Start by marking “After Life” as Want to Read:
After Life
Preview

After Life

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  549 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Internationally acclaimed psychic medium John Edward takes his talents to new levels and new countries in his fourth book, AFTER LIFE: Answers from the Other Side.
Join John and a documentary crew “Down Under” in Australia and across the United States, where he demonstrates once again that grief, healing, and hope are eternally intertwined and universal. John answers your
Published (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about After Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After Life

Leigh
Apr 22, 2007 Leigh rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: NO ONE
Shelves: spiritual
I am NOT impressed with this guy at all. I won't go as far as to say he is a phoney, but I just don't get why he wrote this book. All he really does is talk about himself, himself, and more of himself. It's not at all what I had expected after hearing so much rave about this guy.
Quintin Merwe
A really riveting reading experience for believer and critic alike; and maybe even the turning point for the non-believer. The concept is brought home by straight forward writing (no BS) and the work is easy to understand.
I was really surprised with John’s writing style, seeing that this was my first experience. I love the fact that he uses humor the way he does and it is also not an exaggerated attempt at it either; the balance he maintains throughout the book keeps it interesting, fun to read
Doug Dillon
A fascinating, first person account of life as an internationally acclaimed medium. Very warmly and openly presented, John Edward comes across as the guy next door who is trying to explain AND understand what he does as a medium at the same time.

In chapters with titles like, “Living on This Side”, The 9/11 Factor”, and “Papa, Can You Hear Me?”, this author offers readers the constant assurances that life continues after death. He includes key psychic readings done before thousands of people or i
Heidi Wiechert
I was talking with one of my coworkers about psychics and I mentioned that I enjoyed Sylvia Browne's books so she asked if I had ever read John Edward. I hadn't, so this was her recommendation.

I liked it. There are some interesting similarities between the two of them- they both have spirit guides, they both are able to communicate with folks from the other side. I like Sylvia's books more because she goes into the different topics of the unknown while Edward just seems to do reading after readi
Alicia Mitsch
My father and I followed the show Crossing Over, and for Christmas one year, I got my dad this book. I don't know if he read it or not, but it caught my eye one day, so I decided I would give it a try. I believe that every book comes to you with an important message that is (or soon will be) relevant to your life. It's the same with this book. I have been struggling with my own sense of grief, and there were passges in this book that have helped me to find a sense of peace. I feel that John Edwa ...more
Patricia Frankos
After loosing a very close friend to suicide, this book helped to bring me some comfort & peace.
Janet
I enjoyed reading about the process he goes through when he reads for people. Very interesting and I would recommend this book to anyone interested in psychic matters.
Sherri Whittenburg-hampton
This is my second book I've read from John. I'm always amazed at his openness and candor. Here is a man who is evolving and allowing us a peek inside of his family, experiences and abilities. Ever since I was a child I have been fascinated by the psychic world and have always believed in the fact that you can communicate with those who have passed over and John has a way of bringing such excitiment to the subject that completely captivates the reader!
Jpalasak
I am and have been a John Edward follower for years. I never missed his Crossing Over or Cross Country With John Edward and am sorry that it is no longer on TV. I like him and what he is conveying to us. This book came at a time when I have been diagnosed with terminal cancer. I know my husband is a believer and can only hope it helps him when the time comes. Keep up the good work John.
John Jolly
Nov 26, 2007 John Jolly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone questioning what's out there
Shelves: thoughtful, religious
So, ok, little sappy time, but will help understand why I like this guy and this book. I read this shortly after my birth-mother passed, looking for some sort of understanding. I know it seems a bit hokey at times, but to someone like me that believes that alot of things exist that we just can't understand, it does help a bit.
Michael Goth
An interersting look into what a medium does. If the book has a shortcoming its that what John Edward does is pretty difficult to put into words. Reading After Life had me convinced that Edward is the real deal though and not the fraud that some of his critics have labled him.
Tia Akers
Kleenex required. The documentation of his readings was straight forward and allowed you to draw your own conclusion. I didn't feel "preached to". I found the book comforting.
Allison Rabbitt
Apr 20, 2009 Allison Rabbitt rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teenage boys, basketball fans, Hispanics, kids who are caught between friends
More for boys and basketball fans than for me. I always liked books where the characters speak another language and blips of their dialogue is written in that language.
Lisa
John Edward was amazing to me on T.V.'s Crossing Over. Now that I have read this book I am doubly amazed! He is helping people all over the world!
Laurie
It was very cool to understand a little more about how john edward communicates with people who have passed over.
Katie
I enjoy his style of writing and this was more like his first book which I thought was very informative.
Mary
Love his books even though they make me cry all the time. :) (touching type cry, I think).
Deirdre
Interesting, particularly with some insight into his relationship with his father.
Moreen Torpy
This is a very good book if you're on John Edward's wavelength.
David
Interesting look into what might be on the other side
Paganwitch
Was ok, not as good as 'Crossing Over' but ok.
Shell
Will read this book again.
Sannah
Sannah marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Peggy
Peggy is currently reading it
Apr 15, 2015
  • Spirit Song: The Introduction of No-Eyes
  • Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much
  • The Crystal Children
  • Adventures of a Psychic: The Fascinating and Inspiring True-Life Story of One of America's Most Successful Clairvoyants
  • Unfinished Business: What the Dead Can Teach Us About Life
  • Wicca + Living Wicca + The Complete Book of Incense, Oils and Brews
  • The Hero Within: Six Archetypes We Live By
One Last Time Crossing Over Infinite Quest: Develop Your Psychic Intuition to Take Charge of Your Life What If God Were the Sun? Fallen Masters