Start by marking “In His Brother's Place” as Want to Read:
In His Brother's Place

In His Brother's Place

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  15 reviews
"I want the boy."For three years Angie Montoya hid her son from her late fiancé's family…until his brother tracked them down. Now Jordan Cooper demands she move to his Santa Fe ranch—the boy's birthright. But how can Angie live with the man who called her a gold digger…the man whose one kiss she's never forgotten?

Racked by guilt since his twin's death, Jordan seeks redempt...more
Published January 2nd 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about In His Brother's Place, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In His Brother's Place

Susan
Very good book. I liked both Angie and Jordan. Angie had been devastated by the death of Justin and the attitude of his family. When she discovered she was pregnant she decided to keep it to herself. When Jordan found them she had to decide whether to take him up on his offer of a home for them. I loved her independence and how she was doing her best to give Lucas everything he needed. She carried some guilty feelings over Justin's death and felt that letting Lucas get to know his father's famil...more
Virginia Campbell
I am a longtime fan of author Elizabeth Lane's historical romances, and I was intrigued when I learned she would be venturing into contemporary romance with the Harlequin Desire line. "In His Brother's Place" is the first release, and I am happy to say that her characterizations, sense of time and place, and compelling story lines are just as vivid in a contemporary setting! Jordan Cooper has some deep regrets in his life. His guilt over his twin brother's Justin's death in a plane crash has hau...more
Nancy Crocker
Really wish Goodreads and others would allow rating with half stars along with full stars. I keep going back and forth between 3 & 4 stars. It deserves more than 3 and yet I not sure i want to give it 4. I guess I will give it the 4 because there were no major flaws.

Angie was devastated that her fiancé had been killed in a plane accident, before she was able to tell him that he was to become a father. Having been called a gold digger by Justin Coopers family, among other things she felt no...more
Kristy
Alison Bliss
Amanda Sheila
For a moment I was expecting anguish story with misunderstanding that lead the Hero and heroine to their happy ending.

I was wrong.

Sure there was misunderstanding, but not much and I can feel the heat. There was angsty feeling but it's just not enough. The author's slow pace plot is a bit boring, the closure with Jordan's mother is not satisfying (boy, how I hate that old cow!) and I kind of want to slap Angie for not making up her mind.

There are moments when I want to stop reading but I can't...more
Tia
Some of this novel, I'd like to say was boring but a better and more apt word would be slow. The start of the novel and middle parts were slow moving compared to others. However I did adore the characters, they were well written. The end of the novel perked everything up and made it much more enjoyable.
Brandy
I found this book through the excerpt a day feature I subscribe to. After reading the first day's feature I bought the book.

It was good. Full of emotions but not much lightness to break it all up. I liked it and would check out Ms. Lane again.
Rinou
Good hero and heroine, a lack of discussions, some misunderstanding. I'm always a little skeptical when a character falls in love with the twin of his/her late spouse. And at times the boy talks and behave like an older boy would, but not a 3yo.
Pınar
Klasik bir hikaye olmakla birlikte sıkıcı değildi.
Yona
This one was a total waste of reading hours....
Debbie
Read on Kindle. New to me author.
jingles
Harlequin (Silhouette) Desire #2208
Eva Mack
Eva Mack marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Hope Szabo
Hope Szabo marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Rebecca Grant
Rebecca Grant marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Corandra
Corandra marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Cary
Cary added it
Jun 29, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Borrowed Bride (Seavers Brides, #1) The Stranger The Santana Heir The Nanny's Secret The Widowed Bride (Seavers Brides #3)