming home. The past is in the past. Except for Levi….he is still definitely on her hit list (if
NinaReader
Jan 15, 2016 NinaReader rated it really liked it
A really cute, sweet story!

This is my first Kristan Higgins book and I highly enjoyed it.

Faith and Levi have known each other since grade school but it wasn't until Jeremy moves into town that they really had anything to do with each other in more than a cursory acknowledgement. Jeremy became Faith's ever devoted and faithful boyfriend then fiance and Levi's best friend.

The wedding day was beautiful, attended by hundreds - of families and friends in their picturesque hometown when Levi was ins
Alice Kellen
May 24, 2016 Alice Kellen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5
Juan Vorágine
May 05, 2016 Juan Vorágine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-6-junio
Un primer libro de saga que me ha recordado mucho a los "new adult" que tanto me chiflan últimamente. He leído el segundo de esta saga, protagonizado por la hermana de la protagonista de este libro, Honor, y he de decir que está a la altura de este. Espero que la saga siga tan fuerte, ya que es casi una apuesta segura. En cuanto a la autora, era lo primero que leía de ella, y me ha enamorado con la maestría de su prosa. Estoy seguro de que leeré todo lo que se publique de ella en nuestro país (e ...more
Ami

I definitely had issues which reduced my reading experience. Now, the good thing was ... it had all the element of small town romance, heck down to the meddling secondary characters.

BUT, I felt that the romance was a bit lacking. For enemies-to-lovers theme to work, I need proofs that the animosity can change. Here, I just felt that both Faith and Levi spent more time with other people than being together and in love. I mean, how can I believe in them, when on pages, it seemed that I k
Elena
Jun 08, 2016 Elena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Una bonita historia, sencilla, tierna y divertida. Me ha gustado la forma de escribir de Kristan Higgins, así que leeré algo más suyo, de hecho me gustaría seguir conociendo las historias de los otros miembros de la familia de Faith y de sus amigos. Una lectura que al haberla terminado me ha dejado con una sonrisa en la cara, no es una historia con un gran trasfondo pero era lo que yo necesitaba en estos momentos.
Olga
May 22, 2016 Olga rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Si queréis un libro para reír con ganas y sonreír cuando acaba la última página, este es el libro... La historia es pasable pero los puntos de humor de la familia de ella y de ella misma hacen que tengas que parar de leer porque te reís a más no parar!

Os lo recomiendo para un impass '
Amanda
I would have rate it 5 stars, if chick lit is the only genre I read. But sadly, I had read too much awesome romance, so although I kinda love this book, I gotta rate it 4 stars just to be consistent. I actually read this whole book in one night and then only I realize is actually 400+ pages. I had no idea how I manage it, but I did lose some sleep over it.

The first chapter itself had me laughing so hard that I have to stop myself looking like an idiot. Faith is having such a bad luck when comes
La Narradora
3,5 en realidad. Me ha gustado bastante, es de esas historias perfectas para leer entre otras más intensas. Los puntos más positivos han sido las risas y sonrisas que he tenido con las situaciones que la protagonista y su familia viven durante toda la novela y la escritura de su autora (que no conocía y me ha parecido muy bonita). Pero me esperaba algo más, por eso no le he dado más nota. Una historia entretenida. Probaré con alguna novela más de la autora a ver qué tal...
Kajol
Rating: 4.3 stars!

An advanced reading copy was provided by the publisher through NetGalley.

After staring at the blank page for a quarter of an hour, fidgeting and scowling in hopes to scare the God of inspiration if there ever was one, I finally decided to start my review with this one line: I loved this novel.

Maybe it's because I love contemporary romances that I liked this one so much.

It's been a week since I finished reading it, and I'd be lying if I said that I remember exactly what I felt
Keertana
May 17, 2013 Keertana rated it really liked it
It seems as if Kristan Higgins can do no wrong. Although Somebody to Love was a bump in the road, The Best Man certainly wasn't. From the beginning itself, it's difficult not to like Faith, the protagonist of this novel. After all, she's been dumped at the altar by her perfect boyfriend-of-eight-years, Jeremy, when he announces that he's gay. Thus, fleeing to San Francisco, Faith harbors a broken heart and a pool of hatred for Levi Cooper, Jeremy's best friend who convinced Jeremy to come out wi ...more
Ángel Oscuro
Leí el siguiente libro antes que éste y casi mejor porque esta historia tiene como más sentimiento. Aun así he leído reseñas qué recalcaban momentos delirantes y súper divertidos... yo no los he encontrado, la verdad. Ahora bien, me ha gustado mucho los rifirrafes que tienen los protas y como se enamoran poco a poco.
Un libro sencillo pero de esos bonitos.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
02/14/2015 --

I was going through the mountain of books on my Kindle looking for something to read and ran across this one. I don't remember reading a Kristin Higgins book before, but I have a few of them. I looked to see what some trusted friends were saying and they loved her. Why not?

I have to say .. I am now a fan and am happy to have a new author to read. Thankfully she has several written and will keep me busy for a bit of time :)

Sorry. Not going to take the time for a detailed review. Thi
Brenna
It took me a while to get into this book. It's my first Kristan Higgins novel and something about her writing/dialogue style took me some getting used to. There were so many characters thrown at you introduced so quickly that it was frustrating at first. I honestly considered DNFing it multiple times. And I very rarely DNF.

It took me 2 days to get to 30% but once I made it to that point I was pretty freaking hooked.

The storyline of a girl (Faith) falling for the best man (who she hates) who sto
Iliada
I ended up loving this one!

I wasn't completely sure at first as it did give me more of a chick-lit feel than I'm used to. Though I liked the humour and how fleshed out every character and their background was, there wasn't much romance. Soon the romance kicked in though and even though it was quite subtle - no super romantic scenes or swoon-worthy declarations of undying love - I think it was exactly because of how sweet and real it was that this couple completely won me over. Plus, I loved it w
Bella Carstairs
Mar 12, 2016 Bella Carstairs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Primer libro que leo de esta autora y la experiencia ha sido gratificante, agradable y muy divertida.
La historia tal vez no sea la más original del mundo, pero la autora ha sabido crear todo un elenco de personajes muy realistas, con mucha personalidad y muy bien perfilados y una trama que se ha ido desarrollando con naturalidad y buen ritmo, además de tener un toque de humor que me ha encantado.
Algún capítulo al pasado se me ha hecho algo pesado, pero por lo demás es una novela bastante buena.
  • Always on My Mind (Lucky Harbor, #8)
  • Love a Little Sideways (Kowalski Family, #7)
  • A Shot of Sultry (Sultry Springs, #2)
  • Beach House No. 9 (Beach House No. 9, #1)
  • Three Little Words (Fool's Gold, #12)
  • Crazy Thing Called Love (Crooked Creek Ranch, #3)
  • Flirting with Disaster (Camelot, #3)
Kristan Higgins is the New York Times and internationally bestselling author of more than a dozen novels. Her books have been honored with dozens of awards and accolades, including starred reviews from Publishers Weekly, Kirkus, Library Journal, the New York Journal of Books and Romantic Times.
More about Kristan Higgins...

Blue Heron (5 books)
  • The Perfect Match (Blue Heron, #2)
  • Waiting On You (Blue Heron, #3)
  • In Your Dreams (Blue Heron, #4)
  • Anything for You (Blue Heron, #5)

“Maybe love isn't just a bouquet of roses once in a whole. Maybe it's just sticking it out, when it's hard, when you're mad, when you're tired.” 25 likes
“I don't want to lose you, I love you, and…and that's all I've got.”
As speeches went, it wasn't great. As feelings went…different story.”
22 likes