His Kind of Trouble

His Kind of Trouble (The Berringers #3)

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Mills & Boon Blaze series promises scorching hot reads...Danger is bodyguard Chance Berringer's first, last and middle name. Protecting celebrity chef Ana Perez - a hot little firecracker with a mouth to match - for two weeks in Mexico is more vacation than job. Just keeping his eyes on her, and his hands off. How hard can it be? But when the heat starts sizzling in th...more
Published December 18th 2012 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about His Kind of Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Kind of Trouble

Lily (Lily Pond Reads)
Courtesy of Harlequin through Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I wish I could give this book a better rating, but it wasn't what I expected. The plot was decent at best, but the main female character wasn't really a hot little fire cracker with a mouth – she was annoying and made some really questionable choices.

Ana Perez is a cooking show host, and because she was recently receiving threats, her company hires Chance Berringer as her bodyguard. Amidst all the threats, Ana wants to go h...more
Heather
Thanks to the publisher, Harlequin, and NetGalley for the chance to read this early!

I struggled with this book; mainly because of the heroine – I found my rolling my eyes at her over-the-top dramatized reactions. This is my first book by this author, and the story concept was fantastic (I even plan to order the first 2 - & I am hoping that there is an upcoming story for Luke.)

This book has redeeming qualities – the hero, Chance, but ultimately it was a secondary love story that had me plowin...more
Katie-marie
Synopsis

Ana is a famous chef with her own reality tv cooking contest show. After the studio receives threats on Ana's life, they hire a personal bodyguard for Ana much to her displeasure. In steps the Berringer Brothers. None of them want to accept this case because Ana is known for being difficult with a wicked temper. Youngest brother Chance walks into the end of the meeting after returning from an extreme skiing trip. After taking one look at her picture, Chance accepts the job and heads off...more
Anna -  Martini Times Romance
I got this book from Netgalley.com as an ARC, and I enjoyed it for what it was. A weak plot centered on lukewarm erotic scenes. The summary on the back of the book is pretty spot on. What you read there is what you get. His Kind of Trouble wasn't awful enough to get 1 olive, but it was border line in my opinion.

In His Kind of Trouble, the 3rd book of the Berringer Bodyguards Files, the main characters, Ana and Chance, are weak and honestly don't seem suited in my opinion. I felt like Ms. Hunter...more
Dabney

This review originally appeared at DearAuthor

Name: Chance Berringer

Trademarks: Chance by name…chance by nature!

Biggest weakness: Adventure and beautiful women—especially when combined in one caliente cook!

Danger is bodyguard Chance Berringer’s first, last and middle name. Protecting celebrity chef Ana Perez—a hot little firecracker with a mouth to match—for two weeks in Mexico is more vacation than job. Just keep his eyes on her, and his hands off. How hard can it be?

Plenty hard.

A
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Chance Berringer is a bodyguard of the family business. His latest assignment is one no one wanted, but protecting the celebrity beauty with a waspish tongue is just right for him.

Ana thinks there is no danger, but the studio insists. Her much anticipated trip home is not what it seems. With a bodyguard in tow, family obligations clash, and Chance stands solidly by her side.

Chance knows there is more than what appears with the childhood friend of Ana. Danger is still stalking and could change li...more
Hsiau Wei
This book tells the story of Chance Bellinger who is assigned to protect Ana Perez, a famous cook from a stalker by her agency. Being a confirmed bachelor, relationship and commitment is furthest from his mind yet when he met Ana, he has the strong instinct to protect her very much. Ana, who have a humble beginning, intend to go back home to visit her family found herself in Chance’s protection which is something that she doesn’t want to. As the story progresses, Ana found herself not only being...more
Lee Anne - OMG! Spring is Finally Here!
I love strong Alpha men. I love a romantic suspense. When the two come together, I love it even more. This one held a lot of potential, but the result left me feeling flat.

Chance and his brothers own a personal security firm and they’ve been hired to protect celebrity Chef Ana from a stalker. Ana, being the strong, independent woman she is, resists. Chance doesn’t give up on her and keeps at her until she resigns herself to having him in her life, at least temporarily.

The story started out in th...more
Desere
This was the third book in the Berringer series and once again Mrs Hunter blew my mind ! The passion and heat between Ana and Chance was amazing !

I loved it so much that I would gladly take the place of Ana to be stalked just to get close to a deliciously and seriously hot Chance !

The author used the element of danger and turned it into the perfect excuse for these two to get downright hot and dirty.

I totally adored the author's use of a very colourful dialogue that made for some really inter...more
TashNz
The third book in the Berringer Bodyguard series was HOT! No pun intended.

Celebrity Chef Ana sparked! She is feisty and I loved that she was a strong character, it really suited her. Her TV producers hired Chance to protect her from what appeared to be a stalker. Chance had a plan and getting Ana to follow was easier said than done.

I loved the fast paced action and adventure and sizzling action each page bought me. If it's starting to snow in your neck of the woods look this book up - you'll be...more
Nina Harrington
What a great premise - a bodyguard looking after the fiesty host of a reality cooking show. Fun, contemporary and credible.
I loved the heroine and the complexity of her motivation and family background. A sumptuous setting and a hero a girl could drool over were expertly interwoven in this very enjoyable sensual romance.
Yes, I got annoyed with Anna at those points in the story where the author wanted me to, and yes, I understood why the hero did what he did. Spot on.
Sorry to say that the Mexica...more
Layla Chase
I wanted to like this book more than I did. The setup of a bodyguard and the one being guarded was one that I've liked in other books. My main problem was the character/personality of the heroine. The author portrayed her as impulsive and passionate but to this reader, she came off as selfish and lacking common sense. If you have a paid bodyguard to protect you from stalkers, you don't dash out alone in public, especially after you've been shot.
I have to believe the characters would act like rat...more
Liz Mulherin
I need to check the other books in the series!
Garren
I only finished this because it was so darn short. Maybe I need to branch out into romance with a smarter method of selecting reads.

Characters were extremely shallow and the suspense was mostly based on rapey tension. Awful.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Berringers
Category: Passion
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Beerchen
Beerchen marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Mariska
Mariska marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Lk Moore
Lk Moore marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Mar 10, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Samantha Hunter lives in Syracuse, NY, where after working as a university writing instructor for ten years she's began writing full-time at home. Her first book was a Harlequin Blaze, Virtually Perfect (July 2004), which was the very first book she ever wrote and submitted (so don't think it can't happen!). Since, she's written seven more Blaze books, with more on the horizon.

When she's not writi...more
More about Samantha Hunter...
Pick Me Up (Harlequin Blaze, #343) Barely There Talking In Your Sleep... (Harlequin Blaze #365) Make Your Move (Harlequin Blaze, #542) Untouched