Start by marking “Mail-Order Holiday Brides: Home for Christmas/Snowflakes for Dry Creek” as Want to Read:
Mail-Order Holiday Brides: Home for Christmas/Snowflakes for Dry Creek

Mail-Order Holiday Brides: Home for Christmas/Snowflakes for Dry Creek (Dry Creek Historical)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  208 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
The Best Gifts Are Always Unexpected

Home for Christmas
by Jillian Hart

Christina Eberlee is desperate for the safe haven promised to her by the Montana man whose bridal ad she answered. Yet she can't forget the handsome marshal who helps her on the journey. Maybe venturing from her planned path could lead Christina to the home she was truly meant to find.

Snowflakes for Dr
Published November 27th 2012 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Mail-Order Holiday Brides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mail-Order Holiday Brides

Susan
Home for Christmas by Jillian Hart
Good story. Christina is on her way to Angel Falls to meet the man she is supposed to marry. She is robbed on the way and meets Elijah, the local marshal. He is a kind man who is immediately taken with her, but knows she is promised to another man. They also rescue a young homeless boy. When Christina meets Tom she is worried because he doesn't seem to be the nicest of men and certainly doesn't compare to Elijah. I enjoyed seeing the way that Elijah looked out f
Mary
Nov 20, 2014 Mary rated it it was amazing
I liked both stories very, very much. They both affirm how God can change circumstances WITHOUT our manipulation!

So often we judge people on their looks, body language, accent...but only God knows what is on the inside and sometimes lets us see some of that when it is important for us to do so. In "Home For Christmas", Christina's intended husband has a stone heart more interested in a slave than a mate. He has little compassion and attempted to pass himself as a Christian with no heart knowledg
Jo Phan
Jan 15, 2015 Jo Phan rated it liked it
These were both decently written faith-inspired romances of mail-order brides finding happiness, even if it wasn't exactly in the way they expected. The characters are thoughtful and there is a real sense of place.

However, I had one issue with "Home for Christmas"....

**** SPOILER **** **** SPOILER **** **** SPOILER **** **** SPOILER ****

The author has set up a situation where the original man who sent away for the mail-order bride has serious anger-management issues, which is one of the reasons
Janis Kay
Oct 14, 2012 Janis Kay rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-fic
I have a serious weakness for mail-order bride stories and this definitely met the craving:) I hope these 2 will continue these stories for a third time next year><
Jan 05, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I must say that I love both Jillian Hart and Janet Tronstad, so I have an affinity for their books. A HUGE thank you to both the authors since they sent me the book! I love it when they come together to write stories because I know we will get characters you can relate to and how you see the hand of God guiding them along their path, Christina and Annabelle's story are introduced to you at the very beginning. Two women coming from different backgrounds are united when they find out they are both ...more
Judy
Jan 16, 2016 Judy rated it it was amazing
Mail-Order Holiday Brides by Jillian Hart & Janet Tronstad
Home for Christmas by Jillian Hart
Christina Eberlee is alone in the world and barley getting by. Being accepted by Tom Rutger as a mail-order bride is an answer to her prayers. Or is it? Not when every man, including Tom, is measured by the kindness of the handsome marshal she met on her way to Angel Falls, Montana. Christina’s adventure includes meeting Annabelle, another mail-order bride who is headed for Dry Creek, Montana and Mars
Barbara
Both of these mail-order bride stories are delightful, and certainly worth reading. I loved the way the two authors intertwined certain elements of the plot to help these novellas blend together perfectly.

Home for Christmas by Jillian Hart:
Christina Eberlee and Elijah Gable are wonderful characters, and, as usual, Jillian Hart truly lets you into their hearts and minds. The child in the story will grab your heartstrings, and the plot does a great job of demonstrating how pride, impulsiveness,
Marianne
Dec 21, 2012 Marianne rated it it was amazing
Home for Christmas is the first story in the Mail-Order Holiday Brides. Told in a charming way, we learn to know Christina as she rides the train to Montana. Curl up by the fireplace with your choice of hot drink and meet Annabelle who is a fellow mail-Order bride also on her way to the Montana Territory from the Dakota Territories. A delightful, cozy short novel, to get you in the holiday spirit, complete with whirling snow and wood fires. Jillian Hart pens an endearing novel in an amazing way. ...more
Paula-O
Dec 14, 2012 Paula-O rated it really liked it
Two of my favorite authors in one book LIH "Mail-Oder Holiday Brides" by Jillian Hart&Janet Tronstad

