Start by marking “The Devil and the Deep” as Want to Read:
The Devil and the Deep

The Devil and the Deep

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  101 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Author Stella Mills has writers' block. Her swashbuckling debut romance was a mega-hit—and the world is crying out for a sequel. Problem is, her sexy-as-sin hero was based on childhood friend Rick Granville, whose dangerously delicious eyes have never sparkled at her that way!So being forced to spend weeks on adventurer Rick's luxury yacht could be just the thing to trigge ...more
Published January 2nd 2013 by Harlequin (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Devil and the Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil and the Deep

Tortured Rake by Sarah MorganThe Man She Loves To Hate by Kelly HunterDoukakis's Apprentice by Sarah MorganWanted by Her Lost Love by Maya BanksThe Devil and the Deep by Amy Andrews
Harlequin M&B Presents
5th out of 54 books — 50 voters
Devil in Winter by Lisa KleypasDevil's Angel by Mallery MaloneTill Dawn with the Devil by Alexandra HawkinsThe Devil's Own by Sandra BrownDevil Without a Cause by Terri Garey
Romance Novels with Devil in the Title
81st out of 93 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Fiona Marsden
Oct 11, 2012 Fiona Marsden rated it it was amazing
This book should come with a WARNING. Do NOT choose this book to read while sitting at the bedside of a dying relative. You will make enemies when you glare at the nursing staff for interrupting you. Because you will not want to put this book down. This book also has really sizzling love scenes, so it is not the book to read in the presence of your Mother-in-Law. Even if she is in a coma and will not notice your heavy breathing and hot flushes.

Seriously this book has some wow factor. I always lo
Nas Dean
Jan 09, 2013 Nas Dean rated it it was amazing
THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP by author Amy Andrews is a Harlequin Presents release for January 2013.

After releasing her debut novel, author Stella Mills was blocked now as she had based her hero on her childhood friend, Rick Granville and can no longer write more.

She was on Rick’s luxury yacht and it just might trigger her inspiration. But her fictional fantasies were turning into reality now.

Rick had always fantasized about her, but after reading her book realized that she had harboured feelings fo
Susan (susayq ~)
This was my first book by Amy Andrews and I have to say, it won't be my last. I really enjoyed this.

Stella is a romance writer who is suffering from writer's block after the huge success of her first book. She begrudgingly goes on a treasure hunt with her long time friend Rick, who just happens to be who the hero of her book was based on. When Rick realizes he was the basis for Stella's hero, he decides to have some fun with her by recreating some of the scenes from her book. (Both of them have
StMargarets
This is a friends to lovers story with a chick-lit feel.

The heroine is a romance novelist with writer's block. The hero is a friend from childhood who was the inspiration for the pirate hero of her romance novel. The story opens when the hero arrives at her door to take her on a treasure hunt for a lost ship, The Mermaid, because it had been her father's dying wish. Just seeing the hero and remembering all the games they played while they sailed all over the world, gives the heroine inspiration
Nigelle-ann
Jun 16, 2015 Nigelle-ann rated it it was amazing
Wow what to say about this book. Came up on my face book page, and I asked for a link to the kobo site, Amy was worried that it had been price to high at $6.00. Best $6 bucks I have spent.

Stella and Rick are a wonderful couple who just needed a push in the right direction. The whole story within a story was a brilliant idea, I kinda want the other story now too LOL. I loved the pace and while a quickish read felt just the right length. Those steamy love scenes were perfect for the characters and
Kate
Apr 09, 2013 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like friend-to-lover romances, but the semi-secondary story with the characters from the heroine's book just didn't do it for me. One of the reasons I don't read historical romances is because I don't like the antiquated language and writing style that is often used, so having to read passages from a fake historical romance didn't win any favors from me.
Saly
Rating 3.5 stars
A good friends to lovers story. Heroine has a bad case of writer block, then comes the hero, her childhood friend and the man she used as a hero in her first book. The hero reads her book and enacts the sexy bits. I was enjoying the book when it ended suddenly with the obligatory ILU, starting with the hero.
Rakisha
Jan 16, 2013 Rakisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I had to give someone a copy of what I considered to be the perfect romance novel, I would hand her a copy of Amy Andrews The Devil and the Deep. It is a friends to lovers category romance that has emotional and sexual tension! Rick and Stella are the children of ocean salvage workers and spent most of their childhood growing up together playing on boats and waters dreaming of sunken treasure. Rick grows up to inherit Stella's dads business, and Stella grows up to be an acclaimed romance nove ...more
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Jan 08, 2013 Sara HarlequinJunkie rated it it was amazing
Reviewed at HarlequinJunkie.com

The Devil and the Deep by Amy Andrews is one sexy entertaining read, in this book we get a double dose of sexy with not one but two sexy heroes; a pirate and a treasure hunter and both are equally captivating ;)

Stella and Rick grew up sailing the high seas together searching for treasure with Stella’s father. When Stella’s father passes away he leaves Stella and Rick one half of a treasure map each as his legacy.

