Start by marking “The Theory of Attraction: The Theory of Attraction\A Shot in the Dark\Forbidden Fantasies” as Want to Read:

The Theory of Attraction: The Theory of Attraction\A Shot in the Dark\Forbidden Fantasies (The Science of Temptation #1 Included)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  25 reviews
The Theory of Attraction by Delphine Dryden
Camilla can set her watch by her sexy rocket-scientist neighbor's schedule…but she soon learns that isn't the only thing Ivan likes to be strict about. He needs to be in charge in the bedroom as well—and Cami discovers there can be more pleasure in submitting than she ever imagined….

A Shot in the Dark by Christine d'Abo
Carter is o
Published October 16th 2012 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about The Theory of Attraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Theory of Attraction

Wanderlust
Since this is 3 separate stories in one book i will review it as such

The Theory of Attraction
Favorite Lines - "oh, holy fuck. In the national geographic movie of my twisted mind, the lion had just leaped on the Gazelle, pinned it to the ground and mounted it from behind."

I will let you all in on a little secret, i used to be a computer geek and because of this i have a soft spot for nerds. I think this really helped me like Ivan as he did come across pretty odd at times (as the author meant him
Pauline
The Theory of Attraction is a perfect introduction into the world of BDSM and bonus: it's very well-written.
This book right there is a set of three short stories. You get to explore the BDSM world and learn a few rules of the game and how things work.
I, for one, discovered that it was more about trust than power and control. It's about being able to let go and leave the decision process to someone else in order not to limit yourself in pleasure because of morals, prejudices, fears...
It's about e
Cindi

Three unique, erotic stories (each with some aspect of BDSM) by three different authors. One I loved (and I will continue with the series this story is a part of). One was okay. One was a DNF. The stories are good. The sex is good. And with the exception of the DNF, the relationships are good.

An enjoyable read.

The rating is for the first two stories. I am not rating the DNF.

Full review can be found at On Top Down Under Book Reviews.

Reviews for each individual story will also be posted
Shelley
Super solid anthology. I loved the first one best - Camilla's teaching her scientist neighbor how to be social and properly schmooze bigwigs at an upcoming university gathering, and when part of that involves pretending to be her boyfriend for social practice, he starts teaching her things. It was funny and sweet and real - the characters had way more depth than similar characters on Big Bang Theory. I loved their mutual respect and senses of humor, the crisis made perfect sense with their perso ...more
Liz
Reviewed for Sara at Harlequin Junkie (http://harlequinjunkie.com/) Come check me out! :)

...GULP!... Just so you know, I'm STILL trying to calm down after reading this book!! Let me start this review by saying that I haven't read a LOT of Erotica. The few I've read have ranged from Awesomely Hot to Unbelievably Creepy. But I want to get outside of my comfort zone in the types of books I read so I'm going to go on this journey, and if you like, feel free to join me, ok?

This book was an anthology;
I had previously read Theory of Attraction and really enjoyed it, so when I saw it was being re-released along with two other similar stories, I just had to check it out. And boy, I was not disappointed. Usually in anthologies, there is at least one weak story, but I loved all three books in this one. They were all quick reads, but felt like complete novels, and although the plotlines were very different, the underlining sexiness was uber-HOT in all of them. Just enough BDSM to make you squirm w ...more
Laurie Gold
The three stories in The Theory of Attraction were written by authors I've never read before. After reading their stories, I've already gone to Netgalley to download another story from one of them and am going to check out the backlist of another. The third? Meh.

Let's start with what I liked best: Forbidden Fantasies by Jodie Griffin. The premise here is all about a married woman's secret fantasies, which after reading erotic romance are moving from the deepest recesses of her mind into her cons
Michele Realitybitesblog
Also posted at http://realitybites-letsgetlost.blogs...

Copy given by publisher for review
This is actually three different stories and I will review each one separately. The Theory of Attraction; A Shot in the Dark; Forbidden Fantasies
-----
The Theory of Attraction
2 Stars
Camilla, who vows she is not a stalker, has her eyes set on Dr. Ivan Reynolds rocket scientist and neighbor. When Ivan needs help, he calls upon Cami for help. She is more than willing to help the good old doctor out. Little does
Katrina
The theory of Attraction is a book with three stories told by three different authors. It’s steamy with shorter reads, which gives us a get a great concept of the writer’s style and storyline and also Fragments of The BDSM lifestyle. For anyone who expresses interest in the BDSM genre this is ideal for you.

A few meanings of the Words described in my review.

