Start by marking “At His Majesty's Request (Call of Duty, #2)” as Want to Read:
At His Majesty's Request (Call of Duty, #2)

At His Majesty's Request (Call of Duty #2)

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  192 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
AKA Prince Sexy

Marry the jaded prince, receive a title, a small island, a castle and a tiara…

Matchmaker extraordinaire Jessica Carter arranges marriages that work. And that is exactly what Prince Drakos is looking for. The last thing he needs is someone as unsuitable as her…but none of the beautiful socialites paraded before him excite Stavros as Jessica does.

Usually uncha
Published December 18th 2012 by Harlequin (first published November 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about At His Majesty's Request, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At His Majesty's Request

Dalia
Jan 26, 2013 Dalia rated it really liked it
The second installment in the wonderful series The Call Of Duty, is the very emotional and passionate story of prince Stavros and the snarky Jessica.
Having witnessed first hand how emotions can overpower a strong men, bring him to his knees - His father, the king of Kyonos, has been devastated by his mother death and he nearly brought the country down with him - Prince Stavros keeps a tight control over his feelings. He has a reputation as a playboy and he uses his flirtation as a shiel
Saly
Rating 3.5 stars
I agree with others this book was sad and depressing and had a lot internal dialogue but it kind of worked because I like seeing a hero fall in love and in this book we see that plus he was the one doing all the chasing in the end. The heroine had cut herself off emotions and so had the hero but they came alive with each other. Plus the hero saw that it wasn't just duty that mattered love did as well and he chose her.
Leona
Apr 10, 2013 Leona rated it liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
I actually really enjoyed the story line and the characters. I loved the hero, Stavros...so suave and sophisticated, but underneath it all a bad boy at heart. I loved the heroine. In spite of all the pain that came her way, she still kept it together with such class. I loved the two of them together, especially in the beginning. They had such charisma.

What didn't work for me, were the internal dialogues. They just seemed to go on and on. I kept flipping the pages saying...enough....let's get so
Desere
Nov 22, 2012 Desere rated it it was amazing
Maisey Yates always,always managed to blow me away with the most highly unlikely plots. This time she did so again,and boy oh boy what a plot she dreamed up for us this time!

I was amazed to learn that a matchmaker could end up with a Prince but hey what girl would not want a Price,castle and a tiara to go with it right ?

Now as perfect as that set up sounds the Prince in question is no angel and he most definitely does not need the" not fit to be a Queen Jessica ", yet she is the one that simply
Yazmin
Dec 03, 2012 Yazmin rated it it was amazing
At His Majesty’s Request is a beautiful, sexy and heart rending story.

Jessica Carter is the most sought after matchmaker by the rich and famous. She seems to be able to find just the right match for everyone and meet all needs and requirements. And now she is hired to do for Prince Drakos. While she is always able to keep a distance from her clients and have a very professional result, for the life of her she can’t seem to be able to keep the same distance from Stavros. She needs to find the per
Dalia
Apr 08, 2013 Dalia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fiona Marsden
Jan 13, 2013 Fiona Marsden rated it it was amazing
This is part of a series The Call of Duty that comprises two books and a novella. The other book is A Royal World Apart about this heroes sister. The theme of the series is about the conflict between the Call of Duty and the Call of the heart.

Prince Stavros Drakos needs a wife. She must be a suitable match for royalty, beautiful, intelligent, reasonably compatible and able to bear the heir to the throne. Jessica Carter is the best matchmaker in the world with a bank balance to prove it. She has
Danielle
Loved this book!! So good. Loved both Stavoros and Jessica who were perfect for one another. Stavoros is so sweet, understanding, and loving towards Jessica that it was easy to see why anyone would fall for him, and Jessica fell hard for him, and I don't blame her in the least. And Stavoros was the perfect hero to get Jessica to open up her heart to him and no other man would have done. But just like Stavoros helped Jessica through her fears and getting her to open up again after suffering soem ...more
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Jan 27, 2013 Sara HarlequinJunkie rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5 Stars

At His Majesty's Request by Maisey Yates is book 2 in the Call of Duty series.

