Narrow Escape (Sonoma #4)

Narrow Escape (Sonoma #4)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Arissa Tiong and her three-year-old niece are snatched off the street by members of a notorious drug gang. Having lost her police officer brother to a drug bust gone bad, Arissa knows the danger she's in. But she has no idea why they want her. Desperate to protect the little girl, Arissa escapes and runs straight to Nathan Fischer. She knows the handsome, weary former narc...more
Published January 2nd 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Narrow Escape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Narrow Escape

Susan
This author was new to me and I loved her work. I never did figure out who the bad guy was until he was revealed. That was great, as one of the many reasons I read love inspired suspense books is to try to solve the puzzle. I really like this genre because it has it all for me including spirituality. The action started from the first page and was non stop through out. Blessings.
Danica
Jan 09, 2013 Danica rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: lis
Really enjoyable book! I thought it was very high-paced and exciting.
Joy
full of suspense a fun read for the holidays
Cathy Daniel
Action from the first page. I loved this one!
Loraine
SUMMARY: Arissa Tiong and her three-year-old niece are snatched off the street by members of a notorious drug gang. Having lost her police officer brother to a drug bust gone bad, Arissa knows the danger she's in. But she has no idea why they want her. Desperate to protect the little girl, Arissa escapes and runs straight to Nathan Fischer. She knows the handsome, weary former narcotics cop hasn't told her everything about the night that ended her brother's life and Nathan's career. But he's all...more
Kim
So you might think I’m a little bias when reviewing Camy Tang novels but in all fairness, her writing really is good. I love her storylines because I can relate to them and because I’m from the Bay Area too.

Narrow Escape is Camy Tang’s 4th Love Inspired Suspense by Harlequin. She continues with this fast-paced thriller set in Sonoma, CA. Meet Arissa Tiong and her three-year-old niece/adopted daughter, Charity. Charity’s father, Arissa’s brother, was killed in action as a LAPD narcotics cop. The...more
Julie Graves
Arissa and her niece Charity are kidnapped in broad daylight. When Arissa awakens she is able to get herself and Charity away from the kidnappers. Hearing one of the kidnappers mention her brother’s name Arissa knows there is only one person she can turn to for help.
Nathan is Arissa’s brother Mark’s former partner. Nathan was wounded during the same gun fight that Mark was killed. Nathan can no longer work in his former job which has left him bitter and angry at God. He also believes that Mark...more
Lisa Phillips
Camy Tang books are always favorites of mine. Her characters are real people, peppered by the real problems we face as sinners trying to live right in a fallen world. This is a great story of the grace available to us when we fail (which is often!)

The thread of whether Arissa's brother had really betrayed them all before he died kept me turning pages until the end.
Mary
This high-speed, suspense story will whisk you through the pages. I'd liken it to the intensity of a Bourne movie.
Cheryl
If you want a book that will keep you wondering and in suspense,this is one you need to read.
Harlequin Books
Category: Inspirational Romance
Judy
Narrow Escape By Camy Tang
Sonoma Series Book 4
Arissa Tiong has been raising her niece for a year, not even knowing her brother was going to be a father when he was killed three years ago. Her life changes drastically once again on the day that the local gang kidnaps Charity and her. After her escape there's only one man she trusts enough to turn to. She can only pray he'll help them.

Nathan Fischer hasn't really been living the past three years. Not after a man he thought he knew and trusted had...more
Sue
I won a copy of "Narrow Escape" by Camy Tang in a contest through bestfiction.com.This was a fast-paced thriller that I really enjoyed.

Arissa Tiong and her three year old niece, and legal guardian of Charity, were kidnapped off the streets in Los Angeles.Arissa was an international flight attendant. Her parents owned a tiny grocery store in a low-income Filipino community.Mark, her brother had been killed in the line of duty.Arissa and Charity escaped their captives and ran to Nathan Fischer for...more
JS
This was such a good novel! I love how the story started off with tons of action! There were definitely a lot of twist and turns with tons of adventure and suspense. The book had a nice easy flow to it which made it a good read. The characters were well developed which made it easy getting to know them. This was my first novel by Camy Tang but I'm definitely looking forward to reading more!
Barbara
This is a fast-paced, suspenseful book with delightful characters. LA gangs, police moles, hiding while being pursued, and characters who grow in their faith and others who are struggling with questions of why God allows certain life events make it a book that will keep you turning pages to discover what happens. I enjoyed the fact that there are enough clues that make you consider possibilities other than the way the story actually ends that the reader probably won't figure everything out ahead...more
Bekki
I honestly did not expect to enjoy this book as much as I did. I was expecting the Christianity aspect of it to divert me from the story, when the two subjects weren't overly involved with each other. This made it a lot easier for me to enjoy the story as a non-faithful person. The action really gripped me more than I was expecting and though I didn't particularly care for Arissa's character, I understood her easily. I liked Nathan a lot more when he was introduced and through the middle than I...more
Nina
Narrow Escape by Camy Tang

