Start by marking “The Best Man (Blue Heron, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Best Man (Blue Heron, #1)

The Best Man (Blue Heron #1)

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  18,638 Ratings  ·  1,386 Reviews
Sometimes The Best Man Is The One You Least Expect...

Faith Holland left her hometown after being jilted at the altar. Now a little older and wiser, she’s ready to return to the Blue Heron Winery, her family’s vineyard, to confront the ghosts of her past, and maybe enjoy a glass of red. After all, there’s some great scenery there....

Like Levi Cooper, the local police chief
Mass Market Paperback, 426 pages
Published February 26th 2013 by Harlequin HQN

To ask other readers questions about The Best Man, please sign up.

Kim Toward the beginning of the book it says he has straight dark blonde hair that's always a little messy.
The Way You Look Tonight by Bella AndreIt Had to Be You by Jill ShalvisWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Best Man by Kristan HigginsWaiting for Love by Marie Force
2013 Contemporary Romance
4th out of 475 books — 866 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
206th out of 2,461 books — 12,429 voters

More lists with this book...

willaful
I'm really puzzled about how to approach this review. There is much about this book that is sensitive, generous, moving, and funny. There is also much that feels like getting a pie in the face. With a rock in it.

Faith has an exceptionally bad history with men, even for a Higgins heroine. Her longterm sweetheart Jeremy came out to her at their wedding and it's been nothing but bad revelations ever since. Yet fate has chosen her to be a matchmaker for her widowed father, who the family fears is in
Mo
Dec 25, 2013 Mo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5

First off I want to say that I love Kristan Higgins. Have read all her books and totally love her stories, her characters, her humour, her dogs…. She has it all. Felt like I was waiting forever for this one as it only just became available NOW on KINDLE in Europe – why make us wait so long? Not fair…..

It is the story of Faith and Levi…. Oh and Jeremy is in there somewhere too.

Faith left her hometown after she was jilted at the altar.

Everybody loves her, she is popular, well off, has lots of
Didi
Jan 15, 2016 Didi rated it it was amazing
RE-READ JANUARY 15/16

10++++ MILLION STARS!!!!!!

I read this last year, loved it and then subsequently read everything else KH has ever written. I have faves from her amazing database, but some distinct standouts. This Blue Heron series is truly remarkable, but The Best Man is...UN-BELIEVABLY OUT OF THIS WORLD, FANTASTIC!

I noticed things I didn't the first time around, and frankly, fell in love with Levi and Faith even more. Much, much more. Levi, gah! I can't even tell you how incredibly amazing
♥Sharon♥
Feb 10, 2016 ♥Sharon♥ rated it it was amazing
 photo the best man_zpswqsyhijn.jpg

I am so happy that I decided to pick up one of Kristan Higgins books. I absolutely adored this story and I cannot wait to read more from her.

The Best Man is book #1 in the Blue Heron series. What I loved most about this story was that the romance between the two main characters was so refreshing to read. It was sweet, tender, sexy and there was just the right amount of angst thrown in too. Nothing was overdone.

This is Faith Holland and Levi Cooper’s story. Both characters were easy to love. Lev
Duchess Nicole
Feb 26, 2014 Duchess Nicole rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Jill Shalvis, Bella Andre, Terri Osburn
I just loved Faith and Levi! This is the first in the Blue Heron series by Kristan Higgins and my fourth book to read of hers. She never fails to impress me with her evocative, if somewhat long winded family drama and sweet, slow, believable romances. Add in a dash of humor that is seriously chuckle-worthy, and I'm game for everything she can throw at me. And anyone who calls enemies hemorrhoids and utilizes Fifty Shades of Grey as sexy, silly comic relief is, quite frankly, DA BOMB!

This is set
Lisa Kay
Rose Quartz

(This is a review of the audiobook.) Amy Rubinate is another narrator I haven't heard before, but I quite liked her. I do think she did a better job on the second half of the story, but maybe that is influenced by my liking the later half better. When a character’s voice is supposed to hold a note of humor or derision, she handles it nicely.

In the first half of this book I thought the heroine was a bit too hung-up on what the hero did in the past. I kept thinking, “Geez, lady. Give
Yolanda
May 24, 2016 Yolanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
le doy 4 estrellas porque me he reído taaaaaannnntoooo
Amena y divertida desde el momento 0. Faith y su familia son un puntazo, todos y cada uno. Me ha gustado mucho el romance de Faith y Levi.
De verdad que vale la pena leerlo. Nos ha mantenido riendo toooodo el libro.
No me lo esperaba, ha sido divertidísimo!!!!
Si queréis pasar un buen rato, no dejéis de leerlo.
Olga, gracias por la compañía en este viaje tannnnnnnnnnn diver, no nos hemos podido reír más.
NinaReader
Feb 26, 2016 NinaReader rated it really liked it
A really cute, sweet story!

