Start by marking “Corbin's Fancy (Corbins, #2)” as Want to Read:
Corbin's Fancy (Corbins, #2)

Corbin's Fancy (Corbins #2)

The reissue of #1 New York Times bestselling author Linda Lael Miller’s Corbin’s Fancy, the second installment in the Corbins series!

When a traveling carnival left Fancy Jordan stranded in the rugged Washington Territory, she thought her luck had run out. Alone, penniless, she welcomed a most intriguing offer—to live in the home of Jeff Corbin’s brother and coax the wounde
Published August 7th 2012 by Pocket Books (first published June 1st 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Corbin's Fancy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Corbin's Fancy

Christa
Jan 12, 2009 Christa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am rereading some of Linda Lael Miller's early books and am beginning with the Corbin Series. As with the first in the series, Banner O'Brien, I enjoyed Corbin's Fancy, but didn't find it to be as wonderful as I did twenty years ago. I found some of the interaction between the hero and heroine to be frustrating, but I found the book to be entertaining overall.

Fancy Jordan is down on her luck in Washington territory, and has been barely supporting herself with her carnival magic act. When Keit
Mareli
Jan 12, 2015 Mareli rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF. Sorry the heroine was TSTL :( Really.

I think I'll quit on this series.
Bettie
Very, very, VERY bad

The Bad: Let me put it to you this way: The couple (who communicate with each other like they are in high school) had so much sex that (Twice. Yep, twice!) they needed to use bag balm (See: Old timey Vaseline) to soothe the resultant chafing. Once again, the author had a ridiculous villain (recycled from the last book no less) and a gaggle of one-dimensional characters. In fact, there was even a duplicate character who just kept getting a new name. She was really only there t
Caitlin Wyatt
It should come as no surprise how much I loved this book. I can say it was really well written as are all her books. I feel like her earlier books had more PG-13/R rated moments. Her newer books like Big Sky Country/Mountain are a little more tame. Banner O'Brien was such a great book that I was worried this book might some how fall short. WRONG, it so did not. I instantly fell in love with Fancy Jordan as a heroine. She was such a vivid character, so funny & as they call them in the old Wes ...more
Kristine (Book Geek Diaries)
Melinda
Jul 06, 2013 Melinda rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
PepsiGirl
Mar 09, 2013 PepsiGirl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tortured-souls
I liked this wish I read Banner O'Brien first so I had the background story of Adam and Banner. Anyway, Jeff Corbin is a disenchanted ex sea captain who almost dies in a blast that was meant to kill him. You meet Fancy Jordan(aka Francis Gordon, who is a magician in a travelling carnival. She meets Keith, who is Jeff's brother, he hires her to care for Jeff and help give him the will to live. She knows who Jeff is and has her own secrets about how he was injured. Jeff immediately is attracted to ...more
LJ
Corbin's Fancy - G
Miller, Linda Lael

When a traveling carnival left Fancy Jordan stranded in the rugged Washington Territory, she thought her luck had run out. Alone, penniless, she welcomed a most intriguing offer -- to live in the home of Jeff Corbin's brother, and coax the wounded, withdrawn Jeff back to health and happiness.

But a villainous attack on his ship had hurt only his body -- a far deeper sorrow tortured him, heart and soul. For as the beautiful gamine fell deeply in love with his ha
Teresa
Mar 10, 2015 Teresa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5
Tanya Simon
Jan 16, 2015 Tanya Simon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series! LL Miller can occasionally get a little in her prose, but she writes such engaging characters that I end up not minding. The word velvet shows up a couple of times, if you know what I mean. However, she does write some of the most sensual love scenes around. In this series she makes me cry for each of her strong, larger-than-life heroes and I find myself smiling as things right themselves. If you love series romance, these books are defiantly worth reading!
Tonya Warner
Dec 06, 2012 Tonya Warner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent!

Jeff Corbin was determined to move on, instead of pining after his brother's wife. Instead, he finds the true woman of his dreams in the magical Fancy. Frances Gordan aka Fancy Jordan traveled the country earning money to send home to her parents by performing magic. After failing to get her rabbit to come out of the hat, she finds herself in need of a new job and Keith Corbin thinks she is just the one to help his brother get on with life.