Jillians story is "Home for Christmas"
Christina Eberlee needs a new start in life, she needs a home and is looking for Love because there has been little of that in her life, so she answers several ads from the paper and soon "Tom" sends monies and proposes expecting her to be his bride when she arrives. Tom tells Christina that he is a farmer and has a nice place that he needs help with.
While
Sally
Dec 19, 2012 Sally rated it it was amazing
Home for Christmas

This is a wonderful Christmas story by Jillian Hart! Christina Eberlee and Annabelle Hester are mail-order brides who meet on the train taking them to their prospective husbands. Home for Christmas is Christina’s story by Jillian Hart. She meets Elijah Gable, the marshal who tries to catch the boy that knocks Christina down as he’s steeling her reticule on the train. The marshal can’t catch the boy, but he knows Christina’s arm is broken, no matter how much she denies it! Chris
Kim
Two novellas in one!

Home For Christmas
I totally bought into Christina falling for Elijah. Let's face it, who wouldn't? He's kind, compassionate, always trying to help others, and is handsome to boot. The feelings that grow between them and for the runaway they try to help are beautifully written.

Snowflakes for Dry Creek
While I enjoyed the characters (except Adam) and loved the story, I felt like there were pieces of it missing. Annabelle and Gabe are great fits for each other, but when their
Joy
Mail order bride stories set at Christmastime? Yay! And this book is even better because it includes two tales of holiday love. I was completely drawn into both Christina’s and Annabelle’s stories. And this time around, the men (Tom and Adam) are not honest in their correspondence with the women. So, even though things don’t work out the way Christina and Annabelle expected, God worked it out His way - and what He had planned was even better than what they hoped for.
Jillian Hart and Janet Trons
Valri Western
Dec 11, 2012 Valri Western rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novella by Janet and Jillian! I enjoy mail order bride stories but this one was a little different in that the two women met on the train going to Montana to meet their two future husbands and ended up not marrying the men they were intended to marry! Both men would not have been right for them, one being a cold-hearted, mean man and the other a widower who wasn't ready to marry again. The ladies instead met men who weren't looking for marriage but found the right person an ...more
Melody
Oct 12, 2014 Melody rated it it was amazing
How this landed in boxes of my haven't yet read books is beyond me! Jillian Hart and Janet Tronstad are always at the top of my list. I love the way they write, and I love their mail order bride series!I am sucker for that premise, those stories always get to me!Plus I know with these fabulous authors I will always get a sweet, cute, short romance centered around Christmas! Doesn't get much better than that! I love to read holiday books at any time other than the holiday season. Reminds me why I ...more
Heather Letalien Costa
Perfect filler reading when I am in between more substantial books. Always the happy ending.
Mary Ann
Light and a look back into the days when character mattered both for women and men.
Jeanie Harper
These Montana men sound terrific - anybody out there who can confirm??
Ausjenny
Dec 27, 2012 Ausjenny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
This is a good Novella with both stories being good. In the first book by Jillian Hart we see Christina who has answered an add to marry a farmer in Montana. On the way she encounters a Marshall and wonders about her choice but having promised to marry the farmer she feels she has to go through with this. We see a few other obstacles on the way. A good story.
In Janet Tronstad's we see Annabelle arrive to marry one Stone brother only to find him missing. The children want a mother and think their
Ruth Rumsey
Feb 23, 2015 Ruth Rumsey rated it it was amazing
I Loved It And Will Read Again .
Scott Jeremy Nino Roberts
Nov 24, 2014 Scott Jeremy Nino Roberts rated it it was amazing
Shelves: classic-novels
The book cover looks nice.
Linda
Nov 19, 2014 Linda added it
pleasant short and easy read.
Susan
Dec 12, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, review-for-janet
I loved this book! Two awesome authors coming together once again to bring us back in to the past. I got totally lost in the stories of Christina and Annabelle. Both are mail order brides who think their lives will be very good once they get to their destinations. It's two separate stories but the two women meet on the train and are inter woven into each to the stories!

