Start by marking “Alpha One (Shadow Agents, #1)” as Want to Read:
Alpha One (Shadow Agents, #1)

Alpha One (Shadow Agents #1)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  460 ratings  ·  78 reviews
"Julie's missing. You have to get her back."

Published January 2nd 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Alpha One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alpha One

Angel of Death by Karen DalesVampire Vacation by C.J. EllissonAn Angels Ascent by Christina WorrellChangeling by Karen DalesThe Hunt by C.J. Ellisson
Best Vampire Books from "New" Authors
265th out of 744 books — 1,430 voters
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens1984 by George OrwellThe Two Towers by J.R.R. TolkienSlaughterhouse-Five by Kurt VonnegutFahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Books with Numbers in the Title
197th out of 477 books — 39 voters

More lists with this book...

Karla

3 Barely There Stars!! 3 for the story and 2.5 for the audiobook narration. Nothing special!

The audio version of this book had a tinny quality to it, and the plot and featured characters were somewhat of a disappointment. After reading Cynthia Eden's Deadly series, which I absolutely loved, I had high hopes that this would give me the same zing that those books did. More like a pffffffft! Okay, it wasn't that bad and maybe the less than inspiring narration and my love for the other series playe
Jonetta
The Set Up
Juliana James, estranged daughter of U.S. Senator Aaron James, was abducted by Diego Guerrero, head of a powerful and deadly Mexican drug and gun running cartel. She’s at a location in Mexico and the covert Elite Operations Division (EOD) has been engaged to extract her. Logan Quinn, the team leader for the mission, has a history with Juliana and it was pure coincidence that he was selected for this operation.

The Issues
Logan was involved with Juliana ten years ago when she was 20 and h
Laura the Highland Hussy
Review posted on Demon Lover's Books & More

I love betrayal plots where the hero and heroine have history and something breaks them up, and they meet up again later. I mean seriously, I am such a sucker for those tropes. This book made my inner self so happy!

So we begin this story with Juliana being held captive in Mexico by a very bad man. El Diablo has kidnapped Juliana to get information from her father, a US Senator. Juliana lost her blinders years ago and was never under any impression
Saly
Why did I wait so long to read this book? It was awesome, passionate, great suspense. I feel Cynthia Eden does RS better than PNR. The hero thinks he is a killer and that's all he is good for and ten years ago he walked away from the heroine, not because he didn't love her, but because he did. He joined the SEALs and is now part of an elite team. Heroine's senator dad's dirty dealings have led to the heroine being captured in Mexico and the hero is leading the rescue. He left her but never forgo ...more
Susan
Excellent book. The action started on the first page and never let up. Julie had been taken hostage to try to force her father to turn over information about Mexican arms dealer Guerrero. Logan and his black ops team were sent tin to rescue her. Julie hadn't seen Logan in ten years, ever since he had left her and broken her heart. Now he swore to protect her from Guerrero. Julie wasn't sure that she wanted Logan back in her life but she did know that she could trust him to keep her safe. What sh ...more
Tina
Just what the reading doctor ordered: a romantic suspense filled with in your face danger, a lover from the past, seal/agents, edge of your seat suspense. This basically sums up this story for me. As much as I love Cynthia Eden for her paranormal storytelling, I love her even more for her ability to keep you on the edge of your seat with very bad characters and hot heroes who goes all in to protect their lady. This story was just what I expect from the author- I thoroughly enjoyed it. I gave it ...more
Amy R
This is my first romantic suspense book by Cynthia Eden, as most of the books I have read of hers have been in the paranormal romance category. After reading this, I think her suspense books can be termed more thriller than suspense. She always gets my heart pounding with her stories and this one involves a crazy many who likes torture. Luckily there is a Happy Ever After...

Juliana is the daughter of a Senator who is not on the up and up and is working with a weapons dealer (Diego Guerrero). Aft
Anna -  Martini Times Romance
Cynthia Eden did an awesome job of hooking me from page one. I love a great damsel- in -distress –saved- by- a -hunky -soldier story.

In Alpha One, Juliana James is being held captive in Mexico by a man out to get her senator father. Julie believes that her father won't care enough to do anything to save her, and she believes she will end up being tortured for information she doesn't have.

In comes Logan Quinn, the man Julie loved in the past who walked away from her and their future, but despite
Kelli C
Love Cynthia Eden! Havent read much of her stuff i dont like, but honestly this is my favorite genre. Great series starter!!! Loved the action, romance, suspense and definitely the Alpha male! Looking forward to more from the EOD!!!!
Lillie
Juliana is in hell. Her father, the senator, has double crossed criminal mastermind Guerrero, who has kidnapped Juliana in order to get the evidence her father is holding. Her only companion in this hell is John, another captive who she shares the details of her life with in the darkness. When rescue arrives in the form of her ex-lover, Logan, Juliana is shocked. She hasn’t seen him since she was twenty. She loved him and believed him when he said they would run away and have a beautiful life to ...more
Savannah Miller

It was an action packed, high suspense, keep you on the edge of you seat, unable to put it down kinda book... And I discovered that in just the first chapter!!

