The Cowboy's Surprise Bride (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #2)

The Cowboy's Surprise Bride (Cowboys of Eden Valley #2)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Traveling to Canada's Northwest Territories is a thrilling opportunity for Linette Edwards—and her chance to escape a dreaded marriage in England. She's more than eager to accept Eddie Gardiner's written invitation. How could she know that Eddie thinks he's marrying not Linette, but her friend, Margaret?Eddie planned for a well-bred bride who'd help prove his worth to his...more
Published January 2nd 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Cowboy's Surprise Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cowboy's Surprise Bride

Jenna Anderson
When you start a Harlequin title you are guaranteed a happily ever after. We go to these books for the HEA, or at least I do.

I'd like to thank NetGalley and Harlequin for the review copy of this book.

Linette is running from an arranged marriage and a domineering father back in London. She makes a long journey across the Atlantic Ocean and most of Canada to land on the doorstep of Eddie Gardiner...He was expecting someone else.

This set up is very cute. Imagine him watching another woman step out...more
Rhonda
4 STARS

I enjoyed reading The Cowboy's Surprse Bride this sunday. I can really imangine the snowy winter scenes by looking out my windows.
It took a lot of bravery for Linette to come across the ocean to marry a man she did not know. She reached out along the way to help others and caring for them no matter what. Linette is a good example of caring for others.
Eddie had big plans to marry a girl he had seen before crossing the ocean to ranch in British terratories.(now Canada)He is surprised when a...more
Janis Kay
Now this is what I call a struggle for one's approval! Lol, their insecurities make them very endearing (and relatable) characters. There is also heavy allusion to who the next lucky couple will be in the next book:) Highly recommend!
Valerie Comer
Eddie Gardiner has been in Western Canada for a year and a half, preparing for his English fiancée , Margaret, to join him. Imagine his surprise when the stagecoach delivers Margaret's friend Linette Edwards instead--with a young widow and (unrelated) orphan boy in tow. Linette was sure she was a fine replacement for Margaret, who decided she couldn't brave the Canadian west for a man she barely knew.

So here's Linette, expecting a welcome, and Eddie, expecting Margaret, and western Canada, expec...more
IrenesChristianReviews
This book is one of the Love Inspired Historical books from the Love Inspired book collection. There are so many great books and these written with historical romances have all been pretty good. This particular book is about a couple who have never met and how they end up together is the whole of the story. There are sub stories that are just as good as the main story! You will definitely enjoy the interaction of the two main characters as they get to know each other.

I gave this book 4/5 stars....more
Alyssa (The Shady Glade)
The Love Inspired books are definitely romantic fluff reads. Like your typical romance novel they don't have a lot of substance to them. But I think sometimes that's okay, because you don't always want a heavy, thoughtful book. And you're always guaranteed a happily ever after, and because I'm a romantic sap that's what I always want.

This particular book was pretty good. I like the plot, it was a different from anything I've read before. As usual with romance novels it was frustrating that the...more
Dorcas
This was good but the hero was a little thick. Didn't seem to "see the light of love" til he was blinded by it. The heroine had to jump through hoops til you wondered at the end of the day if he really was worth that much trouble. As with many of Linda Ford's books, a child seems to finally bring them together. There's a rather sour companion lady to the heroine who could use a bit of sweetening up. She did have cause for her moods but it got a bit tiresome.
It was good but I doubt I will read it...more
Rebekah Gyger
I thought this book was good. Linette's desire to be more than just an ornament is one that I understand. Her fear of love was one that I did not. I liked the sweetness of the story though I could have done with out some of the restating of opinions and feelings.

I would recommend Linda Ford's books and will most likely read more.

To know what books I back, go to my blog ar http://backingbooks.blogspot.com/
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Cowboys of Eden Valley
Category: Inspirational Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Cowboys of Eden Valley
Category: Inspirational Romance
June
Good love story that started out as a disaster.
Kerri
Good book, but it started kind of slow.
Sara
Wonderful!!!
Amy Jo
Amy Jo added it
Jul 05, 2014
Megan 'ross' charlton
Megan 'ross' charlton marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Janelle Threlfall
Janelle Threlfall marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Melissa
Melissa is currently reading it
May 06, 2014
James
James marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Rina
Rina marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Jamie
Jamie added it
May 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Linda Ford grew up devouring books and making up stories in her head—often late at night when she couldn't sleep. But she hadn't planned to write. Instead, she dreamed of running an orphanage. In a way, that dream came true. She married, had four homemade children, adopted ten and lived (at times, endured) the dream.

Writing first took her to non-fiction human-interest articles for newspapers and...more
More about Linda Ford...
Dakota Child The Journey Home (Depression Series, #2) The Cowboy Tutor Dakota Father Once Upon a Thanksgiving: Season of Bounty\Home for Thanksgiving