Start by marking “The Cowboy's Surprise Bride (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Cowboy's Surprise Bride (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #2)

The Cowboy's Surprise Bride (Cowboys of Eden Valley #2)

Traveling to Canada's Northwest Territories is a thrilling opportunity for Linette Edwards—and her chance to escape a dreaded marriage in England. She's more than eager to accept Eddie Gardiner's written invitation. How could she know that Eddie thinks he's marrying not Linette, but her friend, Margaret?Eddie planned for a well-bred bride who'd help prove his worth to his ...more
Published January 2nd 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Cowboy's Surprise Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cowboy's Surprise Bride

Jenna Anderson
Feb 01, 2013 Jenna Anderson rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
When you start a Harlequin title you are guaranteed a happily ever after. We go to these books for the HEA, or at least I do.

I'd like to thank NetGalley and Harlequin for the review copy of this book.

Linette is running from an arranged marriage and a domineering father back in London. She makes a long journey across the Atlantic Ocean and most of Canada to land on the doorstep of Eddie Gardiner...He was expecting someone else.

This set up is very cute. Imagine him watching another woman step out
Rhonda
Jan 20, 2013 Rhonda rated it really liked it
4 STARS

I enjoyed reading The Cowboy's Surprse Bride this sunday. I can really imangine the snowy winter scenes by looking out my windows.
It took a lot of bravery for Linette to come across the ocean to marry a man she did not know. She reached out along the way to help others and caring for them no matter what. Linette is a good example of caring for others.
Eddie had big plans to marry a girl he had seen before crossing the ocean to ranch in British terratories.(now Canada)He is surprised when a
Dorcas
This was good but the hero was a little thick. Didn't seem to "see the light of love" til he was blinded by it. The heroine had to jump through hoops til you wondered at the end of the day if he really was worth that much trouble. As with many of Linda Ford's books, a child seems to finally bring them together. There's a rather sour companion lady to the heroine who could use a bit of sweetening up. She did have cause for her moods but it got a bit tiresome.
It was good but I doubt I will read it
Janis Kay
Dec 24, 2012 Janis Kay rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-fic
Now this is what I call a struggle for one's approval! Lol, their insecurities make them very endearing (and relatable) characters. There is also heavy allusion to who the next lucky couple will be in the next book:) Highly recommend!
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I liked this one. Review to come.

Content:
Romance- Clean, mild kissing
Language- None
Violence- None
Religious- Moderate

Source: Review copy
Jaclyn Jansma
Feb 03, 2017 Jaclyn Jansma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

An awesome read. I really enjoyed the book. The book was very well written but what do I know I just love to read.
Dec 21, 2016 Laura rated it it was ok
It wasn't terrible, but everything was way too conveniently resolved with no real development - just complete turnarounds or huge unexplained flashes of insight.
Valerie Comer
Mar 04, 2013 Valerie Comer rated it it was amazing
Eddie Gardiner has been in Western Canada for a year and a half, preparing for his English fiancée , Margaret, to join him. Imagine his surprise when the stagecoach delivers Margaret's friend Linette Edwards instead--with a young widow and (unrelated) orphan boy in tow. Linette was sure she was a fine replacement for Margaret, who decided she couldn't brave the Canadian west for a man she barely knew.

So here's Linette, expecting a welcome, and Eddie, expecting Margaret, and western Canada, expec
IrenesBookReviews
Nov 21, 2012 IrenesBookReviews rated it really liked it
This book is one of the Love Inspired Historical books from the Love Inspired book collection. There are so many great books and these written with historical romances have all been pretty good. This particular book is about a couple who have never met and how they end up together is the whole of the story. There are sub stories that are just as good as the main story! You will definitely enjoy the interaction of the two main characters as they get to know each other.

I gave this book 4/5 stars.
Alyssa (The Shady Glade)
The Love Inspired books are definitely romantic fluff reads. Like your typical romance novel they don't have a lot of substance to them. But I think sometimes that's okay, because you don't always want a heavy, thoughtful book. And you're always guaranteed a happily ever after, and because I'm a romantic sap that's what I always want.

This particular book was pretty good. I like the plot, it was a different from anything I've read before. As usual with romance novels it was frustrating that the
Rebekah Gyger
Feb 16, 2013 Rebekah Gyger rated it liked it
I thought this book was good. Linette's desire to be more than just an ornament is one that I understand. Her fear of love was one that I did not. I liked the sweetness of the story though I could have done with out some of the restating of opinions and feelings.

I would recommend Linda Ford's books and will most likely read more.

To know what books I back, go to my blog ar http://backingbooks.blogspot.com/
Helena
Helena rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2013
MariJoWebb
MariJoWebb rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2014
Louise
Louise rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2014
Michele Benchouk
Michele Benchouk rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Cowboys of Eden Valley
Category: Inspirational Romance
Judy Fanning
Judy Fanning rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Dug
Dug rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2016
kyna stanley
kyna stanley rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2015
Bobi
Bobi rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2017
Ingrid
Ingrid rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2013
PEGGY CORDEIRO
PEGGY CORDEIRO rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2017
Laura rated it it was ok
Feb 09, 2017
Jamie Harrington
Jamie Harrington rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2015
Sis Montet
Sis Montet rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2016
Tracey Hagwood
Tracey Hagwood rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2013
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 13, 2015 10:51AM
  • Hill Country Cattleman (Brides of Simpson Creek, #6)
  • A Groom for Greta (Amish Brides of Celery Fields, #3)
  • The Rake's Redemption (The Everard Legacy, #3)
  • The Bride Next Door (Texas Grooms, #2)
  • The Baron's Governess Bride (Glass Slipper Brides, #2)
  • His Mountain Miss (Smoky Mountain Matches, #3)
  • Heartland Wedding (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #2)
  • Love on the Range
  • Wooing the Schoolmarm (Pinewood Weddings, #1)
  • Mail-Order Holiday Brides: Home for Christmas/Snowflakes for Dry Creek
  • The Reluctant Earl
  • The Runaway Bride
  • The Cowboy Lawman (Cooper Creek, #5)
  • The Marshal's Promise
  • Marrying the Preacher's Daughter
  • Winning the Widow's Heart (Prairie Courtships, #1)
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • Rocky Mountain Match (Rocky Mountain, #1)
Linda Ford grew up devouring books and making up stories in her head—often late at night when she couldn't sleep. But she hadn't planned to write. Instead, she dreamed of running an orphanage. In a way, that dream came true. She married, had four homemade children, adopted ten and lived (at times, endured) the dream.

Writing first took her to non-fiction human-interest articles for newspapers and
More about Linda Ford...

Cowboys of Eden Valley (7 books)
  • The Gift of Family: Merry Christmas, Cowboy\Smoky Mountain Christmas
  • The Cowboy's Unexpected Family (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #3)
  • The Cowboy's Convenient Proposal (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #4)
  • Claiming the Cowboy's Heart (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #5)
  • Winning Over the Wrangler (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #6)
  • Falling for the Rancher Father (Cowboys of Eden Valley, #7)