Start by marking “Big Daddy's Rules: Raising Daughters Is Tougher Than I Look” as Want to Read:
Big Daddy's Rules: Raising Daughters Is Tougher Than I Look

Big Daddy's Rules: Raising Daughters Is Tougher Than I Look

What happens when a world-famous tough guy takes on the toughest job of all— becoming a father?

Welcome to the world of the Big Daddy.

Steve Schirripa is known for his star turns on The Sopranos and The Secret Life of the American Teenager, but in his own life he’s the father of two daughters of his own—and a self-confessed human volcano. In Big Daddy’s Rules, Schirripa te
Published May 7th 2013 by Touchstone

To ask other readers questions about Big Daddy's Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big Daddy's Rules

Katherine Jones
Jun 17, 2013 Katherine Jones rated it liked it
If you’d asked me before I read this book who Steve Schirripa was, I couldn’t have told you. I’ve never watched a single episode of The Sopranos or The Secret Life of the American Teenager, and he’s not the type of personality that engages me. So why did I read this book? I was influenced in part by the endorsement of Jim Gaffigan (a comedian my husband enjoys, whose own recently released book, Dad is Fat, made it onto hubby’s wish list). But mainly I was curious. Could this tough guy actually g ...more
Paul Pessolano
Apr 29, 2013 Paul Pessolano rated it really liked it
“Big Daddy’s Rules, Raising Daughters Is Tougher Than I Look”, by Steve Schirripa with Philip Lerman.

Category – Comedy/Parenting Publication Date – May 7, 2013

Move over Dr. Spock, here comes a guy who really knows what he’s talking about. Steve Schirripa is best known for his role in “The Sopranos”, but he does have a hidden talent in how to raise children, especially girls. Steve is the father of two girls and has a sure proof method of bringing them up safely in a world full of dangers.

Althoug
Charlotte Lynn
Apr 24, 2013 Charlotte Lynn rated it it was amazing
Known for being an actor, Steve Schirripa tells the story of his life as being a dad. His old school rules and advice and his humor make this a perfect self help book for any parent of girls, especially teenage girls. His definition of Big Daddy is someone who is strong, devoted, and always looking out for his girls even if it means he is not the cool dad.

This book is informational but so funny and enjoyable. I have a tween and a teenager, both girls. The stories Steve shares in his story hit ho
Susan Obryan
Dec 16, 2014 Susan Obryan rated it really liked it
This should be required reading for all dads. If they think they haven't encountered situations similar to those in "Big Daddy's Rules: Raising Girls in Tougher Than I Look," they probably are in denial.

Steve Schirripa tells it like it is - high heels, hugs, hilarity and all. Moms will enjoy it, too, recognizing their husbands in the author's actions and thoughts.

And for all parents, be prepared to laugh - and cry. Being a parent (dad or mom) is an emotional roller coaster, and Big Daddy jumps
Tamara
Advice in the form of stories from Steve S- he tells ppl to not be afraid to parent, to be there for the child, and quality time is important.

He also lists the parenting styles that gets on his nerves and should be stopped.

Funny, realistic advice, and interesting.

My review:

Traveling With T
Melissa
May 20, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

This was a laugh out loud, tissue please, handbook for dads. As situations came up in the story I could definitely sympathize. I have two daughters (14 and 20) and three granddaughters. I loved this book and shared it with my husband - who enjoyed it! I would recommend this to anyone who has girls!!
Sharon
May 18, 2013 Sharon rated it liked it
This book is for anyone who has kids, wants kids or just wants to LOL. Really good, informational and funny...
Beckey
Mar 30, 2013 Beckey rated it really liked it
From stardom to parenthood... Funny informational book that was enjoyable and interesting...
Lisa
Jul 11, 2013 Lisa rated it it was ok
There were parts that were really funny and that was enough at the start. But the book is really disjointed and jumps from topic to topic constantly. It was tough to finish.
Akhet
Sep 08, 2013 Akhet rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
While Steve uses a lot of language I strive not to use, he is very funny. More importantly he has some good values and guidance for other Big Dads.
Moemoe
Moemoe rated it it was ok
May 19, 2013
Jeffrey
Jeffrey rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2013
Jan Fortney
Jan Fortney rated it liked it
May 23, 2014
Mike
Mike rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2013
keith m jones
keith m jones rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Kristin King
Kristin King rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2014
Kate
Kate rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2013
Angie
Angie rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2013
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2013
Vincent C
Vincent C rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Bobby
Bobby rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2014
Daniel Pach
Daniel Pach rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2014
Hrag Gaboudian
Hrag Gaboudian rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2014
Kallie Gilbert
Kallie Gilbert rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2016
Marcia
Marcia rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2014
Tom Balunis
Tom Balunis rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2014
Abhay
Abhay rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2014
Rick Backofen
Rick Backofen rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Jeremy
Nov 13, 2013 Jeremy rated it really liked it
I agree. "Because I said so" ARE the four most under-used words in a parent's vocabulary.
Richard
Richard rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2015