Start by marking “In His Brother's Place” as Want to Read:
In His Brother's Place

In His Brother's Place

"I want the boy."For three years Angie Montoya hid her son from her late fiancé's family…until his brother tracked them down. Now Jordan Cooper demands she move to his Santa Fe ranch—the boy's birthright. But how can Angie live with the man who called her a gold digger…the man whose one kiss she's never forgotten?

Racked by guilt since his twin's death, Jordan seeks redempt
Published January 2nd 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about In His Brother's Place, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In His Brother's Place

Susan
Nov 25, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing
Very good book. I liked both Angie and Jordan. Angie had been devastated by the death of Justin and the attitude of his family. When she discovered she was pregnant she decided to keep it to herself. When Jordan found them she had to decide whether to take him up on his offer of a home for them. I loved her independence and how she was doing her best to give Lucas everything he needed. She carried some guilty feelings over Justin's death and felt that letting Lucas get to know his father's famil ...more
Virginia Campbell
Dec 17, 2012 Virginia Campbell rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
I am a longtime fan of author Elizabeth Lane's historical romances, and I was intrigued when I learned she would be venturing into contemporary romance with the Harlequin Desire line. "In His Brother's Place" is the first release, and I am happy to say that her characterizations, sense of time and place, and compelling story lines are just as vivid in a contemporary setting! Jordan Cooper has some deep regrets in his life. His guilt over his twin brother's Justin's death in a plane crash has hau ...more
Kristy
May 29, 2013 Kristy rated it liked it
Nancy Crocker
Jan 20, 2013 Nancy Crocker rated it really liked it
Really wish Goodreads and others would allow rating with half stars along with full stars. I keep going back and forth between 3 & 4 stars. It deserves more than 3 and yet I not sure i want to give it 4. I guess I will give it the 4 because there were no major flaws.

Angie was devastated that her fiancé had been killed in a plane accident, before she was able to tell him that he was to become a father. Having been called a gold digger by Justin Coopers family, among other things she felt no
Amanda Sheila
Feb 19, 2014 Amanda Sheila rated it liked it
For a moment I was expecting anguish story with misunderstanding that lead the Hero and heroine to their happy ending.

I was wrong.

Sure there was misunderstanding, but not much and I can feel the heat. There was angsty feeling but it's just not enough. The author's slow pace plot is a bit boring, the closure with Jordan's mother is not satisfying (boy, how I hate that old cow!) and I kind of want to slap Angie for not making up her mind.

There are moments when I want to stop reading but I can't
Tia
Dec 04, 2012 Tia rated it liked it
Some of this novel, I'd like to say was boring but a better and more apt word would be slow. The start of the novel and middle parts were slow moving compared to others. However I did adore the characters, they were well written. The end of the novel perked everything up and made it much more enjoyable.
Karen Landolfi
Éste es el segundo libro que leo de esta escritora y hasta el momento me están gustando. Son historias ligeras, lindas, que te logran atrapar. Son perfectos para esos días en los que no sabes que leer y queres leer algo corto y lindo.
Rinou
Good hero and heroine, a lack of discussions, some misunderstanding. I'm always a little skeptical when a character falls in love with the twin of his/her late spouse. And at times the boy talks and behave like an older boy would, but not a 3yo.
Sara
Feb 19, 2016 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me gustó, a pesar de ser algo cliché, me gusta el hecho de que no es algo salido de la nada, si no una relación que pasó por varias etapas, lo único que no me gustó mucho fue las decisiones tomadas por el protagonista al inicio de todo. Recomendado pasar relajarse.
Brandy
Jan 21, 2013 Brandy rated it liked it
I found this book through the excerpt a day feature I subscribe to. After reading the first day's feature I bought the book.

It was good. Full of emotions but not much lightness to break it all up. I liked it and would check out Ms. Lane again.
Debbie
Feb 15, 2013 Debbie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read on Kindle. New to me author.
Yona
Aug 12, 2013 Yona rated it it was ok
This one was a total waste of reading hours....
ѕєяєηιтι
Yıllar Sonra..

Leslie
Great story. . . Even though there was some hard times to get thru they choose their love over pride.
jingles
Jun 11, 2016 J rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: western-romance
good western
Courtney
Courtney rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2014
Meangirl
Meangirl rated it did not like it
Mar 02, 2016
Floqueta
Floqueta rated it liked it
May 28, 2013
Sharon Cochran
Sharon Cochran rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2015
Aimee
Aimee rated it liked it
May 05, 2013
Pcch2345
Pcch2345 rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2017
Karen Suscal
Karen Suscal rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2014
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2013
Eilish Lee
Eilish Lee rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2017
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2014
Ryko
Ryko rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2013
Ana Breen
Ana Breen rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Sheikh's Claim (Desert Nights #2)
  • His Heir, Her Honor (Rich, Rugged And Royal #3)
  • A Win-Win Proposition
  • In Bed with the Opposition (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #6)
  • Claiming His Royal Heir (Royal Rebels, #2; Billionaires and Babies, #18)
  • Becoming Dante (The Dante Legacy, #9)
  • All Grown Up (Men Of Wolff Mountain #5)
  • An After-Hours Affair (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #3)
  • On the Verge of I Do (Dynasties: The Kincaids #4)
  • Caroselli's Christmas Baby (The Caroselli Inheritance #1)
  • An Outrageous Proposal
  • Undeniable Demands (Secrets of Eden, #1)
  • Bought: His Temporary Fiancée (The Takeover, #4)
  • A Tangled Affair (The Pearl House #2)
  • The Boss's Baby Affair (Billionaires and Babies, #12)