She glanced at Rick. ‘You got the same?’
He nodded a
Dalia
Feb 27, 2013 Dalia rated it really liked it
3.5 - 4 stars
I like Stella and Rick's relationship. A childhood friendship fringed with sexual tension ignored on both side most of the time. Rick is the star of Stella's fantasies and the inspiration for the hero of her historical romantic book.
Once Rick read the book and knew he was the hero, he can't take Stella out of his mind. It doesn't help that they have to spend many weeks on board of his boat in an adventurous trip in search of a pirate's treasure. Stella, who was suffering a writer'
Victoria Parker
Jan 16, 2013 Victoria Parker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Note to readers; Do NOT start this book at 10pm. Otherwise you'll be staring down the barrel of 3am before you even contemplate sleep and next day you'll look like hell! Or maybe that's just me. However, as always with Amy, it's worth every eye-watering yawn.

Here we have Rick and Stella, two dynamic awesome characters who you can't help but fall in love with. I loved the writing. I loved the setting. I loved the secondary Diana. Hell, I even loved the dead guy! I adored Rick with all my heart an
Sheryl
Dec 01, 2012 Sheryl rated it it was amazing
Ohhhh... I really LOVED this story; the sexual tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife and the laugh-out-loud lines, had me chortling!!!
Desere
Jan 13, 2013 Desere rated it it was amazing
This book was everything I as reader could ask for but also so much more. It had the awesome factor, the romance, the heat and passion so hot that it not only left me breathless it left the pages burning,and the action adventure I so often seek!

I am a huge Matthew Mcconaughey fan and the author's hero of Rick was so like him in the movie Fools Gold! Yes, I kid you not ladies, the movie might have given me the treasure hunting and very sexy Matthew but the author of this book gave me the hero al
Petra Grayson
Jul 22, 2014 Petra Grayson rated it it was amazing
This one hit exactly the right spot for me. I basically didn't put it one for one whole evening; cooking dinner, getting the kids to bed – kept it in my hand the whole time. It's narrowly focused, sexy, warm, and gave me lots of happy feelings. Rick and Stella were interesting, nice to each other, and flirty without taking themselves too seriously. The setting was so rich and sensual, it'll make you long for the ocean and the stars and your very own first love.
Modesty_b
Mar 05, 2014 Modesty_b rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite
scorching... If you want to read a story ,which is light, scorching, and has you wishing you were in the story... this is for you. I for one wanted to jump headlong into the story and experience first hand the sea, the reefs and the hero all for myself. It's just totally refreshing... and soothing and I felt as if I can smell and feel the sea breeze... had me longing for it... and I know that if ever I get the chance to cruise I'll definitely be thinking about this story . Just plain loved it :)
Sakie
Jun 27, 2013 Sakie rated it it was amazing
I really recommend this book. And true enough as mentioned by one of the reviewers not to start late at night, I didn't take the advise as I couldn't wait after seeing that it has such high reviews. I finished the book in one session and ended at 5:00 am.

This book has great humor and an interesting story line. It's also the first time I read a book by A. Andrews. I would try some of her other novels, too.
Tina Marie
Mar 09, 2013 Tina Marie rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book. It was so unique for this type of book. The lust was on slow boil and hot. The storyline was great. I loved the salvage angle with our hero and heroine. The pirate and his lady. Loved it!
Stella
Jan 17, 2013 Stella rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 13
Such sweet story with very likable characters (Rick is to die for!) and of course steaming hot 'scenes'. That's exactly what contemporary romance is about IMHO. Definitely recommend it.
Angy
May 29, 2013 Angy rated it it was amazing
10stars....
god i fell in love with Rick....
RICK, RICK, RICK....
I WANT A RICK FOR MYSELF... PLZ ANYBODY TELL WHERE I CAN FIND ONE.... ;)
Jana
May 04, 2015 Jana rated it really liked it
Naudingujaht
Stella Mills - kirjanik
Rick Granville - ?
Jacquie
Jan 16, 2013 Jacquie rated it really liked it
A great book! So funny, yet sexy at the same time
Kim
Feb 03, 2013 Kim rated it it was amazing
This was a great fast read! Highly recommend
ஐ฿υκєτஐ
Okuduğum en iyi bd hikayelerinden biriydi.
Bungluna
Jan 09, 2015 Bungluna rated it it was ok
Shelves: category
I enjoy this author, but this one just didn't do it for me.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Temptation on Her Doorstep
Category: Classic Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Temptation on Her Doorstep
Category: Classic Romance
Madhoo
Madhoo marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Kathryn Jones
Kathryn Jones marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Cracking the Dating Code (The Wests, #2)
  • The Inconvenient Bride
  • A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)
  • Magnate's Mistress...Accidentally Pregnant! (Modern Heat)
  • One Night, So Pregnant! (Brothers & Sisters, #4)
  • Sex, Gossip and Rock & Roll
  • Uncovering the Silveri Secret
  • Sold to the Enemy
  • Untamed Billionaire, Undressed Virgin
  • Mistress for a Weekend
  • Imprisoned by a Vow
  • The Disobedient Mistress (Sister Brides, #2)
  • Innocent on Her Wedding Night
  • Ruthlessly Bedded By The Italian Billionaire
  • Argentinian Playboy, Unexpected Love-Child (Harlequin Presents Extra, #70)
  • A Facade to Shatter (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty #6)
  • Pleasured by the Secret Millionaire
  • All They Need
Amy Andrews is a multi-published, award- winning author of 50+ romance novels across both traditional and digital platforms. She writes for Harlequin Mills and Boon, Entangled, Harper Collins Australia, Momentum Publishing, Escape Publishing and Tule. She's sold in excess of a million books worldwide and has been translated into over a dozen languages. In her spare time she is a PICU nurse and mot ...more
More about Amy Andrews...