A very enjoyable story.
Anna
Jan 09, 2013 Anna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Oh jeez. Remind me not to pick up random trashy romances at the bus station any more. This was just so terribly written - how many times can one author use the same adjective? I did like the female lead, Fancy, although I'm not sure why she kept bursting into tears. Or why she kept brushing her hair until it crackled. Is static a good thing for hair?

This was an okay way to kill two hours on a bus, though.
Goldie
Jan 25, 2013 Goldie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy books by Linda Lael Miller and this was no exception. Second in the Corbin's series, it was a great story about two people who had their own set of problems being able to be better people together. I recommend this book and the whole series. Heck, read all of her series. They are well written and interesting and make you love the characters and feel good about the world.
karen
Feb 14, 2016 karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again fiery love and passion but too much being difficult with each other for too long
Stacey
Oct 28, 2011 Stacey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was a good book, i had a hard time getting into it, it might have been what was going on in my house than the book. put it down for a week and picked it back up yesterday and finished it today. love jeff and fancy, love adam and banner, and it is so sad what happened to keith, but will make me look forward to reading his story, and find his mate. would read again!
Linda
Jul 08, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book which was a continuation of Bannon O'Brian. Linda Lael Miller has a wonderful way of telling her story and making you feel comfortable with the characters. Fancy and Jeff had quite a courtship and marriage that made you laugh and cry at the same time. I loved the dialog between these two and the fire and ice that made them who they were.
Caro
Aug 03, 2016 Caro rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an ok book. I liked the plot and the basics of the story. This had plenty of emotions, some humor, a bit of strength, ups and downs. However, I wasn't completely taken in by the characters. Most of the time they got on my nerves and the leading lady didn't seem very strong sometimes. Overall a good book and good for the lazy-day-read or for passing time.
Maura
Jul 11, 2012 Maura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Set in late 1800's Pacific NorthWest Heroine is alone working as a magician for a carnival. She is fired then hired to be a nurse to our hero. They have a past that connects but they don't know it until they are being chased by a villian. There is a wonderful hot air balloon escape and an adventure on the run. I enjoyed this story.
Lesley
May 01, 2013 Lesley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite Linda Lael Miller books so far! The characters are wonderful, the story holds you from beginning to end!
Amanda
Sep 04, 2009 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Other Favorite. I know Fancy and Jeff are just such opposites..but they work.
Janice
Aug 15, 2013 Janice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All of Mrs. Miller's books are a GREAT read!! Always worth read over again!
Elizabeth
I enjoyed this book but not as much saw some of Millers other books.
Heather Brown
Sep 02, 2013 Heather Brown rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read, as are all of Miller's books.
Elizabeth
Apr 07, 2013 Elizabeth rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bloody awful, and boring to boot.
Linda
Oct 11, 2013 Linda marked it as quit-reading  ·  review of another edition
Dumb story, couldn't finish it.
Angel
Mar 05, 2009 Angel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the best of this series.
Betty
Jul 04, 2014 Betty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
EXCELLANT
Sheila
Oct 17, 2011 Sheila rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
STARS
Bethany Hadfield
Bethany Hadfield rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
  • The Law and Miss Penny (Law and Disorder, #1)
  • My Lady Beloved
  • Surrender to the Fury
  • The Tender Texan
  • Noelle
  • Midnight Lover
  • Never Love a Cowboy
  • Love Me Again (Sutton and McDonald Families #1)
  • Conor's Way
  • Wyoming Bride (Mail-Order Brides, #2)
  • The Stranger
  • Sentimental Journey
  • The Lady And The Falconer
  • Just Once (The Runaways, #2)
  • Parting Gifts
  • Shotgun Wedding
The daughter of a town marshal, LINDA LAEL MILLER is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 100 historical and contemporary novels, most of which reflect her love of the West. The "First Lady of the West" lives outside Spokane, Washington, where her rescued horses, dogs and cats live the high life.

Published since 1983, Linda was awarded the prestigious Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievemen
More about Linda Lael Miller...

Corbins (4 books)
  • Banner O'Brien (Corbins, #1)
  • Memory's Embrace (Corbins, #3)
  • My Darling Melissa (Corbins, #4)