I felt sorry for both of them and their stories were truly heart breaking! Great job Janet and Jillian! I want to read more!
Connie
Jan 22, 2013 Connie rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book. The first story by Jillian Hart was a joy to read. I loved all the characters and it had great chemistry between Christina and Elijah. The second story by Janet Tronstad was good. The character of Adam was really a pointless character to me in the book and it makes you hate him. Gabe was good in it but I wanted more info on him. If you are a fan of either author, then you need to read this book. :)
Kathy
Jan 02, 2013 Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
This volume of two novellas was something I enjoyed. The two stories are connected in that the two brides become acquainted on the train ride west and continue the friendship as best they can upon their arrivals. Although the two stories were "novellas," they each were full, complete stories, with well-developed characters and plot. This volume is thicker than others for the same price, so it is a good deal for your money.
June
Dec 03, 2012 June rated it really liked it
Mail Order stories have always been a favorite for me, and this book was fantastic. To live through something like that would be unbelievable. Not knowing what you were really getting in to. It had to take a lot of faith, and an equal amount of courage to get out of the situation if it wasn't the right one.

You can't go wrong picking up this book. Couldn't put it down.
CarolynB
Dec 05, 2012 CarolynB rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
This book contains two novellas--one by Jillian Hart and one by Janet Tronstad. Each one is about a mail order bride who travels west to start a new life. The ladies meet each other on the train and become friends. Their stories are similar and both take place around Christmas. Each story is an engaging read. I think you'll like them both!
Kathy Heare Watts
Two mail-order bride stories that start out together, each story written by a different author. The two brides to be meet on the train traveling to Montana. In both stories, the groom doesn't turn out to be honest in their exchange of letters and each bride ends up marrying someone else, but someone better for them.
Jeani
Jan 01, 2013 Jeani rated it really liked it
I've read a few of Janet's previous books, but none by Jillian Hart. I loved how both the main characters were introduced in the first book and as the second book started, it brought us back to what happened in the first book. Nice, heartwarming read for the Christmas season!
Katie Watkins
Dec 23, 2012 Katie Watkins rated it really liked it

Both of these mail-order bride Christmas stories were so cute!! What I really liked I the fact that the two girls from the stories knew each other and there were tiny references to each of them in the other's story. They were both fairly short and sweet....and clean!!
Dancer
Apr 16, 2013 Dancer rated it really liked it
Jillian Hart and Janet Tronstad mix the characters and the stories to keep the readers interested. However, Ms. Hart's story is first for a reason. It is a much stronger piece than is "Snowflakes for Dry Creek" by Tronstad. I would give the first story a 5 and the second a 3.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 18, 2014 09:44AM
  • The Gift of Family: Merry Christmas, Cowboy\Smoky Mountain Christmas
  • Unlawfully Wedded Bride
  • The Bridal Swap (Smoky Mountain Matches, #2)
  • The Homesteader's Sweetheart
  • The Marshal's Promise
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
  • Second Chance Family
  • The Baron's Governess Bride (Glass Slipper Brides, #2)
  • The Unlikely Wife (Bowen, #2)
  • Heartland Wedding (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #2)
  • Prairie Courtship
  • Their Frontier Family (Wilderness Brides, #1)
  • Captain of Her Heart (Brides of Waterloo, #1)
Jillian Hart grew up on her family's homestead in Washington state, where she raised cattle, rode horses and scribbled stories in her spare time.
After earning her English degree from Whitman College, she worked in travel and advertising before selling her first novel.
When Jillian isn't working on her next story, she can be found puttering around her rose garden, curled up with a good book and sp
More about Jillian Hart...

Dry Creek Historical (4 books)
  • Calico Christmas at Dry Creek (Dry Creek Historical, #1)
  • Mistletoe Courtship
  • Mail-Order Christmas Brides: Her Christmas Family\Christmas Stars for Dry Creek