Start by marking “Corbin's Fancy” as Want to Read:
Corbin's Fancy

Corbin's Fancy (Corbin #2)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  476 ratings  ·  22 reviews
When a traveling carnival left Fancy Jordan stranded in the rugged Washington Territory, she thought her luck had run out. Alone, penniless, she welcomed a most intriguing offer -- to live in the home of Jeff Corbin's brother, and coax the wounded, withdrawn Jeff back to health and happiness.

Published August 7th 2012 by Pocket Books (first published June 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Corbin's Fancy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Corbin's Fancy

Christa
I am rereading some of Linda Lael Miller's early books and am beginning with the Corbin Series. As with the first in the series, Banner O'Brien, I enjoyed Corbin's Fancy, but didn't find it to be as wonderful as I did twenty years ago. I found some of the interaction between the hero and heroine to be frustrating, but I found the book to be entertaining overall.

Fancy Jordan is down on her luck in Washington territory, and has been barely supporting herself with her carnival magic act. When Keit
Katy Rustemeyer
It should come as no surprise how much I loved this book. I can say it was really well written as are all her books. I feel like her earlier books had more PG-13/R rated moments. Her newer books like Big Sky Country/Mountain are a little more tame. Banner O'Brien was such a great book that I was worried this book might some how fall short. WRONG, it so did not. I instantly fell in love with Fancy Jordan as a heroine. She was such a vivid character, so funny & as they call them in the old Wes ...more
Kristine (Book Geek Diaries)
Melinda
PepsiGirl
I liked this wish I read Banner O'Brien first so I had the background story of Adam and Banner. Anyway, Jeff Corbin is a disenchanted ex sea captain who almost dies in a blast that was meant to kill him. You meet Fancy Jordan(aka Francis Gordon, who is a magician in a travelling carnival. She meets Keith, who is Jeff's brother, he hires her to care for Jeff and help give him the will to live. She knows who Jeff is and has her own secrets about how he was injured. Jeff immediately is attracted to ...more
LJ
Corbin's Fancy - G
Miller, Linda Lael

But a villainous attack on his ship had hurt only his body -- a far deeper sorrow tortured him, heart and soul. For as the beautiful gamine fell deeply in love with his ha
Tonya Warner
Excellent!

Jeff Corbin was determined to move on, instead of pining after his brother's wife. Instead, he finds the true woman of his dreams in the magical Fancy. Frances Gordan aka Fancy Jordan traveled the country earning money to send home to her parents by performing magic. After failing to get her rabbit to come out of the hat, she finds herself in need of a new job and Keith Corbin thinks she is just the one to help his brother get on with life.

A very enjoyable story.
Anna
Oh jeez. Remind me not to pick up random trashy romances at the bus station any more. This was just so terribly written - how many times can one author use the same adjective? I did like the female lead, Fancy, although I'm not sure why she kept bursting into tears. Or why she kept brushing her hair until it crackled. Is static a good thing for hair?

This was an okay way to kill two hours on a bus, though.
Goldie
I always enjoy books by Linda Lael Miller and this was no exception. Second in the Corbin's series, it was a great story about two people who had their own set of problems being able to be better people together. I recommend this book and the whole series. Heck, read all of her series. They are well written and interesting and make you love the characters and feel good about the world.
Stacey
this was a good book, i had a hard time getting into it, it might have been what was going on in my house than the book. put it down for a week and picked it back up yesterday and finished it today. love jeff and fancy, love adam and banner, and it is so sad what happened to keith, but will make me look forward to reading his story, and find his mate. would read again!
Linda
I really enjoyed reading this book which was a continuation of Bannon O'Brian. Linda Lael Miller has a wonderful way of telling her story and making you feel comfortable with the characters. Fancy and Jeff had quite a courtship and marriage that made you laugh and cry at the same time. I loved the dialog between these two and the fire and ice that made them who they were.
Maura
Set in late 1800's Pacific NorthWest Heroine is alone working as a magician for a carnival. She is fired then hired to be a nurse to our hero. They have a past that connects but they don't know it until they are being chased by a villian. There is a wonderful hot air balloon escape and an adventure on the run. I enjoyed this story.
Lesley
One of my favorite Linda Lael Miller books so far! The characters are wonderful, the story holds you from beginning to end!
Amanda
My Other Favorite. I know Fancy and Jeff are just such opposites..but they work.
Janice
All of Mrs. Miller's books are a GREAT read!! Always worth read over again!
Elizabeth A
I enjoyed this book but not as much saw some of Millers other books.
Heather Brown
Great read, as are all of Miller's books.
Elizabeth
Bloody awful, and boring to boot.
Linda
Oct 11, 2013 Linda marked it as quit-reading  ·  review of another edition
Dumb story, couldn't finish it.
Angel
Not the best of this series.
Mermarie
1985!
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Ave Binks
Ave Binks marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Richa
Richa marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
  • Surrender to the Fury
  • The Law and Miss Penny (Law and Disorder, #1)
  • Midnight Lover
  • Texas Lily
  • The Texan's Dream (The McLain Series 5)
  • Conor's Way
  • Texas Bride (Mail-Order Brides, #1)
  • Magnolia
  • Texas Splendor (Texas Trilogy, #3)
  • One Heart to Win
  • Montana Dawn (McCutcheon Family, #1)
  • The Stranger
As the daughter of a town marshal, Linda has come home to the western lifestyle that gave birth to one of today’s most successful authors. She left Washington years ago and pursued her wanderlust, living in Arizona and London and traveling the world. Now the author of more than 100 novels, the “First Lady of the West” is glad to be back home, writing contemporary and historical stories that have e ...more
More about Linda Lael Miller...
Logan (Montana Creeds, #1) Dylan (Montana Creeds, #2) Tyler (Montana Creeds, #3) McKettrick's Luck (McKettrick Men, #1) (McKettricks, #6) High Country Bride (McKettrick, #1)