Start by marking “The Unseen” as Want to Read:
The Unseen

The Unseen (Krewe of Hunters #5)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,836 Ratings  ·  267 Reviews
San Antonio, Texas, 1800s: In room 207 at the Longhorn Saloon, in the long shadow of the Alamo, a woman was brutally murdered. Her killer was never found.

In the past months, San Antonio has become a dumping ground for battered bodies. When Texas Ranger Logan Raintree is approached to lead a gr
Published February 26th 2013 by Harlequin MIRA (first published March 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Unseen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unseen

Nikki  Peterson
So here's the deal -

This story revolves around a local legend in San Antonio Texas. 1800s at the Longhorn Saloon, which is located a stones throw from the Alamo, room 207 was the place of a murder. A beautiful young woman is killed for a diamond that her lover won in a card game, but the gem was never found by the murderer.

Present Day. Kelsey O'Brien, a US Marshall is staying at the saloon and inn, now owned by childhood friend Sandy. She has been offered a position with the FBI in their Krewe
Aisha Oaktree
It's Heather of course it's awesome!!!! Originally posted on By The Broomstick
Now this is a story. There is a whole series & this is book ten. I actually have the whole series & I'm going to read them for Samhain. But for now this book?!! Is just too awesome. The characters were well written & amazingly realistic. The two stories intertwined & OMGosh I fell so bad for the original character, by choosing the wrong man her story and her life were changed forever. The modern story i
Sherry
Apr 20, 2012 Sherry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Unseen by Heather Graham
1800’s, San Antonio, Texas: In room 207 at the Longhorn Saloon, in the long shadow of the Alamo itself, a woman renowned for her beauty was brutally murdered. Her killer was never found.
One year ago: In that same historic room, another woman vanished without a trace. Her blood was everywhere…but her body was never recovered.
Now: In the last month, San Antonio has become a dumping ground for battered bodies. All young women, many of them long missing, almost all forgot
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Heather Graham is kicking off a spin-off series to her Krewe of Hunters books, with this romantic-suspense, peppered with paranormal elements. As someone who has never read the original series, I can tell you that this is a great place for new readers to jump in, since a crew of all-new characters are introduced. And I never felt lost at any time.

Jackson Crow is the leader of a paranormal law enforcement group and he is putting together the second team of its kind to help investigate crimes. To
Chibineko
I'll give all of the long time Heather Graham fans a warning. The old Graham is probably never going to come back. I'd liken her older books to rich Godiva chocolate: rich and oh-so-sinfully bad for you, whereas her newer books are like Hershey chocolate: good, but not nearly as good as the Godiva was. This is pretty much the case here in this book.

I'll be honest and say that while this wasn't an "oh my gosh, read it until my eyeballs pop out" type of book, it wasn't bad and is an improvement ov
Rebecca
As a lover of the Krewe of Hunters series I was super excited to see this spin-off series featuring a new Krewe of Hunters.
I enjoyed the book it had everything that I love about Heather Graham’s writing. It had the murder mystery, the ghosts, and the psychics and then it had the romance but I usually just think of the romance as being a part of the story that was just there.
While I really enjoyed the mystery aspect of the story and the ghost part, I feel there was something missing in the charac
Sue
Apr 03, 2012 Sue rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again the Krewe from Heather Graham's previous works have reappeared, this time in San Antonio.

Someone is killing young women around town. How are they connected to The Alamo, a hotel called the Longhorn, and a cursed diamond that's been missing for over 100 years?

I always enjoy Heather Graham's stories weaving the paranormal and a good mystery. The romance between Logan and Kelsey is just a small part of this novel, but fits nicely into the storyline. Logan, a Texas Ranger, and Kelsey, a F
PepsiGirl
Mar 11, 2013 PepsiGirl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first story by Heather Graham, and I have to say it was pretty good. I don't usually read paranormal stories but this was done very well. Kelsey O'Brien is a U.S. Marshall that has a special ability that she sees ghosts and that helps her find victims of brutal crimes, has been picked to join a special task force to help solve unsolved murders. Logan Raintree is a Texas Ranger with the ability to see and speak to the dead,if he touches the body he can speak to them. The case they are ...more
Marcela (BookaholicCat)
3 Stars

The Unseen is the latest book by Heather Graham. I can say this book belongs in some part to the Krewe of Hunters series or at least it runs parallel to that series.

Jackson Crow, the leader of the original Krewe of Hunters is in Texas organizing a second crew, since his original group is already too busy working many cases and they are not enough for all the demand of work they have. They need more people and here is where Texas Rager Logan Raintree and U.S. Marshall Kelsey O’Brien come.
TheGeekyBlogger
Read for Fun!
Overall Rating 3.75
Story Rating 3.50
Character Rating 4.00

Audio Rating: 4.00 (Not part of the overall rating)

First thought: I really like the new team :)

What I Thought of the Case: The Unseen is set in San Antonio, TX and as a Native Texan I had to love it! As a history buff, I loved the setting even more. It was centered around The Alamo and the history of a missing diamond. The killings were very much committed by humans but the ghosts were such a HUGE help in figuring it out. I di
Majanka
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/mini-rev...

