Start by marking “The Ruthless Caleb Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Ruthless Caleb Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #2)

The Ruthless Caleb Wilde (The Wilde Brothers #2)

Caleb Wilde, infamous attorney, has a merciless streak and a razor-sharp mind… Years of relentless work have hardened Caleb’s heart – until one New York night changes everything. Now he’s haunted by the memory of tangled sheets, unrivalled passion and one woman – Sage Dalton. The siren of his dreams is, in reality, the woman who played him for a fool – but still nothing ca ...more
Published December 18th 2012 by Harlequin (first published November 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Ruthless Caleb Wilde, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ruthless Caleb Wilde

Jenny
Apr 04, 2013 Jenny rated it it was amazing
Caleb Wilde, hotshot lawyer, is attending a party where he meets Sage a waitress-actress. When he witness Sage being sexually harassed he runs to her rescue, takes her home and ends up having a one night stand with her.

When he wakes up and finds another man in her apartment (David) he believes Sage is a cheater and he goes back home. They reunite when David's father and Caleb's client claims Sage is pregnant with his now dead son's baby.

I highly enjoyed this book. Caleb is handsome, loyal, fier
Kaycee ❤️

Like the previous book, there's an insta-lust going here and they jumped to bed immediately. And because of some misunderstanding they went their separate ways without knowing more about each other. And like most of the HP stories, the heroine ended up pregnant. And from there, we got to see more of Caleb and Sage - fighting, making love and then fighting again which I pretty much devoured. What can I say? I'm a sucker for a couple who always fight because it shows passion and of course, there's
willaful
Feb 07, 2013 willaful rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Cinderella stories
My feelings about this book went up and down like a rollercoaster. We started on the downward slope with a lot of pet peeves -- not calling the cops on a would-be rapist, unprotected sex -- and then went up up up into a angsty area, culminating at the peak in a classic, yet original Sandra Marton being-a-romance-hero-against-his-will moment which had me ready to forgive all. But then it was mostly downhill from there, as the juicy stuff ended and the bickering began, with a replay of many other ...more
Dalia
Nov 14, 2012 Dalia rated it really liked it
Sandra Marton has her original blend of romance elements that you can find in all her books : quirky humor, witty banter, uncontrollable attraction, irrepressible emotions, lots of inner dialogues, an arrogant but tender hero and a feisty heroine.
Caleb Wilde may be ruthless and a little arrogant for his own good but he is also tender and caring. He may act foolish. A lot. But that's because he is in love and doesn't know it yet.
Sage may be delicate but she is also feisty and independent. She st
Saly
A book that totally lacked a story. Hero/Heroine fall in bed together, hero thinks she is involved with someone, acts like an ass, broods for months and then kind of learns she is expecting. Confusion is cleared, baby is his, they look at each other and clothes just melt. Honestly, they only had sex in the book and it was such a typical Marton, that is all I have to say.
Tia
Nov 18, 2012 Tia rated it liked it
I found some of this novel awfully bland but what ticked me off the most was it was incomplete or felt incomplete to me. I know it's a series but it should have "finished" with these characters in a major way. I thought Caleb was a bit of an idiot at times but I loved feisty Sage! I just wanted more and the author didn't give it, unfortunately.
Ginny Lamere
Jan 07, 2013 Ginny Lamere added it
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Ginny by: no one just love Sandra Marton Books
Once again (as I always am) I was pulled into this book The Ruthless Caleb Wilde, and I felt like I knew the characters. Caleb Wilde is at a party he doesn't want to be at, he see a man forcing himself on a waitress and no one helping so he steps in and helps. He then helps her get home and decides that he shouldn't leave her alone he lets her know he just wants to make sure she is okay, they do end up spending the night together and in the morning all heck breaks loose (don't want to give the s ...more
Fiona Marsden
Dec 27, 2012 Fiona Marsden rated it really liked it
The story of Sage and Caleb is a surprisingly sweet tale of love at first sight followed by misunderstandings and complications. Their one night stand ended abruptly with the arrival of the other man in Sage’s life, her roommate David. Months later, Caleb has a chance to finally do something to get her out of his mind.
The battle over the paternity of Sage’s baby becomes a catalyst that brings the two erstwhile lovers back together. Caleb, the tough alpha male, is disarmed by the sweet innocence
Riz
Jun 30, 2015 Riz rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-translated, cr, hq
2.5 Bintang

