Start by marking “The Astronaut's Wife.” as Want to Read:
The Astronaut's Wife.

The Astronaut's Wife.

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  1,601 ratings  ·  16 reviews
A man, a mission, and two minutes that could wipe out humanity. In this relentlessly gripping psychological thriller, Johnny Depp plays Spencer Armacost, an astronaut sent on a space mission with his partner, Captain Alex Streck. While in space an accident occurs that cuts all contact between the men and earth for two minutes. Both men return from the trip with no memory o ...more
Published 1999 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about The Astronaut's Wife., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Astronaut's Wife.

Doreen
it has been many years since i have watched this movie. reading this book reminds me of the common alien theme that exists in most stories be it in the form of book or movie i.e. the aliens attempt to populate earth through human beings. as such, throughout this book i was reminded of the x-files (maybe Mulder was an alien) to the recent tv series called Extant. so, if you start hearing statics from radios etc, it is probably from the aliens.
Kristen
I love the movie and figured this might go a bit further into the story or something. I know this book was written after the movie which usually marks the quality, but I figured what the hell. Instead I discovered that Robert Tine is a hack for hire. If anything this book neuters the movie, removing explicit dialogue and crucial story. Instead of giving Jillian complexity and the fear of being a new mother and discovering her husband has been taken over by an alien, Jillian is whiny and doesn't ...more
Katherine
This was fairly entertaining and very fast read. I didn't realize it was a novelization until after I read it, but it was good enough I'd be willing to watch the movie.
Fayd Eaton
Not so bad. At the end, I liked it.
Nice story even if I have already watched the movie ..so no surprises.
Alessandro Pellizzari
Una buona idea, purtroppo sfruttata molto male.
I buoni colpi di scena sono pochi, e per la maggior parte il libro risulta noioso, oltre che scritto (o tradotto) in modo quasi dilettantesco.
Anche il finale del tipo "buttiamo lì qualcosa che faccia pensare a un seguito" è deludente.
Peter
Horrible science fiction.
Jack
Not a bad overall book. Its nice and fast pace, short chapters so if you need a quick read in between things to do its nice. Great Sci-Fi story and really just makes you want to read it all in one quick read.
Jessica
It was interesting to read a book written after the movie. I enjoyed it. It was an easy read and I absolutely love the plot. I mean, alien fetuses? Awesome!
Mugen
Not rating anything for this book. Got stuck in the Prologue itself. I cannot concentrate on details and I felt that there were quite a few.
Rebekah
Oh. My. Goodness. This was one heck of a ride. I, to say the least, am psychologically disturbed by this book. But also insanely in love.
Vipul Patil
It is a good story, though it is a bit short. Also the end is a bit abrupt and not very climatic.
Pascalch
Fast paced but somewhat superficial.

SPOILER WARNING

a tad too reminiscent of Rosemary's Baby.
Aimee
Very good although a little short. Lots of intrigue and mystery. Good for a light read!
Lyn Richards
Good read, not a page turner, but good light entertainment.
Derek
Invasion of the body snatchers + Rosemary's Baby
Sandeep Deb
Its a chick-lit!
Jane Roeschlein
Jane Roeschlein marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
C Menning
C Menning marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Jim Burakiewicz
Jim Burakiewicz marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Dianne
Dianne marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Sandie
Sandie marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Jane Macgregor
Jane Macgregor marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Casey Schueler
Casey Schueler is currently reading it
Elaine Nicholas-VanPelt
Elaine Nicholas-VanPelt marked it as to-read
Zin
Zin marked it as to-read
  • The Rip-Off
  • Deep as the Marrow
  • Fountain Society
  • Crime Wave: Reportage and Fiction from the Underside of L.A.
  • Binary (Hard Case Crime MC8)
  • Heaven's Devils (StarCraft II, #1)
  • Who Goes There?
  • Seize the Fire (Star Trek: Typhon Pack, #2)
  • Hell's Aquarium (MEG #4)
  • Hellboy: The God Machine
  • The Union Club Mysteries
Outbreak Forever Young Demolition Man Beethoven The Bodyguard (Signet)