This is my first Kristan Higgins book and I highly enjoyed it.

Faith and Levi have known each other since grade school but it wasn't until Jeremy moves into town that they really had anything to do with each other in more than a cursory acknowledgement. Jeremy became Faith's ever devoted and faithful boyfriend then fiance and Levi's best friend.

The wedding day was beautiful, attended by hundreds - of families and friends in their picturesque hometown when Levi was ins
StScho
I love me some Kristan Higgins. Just when I think she can’t reel me in any longer (not too impressed with her last book), she comes out with this gem.

Faith and Jeremy have been high school/college sweethearts. The happiest day of Faith’s life is when Jeremy proposed. On their wedding day, Jeremy jilts her (coward!) and his best friend Levi is mostly partly responsible. Years later, Faith is finally coming home. The past is in the past. Except for Levi….he is still definitely on her hit list (if
Alice Kellen
May 29, 2016 Alice Kellen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5
Olga
May 24, 2016 Olga rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Si queréis un libro para reír con ganas y sonreír cuando acaba la última página, este es el libro... La historia es pasable pero los puntos de humor de la familia de ella y de ella misma hacen que tengas que parar de leer porque te reís a más no parar!

Os lo recomiendo para un impass '
A_Ryan
Loved it!!!
Ami

I definitely had issues which reduced my reading experience. Now, the good thing was ... it had all the element of small town romance, heck down to the meddling secondary characters.

BUT, I felt that the romance was a bit lacking. For enemies-to-lovers theme to work, I need proofs that the animosity can change. Here, I just felt that both Faith and Levi spent more time with other people than being together and in love. I mean, how can I believe in them, when on pages, it seemed that I k
Amanda
I would have rate it 5 stars, if chick lit is the only genre I read. But sadly, I had read too much awesome romance, so although I kinda love this book, I gotta rate it 4 stars just to be consistent. I actually read this whole book in one night and then only I realize is actually 400+ pages. I had no idea how I manage it, but I did lose some sleep over it.

The first chapter itself had me laughing so hard that I have to stop myself looking like an idiot. Faith is having such a bad luck when comes
Bella Carstairs
Mar 15, 2016 Bella Carstairs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Primer libro que leo de esta autora y la experiencia ha sido gratificante, agradable y muy divertida.
La historia tal vez no sea la más original del mundo, pero la autora ha sabido crear todo un elenco de personajes muy realistas, con mucha personalidad y muy bien perfilados y una trama que se ha ido desarrollando con naturalidad y buen ritmo, además de tener un toque de humor que me ha encantado.
Algún capítulo al pasado se me ha hecho algo pesado, pero por lo demás es una novela bastante buena.
Brenna
It took me a while to get into this book. It's my first Kristan Higgins novel and something about her writing/dialogue style took me some getting used to. There were so many characters thrown at you introduced so quickly that it was frustrating at first. I honestly considered DNFing it multiple times. And I very rarely DNF.

It took me 2 days to get to 30% but once I made it to that point I was pretty freaking hooked.

The storyline of a girl (Faith) falling for the best man (who she hates) who sto
Michelle [Helen Geek]
02/14/2015 --

I was going through the mountain of books on my Kindle looking for something to read and ran across this one. I don't remember reading a Kristin Higgins book before, but I have a few of them. I looked to see what some trusted friends were saying and they loved her. Why not?

I have to say .. I am now a fan and am happy to have a new author to read. Thankfully she has several written and will keep me busy for a bit of time :)

Sorry. Not going to take the time for a detailed review. Thi
Kajol
Rating: 4.3 stars!

An advanced reading copy was provided by the publisher through NetGalley.

After staring at the blank page for a quarter of an hour, fidgeting and scowling in hopes to scare the God of inspiration if there ever was one, I finally decided to start my review with this one line: I loved this novel.

Maybe it's because I love contemporary romances that I liked this one so much.

It's been a week since I finished reading it, and I'd be lying if I said that I remember exactly what I felt
Cocktails and Books
Faith Holland avoided her hometown after fleeing to San Francisco. Having been jilted at the alter by the love of her life and he was outed by his best friend, she needed to be away from the pitying stares of her small hometown and running into her ex. But when she comes back to Blue Heron for a couple of months to work on a project at the family winery, she has to come face to face with the past and the man she felt ruined everything, Levi Cooper.

