Start by marking “Beneath the Veil of Paradise” as Want to Read:
Beneath the Veil of Paradise

Beneath the Veil of Paradise (The Bryants #1)

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Having a passionate affair on a desert island was not something Millie Lang ever thought she'd do...Since tragedy struck her life, Millie has cocooned herself in her work, leaving no time to think or feel. Chase Bryant has his own reasons for escaping it all. As long as they both know this paradise is just for one week with no messy emotions all should be fine. But neither ...more
Published December 18th 2012 by Harlequin (first published November 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Beneath the Veil of Paradise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beneath the Veil of Paradise

Jennie -  Webbweaver Reviews
This was indeed one emotionally intense read! It deals with some very serious issues and I cried more than once.
This story progressed to a place I really wasn't expecting. Chase, the hero, really turns the tables big time on Millie,the heroine. In the meantime he doesn't actually realise that he's turning them on himself as well ! It's a bit complicated but well worth the read. I read it in one sitting. Couldn't put it down.
Be prepared though, it's quite full-on emotionally.
Alex is The Romance Fox
Beneath the Veil of Paradise is the 1st book in the Bryant Brothers Trilogy This is such an intense, heartbreaking and sad story about Chase Bryant, a successful, gorgeous architect and Millie Lang, a hard-working career woman.

Millie and Chase meet on a beautiful island and decide to spend one week with each other, with no strings attached. [image error]

This was really an emotional read that pulled at my heartstrings and a few times I shed tears as the story unfolds and we learn the pain and tra
Dalia
4.5 - 5 stars
To say that this book took me by surprise will be an understatement. I expected a run-of-the-mill story about a holiday fling but I got one intense read.
Appearances are deceiving. At first, Millie appears an uptight workaholic and Chase seems a reckless playboy. But soon enough the reader can see, through the cracks in their armours, that there are many hidden secrets on both sides. KH reveals them bit by excruciating bit, keeping the reader on his toes, eager to know more about th
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Reviewed at HarlequinJunkie.com

Kate Hewitt's Beneath the Veil of Paradise offers readers a compelling story in which hedge-fund manager Millie Lang and successful, self-made architect Chase Bryant meet and strike a sexy vacation bargain in tropical surroundings meant to last for a brief time only:

"'You give me one week" … He leaned forward, the urgency and excitement he field coming out on his voice, his body. He felt it thrum between them with the pulse of an electric current. 'One week. Seven
Jane(Janelba)
I found out about this one after I discovered that In the Heat of the Spotlight was book 2 of the Bryant Brothers miniseries. I much prefered this book. Millie abd Chase are both such wonderful people who deserved to find each other and fall in love. As ever the path to happiness had its ups and downs. Will now read book 3 as soon as it is released. Can't wait to see what befalls Aaron !
Mary
"Beneath the Veil of Paradise" was a quick read that had surprisingly more emotional depth than other Harlequin romances. Two people each facing personal tragedy end up finding each other while vacationing. They promise to spend a week together, no strings attached, so that they may go on with their lives afterwards with no loose ends. Their relationship ends up focusing more of their emotional healing than the mutual physical attraction.

I'll admit, the part where Millie finally spoke about Char
Baseballmom
That Was Some Vacation Fling........d:)

Ok, there are 2 things you'll have to overlook, 1) the H and h's romance happens over the course of 4 days, ( yes, 4 short little days )..... 2) This is not a light and fluffly read, it's sad, messy and full of emotional unfinished business. I really liked both characters, they were strong people who were successful professionally, but both needed personal healing for different reasons. From the beginning, the author leaves you clues about their issues; I w
Veronica
I am so tired of books making the stakes so high as to be unreachable. Sometimes, it's because they are writing to a specific audience, and they want the characters relate-able. That's great.

In this book, both characters are seriously damaged. Crazily so. The only thing missing is their messed up childhoods. She's recovering from the death of her child, and he has leukemia. The stakes are too high. Too high because it seems they were set that way because the author wanted to shock and appall. Ot
Lily (Lily Pond Reads)
Courtesy of Harlequin through Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

