Start by marking “Angel Mine” as Want to Read:
Angel Mine

Angel Mine (Whispering Wind #2)

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  666 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
Welcome back to Whispering Wind, Wyoming, where New York Times bestselling author Sherryl Woods proves yet again that family comes first

Published January 29th 2013 by Harlequin MIRA (first published August 1st 2000)

Elena
Mar 30, 2013 Elena rated it liked it
The thing is that when I read After Tex I thought Todd was gay. When I started reading Angel Mine I couldn't imagine Todd in a relationship with a woman, add to it that Heather's reasons to seek Todd sounded shallow and I lost my interest in the main couple. I kept on reading because I wanted to read more about Maggie, Henrietta and Tess. No, it wasn't the best from Ms. Woods.
Catherine
Mar 29, 2016 Catherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a good easy read. Loved the eccentric characters that made Whispering Wyoming a very real and vivid place.
Diana Senn
Dec 11, 2013 Diana Senn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: female romance readers
Recommended to Diana by: any female that enjoys love, adventure and
I really liked the way this story went. It held you interest and build a good base for a on going series. It makes you want to continue to see where the character's go

The story is set around an airport being taken over by a new group of staff. It tell the story from a stewardess point of view. It deal with women gaining their rightful role in the business world. There is love, hate laughter and joy all rolled in.

It is differentially a GOODREAD Read and enjoy
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Series: Whispering Wind #2
Rating: 5
Review:

"Angel Mine" by Sherryl Woods was a wonderful contemporary romance novel that was the first in this 'A Whispering Wind' series. This was indeed a interesting story of how the girl gets the guy or was the guy finally get the girl? This author gives the reader a well written spin on a true romantic love between Heather Reed and Todd Winston. With Heather being a single paren
Barb
Jan 29, 2016 Barb rated it it was amazing
Heather Reed thought she was making the right choice when she decided to raise her daughter, Angel, on her own. But three years later, Heather realizes she needs help. Her career as an actress is faltering, and Angel's more than she can handle alone. It's time to track down Angel's father...only problem is, he doesn't know Angel exists.
Heather's search leads her to Whispering Wind, Wyoming. If Todd Winston is dismayed to see his old girlfriend show up in town, he's shocked when he looks into the
Kathryn
Angel Mine was a very pleasant enjoyable listen. Christine Traister did an admirable narration that kept me engaged and I am certain it added to the story in general.

This is the story of Heather who arrives in a small town in Wyoming to introduce her daughter to her Daddy. Unsuspecting Todd is taken completely by surprise. Because of an incident in his childhood when he had been watching his sister, Todd is wary of children and doesn't see himself as father material. Heather and the ini
Bookadventurer
I usually really enjoy Ms. Woods, but this just seemed to drag on and on, and the issue of why Todd was so against having contact with kids took way to long to be resolved. It didn't help that I didn't like Heather Reed from the get-go. It just seemed to me that she wasn't looking for daddy for Angel in the beginning, she really just wanted a break from being a single mother and figured she'd just make him buck-up and take some responsibility for Angel, which wasn't fair in the first place as it ...more
Beth Pearson
Jun 10, 2014 Beth Pearson rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-had-sex
Angel Mine follows right after "After Tex" and it was nice to see hear more of what is happening with the other characters of Whispering Wind. This is totally fluff reading but a nice escape. The 3 year old Angel was fun.
anneliese case
Oct 10, 2014 anneliese case rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Angel mine

loved this book, but then I love all of Sherryl Woods books. Looking forward to the next one any day now.
Petie McCarty
This was my first Sherryl Woods book and I listened to it as an unabridged audiobook. A pleasant, well-written story.
Suzy
Jan 27, 2014 Suzy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
your standard contemporary romance novel. the male lead learns he has a daughter and freaks out cuz his younger sister died in a car accident in his youth. read it on the canal while skating 2014
Sherry Grussing
Jul 17, 2016 Sherry Grussing rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
Wow. That Heather is a busy-body, know-it-all. Did not like her one bit.
Ida Lukasik
Feb 21, 2016 Ida Lukasik rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me a bit to get into this book, but it was enjoyable
Becky
Jul 14, 2014 Becky rated it it was amazing
Interesting characters and plot. Easy to read.
Michele
Jul 03, 2014 Michele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The sequel to After Tex; nice wrap job.
Claudia Cheyne
Jan 22, 2014 Claudia Cheyne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story about an event in someone's past holding them back from enjoying the present. Small town setting, believable characters, would recommend to others.