The story had its intriguing moments, and well, after reading half a dozen books by Heather Graham, it’s great that she still manages to surprise me every now and then. The combination of the urban legend from the 1800s and present day ghosts was an interesting one. Unfortunately the romance was dull – rather boring even – and the characters had almost zero chemistry.
Nancy
Jamey Goodyear
Jun 01, 2014 Jamey Goodyear rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jackson Crow is putting together a 2nd Krewe of Hunters. He’s in San Antonio, Texas interviewing two of his choices, a Texas Ranger, Logan Raintree, and a U.S. Marshal, Kelsey O’Brien. Raintree has grown up in San Antonio, O’Brien is a newcomer. During the course of the interviews Crow produces evidence of a serial killer in San Antonio targeting young women. Raintree and O’Brien decided to look into the killings while making up their minds about joining the Krewe. However, it is only a short ti ...more
Kristi Hill
Had potential, but poorly written. Many characters and only two were attempted to be developed. The lengthy sex scenes were the best description going on here, but way too much of it. And though it was clearly the goal of the author to want me to LOVE Texas and everything about it (she even gives the coveted recipe for texas chili to you at the end) I ended up loathing it and every pass she made at me with it. Far too much cheesiness going on here, even for me.
Vennie
Apr 25, 2014 Vennie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In The Unseen the FBI elite Krewe of Hunters must find the link between a violent crime of the past and killing spree that's happening in the present. It's set at the Alamo in San Antonio, Texas and the historic Longhorn Saloon which is still active.

It begins with serial murders which the FBI feel are truly all by one killer, yet they cannot find the link between the victims. This Krewe of Hunters is special because of their paranormal talents. The talents are put to good use as the agents see a
☆.。.:*・°☆Love2Read♡HEAs☆.。.:*・°☆
Rated 4.5 "Cursed Diamond" Stars

Wow, did I get a surprise in this book. Instead of getting Will's story (the only one of the team who hasn't had a book), a whole new team was introduced! I was kinda disappointed. I really like the first team! A couple of them are in this one though. I'll bet Ms. Graham has Will's story in a later book. That way we'll have a nice reunion with the first team. At least I hope that's what she'll do.

Anyway, we meet and get to know the second team. They're all interes
Sandi Willis
Feb 22, 2015 Sandi Willis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finally get a character that has my name! Sandy is the owner of the "Long Horn Saloon and Inn" where there was a terrible murder committed in the 1800's and than another one in the last year. U.S. Marshal Kelsey O'Brien is called by her friend Sandy to come and visit while Kelsey is in San Antonio, Texas for a special assignment/interview. There are several missing young women that keep coming to the Alamo only to disappear and be found much later; basically thrown away. The Krewe of Hunters o ...more
Macwolf01 [Elise]
This is book 5 in Heather Graham's Krewe of Hunters series, I read book one and now book five, I'm going to go back and read 2-4.

I like how the writer mixes ghosts and murder mysteries together, she manages to do it a way that isn't hokey or unrealistic.

This book introduces Krewe Hunters team number two, FBI paranormal forensics team team members are: Texas Ranger Logan Raintree, U.S. marshal Kelsey O'Brien, M.E. Katya Sokolov, Video specialist & Tech guy Sean Cameron (also Kelsey's cousin
Gwen
Mar 22, 2014 Gwen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
C’est un bon tome mais comparé au précédent tome, je l’ai moins apprécié.
Je dirais que ce tome n’a qu’une seule et unique atmosphère tout du long de l’histoire c’est la tension… C’est fatiguant.
Le rythme est bien et plutôt soutenu, on a envie de savoir la suite, de tourner les pages. Malgré un bon rythme, l’intrigue est riche mais pas original, le lecteur apprend surtout des choses en lien avec l’histoire des Etats-Unis.
Toutefois l’auteur nous manipule plutôt bien pendant la plus grande partie
Diane
May 11, 2015 Diane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though I suspected early on who was committing the recent murders this was an enjoyable read. I always like the paranormal aspects of Heather Graham's novels. They are woven into a mystery that is real and human so to speak and they enrich the stories.

Past: In the 1800's at the Longhorn saloon a woman was murdered in room 207.

Present: One year ago a young woman was murdered in the same room. Was it a ghost from the past or someone in the here-and-now.