Ah I love finding books that I just soak right in within a day that leave me loving them and satisfied. Beneath the Veil of Paradise just happens to be one of those reads. When Tragedy struck her life, the only way Millie knew how to cope with it is to immerse herself in a lot of work. When she is forced to take a vacation to the beautiful islands of the Caribbean, she runs into Chase Bryant a handsome playboy whose family h
Hsiau Wei
This book tell the story of Chase Bryant who was captivating by the sight of Millie Lang at the beach front where both of them is vacationing. What really capture the attention of Chase on Millie at that moment was that she looks like a painter with all the equipment in front of her but she have not make any move to paint. He approached her and it is the mark of a weeklong fling for them which they have agreed to. Both of them have a secret that they carries and only they themselves is able to h ...more
Diah Didi
Jan 03, 2013 Diah Didi rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: harlequin lovers
It's my very first book I read in 2013, and my very first book of Kate Hewitt. And I loved it!
At first I didn't quite enthusiast reading it. I mean, it's a bit too cliche for an uptight woman to meet a handsome playboy guy. After some pages, I still thought it that way. And then started to think, when will they do it? But when they did, well, okay, I can understand if Chase (and Millie) put some distances. I just thought the emotions between them started to get more intense. And when Chase was f
Fiona Marsden
4 1/2 stars. This is a full on emotional story. Millie is two years on from a tragedy that left her numb and frozen inside. Chase has his own secret, about the worst possible one considering her history. They meet, both reluctant holiday makers in paradise, a resort in the Caribbean. The attraction is at first unwelcome but with a week before returning to the real world they agree to a no holds barred affair.

Be careful what you wish for. Both of them find the intimacy brings out emotions and mem
Marina Andreou
Καλουτσικο...πραγματη αργει να παρει προς η ιστορια.Απο το μισο και κατι γινεται ενδιαφερουσα και εκει που γινονται οι αποκαλυψεις και τα μυστικα και θελουμε παραπανω..ερχεται η συγκινηση και τα χαρτομαντιλα.Ο επιλογος μακαρι να ειχε πιο πολλες σελιδες αλλα θα δω οταν συνεχισω και την δευτερη ιστορια αν συνεχισετε η εχει αναφορα για τον Τσεις και την Μιλι.
Brianne
ETA: The re-read was just a good as the first time I read and commented.

This was not what I expected. I thought I was going to get light-hearted fun in the sun on an isolated island and I got so much more. The relationship between Chase and Millie flares red hot, but there is so much more to each of them and for very good reasons neither one wanted divulge all about their past at first. When they do there is so much emotion and angst, but they both benefit in many ways from their experiences. Al
Tali
I really liked this. Both of the main characters, Millie and Chase, were well-developed and likeable, and it was really nice to read them dealing with other issues outside and beyond their own relationship. Plus, who doesn't want to be seduced on a luxury desert island? If I had any criticisms it would be that the timeline of the story seems a little too short to be realistic. In my mind 4 days is really too short a time to develop the kind of relationship you see here between these two. If you ...more
Marina Andreou
Darcy
Ugh, the entire story was so focused on the tragedy in the lives of the two characters it became tedious rather than a journey of discovery. Maybe I am just getting tired of all the books upping the ante on how miserable their life is so the love they find should be a miracle, but what happened to people having normal problems and finding happiness?
Mlleelizabeth
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Roub
the book was ok.just ok. though it had great potential with both chase and millie damaged people with very painful secrets, the story did not develop well. it was just sex between them n confiding in each other. i dunt get it how they thought they were in love. i did not feel any chemistry der as well. it was disappointing.
Ana
book is good lik 4stars. excellent plot but...big BUT! i hate it when there is that person that knows all about everything but he/she also has some isues that they don't discus but can sell others some deep shi*
Kerry Connor
I've been reading a lot of Presents lately, many of them very good. This one was tremendous. Moving, powerful and an excellent example of how great things can be done in the short series format. Loved it.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Bryants: Powerful & Proud
Category: Classic Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Bryants: Powerful & Proud
Category: Classic Romance
Carla Rouse
Carla Rouse marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Mathilda Koppel Eriksson
Mathilda Koppel Eriksson marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
chasey
chasey marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
  • Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed, #1)
  • Prince of Secrets (By His Royal Decree, #2)
  • A Real Cowboy (Rich Rugged Ranchers #2)
  • The Dangerous Jacob Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #1)
  • Woman in a Sheikh's World (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #2)
  • The Secret Sinclair (Mills & Boon Modern)
  • The Divorce Party (The Delicious De Campos, #1)
  • At His Majesty's Request (Call of Duty, #2)
  • No More Sweet Surrender
  • A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)
  • A Ring to Secure His Heir
  • A Scandal, a Secret, a Baby\Marriage Scandal, Showbiz Baby!
  • The Illegitimate Tycoon (Bad Blood, #6)
  • Uncovering the Silveri Secret
  • Living the Charade
  • At The Greek Boss's Bidding
  • Once Touched, Never Forgotten (Harlequin Presents #3034)
  • The Baby Deal
Kate is the USA Today-bsetselling author of 25 romances with Harlequin Presents, hundreds of short stories, and several historical novels and anthologies now available on Kindle.

She likes to read romance, mystery, the occasional straight historical and angsty women's fiction; she particularly enjoys reading about well-drawn characters and avoids high-concept plots.

Having lived in New York City, sh
More about Kate Hewitt...
Out In The Country The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8) An Inheritance of Shame (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #4) This Fragile Life The Sheikh's Forbidden Virgin (The Royal House of Karedes #4)