Bingung sih sebenarnya mau ngasih berapa, akhirnya memutuskan ngasih ratingnya segitu aja. Jujur, agak lupa juga nih alurnya gimana, cuma inget-inget sekilas doang, berhubung baca ini jg modal baca gratis di gramed (as usual, jiwa perhitungan dan oportunistisnya keluar hahaha) plus kayaknya ini cerita kurang berkesan, makanya gua lupa hehehe.

Ceritanya sih standar, khas harlequin gitu, serba kilat, yaah, kurang berkesan sih gua sama isinya, tp yah lumayan lah buat bacaan ringan grati
Nancy Crocker
Dec 12, 2012 Nancy Crocker rated it it was amazing
Wow ... Loving the Wilde Brothers series. Who doesn't want a guy that will come to a girl's rescue. Loved the speaker call conversation between the brothers. And loved that he realized that Sage needed some alone time with just the two of them. And the proposal o.k. It was different but to cute. Can't wait for Travis Wilde's story ...
Kiki
Jan 01, 2017 Kiki rated it liked it
It was an ok read really. And even though the guy was an ass at some point, he was comparatively less of an ass than most heroes. And less cynic as well. I guess Caleb is one Wilde brother who believed in love and commitment more than the others!
Lupita Figueroa BookLoverRomantic
Linda. Me gustó, la disfruté. Muy emotiva al final.
Yuli Pritania
Well, eww... tiap lagi ngomong, ciuman. Berantem dikit, ciuman. 80% isi buku isinya kalau nggak ciuman ya adegan seks. Nauseous.
Desere
Nov 14, 2012 Desere rated it it was amazing
Warning do not start to read this book if you have any plans scheduled ,it is just too good to put down.

Sandra Marton has done it again ! This book was so,so,so very good I could not put it down and read it in one sitting !

Yes ladies the character of Caleb Wilde was absolutely tantalizing temping and deliciously sexy. He was ruthless but in that it-makes-him-irresistible kind of way.

The author totally blew me away with the fabulous plot, yes you will agree that the one night with a little prese
sbf20112011
Dec 03, 2012 sbf20112011 rated it really liked it
This was a fairly short (or at least it felt that way), decent read. I think Marton does angst best, so I liked this one best in the beginning, while the hero was angry with the heroine because of his misconceptions. The story got a little boring once the main misconception was cleared up. I still basically liked the characters though and enjoyed the HEA, so overall I liked it.
Diana Tan
Jan 02, 2013 Diana Tan rated it it was amazing
Wonderful read!!! 5-stars!!! Highly recommended book for an equally highly recommended series, The Wilde Brothers series.
Adhinda Puteri
Buku-buku berlabel harlequin biasanya sangat mudah ditebak. Apalagi isinya kalau bukan pria kaya dan tampan, wanita miskin tapi cantik, one night stand yang seringkali berujung pada kehamilan. Ending yg sudah tertebak. Ini romansa yg klise, semua juga tahu. Tapi tetap ada rasa manis yang sulit ditampik waktu membaca cerita-cerita seperti ini. Manis yg bagi saya--cukup tanpa perlu ada embel-embel memuakkan. Yang perlu disayangkan adalah jumlah halaman yg menurut saya terlalu sedikit, atau konflik ...more
Tonya Warner
Mar 06, 2017 Tonya Warner rated it it was amazing
Caleb Wilde finds that some things even he, a lawyer and ex-spy, can not defeat. A beautiful woman that is not afraid of him seems to top the list. Finding out that the one night stand had left Sage Dalton with his child is enough to strike fear in to the heart of better men then he.

