Start by marking “A Conflict of Interest (Daughters of Power: The Capital #1)” as Want to Read:
A Conflict of Interest (Daughters of Power: The Capital #1)
Preview

A Conflict of Interest (Daughters of Power: The Capital #1)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  18 reviews
She tried to stay away from him….

More than once, White House PR specialist Cara Cranshaw has considered that reporter Max Gray might want her only because he can't have her. Given their work, a relationship is dicey—and impossible now that the president has taken office.

For Max, their relationship may be a lark, a fling—maybe she'
Published January 2nd 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Conflict of Interest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Conflict of Interest

Susan
Very good book. Cara and Max had been involved for a short time but they can't be now. With her job at the White House and his as a reporter there is too much risk to them both (reminds me a little of CJ and Danny in West Wing). The problem is that their attraction is too strong and they can't resist it whenever they find themselves together. Cara is very good at what she does and doesn't want to risk her position. She also can't stop thinking about Max and now that she's pregnant she doesn't kn ...more
Saly
Rating 3.5 stars
An enjoyable read. The hero and heroine are on two opposite sides, she works for the White House and he as a reporter but their attraction is too strong plus the heroine is expecting. She very well knows that the hero doesn't like kids so she has no intention to tell him. Most of the book both of these are thrown together and fail to resist the chemistry between them. I still ended up liking the book.
Paige
***Detailed Review***

There wasn’t much that I enjoyed about A CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

The president secret daughter scandal that threw white house PR specialist Cara Cranshaw and reporter Max Gray together was not one that I followed easily, nor did it keep my attention.

Cara’s already pregnant from a few stolen nights with Max, which go against their jobs as it’s a conflict of interest. Add on that Max doesn’t like nor want kids and it makes things difficult when Cara learns she’s pregnant.

Keepi
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
It is full steam ahead for Cara Cranshaw when her candidate is elected to the office of the President of the United States. Cara is a PR specialist in the White House press office, so her life cannot include a torrid romance with a reporter like Max Gray, who specializes in digging up news guaranteed to end political careers.

Reporter Max Gray knows how to get his hands dirty while chasing down sensational news. His news show has made him one of the country’s hottest bachelors. Unfortunately, the
Rubina
Cara Cranshaw was a White House PR. Her job had become the sole obstruction in her love life. She had fallen in love with reporter Max Gray and was dating him before the elections.

But now after the elections, they decided to stay away from each other due to work ethics.Then she found out that she was pregnant! She also knew how Max felt about fatherhood, so she decided not to tell him at all.

While they were trying to keep their emotions at bay, a scandal broke out which was connected to The Pres
Tia
Okay, can you say AWW! I really thought this novel was great too. Cara was trying so hard to do the right thing for Max but the more she tried, the more Max and Cara's passion flowed. I loved that they were trying to separate themselves when they really just belonged together. The angst was killer. Totally worth the read and the ending was beautiful.
Jessica
One of my favorite book of all time. It's funny, poignant and pushes all my buttons.
Max is not the kind of guy you would expect to propose, but the kind a woman would want to tame. He's hilarious, isn't really fond of kids, but he totally surprise me and keeps me on my toes, waiting for what's next. I'm in love with this book. I love their connection, and the way they make me smile and go crazy sometimes. It's not the longest book but it feels like it. And I love it all.
An awesomely hot, funny
Mtld
Η ιστορια ηταν η αφηγηση μιας σχεσης που τα μελη της ήταν ανίκανα να χειριστουν, αν και θεωρητικα ήταν νοημονες ενήλικες.
Εμπλεξαν την προσωπικη τους ζωή με τις επαγγελματικες τους ασχολίες και λειτουργησαν σαν ρομποτ.
Το τελος ήταν βεβιασμενο. Τίποτα στην ιστορία δεν εδειχνε πάθος και αγαπη. Μόνο σπασμωδικους χειρισμούς μιας σεξουαλικης σχεσης που εφυγε εκτός ορίων με την εγκυμοσύνη. Ψυχρή και ανεμπνευστη ήταν.
2,5/5.
Megan
I reviewed this book for the Smart Bitches Trashy Books 2014 RITA Reader Review Challenge.
Jenny
Aww that was such a sweet story. The hero was charming and Cara was a heroine I loved, which is a rare thing for me. I really felt the chemistry and I was rooting for them so bad! The ending was a bit abrupt though so 4 stars :)
Jean Tallman
This sat on my TBR pile for months. It took me three days to read this book. It normally takes an afternoon. Just could not get through it.

For a good read, check out Ten Tiny Breaths.
Livia
A cute predictable story. I hope the subsequent books in this mini-series will have stories with a little more depth.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Daughters of Power: The Capital
Category: Passion
Susan
Unhappy the book left many things unresolved
Penney
Very good! I love how it all turn out.
Kate
Overall rating -- 3.5 stars
PWRL
Jul 08, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Kourtney
Kourtney marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Mar 22, 2015
Ellen Castillo
Ellen Castillo marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Jae
Jae added it
Feb 24, 2015
Basia
Basia added it
Feb 18, 2015
Michelle Padilla
Michelle Padilla marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Barbara Dunlop penned--well pencilled, actually--her first major work of fiction at the age of eight. It was entitled How The Giraffe Got His Long Neck and was released to rave reviews. Unfortunately, the print run of one copy hindered distribution. But the experience whet her appetite for celebrity and acclaim.

Three years later she became a reporter for the venerated publication, The Berry Street
More about Barbara Dunlop...

Daughters of Power: The Capital (6 books)
  • Bedroom Diplomacy (Daughters of Power: The Capital #2)
  • A Wedding She'll Never Forget (Daughters of Power: The Capital #3)
  • No Stranger to Scandal (Daughters of Power: The Capital #4)
  • A Very Exclusive Engagement (Daughters of Power: The Capital #5)
  • Affairs of State (Daughters of Power: The Capital #6)
An Unlikely Match (Match, #1) Beauty and the Billionaire (Silhouette Desire, #1853) Billionaire Baby Dilemma An Impractical Match (Match, #2) The CEO's Accidental Bride