Tara
Nov 10, 2015 Tara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
Sappy and predictable as all hell. Under the category of Mills & Boon...
Cbeagle
ebook
PWRL
Jan 31, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
E
Marcia  Haskell
"Heather Reed loves her three-year-old daughter, Angel, but is having trouble coping with being a single parent. It's time to find Angel's father, Todd. She tracks him down in Whispering Winds, Wyoming. Determined to win Todd over as Angel's father -- and maybe even as a husband -- Heather wages her campaign with the help of some of the town's most outrageous characters."

THIS REVIEW IS NOT COMPLETE
Mum
Feb 26, 2013 Mum rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, beach-read
If it were a little shorter or crisper, it would have been a 4 star book. I never really liked Heather, so that may have been what was wrong for me. It didn't ring true in terms of the relationship between Heather and Todd. The ending was too saccharine sweet to even register a "that could happen." In short a reasonably good story with an unbelievable ending.
Linda
Jun 08, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Woods has a way with character dynamics. Heather tried to raise her daughter by herself but it was more than she had bargained for. She had not told Todd that he was a Father but when she confronted him, he surprised even Heather about his feelings toward his daughter. Families have a way of making it even when odds are against them. Good book.
Cathy Beck
excellent, good book
Emily Higgins
Mar 12, 2013 Emily Higgins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Heather and her daughter, Angel, travel to Wyoming so that Angel can meet her father, Todd, for the first time. Since Todd was not aware that he had a daughter, there are a few complications on the way to happily-ever-after. An enjoyable read.
Anneka
Jun 17, 2013 Anneka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it! It did start to get repetitive after the halfway mark, but I was invested in the characters by then. Also, the ending was fairly abrupt. All neatly packed up in the last chapter. Otherwise it would have been 5 stars.
Karen
Aug 12, 2013 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pleasant romance novel from an accomplished author. Her books are intelligent and feature characters that are each unique instead of stereotypes. Good reader too (Christine Traister).
Nancy
Jul 24, 2012 Nancy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I usually enjoy Sheryl Woods' books, but this one dragged. The ending was fine, but I had to make myself stick with it that long.
Mcfree
Apr 10, 2013 Mcfree rated it liked it
Took me forever to finish this book. The end was an "aww..." so it wasn't all bad. Woods is a hit and a miss, no guarantees.
Polly
Jun 18, 2013 Polly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a darling story. I didn't realize until I was well into it what the title meant. So cute.
Love Whispering Wind.

Megan
Mar 26, 2013 Megan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Again, Woods makes you feel as though you are a part of the characters lives. Love the real life aspects of her books!
  • Castaway Cove (Shelter Bay #6)
  • Dreamweaver Trail (Eternity Springs, #8)
  • Navy Grooms (Navy #4-6)
  • Nothing More to Lose (Hidden Cove Firefighters, #3)
  • The Innocents Club
  • Summer Brides (includes Fool's Gold, #2.5)
  • Merry Ex-Mas (Life in Icicle Falls, #2)
  • Before and Again
  • Christmas at Valley Rise (Miracle at Valley Rise #3.5)
  • Informed Risk / A Hero for Sophie Jones
  • Second Chance at Forever (Holiday, Vermont, # 1)
  • Tempt Me If You Can (Sinclair Brothers, #2)
  • Can't Stop Loving You (Forever Friends #1)
  • Spring Shadows (Seasons Of Love, #3)
  • The Hatbox Baby
  • Twisted Creek
  • The Skin Type Solution
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods...

Whispering Wind (2 books)
  • After Tex