Really great book, filled with great characters, gun fights, car
chases, and end to end action, great read. love the book, gave it
5 stars
Debra
Jul 10, 2014 Debra added it
great!
June
This Sonoma Series has turned out to be pretty interesting. A well written story with a nice plot. Page turner. At the end of the book I realized that I was suspicious of this books bad guy in the previous book. Interesting how that was carried into this book but for most of this book I was thinking the bad guy was someone else, so maybe he'll be the bad guy in the next one??
H.L. Wegley
Camy Tang has created a story with plenty of mystery, intrigue, and suspense. The main characters, Arissa and Nathan, are well developed, believable, and flawed, but likable. There’s plenty of action and never a dull moment in the story. If you like well-crafted romantic suspense, then you will enjoy Narrow Escape, the best yet from Camy Tang.
Ileana
Suspense, love, forgiveness- all great ingredients in this another great story from Camy. The plot was great and kept you guessing from page to page who the mole is. This book is an easy and fun read. it was just an added bonus that Camy writes about Filipinos and there is even a mention of Taiwan since I have ties to both Filipinos and Taiwanese.
Joanie Bruce
This book is packed with action and romance. I loved the characters, and the heart-stopping suspense kept me turning pages. The child involved in the story adds even more concern for the characters and their frightening situation. Great read!
Kathy Dickinson
Loved the caracters & the fast paced adventure & constant danger.Very moving the way you combined there weaknesses with Gods strength. When they realized God is always in control they were able to win in the face of adversity.Good read.
Readers Corner
This is the first book I've read by Camy Tang. Family ties can be strong, as is love, regardless of the circumstances. I enjoyed the example of loyalty to family and to love.
CarolynB
This book kept me interested all the way through! It was very fast paced and one never knew who the real villain was until the end. It's a real breath-holder!
Sharon
I am hearing good things about this book. We have added two copies to Grace Lutheran Church Library - regular print and larger print paperbacks.
Anne
Couldn't put it down. I love Christian suspense novels and this one hits to spot. Can't wait to read more by Camy Tang.
Nancy Anderson
Slogfest. I just could not get interested n this book though I really liked some of her other books.
Jan Hall
I really enjoyed this book. It kept me in Suspense throughout the book. Highly recommend this book!
John M.
Had some unfamiliar terms.
Camy Tang/Camille...: Narrow Escape giveaway! 12 26 Apr 17, 2013 04:46PM
Love Inspired Books: Win an autographed copy of Narrow Escape! 5 9 Feb 21, 2013 07:57PM
  • Explosive Secrets (Texas K-9 Unit #4)
  • Christmas Stalking (Guardians, Inc., #4)
  • The Missing Monarch (Reclaiming the Crown #4)
  • Midnight Shadows
  • Holiday Hideout
  • Twin Targets  (Protecting the Witnesses, #1)
  • Safe by the Marshal's Side (Witness Protection)
  • A Promise to Protect
  • Final Resort
  • Critical Condition
  • Warning Signs (Stepping Stones Island #1)
  • Stolen Identity
  • Illeanna (Orchidea: Love on the Bayou, #2)
  • Sleeping Beauty (Fairy-Tale Series #2) (Larger Print Love Inspired #415)
  • Undercover Pursuit (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #243)
291940
Camy writes Christian romantic suspense with Love Inspired Suspense as Camy Tang and Regency romance with Zondervan under her pen name, Camille Elliot. She grew up in Hawaii but now lives in northern California with her engineer husband and rambunctious dog. She graduated from Stanford University in psychology with a focus on biology, but for nine years she worked as a biologist researcher. Then G...more
More about Camy Tang...
Sushi for One? Only Uni Single Sashimi Protection for Hire Deadly Intent (Sonoma #1)