Start by marking “Angel Mine” as Want to Read:
Angel Mine

Angel Mine (Whispering Wind #2)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  580 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Welcome back to Whispering Wind, Wyoming, where New York Times bestselling author Sherryl Woods proves yet again that family comes first

Heather Reed thought she was making the right choice when she decided to raise her daughter, Angel, on her own. But three years later, Heather realizes she needs help. Her career as an actress is faltering, and Angel's more than she can ha
Published January 29th 2013 by Harlequin MIRA (first published August 1st 2000)

The thing is that when I read After Tex I thought Todd was gay. When I started reading Angel Mine I couldn't imagine Todd in a relationship with a woman, add to it that Heather's reasons to seek Todd sounded shallow and I lost my interest in the main couple. I kept on reading because I wanted to read more about Maggie, Henrietta and Tess. No, it wasn't the best from Ms. Woods.
Diana Senn
Dec 11, 2013 Diana Senn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: female romance readers
Recommended to Diana by: any female that enjoys love, adventure and
I really liked the way this story went. It held you interest and build a good base for a on going series. It makes you want to continue to see where the character's go

The story is set around an airport being taken over by a new group of staff. It tell the story from a stewardess point of view. It deal with women gaining their rightful role in the business world. There is love, hate laughter and joy all rolled in.

It is differentially a GOODREAD Read and enjoy
Title: Angel Mine
Author: Sherryl Woods
Published: Mira Books
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Series: Whispering Wind #2
Rating: 5

"Angel Mine" by Sherryl Woods was a wonderful contemporary romance novel that was the first in this 'A Whispering Wind' series. This was indeed a interesting story of how the girl gets the guy or was the guy finally get the girl? This author gives the reader a well written spin on a true romantic love between Heather Reed and Todd Winston. With Heather being a single paren
Angel Mine was a very pleasant enjoyable listen. Christine Traister did an admirable narration that kept me engaged and I am certain it added to the story in general.

This is the story of Heather who arrives in a small town in Wyoming to introduce her daughter to her Daddy. Unsuspecting Todd is taken completely by surprise. Because of an incident in his childhood when he had been watching his sister, Todd is wary of children and doesn't see himself as father material. Heather and the ini
I usually really enjoy Ms. Woods, but this just seemed to drag on and on, and the issue of why Todd was so against having contact with kids took way to long to be resolved. It didn't help that I didn't like Heather Reed from the get-go. It just seemed to me that she wasn't looking for daddy for Angel in the beginning, she really just wanted a break from being a single mother and figured she'd just make him buck-up and take some responsibility for Angel, which wasn't fair in the first place as it ...more
Beth Pearson
Angel Mine follows right after "After Tex" and it was nice to see hear more of what is happening with the other characters of Whispering Wind. This is totally fluff reading but a nice escape. The 3 year old Angel was fun.
anneliese case
Angel mine

loved this book, but then I love all of Sherryl Woods books. Looking forward to the next one any day now.
Petie McCarty
This was my first Sherryl Woods book and I listened to it as an unabridged audiobook. A pleasant, well-written story.
your standard contemporary romance novel. the male lead learns he has a daughter and freaks out cuz his younger sister died in a car accident in his youth. read it on the canal while skating 2014
Interesting characters and plot. Easy to read.
The sequel to After Tex; nice wrap job.
Claudia Cheyne
Great story about an event in someone's past holding them back from enjoying the present. Small town setting, believable characters, would recommend to others.

Sappy and predictable as all hell. Under the category of Mills & Boon...
Jan 31, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
Marcia Berg Haskell
"Heather Reed loves her three-year-old daughter, Angel, but is having trouble coping with being a single parent. It's time to find Angel's father, Todd. She tracks him down in Whispering Winds, Wyoming. Determined to win Todd over as Angel's father -- and maybe even as a husband -- Heather wages her campaign with the help of some of the town's most outrageous characters."

If it were a little shorter or crisper, it would have been a 4 star book. I never really liked Heather, so that may have been what was wrong for me. It didn't ring true in terms of the relationship between Heather and Todd. The ending was too saccharine sweet to even register a "that could happen." In short a reasonably good story with an unbelievable ending.
Ms. Woods has a way with character dynamics. Heather tried to raise her daughter by herself but it was more than she had bargained for. She had not told Todd that he was a Father but when she confronted him, he surprised even Heather about his feelings toward his daughter. Families have a way of making it even when odds are against them. Good book.
Emily Higgins
Heather and her daughter, Angel, travel to Wyoming so that Angel can meet her father, Todd, for the first time. Since Todd was not aware that he had a daughter, there are a few complications on the way to happily-ever-after. An enjoyable read.
I liked it! It did start to get repetitive after the halfway mark, but I was invested in the characters by then. Also, the ending was fairly abrupt. All neatly packed up in the last chapter. Otherwise it would have been 5 stars.
Pleasant romance novel from an accomplished author. Her books are intelligent and feature characters that are each unique instead of stereotypes. Good reader too (Christine Traister).
I usually enjoy Sheryl Woods' books, but this one dragged. The ending was fine, but I had to make myself stick with it that long.
Took me forever to finish this book. The end was an "aww..." so it wasn't all bad. Woods is a hit and a miss, no guarantees.
What a darling story. I didn't realize until I was well into it what the title meant. So cute.
Love Whispering Wind.

Again, Woods makes you feel as though you are a part of the characters lives. Love the real life aspects of her books!
I had a serious problem with the main male character, Todd. I liked him in After Tex, but this was a disappointment.
liked this book but it took a while to get to the real reason behind this story.
Sandy Forman-Johnson
awesome book, Sherryl Woods make you feel like you're right there. couldn't put it down
Wonderful as always......don't think there is a bad book by Sherryl Woods.
Lyn Ford
I enjoyed this book but would have like to find out more about the characters
  • Dreamweaver Trail (Eternity Springs, #8)
  • Castaway Cove (Shelter Bay #6)
  • Navy Grooms (Navy #4-6)
  • Nothing More to Lose (Hidden Cove Firefighters, #3)
  • Passing Through Paradise
  • Merry Ex-Mas (Life in Icicle Falls, #2)
  • Tempt Me If You Can (Sinclair Brothers, #2)
  • Informed Risk / A Hero for Sophie Jones
  • Can't Stop Lovin' You (Maverick Junction, #3)
  • The Skin Type Solution
  • Twisted Creek
  • Second Chance at Forever (Holiday, Vermont, # 1)
  • Christmas at Valley Rise (Miracle at Valley Rise)
  • Can't Stop Loving You (Forever Friends #1)
  • Midnight Play (The Blue Dynasty, #2)
  • A Bride For Christmas (Regency Christmas Brides, #1)
  • The Hatbox Baby
  • Christmas Wedding at the Gingerbread Cafe (Gingerbread Cafe, #3)
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods...

Whispering Wind (2 books)
  • After Tex