I LOVED Levi Cooper. He's a man of few words and
Keertana
Aug 15, 2013 Keertana rated it really liked it
It seems as if Kristan Higgins can do no wrong. Although Somebody to Love was a bump in the road, The Best Man certainly wasn't. From the beginning itself, it's difficult not to like Faith, the protagonist of this novel. After all, she's been dumped at the altar by her perfect boyfriend-of-eight-years, Jeremy, when he announces that he's gay. Thus, fleeing to San Francisco, Faith harbors a broken heart and a pool of hatred for Levi Cooper, Jeremy's best friend who convinced Jeremy to come out wi ...more
Angie
Mar 29, 2013 Angie rated it really liked it
Shelves: good-uns, romance
Originally reviewed here @ Angieville

Sometimes you run across a certain author at just the right time. In my case, it often happens post-some trauma or other, when I am . . . depleted, if you will, and sorely in need of something that will wrap me up in its charm or beauty and give me back a little bit of what I lost. Kristan Higgins is one of those authors. I discovered her not long after having my third baby (never in a million years did I think I'd have cause to use that phrase), and the laug
La Narradora
3,5 en realidad. Me ha gustado bastante, es de esas historias perfectas para leer entre otras más intensas. Los puntos más positivos han sido las risas y sonrisas que he tenido con las situaciones que la protagonista y su familia viven durante toda la novela y la escritura de su autora (que no conocía y me ha parecido muy bonita). Pero me esperaba algo más, por eso no le he dado más nota. Una historia entretenida. Probaré con alguna novela más de la autora a ver qué tal...
Nov 19, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves:
I'm torn on this. Kristan Higgins has such a formula. Quirky/neurotic female character, a guy who is resistant to relationships, a big family, a small town with its cast of quirky characters, and the smell of desperation coming from the main female character as her only goal seems to be to get married.

BUT, saying all that, I enjoyed certain moments of this book. I just feel that Kristan Higgins (much like Jodi Picoult) is an author to take a break with occasionally.

The Best Man isn't the worst r
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Aug 13, 2015 Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) rated it it was amazing
I love this book. Yeah, been a while but have been taking my time reading this. Because I didn't want to breeze through it and want to just enjoy the story the characters, the setting. I think I have found a new favorite book. And maybe if the other books in the series are this good, then maybe a new favorite series.

Anyway, from the cover alone it looked adorable and romantic. And it was but it has its share of awkward moments and sad moments. And I liked that. I liked that the characters, espec
Patry Fernandez
Mar 12, 2016 Patry Fernandez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me ha gustado muchísimo. Le doy 4,5* y deseando leer los siguientes libros de esta serie.
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
ok, this was pretty dang good
Sarah Carr
Feb 27, 2013 Sarah Carr rated it liked it
I keep reading Kristan Higgins' books. And sometimes I'm not sure why. There. Is. A. Formula.

-New England.
-Small town
-Crazy family
-Some sort of feelings about the Yankees
-Some sort of weird way of the lead saying that she's turned on.
-Educated girl and blue collar guy
-Some sort of catch phrase ("Hemmorroid" was this one.)
-A dog, always a dog.
-The leads will hook up and everything will be great, but there will be a misunderstanding that will force them apart, until the end when they inevitably g
Becky
Jul 23, 2013 Becky added it
I'm a huge Kristan Higgins fan! She manages to write books that are simultaneously hysterical, touching, AND romantic. Every story features a faithful pet as well as a so-real-you-feel-you're-related-to-them cast of family members.

The Best Man is perhaps my favorite of the books I've read by Kristan. Faith, who was once stood up at the altar by a man who was perfect for her in every way (except for the fact that he was gay) returns to her family's picturesque vineyard years after her doomed wedd
Fátima
Mar 17, 2016 Fátima rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016

Un libro que me ha gustado muchísimo, de esas historias dulces que cierro con una sonrisa en la cara y que incluso me arrancó alguna carcajada!
Primera vez que leo a Kristan Higgins y no será la última, deseando seguir con esta serie.
Deniz
Jan 17, 2016 Deniz rated it it was amazing
I loved it!!!!!
  • It Had to Be You (Lucky Harbor, #7)
  • Sultry with a Twist (Sultry Springs, #1)
  • Crazy Thing Called Love (Crooked Creek Ranch, #3)
  • All He Ever Dreamed (Kowalski Family, #6)
  • The Love Shack (Beach House No. 9, #3)
  • When Summer Comes (Whiskey Creek, #3)
  • Just One Kiss (Fool's Gold, #10)
Kristan Higgins is the New York Times and internationally bestselling author of more than a dozen novels. Her books have been honored with dozens of awards and accolades, including starred reviews from Publishers Weekly, Kirkus, Library Journal, the New York Journal of Books and Romantic Times.
More about Kristan Higgins...

Blue Heron (5 books)
  • The Perfect Match (Blue Heron, #2)
  • Waiting On You (Blue Heron, #3)
  • In Your Dreams (Blue Heron, #4)
  • Anything for You (Blue Heron, #5)

“Maybe love isn't just a bouquet of roses once in a whole. Maybe it's just sticking it out, when it's hard, when you're mad, when you're tired.” 25 likes
“I don't want to lose you, I love you, and…and that's all I've got.”
As speeches went, it wasn't great. As feelings went…different story.”
22 likes