Start by marking “Secrets of Castillo del Arco” as Want to Read:
Secrets of Castillo del Arco

Secrets of Castillo del Arco

3.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  58 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Reclusive billionaire Raoul del Arco's deathbed promise to a friend haunts him. He swore to marry Gabriella D'Arenberg…but knows that taking her as his wife will only destroy her innocence.

Gaby has no idea that Raoul has sworn such an oath. And when he storms back into her life, he has a dark, dangerous edge she finds disturbingly alluring.

Now, trapped in Raoul's gothic ca
Published January 2nd 2013 by Harlequin (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of Castillo del Arco, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets of Castillo del Arco

RLA
Jul 07, 2012 RLA rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like a good tortured hero story, and I was hoping for good things from this book.

While the story is played out well, keeping you interested with all the twists and turns and hints about what might be under the surface, I feel this book never really reached it full potential.

There are a lot of elements that are confusing and frustrating. I couldn't understand the hero, especially his whole I-can-never-love-again-because-I-married-a-cheating-bitch thing. Okay, I can understand how he wouldn't fi
Ridley
This was a paint-by-numbers Presents. All of the elements of an effective Presents story were here - a moody, rich hero marries a sweet ingenue out of a sense of duty and has his cold heart thawed out by her boundless good nature - but there was none of the soul or feeling necessary to make it art. There's very little dialog in the book and the long stretches of navel-gazing POV prose repeats itself tediously as it shows rather than tells. To make matters worse, the sex writing is awkward and un ...more
Susan (susayq ~)
Grrrr yep, I started this review growling. This was HP at its finest...a deathbed promise to marry someone, a vow to one's self to never marry and love cause of the dismal failure of the first marriage, the innocent woman who has loved him her whole life, the lies and half truths while trying to push her away as he falls in love with her. They even threw in a hint of a ghost of the dead first wife (very gothic and I loved it). But this is what got me growling...she was so strong and brave and su ...more
Dalia
May 13, 2012 Dalia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Compelling read, brilliantly written, completely different from TM previous books. This book is full of darkness : darkness of the misty cold Venice, darkness from the ghostly, gloomy castle, from the stormy weather, darkness filling the hero s tortured soul. The only light seemed to come from the h who sees the good in everyone.
Bridie Coleman
Nov 21, 2011 Bridie Coleman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very dark romance from Trish and different from her usual fare but nonetheless a really good read about a tortured male Raoul who makes a death bed promise to his friend that he will marry his grand-daughter Gabriella to keep her out of the clutches of another man who is intent on getting his hands on her trust fund when she turns 25. They marry in Venice and what Gabriella believes in a heaven-made match turns to dust when she is brought to his gothic castle in Spain and learns of the ghosts th ...more
Eleni Ninolaki
Η τοση πολυ περιγραφη και η τοση πολυ αναλυση των σκεψεων και των συναισθηματων των χαρακτηρων ειχε σαν αποτελεσμα να το κανει κουραστικο...
Roub
Jun 02, 2014 Roub rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
this was quite good, i remember reading the book 1 or 2 months ago. however gabriella's infatuation wid raoul irritated me. she was pathetic and cud not say no to him while he manipulated her to fulfill a promise which was not dat important! i mean he did not have to marry gabriella to protect her.
Yazmin
Feb 18, 2013 Yazmin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Secrets of Castillo Del Arco by Trish Morey is a very emotional and sweet romance.

Raoul del Arco made a vow to never marry again after the tragic death of his wife a decade before. But now his friend Umberto has asked him to make him a promise on his deathbed, to marry his granddaughter and protect her from Consuelo Garbas, a man that has been getting close to Gabriella and who is after her inheritance.

Gabriella D’Arenburg has not seen Raoul since the death of their respective parents. Now after
Alison
Jul 29, 2013 Alison rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
To me this was a bit of a strange book. On one hand I really liked the hero and heroine (though the hero could be a bit over the top about his first wife) and the whole 'marriage rescue' thing agreed with the dying grandfather.

On the other hand, it kind of lost me with the Gothic castle and ghostly former wife - while not utilising the dodgy boyfriend of the heroine for a perilous moment/or black moment towards the end.

So in short, enjoyed the first part, lost me at the end.
Harlequin Books
Morgan
Morgan added it
Jul 07, 2016
Pink Angel
Pink Angel rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2016
Zainab
Zainab marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Remya Pillai
Remya Pillai rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2016
Endy
Endy rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Kristin
Kristin rated it did not like it
Feb 05, 2016
Books
Books added it
Jan 17, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Nov 29, 2015
Lorann
Lorann rated it it was ok
Oct 04, 2015
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2015
Mishka
Mishka rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Gigi
Gigi rated it it was ok
Jul 08, 2015
Tiphani
Tiphani rated it did not like it
Jun 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
319441
Trish always fancied herself a writer, so she dutifully picked gherkins and washed dishes in a Chinese restaurant on her way to earning herself an economics degree and a qualification as a chartered accountant instead. Work took her to Canberra where she promptly fell in love with a tall, dark and handsome hero who cut computer code, and marriage and the inevitable children followed, which gave Tr ...more
More about Trish Morey...