Alpha One has it all! The one that got away, second chance love, lies, secrets, suspense, and of course an Alpha male :) All the components needed for a great romance book! Not to mention a murderer on the lose, a take down anything and anyone in the way money hungry villain, and a secret that could destroy everything...
Yep I'd say Alpha O
Lily (Lily Pond Reads)
Courtesy of Harlequin through Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

Alpha One, is the first novel in the suspenseful Shadow Agents series. When Juliana James gets kidnapped, her father hires Logan Quinn and the Shadow Agents to rescue his daughter. Getting Juliana out of Mexico alive didn't prove to be easy, especially not when the leader of the group has very strong emotional ties to the woman.

Juliana had not forgotten Logan. How could she forget the man she loved and who broke her heart t
Larena
Logan Quinn is a covert agent for an Elite Ops agency. Logan gets a message that Juliana James is missing and his new mission is to get her back and bring her home safely to their Mississippi hometown. Logan is determined to not only keep Julie safe and alive but also to get another chance with her because he is finding that he cannot lose her again.

Juliana James is a senator’s daughter that a ruthless weapons dealer wants dead. Julie never expected to see Logan again after he left her heart in
Paula Legate
This book was so good. The action either kept me on the edge of my seat, or holding my breath. The book started off with Juliana being kidnapped from the beach in Mexico. She was put in a dark room with what she thought was another victim. Let’s just say things are not as they appear. There were a lot of secrets, and deceit in this book which kept the twist and turns coming. Logan and his team came to save her. The last time she saw Logan was 10 years before. She loved him, and he had walked awa ...more
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Thrilling book from beginning to end. I am so glad Cynthia is back to writing romantic suspense. From the opening scene of the heroine Juliana James being held captive in Mexico and her ex-lover Logan Quinn who's now part of a Elite Ops covert agent group rescuing her to the final showdown with the man called El Diablo you are on the edge of your seat.

The other Elite force agents were great secondary characters and we got a glimps as to what some of there stories are going to be in future books
Lynsey A
This was a good book. The story kept moving along and it was quite intense. I didn't love the characters but I did like their love story.

I definitely have plans to continue this series. I am most looking forward to Gunner and Sydney's story.
Nathi *Shut it and let me read*
Really liked this action trailer, though it was sort of short. But still it was an interesting fast reading!
The plot is interesting and feels like an action movie because the chapter has many pauses that make it feels like a movie.
Lucy Dosch
Shadow Agents of the EOD, Elite Operations Division, an elite team from different branches of the armed forces who don’t exist on paper, but have been brought together to do the job others can’t, including hostage recovery. The EOD have spilled blood on many missions, both their enemies and their own, but this time it’s personal.

In Alpha One, Juliana James has distanced herself from her father, Senator Aaron James, more and more over the years. Her father was once a good man, fighting for every
Book Binge Blog
They're "shadow agents" and they have the fear-inducing knack of getting in and getting out without anyone knowing they're coming or that they've even been there. Ten years ago they rescued the senator's daughter, saving her from a burning building. She worried for years about the other prisoner who was being harrassed and tortured by the leader of a weapons cartel. Yet she never knew what happened to him. Now she is once again in the sites of that ruthless criminal and once again Logan is calle ...more
May Mostly Romance
แม้เล่มนี้จะเป็นงานเขียนของซินเธีย เอเดนซึ่งเป็นนักเขียนที่เราชอบมากคนนึง แต่เราไม่คาดหวังอะไรมากมายนัก เพราะนี่เป็นหนังสือเล่มเล็กที่ออกกะฮาร์ลิควิน โดยเฉพาะอิมพรินต์อินทีคนี้ด้วย เนื่องจากอินทีคอาจจะเป็นอิมพรินต์ของฮาร์ลิควินที่จูนคลื่นไม่ค่อยตรงกับเราเท่าไหร เรารู้สึกว่าเรื่องในอิมพรินต์นี้ค่อนข้างนิ่งในแง่ของโรแมนซ์ (คือเขียนสืบสวนได้ดี แต่โรแมนซ์ไม่น่าสนใจ)

ช่วงครึ่งเล่มแรกก็เป็นแบบนั้นนะคะ เราอ่านไปแบบไร้อารมณ์ แต่พอเริ่มเข้าช่วงครึ่งหลังของเล่ม ทุกอย่างก็ดีขึ้น เมื่อมีการเริ่มกล่าวถึงความส
Douglas Meeks

Alpha One (Shadow Agents, #1)Alpha One by Cynthia Eden

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Summary:
"Julie's missing. You have to get her back."The minute he got the message, undercover agent Logan Quinn sprang into action. Getting Juliana James out of Mexico alive was the Elite Ops covert agent's only priority. But once the senator's daughter was safely back in their Mississippi hometown, Logan had a new mission: to get another chance with the woman he couldn't lose again.

