Start by marking “The Astronaut's Wife.” as Want to Read:
The Astronaut's Wife.

The Astronaut's Wife.

3.62  ·  Rating Details ·  1,865 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
A man, a mission, and two minutes that could wipe out humanity. In this relentlessly gripping psychological thriller, Johnny Depp plays Spencer Armacost, an astronaut sent on a space mission with his partner, Captain Alex Streck. While in space an accident occurs that cuts all contact between the men and earth for two minutes. Both men return from the trip with no memory o ...more
Published 1999 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about The Astronaut's Wife., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Astronaut's Wife.

Kristen
Sep 08, 2011 Kristen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love the movie and figured this might go a bit further into the story or something. I know this book was written after the movie which usually marks the quality, but I figured what the hell. Instead I discovered that Robert Tine is a hack for hire. If anything this book neuters the movie, removing explicit dialogue and crucial story. Instead of giving Jillian complexity and the fear of being a new mother and discovering her husband has been taken over by an alien, Jillian is whiny and doesn't ...more
Doreen
Dec 13, 2014 Doreen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
it has been many years since i have watched this movie. reading this book reminds me of the common alien theme that exists in most stories be it in the form of book or movie i.e. the aliens attempt to populate earth through human beings. as such, throughout this book i was reminded of the x-files (maybe Mulder was an alien) to the recent tv series called Extant. so, if you start hearing statics from radios etc, it is probably from the aliens.
Jack
Apr 19, 2012 Jack rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a bad overall book. Its nice and fast pace, short chapters so if you need a quick read in between things to do its nice. Great Sci-Fi story and really just makes you want to read it all in one quick read.
Alessandro Pellizzari
Una buona idea, purtroppo sfruttata molto male.
I buoni colpi di scena sono pochi, e per la maggior parte il libro risulta noioso, oltre che scritto (o tradotto) in modo quasi dilettantesco.
Anche il finale del tipo "buttiamo lì qualcosa che faccia pensare a un seguito" è deludente.
Maysaloon Abu-Zaglan
it is all about alliance .. the changing after he came back home.. the wife who need to deal with the changes..
Pascalch
Fast paced but somewhat superficial.

SPOILER WARNING

a tad too reminiscent of Rosemary's Baby.
Lyn Richards
Good read, not a page turner, but good light entertainment.
Mugen
Not rating anything for this book. Got stuck in the Prologue itself. I cannot concentrate on details and I felt that there were quite a few.
Rebekah
Oct 07, 2012 Rebekah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Oh. My. Goodness. This was one heck of a ride. I, to say the least, am psychologically disturbed by this book. But also insanely in love.
Peter
Oct 23, 2014 Peter rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Horrible science fiction.
Jessica
It was interesting to read a book written after the movie. I enjoyed it. It was an easy read and I absolutely love the plot. I mean, alien fetuses? Awesome!
Katherine
This was fairly entertaining and very fast read. I didn't realize it was a novelization until after I read it, but it was good enough I'd be willing to watch the movie.
Sandeep Deb
May 08, 2012 Sandeep Deb rated it it was ok
Its a chick-lit!
Fayd Eaton
Jan 04, 2014 Fayd Eaton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not so bad. At the end, I liked it.
Nice story even if I have already watched the movie ..so no surprises.
Mckinley
Jul 18, 2015 Mckinley rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Poorly written, not well developed. Overall bad. Makes sense it was written after a successful movie trying to cash-in. Haven't seen the movie but would recommend watching it and passing on the book.
Diana
Diana rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2012
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2015
Reva
Reva rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2013
Louise
Louise rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2012
Wm Johnson
Wm Johnson rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Corina Jamieson
Corina Jamieson rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2013
Louise Owen
Louise Owen rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2012
Betty
Betty rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
May 20, 2012
Brandy
Brandy rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2012
Kerry
Kerry rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2012
David
David rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2012
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Claire Smith
Claire Smith rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2013
Cyn
Cyn rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2013
  • The Rip-Off
  • Deep as the Marrow
  • Fountain Society
  • Crime Wave: Reportage and Fiction from the Underside of L.A.
  • 24 Declassified: Death Angel
  • Heaven's Devils (StarCraft II, #1)
  • Binary
  • Who Goes There?
  • Hell's Aquarium (MEG #4)
  • Seize the Fire (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #2)