Prince Stavros heir to throne needs to get married, and married quick so he enlist the help of professional matchmaker extraordinaire Jessica Carter. Why you ask? Well Stavros has a pretty logical explanation...
“When I want to find a suit for an event, I hire I stylist. When I need to organize a party, I hire an events coordinator. Why should this be any different?”

Stavros is not interested in love o
Nancy Crocker
Jan 04, 2013 Nancy Crocker rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Matchmaker Jessica Carter and Prince Stavros Drakos. She has been hired to fins the perfect woman to become his bride and future Queen. There are flirtatious sparks between the two right from the beginning. Prince Stavros is attracted to Jessica. But for many reasons in her mind she is not the right woman for him.

Jessica has loved and lost and felt betrayed by the man who should have been there for her. She has suffered through medical issues. And she has walked away from a
Tawnya
Apr 14, 2014 Tawnya rated it really liked it
At His Majesty's Request is a sequel to A Royal World Apart, but can be read as a stand alone.
Jessica is set to the job of finding the perfect wife for Stravos, one who of course can give the prince heirs. Which because of a severe health issue Jessica can not do, even as she comes to realize Stravos is the man of her dreams.
Fernanda
:) historia doce
o próprio reencontro, dos desejos mais intimos e do aceitar que sem essa parte a vida seria incompleta ou mesmo vazia.

Jessica reencontra a plenitude e o amor que são sem duvida a sua ancora a uma vida feliz e harmoniosa.
Mary
Nov 06, 2014 Mary rated it it was ok
"At His Majesty's Request" is another Harlequin romance focusing on fictional Grecian royalty. Stavros is on the hunt for a princess and has hired renowned matchmaker Jessica to assist in finding qualified candidates - she must be free of scandal, of comparable background, and most importantly, fertile. Jessica, a divorced woman who is still coping with the physical and emotional trauma that ended her marriage, definitely does not fulfill any of these requirements. Nonetheless, the prince and th ...more
ஐ Canan ஐ `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._
tam düşündüğüm gibi.seriymiş.
ilk kitap kız kardeş olsa üçüncüsü de kayıp kralımızdır sanırım.
bi bakmalı.

TashNz
Feb 20, 2013 TashNz rated it really liked it
Jessica has been hired by Prince Stavros to find him a queen. As Prince Stavros ticks off his list of what's suitable Jessica meets none of the criteria but you know they say opposites attract and boy do opposites attract in Maisey Yate's beautiful tale At His Majesty's Request.

Prince Stavros believes if Jessica can see his world thru his eyes it will help her find him a suitable bride but the more time they spend together the more they wonder if although life has a path and a plan, does fate in
Nas Dean
Nov 25, 2012 Nas Dean rated it it was amazing
AT HIS MAJESTY’S REQUEST by author Maisey Yates is Mills & Boon `Modern and Harlequin Presents release for January 2012.

Prince Stavros Drakos came to Jessica Carter to look for a bride. She was a world renowned matchmaker and well known matched couples to successful married lives. Would she be able to match Stavros with a suitable bride? Why was she feeling jealous of him meeting prospective brides?

There was simmering awareness between them and they had sparkling chemistry. But could they a
Marjorie
Apr 03, 2015 Marjorie rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Prince Drakos hires matchmaker Jessica Carter to find him a wife. Jessica has a lot of hangups and Drakos soon desires to give her happiness. Can they marry when she doesn't meet the requirements?
Linnea Bassin
Apr 25, 2014 Linnea Bassin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice story

I was glad to see this series continued, I really enjoyed the story and how well written it was. I found it realistic and enjoyable.
Aishee
I found this book very emotional but the protagonists were quite strong. Jessica was one heroine that I will always admire. She was smart, confident, intellectual and independent. What better match for her than a chivalrous prince? I really admired the fact that Stavros did not escape from his duties towards his country unlike his brother. I found the ending quite unique compared to conventional Mills and boon novels. Here, everything doesn't end flawlessly making it like a fairy-tale. Instead t ...more
ms bookjunkie
A quick read ending in a happy sigh— with tears shed in the middle. Now I must read the brother's story!
Eva
Jan 05, 2013 Eva rated it it was ok

