Start by marking “The Lord Is My Shepherd: Resting in the Peace and Power of Psalm 23” as Want to Read:
The Lord Is My Shepherd: Resting in the Peace and Power of Psalm 23

The Lord Is My Shepherd: Resting in the Peace and Power of Psalm 23

Bestselling author Rob Morgan explores the rich meaning and transcendent comfort of the world’s best-known and most-loved poem: Psalm 23.

Bestselling author Robert J. Morgan explores the rich meaning and transcendent comfort of the world’s best-known and most-loved poem: Psalm 23.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads
Published February 5th 2013 by Howard Books (first published February 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Lord Is My Shepherd, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lord Is My Shepherd

Jenny
Jun 19, 2013 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Lord is My Shepherd goes through each verse of Psalm 23 and enlightens the reader about the meaning one can find. The author takes his own experiences being a sheep owner/shepherd and being a pastor, and joins them to reading through the psalm. The author also highlights in appropriate places people's experience with the psalm and how the psalm helped them through particular situations in their lives.

My grandma brought me this book on her recent visit. I liked it and would rate it 3.5 stars.
Victor Gentile
Feb 06, 2013 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Robert J. Morgan in his new book “The Lord Is My Shepherd” published by Howard Books gives us Resting in the Peace and Power of Psalm 23.

From the back cover: Serenity…peace…calm…rest…

Do you long for these?

Are the stresses of life wearing you down? Are you anxious, afraid, worried? Are you simply not resting, unable to find peace? Through the timeless words of Psalm 23 you can be instantly transported to green pastures, still waters, and a restored soul.

The Twenty-third Psalm is the world’s best-
Penny
Aug 07, 2014 Penny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read several books about the 23rd Psalm. This particular author was/is a shepherd, as well as a pastor. There is always something to learn. I learned the meaning of being "cast" or "cast down" from the sheep/shepherd perspective. I had no idea that term came from shepherding. This explanation comes as a part of expounding on verse 3 -- "He restores my soul." I learned that the words in verse 6 "shall follow me" can be accurately translated as "shall pursue me" or "shall chase me" and I lo ...more
Victoria Green
Jan 27, 2014 Victoria Green rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Many books have been written in regard to explaining 23rd Psalm but never ever one like Morgan wrote here. To cozy up in your chair and kiss the world good bye for a while- is what I did while I turned the pages of this book! Robert is both an owner of sheep and a shepherd. He has a soul that is loving of what God loves, His creation; sheep. He knows all about sheep ...explaining how we are like sheep and why Jesus chose to call us His sheep....Phillip takes apart the psalm's words and lavishes ...more
Esther
May 04, 2013 Esther rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The sheep-owner author tells stories, quotes Bible verses, and discusses the 23rd Psalm phrase by phrase through the whole chapter. Reading this book is like feeding at a peaceful banquet. Definitely worth reading!
Sep 20, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book speaks to the soul or it spoke to my soul. I will never read or say the 23rd Psalm without thinking of how the subject was discussed by this author.
Carla Parris
Sep 04, 2013 Carla Parris rated it really liked it
Great book to use as a devotional. Morgan takes each phrase and illustrates it in a way that opens new application and insight into this beautiful Psalm.
Maricel
Maricel rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Krishna Bannister
I would of like to of read how sheep must be broken in order for them to carried by their shepherd
Stuart Matthews
Stuart Matthews rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2016
Faith Chandler
Faith Chandler rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2016
Corey
Corey rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Geraldine Hosford
Geraldine Hosford rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2015
Brenda Moten
Brenda Moten rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2014
Ingrid Shanklin
Ingrid Shanklin rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2014
Elvita
Elvita rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2013
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2013
Seantele
Seantele rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2014
Anita
Anita rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2015
Helen Smalz
Helen Smalz rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2016
Samuel Benninghoff
Samuel Benninghoff rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2015
Kevin Troupe
Kevin Troupe rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2014
Brandy
Brandy rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2014
Allison Linney
Allison Linney rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2014
Elisabeth Waters
Elisabeth Waters rated it it was ok
Mar 18, 2015
Donna Blalock
Donna Blalock rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2014
Lynda Levan
Lynda Levan rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2015
Becky
Becky rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2015
Patricia Murphy
Patricia Murphy rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

“Because Jesus was forsaken, we are forgiven. Because He was beaten, we are healed. Because He was thirsty, we're awash in the water of life. Because He died, we have an eternal home. No matter how deep our regrets, how searing our conscience, how messy our past, we start each day with a clean slate. All our failures are washed away in His blood.” 0 likes