Ranger Logan Raintree and U.S. Marshall
Linda Smatzny
Apr 13, 2015 Linda Smatzny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the fifth book in the Krewe of Hunters series. This book tells the story of the beginning of a second team of hunters who have special abilities. It is the story Logan Raintree and Kelsey O'Brien. Logan can hear from the dead while Kelsey sees and talks to ghosts. The case that brings everyone together is set in San Antonio with a murder from the 1800's and the missing body from a crime scene of a year ago. Logan is no longer sure of his ability since he couldn't save his wife while Kels ...more
Katherine
This is the first book I've ever read by Heather Graham and likely the last one I'll read. I found it incredibly frustrating that I guessed the 'big twist' about halfway into the book. Her characters - except for the female lead - are very one-dimensional and so lend little interest to the story. The story itself starts off quite interesting but there's not enough conflict, tension, or complexity to keep it engaging as it continues. This is the kind of writing that is easy and quick to read, so ...more
Joanne
Mar 09, 2014 Joanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the 1800's in a saloon by the Alamo called the Longhorn a woman was murdered in room 207. One year ago another woman was murdered in the exact same room and her body was never found. Now there are bodies showing up and Texas Ranger Logan Raintree and US Marshall Kelsey O'Brien are sent to join a task force of the Krewe (who all have extraordinary powers) to find the killer of these women. But, does it have anything to do with the original crime in the 1800's and will old ghosts help solve the ...more
Wendy Hines
Jul 03, 2013 Wendy Hines rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
US Marshal Kelsey O'Brien has a gift of 'seeing' the past unfolding in the present. She doesn't talk about her gift - she doesn't want anyone to think she is crazy. But her gift has given her an edge in her field, a job that she is very good at. When she is called to San Antonio, Texas to join a federal elite team of investigators who all have paranormal gifts, she is hopeful, yet hesitant.

Texas Ranger Logan Raintree has been out of the field for a few years. Ever since his wife was murdered, Lo
Michelle
Posted on Big Girl Books.

I have to be honest. I haven’t read many Heather Graham books, but the Krewe of Hunters series is one of my guilty pleasures. Graham knows how to make my toes curl and keep me on edge, all while warming up my heart with a nice romance. For those of you who don’t know, Heather Graham is known for her suspenseful stories, filled with paranormal thrills and mysterious chills. The Unseen is the fifth book in the series, and I couldn’t wait to continue with the story line.

The
Linda  Branham Greenwell

Shay Williams
THE UNSEEN caught my interest immediately and held it tight until the stunning conclusion. The characters are wonderful and very realistic. The pacing is spot on as the reader is taken on a roller coaster of a ride as the team attempts to catch the murderer before more bodies are found.

Having a federal unit consisting of members with ‘special’ gifts is not a new theme though most fit into the thriller/suspense genre. Ms. Graham has definitely added her own deft touch with the sparks that Logan
Mar 18, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, arc-s
Please read more of my reviews at http://sarahereads.wordpress.com/

First, I want to say that this is my first Heather Graham book, and it has gotten me hooked. I just purchased all of her Krewe of Hunters series and am eager to read them.

So this book, as I understand, is a branching off of her Krewe of Hunters series. I realized this about a chapter in when the Krewe of Hunters was mentioned and I thought to myself, I think I have a book on hold that is from a series by the same name. I paused,
Randy Daugherty
Jul 11, 2012 Randy Daugherty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The 1800's Room 207 of the Longhorn Saloon, young Rose Langley was brutally murdered. Present day San Antonio 1 yr ago in room 207 of the Longhorn Saloon another woman is assumed to be murdered, as no body was found but the room was covered in Blood.
As of present, several remains have been found all of young women all almost decayed to much to be identified.
Logan Raintree,a local Texas ranger, Kelsey O'Brien a U.S. Marshall are brought together and offered a place on a new team being put toget
Rhonda
Mar 25, 2012 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review: The Unseen by Heather Graham
4 STARS
This has a little of everything, ghosts of murder victims & murder,missing treasure, FBI Agent,Texas Ranger,US Marshal,Alamo, Davy Crocket, movie, mediums,romance,sex scenes and it all makes sense.
Kelsey O'Brien is US Marshal out of Florida she was sent to texas to meet with FBI Agent Crow. She not sure why but is staying with old friend who bought an old hotel & bar by the Alamo.
Logan Raintree is a Texas Ranger he also has been asked to meet a
  • The Awakening (Vampire, #5)
  • Slow Burn
  • The First Prophet (Bishop Files, #1)
  • First Comes Love
  • The Prophet (Graveyard Queen, #3)
  • Secrets of the Lost Summer (Swift River Valley, #1)
  • Edge of Midnight (Chasing Evil, #3)
  • Tempted
  • The Midnight Eye Files: The Amulet
  • The Whispering: A haunted house mystery
  • Witch Moon (Shayne's Supernaturals, #6)
  • Suspicion of Vengeance (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #6)
  • Something Wicked (Wicked #3)
  • Riverside Blues
  • Mandy's Story (Fang Chronicles, #4)
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria
More about Heather Graham...

Krewe of Hunters (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1)
  • Heart of Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #2)
  • Sacred Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #3)
  • The Evil Inside (Krewe of Hunters #4)
  • The Unholy (Krewe of Hunters, #6)
  • The Unspoken (Krewe of Hunters, #7)
  • The Uninvited (Krewe of Hunters, #8)
  • The Night Is Watching (Krewe of Hunters, #9)
  • The Night Is Alive (Krewe of Hunters, #10)
  • The Night Is Forever (Krewe of Hunters #11)

“Courage is being afraid - and going ahead, anyway.” 8 likes
“...if we feel guilt, if we believe it in our own minds, that's what's true to us.” 3 likes