Juliana had never forgotten the day, ten years ago, when Logan le
Rhonda
Alpha One by Cynthia Eden
4 STARS

Alpha One starts off with action and does not let up. It is full of drama and little romance too. Everybody has secrets they are hiding from each other.
Juliana James has been kidnapped while she was on vacation in Mexico. She been held in a dark room. Thier is another prisoner that was thier before her John. John was the only she had to talk to in the dark. John kept being taken away and tortured for information.
Juliana's father is a U.S. Senator and thats why sh
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Ten years ago Logan walked away from the only good in his life. Now the person who pushed him to that decision has requested Logan go save the one woman he will never forget. Having always carried Juliana in his heart made the decision easy. Logan would be the man that returned Juliana to safety. He would protect what he still cares for.

Returning home did not get Juliana out of harm’s way. The threat has followed her and her sexy protector home. After Logan broke Juliana’s heart she never expec
Jackie
BOOK SYNOPSIS

Juliana had never forgotten the day, ten years ago, when Logan left her heart in pieces. Now he was back i
Farah
Mar 01, 2014 Farah rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: books
That was quite the ride !! The book started with a bang and just kept on going ... the suspense and the action scenes were brilliant and the characters were captivating.

Juliana was a kickass heroine , her situation should deem her as a damsel in distress but she was one hell of a fighter .... she has guts and she uses them ... she's also not afraid of wrinkling her clothes and messing up her hair by beating the sh*t out of any attacker .. like I said kickass heroine , I really liked Juliana.
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

4.5 Stars
Review also posted at Under The Covers Book Blog

“Eden is great with her story telling of the paranormal world as she is amazing in the romantic suspense.” ~Under the Covers

Eden is great with her story telling of the paranormal world as she is amazing in the romantic suspense. I am a big fan of her The Fallen series which has a great story line, world building, lots of action and great romance. She delivered all that and then some in this novel.

Juliana James is the daughter of a crooked
Tracey
First off this is published by harlequin, which I put with mills and boons……. Exactly that is what my mother in law reads!!!! Well I was wrong as this was great, so my mother inlaw obviously reads some good stuff (harlequin, still not sure on mills and boons!)

Anyway ~

What an enjoyable book, different to my usual read, but was very good.

What an enjoyable book, different to my usual read, but was very good.

Alpha one, otherwise known as Logan Quinn part of a special ops team, his strong, determined
Nikki Brandyberry
Cynthia Eden continues her winning streak in my book with Alpha One, a new series built within the popular Harlequin Intrigue line. These are a bit shorter then her other books but no less as filling.

Juliana has been kidnapped as collateral to get her shifty senator father to cooperate with one of the most feared weapons dealers on the planet and hand over evidence he had planned to use in his favor. Julie’s father calls the only person he knows will stop at nothing to bring her safely back, Log
Nikki Brandyberry

• Navy SEAL Security (Brothers in Arms, #1)
  • Dangerous Memories
  • The Marshal's Witness
  • Kansas City Cowboy (The Precinct Task Force, #2)
  • For the Baby's Sake
  • Fearless
  • Soldier Under Siege (The Hunted, #1)
  • Grayson (Lawmen of Silver Creek Ranch #1)
  • Justice at Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #2)
  • Wicked Firsts
  • Midnight Secrets (Wildefire, #1)
  • Killing Time (One Eyed Jacks, #1)
  • Tempted into Danger (ICE: Black Ops Defenders #1)
  • Under Fire
New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Cynthia Eden has written over thirty novels and novellas. She was named as a 2013 RITA® finalist for her paranormal romance, ANGEL IN CHAINS, and, in 2011, Cynthia Eden was a RITA finalist for her romantic suspense, DEADLY FEAR.

Cynthia is a southern girl who loves horror movies, chocolate, and happy endings. She has always wanted to write (don't mos
More about Cynthia Eden...
Hotter After Midnight (Midnight, #1) Bound by Blood (Bound #1) Deadly Fear (Deadly, #1) Mine to Take (Mine, #1) Eternal Hunter (Night Watch, #1)