Sage finds that she is pregnant by the sexy stranger from her one night stand. No way to contact him, she is more than a little armed when he shows up, and starts to take over her life.

Fast paced. Excellent.
Sugar
Feb 04, 2013 Sugar rated it it was amazing
Review:

I’ve read a fair share of Harlequin Presents (it’s one of my biggest guilty pleasures) and there have been some utter disappointments and some really engaging and emotional reads. Fortunately, this book belongs to the latter, in the really positive side of the spectrum.

I liked most aspects of this story, here’s a few:

A big plus was that there was a decent amount of dialogue and actual conversations between the characters, not only describing their feelings for pages and pages. In additio
Alexandra
Feb 24, 2017 Alexandra rated it it was ok
Caleb saves Sage from sexual harassment in the pub, drives her home, stays the night and end up making love. Woke up to meet some guy he believes was Sage's boyfriend, he run immediately.

Three months later and Caleb got a case from his brother, makes him meet Sage again, and now that she pregnant, he have to know whose the father, and settle the situation.
Desty
Caleb Wilde menghadiri sebuah pesta yang diselenggarkan oleh kenalannya. Di sana dia bertemu dengan Sage, pelayan yang mengalami pelecehan seksual. Jiwa pengacara dalam diri Caleb yang tidak bisa melihat ketidak adilan membuat Caleb menolong Sage.

Perkenalan mereka malam itu berlanjut... Caleb mengantar Sage kembali ke apartemennya di Brooklyn, di sebuah wilayah yang tidak aman. Caleb memutuskan untuk menginap sambil berusaha meyakinkan dirinya bahwa dia tidak akan mendekati Sage. Tapi chemistry
Nas Dean
Nov 14, 2012 Nas Dean rated it it was amazing

THE RUTHLESS CALEB WILDE by USA Today Bestselling Author Sandra Marton is a November 2012 release from Harlequin Presents. It is from the miniseries of The Wilde Brothers.

After spending a passionate night in New York with Sage Dalton, lawyer Caleb Wilde wakes up to find she had misled him. He is disillusioned and goes back home. But he is haunted by Sage and can’t forget her or the night they spent together.

He gets a new client who claimed that a pregnant woman is carrying his dead son’s baby. T
Greiciane
Mar 09, 2014 Greiciane rated it really liked it
A série dos irmãos texanos Wilde composta pelos livros Louco Amor, Presente de Uma Noite e Um Homem Impiedoso foi muito boa. Claro que foi estilo água com açúcar, mas foi gostoso de ler os 3 livros. Eu recomendo.

No livro Louco Amor, Jacob Wilde é um homem marcado físico e emocionalmente pela Guerra no Iraque e que esta tentando reconstruir sua via pós guerra. Addison McDowell é independente e praticamente uma workaholic new yorker e quando recebe de herança um rancho no interior de Dallas, pensa
TashNz
Nov 19, 2012 TashNz rated it it was amazing
Oh.my.gosh! Couldn't put this book down!

In Book 2 of the Wilde Brother's mini-series we meet Caleb, hot-shot lawyer. He's at a party in NYC; bored, he happens to witness a waitress almost be attacked by a drunk. He rescues Sage and even tho he has everyone's best interests at heart to start with they do end up spending a long night together. He wakes up all WOW until he thinks that Sage's boyfriend has arrived home. He decks the new-comer, promptly leaves and basically goes into hibernation. Ten
Mahareni Sukadi
Nyomot buku ini dari rak rental langganan tanpa modal gugel dulu, alhasil yang dicomot langsung buku ke-2. Yo wislah, mau tak mau harus dibaca to?

Sering liat cover buku ini seliweran di timeline fesbuk. Kayaknya pernah baca komentar seseorang kalo buku ini bagus, atau Ferarra family ya yang bagus? Ntahlah, pokoknya berdasarkan ingatan akan komen tersebut, akhirnya aku nyomot buku ini. Lagian sinopsisnya kayaknya lumayan menarik.

