Start by marking “His Kind of Trouble” as Want to Read:
His Kind of Trouble

His Kind of Trouble (The Berringers #3)

Mills & Boon Blaze series promises scorching hot reads...Danger is bodyguard Chance Berringer's first, last and middle name. Protecting celebrity chef Ana Perez - a hot little firecracker with a mouth to match - for two weeks in Mexico is more vacation than job. Just keeping his eyes on her, and his hands off. How hard can it be? But when the heat starts sizzling in th ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 224 pages
Published December 18th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about His Kind of Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Kind of Trouble

Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
Courtesy of Harlequin through Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I wish I could give this book a better rating, but it wasn't what I expected. The plot was decent at best, but the main female character wasn't really a hot little fire cracker with a mouth – she was annoying and made some really questionable choices.

Ana Perez is a cooking show host, and because she was recently receiving threats, her company hires Chance Berringer as her bodyguard. Amidst all the threats, Ana wants to go h
BBMoreB ~
Nov 01, 2012 BBMoreB ~ rated it it was ok
Shelves: net-galley
Thanks to the publisher, Harlequin, and NetGalley for the chance to read this early!

I struggled with this book; mainly because of the heroine – I found my rolling my eyes at her over-the-top dramatized reactions. This is my first book by this author, and the story concept was fantastic (I even plan to order the first 2 - & I am hoping that there is an upcoming story for Luke.)

This book has redeeming qualities – the hero, Chance, but ultimately it was a secondary love story that had me plowin
Dabney
Jan 08, 2013 Dabney rated it it was ok

This review originally appeared at DearAuthor

Name: Chance Berringer

Trademarks: Chance by name…chance by nature!

Biggest weakness: Adventure and beautiful women—especially when combined in one caliente cook!

Danger is bodyguard Chance Berringer’s first, last and middle name. Protecting celebrity chef Ana Perez—a hot little firecracker with a mouth to match—for two weeks in Mexico is more vacation than job. Just keep his eyes on her, and his hands off. How hard can it be?

Plenty hard.

Katie-marie
Dec 12, 2012 Katie-marie rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Synopsis

Ana is a famous chef with her own reality tv cooking contest show. After the studio receives threats on Ana's life, they hire a personal bodyguard for Ana much to her displeasure. In steps the Berringer Brothers. None of them want to accept this case because Ana is known for being difficult with a wicked temper. Youngest brother Chance walks into the end of the meeting after returning from an extreme skiing trip. After taking one look at her picture, Chance accepts the job and heads off
Hsiau Wei
Jan 19, 2013 Hsiau Wei rated it really liked it
This book tells the story of Chance Bellinger who is assigned to protect Ana Perez, a famous cook from a stalker by her agency. Being a confirmed bachelor, relationship and commitment is furthest from his mind yet when he met Ana, he has the strong instinct to protect her very much. Ana, who have a humble beginning, intend to go back home to visit her family found herself in Chance’s protection which is something that she doesn’t want to. As the story progresses, Ana found herself not only being ...more
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Dec 04, 2012 CoffeeTimeRomance andMore rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic
Chance Berringer is a bodyguard of the family business. His latest assignment is one no one wanted, but protecting the celebrity beauty with a waspish tongue is just right for him.

Ana thinks there is no danger, but the studio insists. Her much anticipated trip home is not what it seems. With a bodyguard in tow, family obligations clash, and Chance stands solidly by her side.

Chance knows there is more than what appears with the childhood friend of Ana. Danger is still stalking and could change li
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!
I love strong Alpha men. I love a romantic suspense. When the two come together, I love it even more. This one held a lot of potential, but the result left me feeling flat.

Chance and his brothers own a personal security firm and they’ve been hired to protect celebrity Chef Ana from a stalker. Ana, being the strong, independent woman she is, resists. Chance doesn’t give up on her and keeps at her until she resigns herself to having him in her life, at least temporarily.

