Start by marking “Love in Plain Sight: Love n' Marriage / Almost An Angel” as Want to Read:
Love in Plain Sight: Love n' Marriage / Almost An Angel

Love in Plain Sight: Love n' Marriage / Almost An Angel

Sometimes love's right there in front of you.

As Stephanie Coulter discovers, sometimes you find it in the most ordinary places—and what could be more ordinary than the office? Stephanie, who works as an assistant at Lockwood Industries in Minneapolis, is temporarily assigned to the boss—Jonas Lockwood himself. Jonas lives up (or down!) to his reputation as a tyrant, dicta
Published February 2013 by Harlequin MIRA (first published January 29th 2013)

Deborah Vespo
Aug 28, 2013 Deborah Vespo rated it it was ok
Two stories in one: Love 'n' Marriage and Almost An Angel. A book I purchased solely for the fact that Debbie's name is on it. I'm a die hard fan who was so disappointed. I think I need to stay away from these twofers, because I've been so let down over the last three books like this. I won't stop reading her because I love her so much, but I have to say with all the other books to read out there put this one down and move on. Very little substance to either story. The first story the main chara ...more
Andge (Down the Rabbit Hole)
I know, I know. These stories are rather old and not in the YA genre, so sue me. Call me grandmotherly if you have to, but her stories aren't bad. I mean, not all of them are at least. This one just so happens to be "okay" instead of awesome.

In Love in Plain Sight, the first story had one of the most annoying male characters ever. He was very cold and arrogant. Come on, it even said that he was an arrogant man. At least that was an accurate description of him. However, the way the ladies in the
Susan Earle
Jul 12, 2014 Susan Earle rated it it was ok
Not one of her best. If it had been any other author than Debbie Macomber I probably would have not finished the book. The second story (Almost an Angel) was especially bad. I found the character of Bethany pathetic and Jonas obnoxious. His daughter Angel was at least charming.

Kathy jenkins
Mar 22, 2013 Kathy jenkins rated it it was ok
This one was almost too sappy for a diehard debbie macomber fan like me. These girls are executive assistants and they fall in love with their boss who is of course ruggedly handsome under his gruff exterior. Blech, blech, double blech.
Margaret Fraleigh
Mar 30, 2013 Margaret Fraleigh rated it it was amazing
I love Debbie Mcomber books. This particular book has two stories about love being plain sight.
Both stories were riveting, I couldn't put the book down until I finished the stories.
Elaine
Feb 26, 2013 Elaine added it
I have yet to meet a Debbie Macomber book that I don't enjoy. This book has 2 of her older books from the late '80s that she has updated a little bit. I loved both of the stories.
Michele Rock
Oct 03, 2013 Michele Rock rated it really liked it
I did enjoy this book. It shows how a man can change. HAHA. I enjoy Debbie's books and look forward to reading more of her books in the future.
Rosemary Yakubowski
Jul 02, 2013 Rosemary Yakubowski rated it it was amazing
Another set of excellent books by Debbie Macomber. Nice little romantic stories with happy endings. Some light reading for the summer.
Sandy Forman-Johnson
May 20, 2013 Sandy Forman-Johnson rated it it was amazing
nothing passes the time better than a two for 1 by Debbie Macomber. as always she makes the escape from reality very easy and enjoyable.
Kaye Severns
Mar 18, 2013 Kaye Severns rated it liked it
I love reading Debbie Macomber books. This was one bought while on vacation and I stayed up late reading it.
Niza
Mar 31, 2013 Niza rated it really liked it
Debbie Macomber always has a good love story up her sleeve and this one has two of them.
Julie
Apr 11, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it
I love her books. I always feel happy while reading her books.
Julie
Mar 23, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it
I'm always up for a light hearted romance by Debbie Macomber.
Mimi Conrad
for diehard romantics
Julie Barrett
Jul 11, 2013 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it
Love in Plain Sight: Love n' Marriage / Almost An Angel by Debbie Macomber
Love how these two stories came about.
Love n' Marriage
Stephanie has to work for Jonus who uses a cane and he is the president of the company. She is just a temp as the regular secretary is out of medical leave.
She tries to kill him with kindness to throw him off.. She meets with her other secretary friends for a drink after work and they are gearing up to make the boss meet someone to love.
One of her jobs is to accompany t
Kk
May 27, 2013 Kk rated it liked it
There are 2 stories which are called "Love'n marriage" and "Almost an Angel" Both stores are about executive assistants (secretaries) who fall in love with the owner of the companies. In "Love'n Marriage" the secretary is Stephanie Coulter and the boss is Jonas Lockwood. When Stephanie subs for Jonas's regular secretary she discovers what a tyrannt Jonas is to work for. She doesn't put up with this rude remarks or work demands. Stephanie accompanies Jonas to France as a translator and that is wh ...more
April Suter
Classic 80's love stories:
Love'n'Marriage: Stephanie falls in love with her boss on a trip to Paris.