Buuuuuuuuttt...tapiiiiiiii...setelah baca kok malah gak dapat feel-n
Nadia
Well, whatever Caleb may say it was like a fairy tale. Hero met heroine had a one night stand and then realized he was in love with her the whole time. It was just a matter of days when they met again before he proposed and confessed he loved her. So how can you say it's not like fairy tale? Cause it is. I also didn't get the title. There was nothing ruthless about him. I saw absolutely nothing. May be he was but that must have stayed behind the curtains of this story. As I see it, being ruthles ...more
Marimarime
Nov 18, 2012 Marimarime rated it it was amazing
I thought I loved Jacob but now that I've met Caleb...luckily they're both taken:) there's no silly misunderstandings,well li'l one in the beginning and in the last chapter but it unfolds beautifully. Whole time I had a feeling that YES finally a novel with two normal,down-to-earth people, they're stubborn,and strong and sometimes overreacting but hey they're facing unexpected pregnancy after one-night stand.
H is lawyer and h is an actress-wanna-be and they live in different states,he's rich she
Yazmin
Jan 14, 2013 Yazmin rated it really liked it
The Ruthless Caleb Wilde by Sandra Marton is a sweet and sexy romance, with a hero that will not accept defeat easily.

Caleb Wilde is a man guided by logic, and why not, he is an attorney. But he is too used to using logic and not much of emotions, so when he meets Sage he can’t help but see the different choices he makes that he wouldn’t usually make.

Sage Dalton has had a tough life she is used to working hard for what she wants since she was a child she was raised with the “illegitimate” title
HÜLYA
Jun 16, 2013 HÜLYA rated it liked it
Güzel bir kitapdı Sandra Morton çoğunlukla aniden oluşan tutkulu aşkları işliyor.Wilde Kardeşler serisinin ikinci kitabı Kadınlar Ne ister de öyle bir kitap idi..
Sage'i mutlak bir tecavüzden kurtaran Calep Wilde bu güzel kadının etkisine girdikten sonra ondan ayrılamaz aralarındaki önce mutlak bir tutku sonra yakıcı bir aşktır..Aralarında yanlış anlamalar olur birbirlerini kırarlarsa da..Yollarının tekrar kesişmesi kaçınılmazdır...
Sevdim ben bu romanı...Kafayı dağıtmak için birebir...
Tawnya
Aug 03, 2013 Tawnya rated it it was ok
I have read a lot of Sandra Marton books and feel terrible for her as an author for giving this book such an awful rating, when it truly is the publisher' s fault! Probably a third of the book was "missing", or to be more specific skipped over with the last third of the book put in twice.
This had started out as such a good story, I just wished I had got to read it in it's entirety.
  • Beholden to the Throne (Empire of the Sands #2)
  • Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed, #1)
  • The Husband She Never Knew
  • The Fallen Greek Bride / At the Greek Boss's Bidding
  • At His Majesty's Request (Call of Duty, #2)
  • One Night, So Pregnant! (Brothers & Sisters, #4)
  • Unlocking her Innocence
  • The Twelve Nights of Christmas
  • The Call of the Desert
  • Pregnant With The De Rossi Heir
  • Uncovering the Silveri Secret
  • The Sheikh's Undoing

I've been a writer, one way or another, all my life. Before I could read, I made up poems and my mom wrote them down for me. In elementary school, my teachers almost always let me write poems or stories instead of requiring me to do art projects. Always, I dreamed of becoming a published writer...and that dream came true! I write novels about sexy, powerful men and independent-minded women, and wh
More about Sandra Marton...

The Wilde Brothers (4 books)
  • The Prince of Pleasure (The Wilde Brothers #0.5)
  • The Dangerous Jacob Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #1)
  • The Merciless Travis Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #3)