The story started out in th
Nina Harrington
Dec 18, 2012 Nina Harrington rated it really liked it
What a great premise - a bodyguard looking after the fiesty host of a reality cooking show. Fun, contemporary and credible.
I loved the heroine and the complexity of her motivation and family background. A sumptuous setting and a hero a girl could drool over were expertly interwoven in this very enjoyable sensual romance.
Yes, I got annoyed with Anna at those points in the story where the author wanted me to, and yes, I understood why the hero did what he did. Spot on.
Sorry to say that the Mexica
♡B♡
Apr 20, 2015 ♡B♡ rated it it was ok
Shelves: 0-netgalley-0, 2015
I figured out after that this was part of a series and I don't think it is necessary to have to read the others because I didn't feel lost at all. I liked the overall story. I was not as pulled in as I thought I would be, I liked the fact that they went to Mexico but I kind of wish there was more Spanish mixed in, especially if they were going to a small city in Mexico...they are going to be speaking Spanish not english; or at least a mix "spanglish" if you will.

I knew where things were going t
TashNz
Jan 21, 2013 TashNz rated it really liked it
The third book in the Berringer Bodyguard series was HOT! No pun intended.

Celebrity Chef Ana sparked! She is feisty and I loved that she was a strong character, it really suited her. Her TV producers hired Chance to protect her from what appeared to be a stalker. Chance had a plan and getting Ana to follow was easier said than done.

I loved the fast paced action and adventure and sizzling action each page bought me. If it's starting to snow in your neck of the woods look this book up - you'll be
Desere
Nov 22, 2012 Desere rated it it was amazing
This was the third book in the Berringer series and once again Mrs Hunter blew my mind ! The passion and heat between Ana and Chance was amazing !

I loved it so much that I would gladly take the place of Ana to be stalked just to get close to a deliciously and seriously hot Chance !

The author used the element of danger and turned it into the perfect excuse for these two to get downright hot and dirty.

I totally adored the author's use of a very colourful dialogue that made for some really inter
Layla Chase
May 09, 2013 Layla Chase rated it liked it
I wanted to like this book more than I did. The setup of a bodyguard and the one being guarded was one that I've liked in other books. My main problem was the character/personality of the heroine. The author portrayed her as impulsive and passionate but to this reader, she came off as selfish and lacking common sense. If you have a paid bodyguard to protect you from stalkers, you don't dash out alone in public, especially after you've been shot.
I have to believe the characters would act like rat
Garren
Aug 24, 2013 Garren rated it did not like it
I only finished this because it was so darn short. Maybe I need to branch out into romance with a smarter method of selecting reads.

Characters were extremely shallow and the suspense was mostly based on rapey tension. Awful.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Berringers
Category: Passion
Liz Mckernan
Mar 19, 2014 Liz Mckernan rated it it was amazing
I need to check the other books in the series!
Jesyl Dela
Jesyl Dela rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2013
Patsy
Patsy rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2013
Katie B
Katie B rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2012
Jojo
Jojo rated it it was ok
Mar 17, 2013
Fairyposs
Fairyposs rated it it was ok
Jan 01, 2013
Mariel
Mariel rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2013
Terri Pray
Terri Pray rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2013
Loji
Loji rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2013
Donna Cummings
Donna Cummings rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2012
~♥Minnie♥~
~♥Minnie♥~ rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2013
Sherry Wright
Sherry Wright rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2013
Dawn Pressel
Dawn Pressel rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was ok
Feb 26, 2013
Katorah Kenway
Katorah Kenway rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Samantha Hunter lives in Syracuse, NY, where after working as a university writing instructor for ten years she's began writing full-time at home. Her first book was a Harlequin Blaze, Virtually Perfect (July 2004), which was the very first book she ever wrote and submitted (so don't think it can't happen!). Since, she's written seven more Blaze books, with more on the horizon.

When she's not writi
More about Samantha Hunter...

The Berringers (5 books)