This book was ok, but wouldn't recommend it. The female protagonist wasn't, IMO, sympathetic. She behaved unprofessionally, secondary characters were introduced and never seen again, and the male protagonist was self-centered and shallow. I wanted to buy into the relationship that was developing between Jessica and Prince Stavros, but it was just too convenient and contrived for me.
Len
Nov 05, 2012 Len rated it liked it
Jessica, a professional matchmaker, is trying to find Prince Stavros a wife. But Stavros' attention was caught by Jessica herself. There, the story begins.

I could have given this a 5-star rating if not for the ending. Like all romance novels, they manage to end up together but the ending leaves me hanging. When I reach the end of the page, I was like "What??!! Is that all??"
Brianna (The Book Vixen)
I think this was the first Harlequin Presents book I read, which I read it for the royalty/commoner trope. This was an okay read. I didn't completely like the leads (not that I disliked them). They didn't use a condom, nor was it discussed, which is a pet peeve of mine. And the ending was underwhelming. It could've used an epilogue.
Mlleelizabeth
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Summerita Rhayne
Apr 11, 2015 Summerita Rhayne rated it it was amazing
Absolutely stunning premise. For fresh, unforeseen twists, carried out with sensitivity and gut wrenching angst, Maisey takes the cake.
Melissa Maxwell
Oct 17, 2013 Melissa Maxwell rated it it was amazing
This was a good story I loved Stavros and Jessica's journey to their happily ever after. Stavros just wants to find the prefect wife and uses Jessica to find her but I turns out she is perfect for him even if she does not check off everything on his list. The book progressed well and I loved the ending.
Tia
Nov 21, 2012 Tia rated it liked it
To me this novel was horribly sad in so many ways. I mean the heroine went through some crazy ass bullshit and yes, it did make her stronger but she was given and unfair deal. As for the hero, once he learned the heroines real life story, he seemed to change almost instantly.
Kate
Apr 07, 2013 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall rating -- 3.5 stars

I liked the book, but I felt some of the inner monologue and dialogue between the hero and heroine were repetitive (view spoiler).
Tanya Mayes
Dec 07, 2012 Tanya Mayes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed reading this story. It was sad but love does conquer all. The end left me wanting more I wanted all of Jessica's dreams to come true. Love Stavros he will make a great King. This book needed a epilogue or the author needs to write a part two.
Barbara
Nov 26, 2013 Barbara rated it it was amazing
A satisfying and sizzling read with an emotional punch…I fell in love with Stavros and Jess, laughed and cried with them…held my breath 'til the end. Jess is definitely one of my favorite heroines of all time. And Stavros? xoxoxo
  • Sold to the Enemy
  • Beholden to the Throne (Empire of the Sands #2)
  • Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed, #1)
  • The Dangerous Jacob Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #1)
  • Girl in the Bedouin Tent
  • Prince of Secrets (By His Royal Decree, #2)
  • The Rings that Bind
  • The Sheikh's Prize (A Bride For A Billionaire #2)
  • Not Fit for a King? (A Royal Scandal, #1)
  • The Girl Nobody Wanted
  • Monarch of the Sands
  • Androletti's Mistress (Modern Romance)
  • The Sultan's Choice
  • One Night, So Pregnant! (Brothers & Sisters, #4)
  • The Husband She Never Knew
  • The Man Behind the Scars
USA Today Bestselling author Maisey Yates lives in rural Oregon with her three children and her husband, whose chiseled jaw and arresting features continue to make her swoon. She feels the epic trek she takes several times a day from her office to her coffee maker is a true example of her pioneer spirit. In 2009, at the age of twenty-three Maisey sold her first book.

Since then it’s been a whirlwi
More about Maisey Yates...

Call of Duty (4 books)
  • A  Royal World Apart (Call of Duty, #1)
  • Pretender to the Throne (Call of Duty, #3)
  • His Diamond of Convenience