Almost an Angel: After being in love with her boss for several years, Bethany falls in love with his daughter.
Deborah Darsie
Feb 15, 2014 Deborah Darsie rated it really liked it
Vintage Macomber - 2 stories from the late 1980's. The stories then seemed to be heavily weighted toward powerful male executive and a beauty who worked directly (or nearly) with the aforementioned exec.
Diane
Jul 26, 2016 Diane rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Really bad choice for me. Just a lot of fluff. I don't like romance novels...should never picked this one up.
Fredell Boston
Oct 26, 2015 Fredell Boston rated it really liked it
2 booksd in one!
Debbie Macomber at her best.
Enjoyed both Love 'n Marriage and Almost an Angel.
Although the second of the two wwas somewhat formulaic. Curmudgeonly boss with precocious daughter falls for lovestruck assistant, etc.
Still good reading.
Lynn Ware
Mar 12, 2014 Lynn Ware rated it it was ok
Only read the first one. Too sappy to bother reading the second story. Not up to this author's usual good work.
Anita Mott
Jul 15, 2015 Anita Mott rated it it was ok
The outcome is very predictable. This high powered executive wouldn't behave in this manner. I started to read the second story in this book, but gave it up.
Cathy Hughes
I love Macomber's writing style. Both of the stories were so well written and entertaining.
Anne Holly
Jun 22, 2015 Anne Holly rated it it was ok
Shelves: gave-away
Repackaged short romances from the 80s. Made for okay reading, if you are seeking some brain junk food. In the first, I liked the romance readers' schemes and analysis, though this went to ridiculous lengths (it was cute when it was water cooler talk; when it got to actual manipulation, not so much). The second, however, was less enjoyable, as the heroine seemed so dish-raggy, and I was kind of embarrassed for her. Still, a nice way to pass the time, if you don't pay new book prices for it.

Dates
Elena Mikalsen
Oct 20, 2015 Elena Mikalsen rated it did not like it
Absolutely awful book which makes women look like idiots
Crissy
Jan 23, 2016 Crissy rated it really liked it
Two wonderful stand alone books that worked well as one take along. Bosses and assistants are a strange bunch who work a lot together and have to be careful of the lines in the sand. What happens when everyone is unattached.
Farra Scott-green
Jan 07, 2015 Farra Scott-green rated it liked it
Highly predictable, but a cute quick read.
Whitney
Apr 09, 2016 Whitney rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down!
Courtney Lyman
Sep 22, 2015 Courtney Lyman rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I loved these stories. They were both such sweet romances. I didn't want them to end.
  • The Innocents Club
  • The Hatbox Baby
  • The Laws of Attraction (Rose Cottage Sisters, #3)
  • Before and Again
  • The Skin Type Solution
  • Playing for Keeps: Opposites Attract / Partners
  • The Apartment (Harlequin Romance Manga)
  • InterCourses: An Aphrodisiac Cookbook
  • The Alaska Brides Collection: Five Romances Persevere in the Alaska Wilderness
  • How to Stuff a Wild Zucchini
  • The Baby Promise
  • Stories for Christmas: Free heart-warming festive tasters from three bestselling authors
  • First Kiss (Bethlehem, #5)
  • Firebird
  • The Lover's Path: An Illustrated Novella of Venice
  • Starting Over (Nugget, #4)
  • No Regrets
  • Love Finds a Home: 3 Historical Romances Make Falling in Love Simple and Sweet
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 950 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...