D/s ~ the practice of dominance and submission

BDSM ~ an acronym used to describe a variety of kinky activities. BD stands for bondage &
Beckey

This is a nice compilation of three short stories in one book that Carina Press has put together and released.
Theory of Attraction:
Cami knows her hunk of neighbor, Ivan. He jogs by her window like clockwork every morning at the same time.
Ivan is more at home in the lab working on his rocket science experiments. When Ivan comes to Cami for some help with an important things go for unexpected turn during the lesson. Lesson for both them, are they willing to learn?
It was a cute story that started
Betsy
Not doing the usual analysis for this one.
The character development in Dryden's nerdy (yay!) erotic romance is awesome. One thing that I liked about this set of stories is that there isn't what I think of as the usual socioeconomic imbalance between the characters. I will absolutely read the other stories by these authors.
Melanie
This is a collection of BDSM short stories. The market for these books is truly ramping up after the huge success of 50 Shades. I can say that the first story in this book is definitely the best. I love the characters, the plot (yes, there is actually a plot - that even makes sense! - a novelty, I know), and the steamy scenes are most awesome. I waited awhile to write the review because I wanted to see if I thought about any of the stories a month or so after I had read them. Truth is, only the ...more
Erin
Overall, I would give this anthology 4 stars.

I could never really connect with the characters in the Theory of Attraction and I found the author's voice to be too cold and technical. It was my least favorite story.

A Shot in the Dark was my favorite story. I especially enjoyed Paige and the strength she showed in leaving an abusive relationship. I thought Carter was the perfect dom to match her submissive side and his dealings with her showed his true nature as a protector.

Forbidden Fantasies w
Ashley Williams
Mini Review:

The Theory of Attraction was my favourite of the three stories. I really loved Ivan, he has to be one of my favourite Doms ever! The BDSM seemed more realistic than that of other books I've read (as it's not just about kinky fu*kery, its about giving and taking trust and pleasure). I loved how nerdy the two were and the romance was very steamy. *Caution* I am not skittish while reading but if you are not completely open to every aspect of BDSM and complete submission this is probably
Risbee
I think this anthology ruined me for BBT and any "very special episodes of (insert tv show here).

Good lord, Im in a mood.

FWIW, I only read the 1st and the 3rd story because I'd already read and reviewed the 2nd in a previous ARC.

I'll elaborate more when I can put some coherent thoughts together.
Randi
First story was like a hot dominant Sheldon, which was pretty awesome.

Second was ok, not as spicy as I would have liked. Also little more character development of Carter would have been appreciated. Without it the story seemed one sided and kind of dull.

Dee Adams
4.5 Three great stories! Enjoyed them all! Loved the internal and external monologues in The Theory of Attraction. Dryden did a great job of introducing Camilla to the world of BDSM. Ivan was the hottest nerd I've ever read. This stays on my keeper shelf.
Scandal
Three stories, loved one less than the others but got some really great questions and topics of discussion out of it...follow the link to my complete Scandalicious Book Review:
Ann
I loved this story. This book should be classified as Erotica for people with brains It is intelligent, unpredictable, and
HOT! After I finished this one, I read several of her other books. Great characters, flaws and all!!
Deborah
A Shot In the Dark - C. d'Abo - 5 smokin hot stars
Theory of Attraction - D. Dryden - 4 stars
Forbidden Fantasies - J. Griffin - 3 stars
Jenn
A great mix of established and new authors - review to follow.
Carmen Jenner
A diverse mix of hot erotica! Full review to come!
Lj527
All I can say is frozen peas never looked so good!
Julz
Hot hot hot collection.
worth the read
Harlequin Books
Category: Erotic Fiction
Marolyn
Marolyn marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • O Come All Ye Kinky
  • Breath on Embers
  • Bonds of Trust (Wicked Play, #1)
  • A Clockwork Christmas
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 4 "Poisoned" (My Masters' Nightmare, #4)
  • Captive Surrender
  • IOU Sex
  • A Shot in the Dark (Long Shots, #2)
  • Exotica: Seven Days of Kama Sutra, Nine Days of Arabian Nights
  • Pray the Gay Away: The Extraordinary Lives of Bible Belt Gays
  • Lucretia and the Kroons
  • Training Their Mate (Pack Wars, #1)
  • That Weekend...
  • Bump in the Night
  • The Ruby Kiss (The Magic Knot, #4)
  • The Enchanted Truth
  • Midnight Special / Coming on Strong
  • Love Slave
After earning two graduate degrees, practicing law awhile, and then working for the public school system for over ten years, I finally got a clue. I tossed all that aside and started doing what I should have been doing all along, writing novels! In hindsight I could see the decision was a no-brainer.

I’m fortunate to have two wonderful, absurdly precocious children and two delightful if occasionall
More about Delphine Dryden...
The Theory of Attraction (Science of Temptation, #1) The Seduction Hypothesis  (Science of Temptation #2) The Principle of Desire (Science of Temptation, #3) How to Tell a Lie (Truth and Lies, #1) Gossamer Wing (Steam and Seduction, #1)

“Two arguing geeks were stoppable. Three arguing geeks created an infinite argument vortex of doom that sucked time down like a black hole.” 4 likes